• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida International University (FIU)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
This goes to players in the FIU area. People play everyday from Monday to Thursday at FIU. There usually is a GCN hooked up to the TV located on the Graham Center's small lounge area on the second floor.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
What time do pplz play?
To be safe, I'm gonna say that people start playing around 10:30am or so, until 7pm and sometimes later. ONI plays there as he recently enrolled at FIU.

Lunar War ruuku?
You're gonna have to explain what exactly you mean by that...

where is FIU?
FIU is on SW 8th St. and SW 107th Ave. Here's some directions straight from my school's website since I'm way to tired to think... http://www.fiu.edu/docs/campus_maps-up.htm

How about how many pplz play?
It varies from one day to another but I'm gonna say that an average of 5 people usually are around there playing.

Also, everyone be ready for a lot tournaments starting in the fall.

eastheaven

Smash Ace
I guess not, I know someone else named Ruuku in Lunar Wars but I guess Ruuku isn't too uncommon a name nowadays

Honors

Smash Journeyman
This goes to player in the FIU area. People play everyday from Monday to Thursday at FIU. There usually is a GCN hooked up to the TV located on the Graham Center's small lounge area on the second floor.
Is this the Taniami campus (main campus?) or the biscayne campus? Also, were you passing by when you were looking for someone to play smash from Miramar a few weeks earlier?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I guess not, I know someone else named Ruuku in Lunar Wars but I guess Ruuku isn't too uncommon a name nowadays
Well, Ruuku is the romanization of my first name in Japanese.

Is this the Taniami campus (main campus?) or the biscayne campus? Also, were you passing by when you were looking for someone to play smash from Miramar a few weeks earlier?
It is indeed the Tamiami/ main campus. And yes, I was the one looking for people in the Miramar area. Some of my buddies and I just had a big Smash session this past Sunday but it was in the south Miami area. In the next few weeks we probably will be doing another similar event. Also, I must apologize for not helping you much with your convention but I've been quite busy the past few month.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
(lmao Tong. >.<)

FIU is on SW 8th St. and SW 107th Ave. Here's some directions straight from my school's website since I'm way to tired to think...
I dont see a link there, but FIU is really easy to get to. There is an exit to it from the Turnpike.

Im gonna see about making it to some of these...prolly next week during my break between work and going back to school =D.

Edit: Since Adobe Acrobat is a piece of junk and refuses to load the FIU campus map, could you tell me where the Graham Center is?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Ok I'm probally going to come check this out on Thur.
Very good.

(lmao Tong. >.<)

I dont see a link there, but FIU is really easy to get to. There is an exit to it from the Turnpike.

Im gonna see about making it to some of these...prolly next week during my break between work and going back to school =D.

Edit: Since Adobe Acrobat is a piece of junk and refuses to load the FIU campus map, could you tell me where the Graham Center is?
Well, I could tell you but do you any of the campus' buildings? Or should I tell you starting from the main entrance?

Hehehe. Sorry about the link... I was in a hurry when I was creating this thread. Here it is: http://www.fiu.edu/docs/campus_maps-up.htm As Metroid_01 said, FIU is really easy to get to. The turnpike exit not only is night next to FIU but it even says FIU on the sign.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Well, I could tell you but do you any of the campus' buildings? Or should I tell you starting from the main entrance?
I dont really know my way around at all. Ive been a few times to hang out with friends, but not enough that I know where anything is :p. So, from the northern entrance would be best. (Ill be coming from South Miami via Turnpike).

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I dont really know my way around at all. Ive been a few times to hang out with friends, but not enough that I know where anything is :p. So, from the northern entrance would be best. (Ill be coming from South Miami via Turnpike).
From that entrance (which should be 112th ave), take the first left and go straight until you see a small lake on your left. From the lake, take a left and a large parking lot should be on your right side. That it the Graham Center's parking lot. You should be able to see a bus stop, a parking garage, and the Graham Center's bookstore entrance.

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
I was going to come today. But, I map quested it and realized that this campus is like 25 miles from my house. Ouch. I must have gotten it confused w/ another campus. I'll probably come to one of these but I have to plan ahead lol.

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
I heard from on my friends that hes the best one there he's nickname is ONI he played Link and Gannon and he said besides him theres a doc. thats pritty decent, besides that he said the rest werent really good. Is that true?

Nova485

Smash Rookie
I heard from on my friends that hes the best one there he's nickname is ONI he played Link and Gannon and he said besides him theres a doc. thats pritty decent, besides that he said the rest werent really good. Is that true?
Well ONI is a good player but there are many other good players, you should come and test your skills vs us and see how you do. Just recently Maverick came by and played with us. We became friends with him and now he will be hanging around the place more often, when I get back home Monday or Tuesday I will upload videos of ONI, Dan, Chaz and Shin vs Mav.

Top Bottom