• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Votecount 4.2

2. UtopianPoyzin: Z25
4. Z25
6. Pythag
8. Kary: UtopianPoyzin

Not Voting
Pythag, Kary;

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 4 players, it takes 3 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 3 is April 8th, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Your reactions have me back on your train.if I’m wrong I’m wrong, but I’m fine with this:

Vote: UP
What about my reactions? That I'm clearly pissed with your refusal to answer any of my questions so that you don't have to reconsider your position? I'm sorry that you play with your heart more than with your mind, but it's downright aggravating to not at all try to answer my perfectly valid questions from you. Your argument relies on "I don't like it", but not why I'm scum. And the things that you say are scummy just so happen to be wrong.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
In my opinion, the third worst thing to happen in a mafia game is to get lynched as scum with weakass reasoning. The second worst thing to happen is to be mislynched as town with weakass reasoning. The worst thing to happen is to get mislynched as town with weakass reasoning in -Lo. Pythag Pythag at least read #842-854 i swear to god

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Votecount Final 4

2. UtopianPoyzin: Z25, Kary, pythag
4. Z25
6. Pythag
8. Kary: UtopianPoyzin

Not Voting
No one

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
UtopianPoyzin has been lynched. Ranmaru will post flip in the next post.

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 4 players, it takes 3 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 3 is April 8th, at 11:59 PM EST.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UtopianPoyzin was lynched! He was a vanilla townie.

It is now Night 5. Deadline for actions is April 5th, at 11:59PM EST.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Z25 was nightkilled! He was a vanilla townie.

Kary was endgamed! He was a
Town Bulletproof.

Pythag,
Mafia Mailman, and Pokechu, Mafia Rolecop, win the game!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will give scum team at least 24 hours to edit their PT before inviting everyone to it.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's now post game. I'll give my thoughts on the whole cast later.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want everyone to also know, that Bessie has replaced out due to health related reasons, and we spoke while this was going on. She wants everyone to know that, she wished she could have stayed, and wants us all to know that she didn't want us to feel like she was deserting us. She is in a serious condition.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I want everyone to also know, that Bessie has replaced out due to health related reasons, and we spoke while this was going on. She wants everyone to know that, she wished she could have stayed, and wants us all to know that she didn't want us to feel like she was deserting us. She is in a serious condition.
That’s a shame to hear, but their health is more important. Hope you get better soon bessie bessie

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But also what the hell is a mafia mailman?

But damn Pythag outplayed us all. I didn’t expect Chu to constantly push their buddy towards a lynch. At least I know I was right about kary. Sorry for the end there UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin but I guess we both got played gg.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mafia Mailman can send an anonymous message to any player. Just invited y'all to the spectator chat.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm glad at least that I didn't have to wait three days for the resolution. I normally prefer long phases but 72+ hours for a Night was kinda ridiculous imo

That aside the modding was excellent and I like the setup, kudos ranmaru ranmaru Xivii Xivii

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
i dont know to what extent to cuss out poyzin so im just gonna leave it for now

my personal MVPs are Pokechu, z25 and Raxxel

get well soon bessie bessie and stay safe everyone
:secretkpop:

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The 72+ was a mistake because I forgot about the 31st. Sorry about that.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Sabrar Sabrar Apologies for the pings! But I actually do have a question!!

I recall Sabrar coming in with a list of observations that he made, without reading his alignment. Kary said this was anti-town and Sabrar to my surprise agreed with it! But I never understood why. Isn't it actually really really helpful? Like, it's like getting an outsider's point of view almost.

I know when I played the Championships game, I was reading the thread for the first time, and I genuinely forgot I was scum. But this one dude was really like raising my eyebrow with all of his posts and just had a lot of red flags. But then I remembered I had a scum chat and I saw him there and I wasn't surprised LMAO

Like that's kind of how I see it, Sabrar's observations. Almost like an "objective" list of observations because it comes from someone who's neither town or scum. If someone outside of the game managed to think that "oh player X is definitely suspicious" then it can help the town players who were already scumreadng them, right? That's why I think it's super helpful. But what's anti-town about it, if you two don't mind explaining?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Sabrar Sabrar Apologies for the pings! But I actually do have a question!!

I recall Sabrar coming in with a list of observations that he made, without reading his alignment. Kary said this was anti-town and Sabrar to my surprise agreed with it! But I never understood why. Isn't it actually really really helpful? Like, it's like getting an outsider's point of view almost.

I know when I played the Championships game, I was reading the thread for the first time, and I genuinely forgot I was scum. But this one dude was really like raising my eyebrow with all of his posts and just had a lot of red flags. But then I remembered I had a scum chat and I saw him there and I wasn't surprised LMAO

Like that's kind of how I see it, Sabrar's observations. Almost like an "objective" list of observations because it comes from someone who's neither town or scum. If someone outside of the game managed to think that "oh player X is definitely suspicious" then it can help the town players who were already scumreadng them, right? That's why I think it's super helpful. But what's anti-town about it, if you two don't mind explaining?
only scum are supposed to hide their alignment. town are meant to show it.

I basically explained it at the time anyways. it denies other players information about your own role.

it's also close to breaking a fundamental rule of the game- that everyone knows their own alignment.

Last edited:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
only scum are supposed to hide their alignment. town are meant to show it.

I basically explained it at the time anyways. it denies other players information about your own role.

it's also close to breaking a fundamental rule of the game- that everyone knows their own alignment.
I made the reads without knowing my alignment because mod hasn't sent me the role PM yet and I had time to review the game.
After I knew my role I consciously decided to post everything as it was. This is the important part, I made the choice to post my content knowing that it aligns with my alignment.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I made the reads without knowing my alignment because mod hasn't sent me the role PM yet and I had time to review the game.
After I knew my role I consciously decided to post everything as it was. This is the important part, I made the choice to post my content knowing that it aligns with my alignment.
I don't care about it especially, it's just that Pokechu asked. I only made an issue of it at the time because I wanted to see how you would react.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
so UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin did you learn anything from this game

This game reminds me of an older game where i'm in mylo and gheb insisted I could be scum with glyph even though we literally could have won the game already if we were the scumteam. I got fed up and voted for him, he flipped town.

So I guess I either didn't learn my lesson then, or I just wasn't smart enough to recall it in this situation.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am still working on a player list thought process. For now, I do think that both factions were close, but not doing too well in either direction. Easy for me to comment on is the beginning and end for now. The beginning was very sluggish, and was more of RQS than RVS. There should have been a progression to competing wagons, but that never happened. In the end, y'all rushed on UP with over confidence, when y'all should have played it more methodically. Overall I think everyone can improve from this. It'll take me some time as I'm re-reading the game to give you what my thoughts were as the game progressed.

I highly encourage y'all to give shout outs to each other, especially before the next game. It's always good to get those out.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks Ran and Xivii for hosting and modding the game. It was super organized!

UP - sorry I did you dirty like that, being mafia makes me feel like I'm being mean to people. I'm super glad you didn't roll scum again though!
Gary - I feel like this was 'turbo town' Kary. I've never seen you so stinking confident. always fun to play with you.
Pokechu - now you know what it's like to be a trash man for carrying my garbage self all the way to the finish line. Congrats on living your best life and bringing tons of chaos to this game
Rax - it was a lucky break that we got you at the beginning. I know you would've absolutely thrown a wrench in our plan!
z25 - what a battle! I feel like this was some super classic Z25 arguing going on. you really held your own against pokechu!
GLG - I still have no idea how you play, but play more please!
Bessie - feel better soon!
Sabrar - thanks for subbing in, you the real mvp. It's always interesting to see different styles of play.
Maven - jk, YOU'RE the real mvp.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
so UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin did you learn anything from this game

This game reminds me of an older game where i'm in mylo and gheb insisted I could be scum with glyph even though we literally could have won the game already if we were the scumteam. I got fed up and voted for him, he flipped town.

So I guess I either didn't learn my lesson then, or I just wasn't smart enough to recall it in this situation.
Yup, I sure did. I shouldn't have pushed as hard against GLG because they were inactive for basically all of D2, and I wrote Pythag off as probably not scum. I figured that Pythag wasn't capable of deceiving me, but you very much were. WIFOM got to my head. (Why, was there something I was supposed to say here? :p)

I'll probably scumread you again though in a future game though. You kept telling me that I was wrong, but not how I was wrong. Mafia can do the exact same thing. I was also provoked by your Pokechu/Poyzin scumteam theory on D3 despite me stating exactly how that wasn't the case.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yup, I sure did. I shouldn't have pushed as hard against GLG because they were inactive for basically all of D2, and I wrote Pythag off as probably not scum. I figured that Pythag wasn't capable of deceiving me, but you very much were. WIFOM got to my head. (Why, was there something I was supposed to say here? :p)

I'll probably scumread you again though in a future game though. You kept telling me that I was wrong, but not how I was wrong. Mafia can do the exact same thing. I was also provoked by your Pokechu/Poyzin scumteam theory on D3 despite me stating exactly how that wasn't the case.
I feel like it would help if you said "hmm that was bad of me to tunnel on Kary even after he claimed bulletproof, sorry town"

But if you want to go with "I'd do it again!" then more power to you.

I guess it's not worth talking to you lmao

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As I said based on Pokechu’s flip it was obvious Kary was town more then anything else even if that chance was still there.

It confirmed two scum prs and two town prs. I’m not sure if anyone else picked up on this but again that’s where my logic came to for the final day

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I feel like it would help if you said "hmm that was bad of me to tunnel on Kary even after he claimed bulletproof, sorry town"

But if you want to go with "I'd do it again!" then more power to you.

I guess it's not worth talking to you lmao
That wasn't it at all. Bulletproof would be a fantastic fakeclaim for scum because it explains why they would never be nightkilled, and I didn't believe you.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
As I said based on Pokechu’s flip it was obvious Kary was town more then anything else even if that chance was still there.

It confirmed two scum prs and two town prs. I’m not sure if anyone else picked up on this but again that’s where my logic came to for the final day
There was no way of knowing how many PRs there were. There wasn't any indication that scum had a second PR for me, so 1 and 1 made the most sense. Mail wasn't even brought up in the game, and Pythag claimed vt iirc.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was no way of knowing how many PRs there were. There wasn't any indication that scum had a second PR for me, so 1 and 1 made the most sense. Mail wasn't even brought up in the game, and Pythag claimed vt iirc.
Its easy to think that way and I agree that’s fair. But we had a small numbers game, scum was always likely to claim something like vanilla townie in my eye because they can get away with it given the numbers, and Ran knows good balance so 2 on 2 made sense to me in terms of prs.

I was skeptical of the BP claim for what you just said, but again no one claimed another pr and I don’t see scum Kary foregoing a kill just to look good when they already were a top town read.

That cockiness in the end definitely has me skeptical of my choice but I could also kinda be ok with it as most of the HBC users act that same way

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone, sorry for taking so long to post my shoutouts! I was so sad that I had to suddenly drop out of the game; the message I sent Ran was something like “I need a replacement, I’m in the hospital for at least a couple weeks.” Anyway, as you all know by now I’m bessie from xkcd. I never introduced myself because I wanted to see who would ask me about myself, and then was immediately suspicious of UtopianPoyzin for not doing so (after he researched ZestOfLife’s meta). Which IIRC was also noticed by Sabrar.

Pokechu, I’m disappointed I didn’t get a chance to reply to #448, I didn’t get to interact with you nearly enough!

Kary, it was way too fun and way too short. I feel that you and I have a promising future of scumhunting together, and I hope to play with you again soon.

Sabrar, the other half of my puppy brain, I’m relieved that you were available, as you are the ideal person to replace me. I think you were able to deduce my thoughts from my content.

Pythag, good game, I just knew it was you! If only I had a little longer to figure it out…

Everyone else, thank you for making me feel so welcome, I’m sorry I didn’t get to know all of you well enough to make individual shoutouts, yet. Just wait until next time.

Ranmaru and Xivii, thanks for modding, and for inviting me. I think I can stick around here for a while.

Top Bottom