• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia II: Gave over. Who won?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
When Soup had done less than me and people are calling him town something is wrong here.

Why are we trying to lynch Ryker?

Soup needs to die ASAP.

Vult is town.

Mac help me out here.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Vote Xivii is my current read on his slot.

#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac I am going to make one attempt to convince you before I move on with my life and talk to other slots. Also, if you read this, I promise I won't ever make another post this big again.

This is everything concerning Zen's Soup read on a ride backwards through the thread.

weird.... this post wasn't here last night

You like Soup, right? Iirc because he made some observations that you like? Is there anything else
Ignored. Completely ignored.

Zen, a few questions:

Why Ryu now?
Has your Soup read changed in light of two flips and what specifically in his posts read true to you?
What is your read on Maven moving forward?
Redirected. He wants to hear MY answer first.

I got it. Thank you.

Zen I'm reading Soup more closely but seriously this guy's spat with Bardull is null and he made some okay observations (first to not townread me; pointed out awkward Maven/Gheb interaction) but I feel like those observations have been null too. He talked about meta a bit (re: #274), null.

i'm not really sure if you were hoping or expecting for me to find about him. re-reading him has really made me more aware that he hasn't been present. i don't even remember if you like him at this point; i do remember you changed your mind and it looks like you liked some of his observations.
Ignored again.

I've asked you many times now to thoroughly look at soups posts, but you've continuously ignored me. Saying he hasn't done anything isn't actually looking at the posts he's made to discern his alignment.

I think we could all use a break though. If you don't want to lynch Ryu, vote Gheb with me.
This is in reply to Vult making comments about Soup not doing anything. It's vague and you see the result above, but Zen ignores it. What we're looking for is where Zen comes out and explains what Soup did originally in his limited posts to leave Zen with such a strong town read for the remainder of the game.

I honestly didn't understand your pov on this until this post. I really don't see how interpreted that from that line. For real though what is your deal with soup. Why is he scum now to you all the sudden? You've not analyzed his posts one bit. What is your current take on Ryu. Is he still scum to you? Would you lynch him over Gheb?
Once more, no specifics but alludes to Soup's early posts being obv town.

I really, really would have liked for you to look at soup deeper.
He does later. And it gets ignored. Still no specific defense of his Soup read.

mac's reasoning/reads aren't good

soup hasn't scumhunted
This was in the middle of a conversation with Zen. No answer.

my concern with isn't that you haven't pushed anyone hard... more like you haven't pushed anyone.... period

the same actually applies to Soup (just finished re-reading). actually i think it applied to him moreso.

Can anyone name a single lead Soup pursued this game? All I see is him answering questions but never really asking any.

It doesn't even look like he's cast a vote yet
This is responded to with this:

Unless you think I'm scum, it doesn't matter right now. Lynch him with me.
Redirected.

soup is currently a slight town read. Yes, quit the reversal from earlier. I really like his string of posts earlier, especially his #196 and #197. He bringing up original, sensible points here which really make me feel like he is genuinely looking at things critically. He is openly willing to question Vult, someone who everyone has as an obvtown read, which I feel scum would be hesitant to do.
This is it, ladies and gentlemen. A throwback from page 7 that hasn't changed since then despite the fact that Soup posted a small spree of 4ish posts once and made two isolated posts (including the hammer) near deadline and that is IT.

Zen spent more than half the game sitting on this read when it has been challenged repeatedly. Rather than come back and sit on strong points that lead him to this read (which he doesn't have), he continues to urge Vult to reread the game and ignores the conclusion it lead him to when it wasn't convenient.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
repeatedly. Rather than come back and sit on strong points that lead him to this read (which he doesn't have), he continues to urge Vult to reread the game and ignores the conclusion it lead him to when it wasn't convenient.
I... I think I love you.

Just when I was beginning to doubt you too. I'm so impressed

vote: Xivii/Zen

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
also so someone* doesn't accuse me of being wagon happy or w/e, I realized Zen was up to no good last night because of this interaction.

You like Soup, right? Iirc because he made some observations that you like? Is there anything else
Mac was pretty adamant about it up until the very end. I'm finding difficulty believing you spaced on this. Is Mac no longer one of your top suspects?
What happened that changed your read on Ryu yesterday, out of curiousity. At what point did it change exactly.

Summary
Me: Soup is scum lurking let's get him.
Zen: B-but.... you didn't like Macman before, riiiiight? And Ryu too!! Yeah look how scummy Ryu is. Remember?? Why don't you want to kill them anymore???

*this shade is for Maven

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
also I'm 95% sure I can explain the Bardull kill but talking about it might help scum or expose the masons so eeeeh

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker why lynch Zen over Soup first?
Zen's solid enough to be playing Soup. Could be trying to set Soup up if he ever took a fall, but it could just be the scum team. In general, Zen is the one who's done more to be worried about. He was the driving force on a town mislynch. His Soup read, as outlined above, is awful and he refuses to analyze or defend it. His play today looks like stretching for a win.

Soup is just mostly inactive, hammered a townie, and hasn't been scumhunting (if you look at his posts they are more sidelining than me. He just sort of analyzes what's going on and doesn't even vote for most of day 1).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Current reads list:

Ryker - Town.
Ruy - Town.
Vult - Town.
Zen - Scum.
Mac - Town if Zen is scum.
Maven - Safety net lynch.
Soup - Scum.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii is his scummate whiteknighting him.
If there's anyone I've whiteknighted, it's you. I would white knight my scum buddy as scum, but on a much stronger level. I hard town read my scumbuddies throughout the game. I'd never waver on them /selfmeta.
How is any of this a good reason to kill him?

He easily could have been a mislynch on this alone.
Right. That's why I said he was the best possible kill for us and scum made a tactical error.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
EBOWP:

Xivii is his scummate whiteknighting him.
If there's anyone I've whiteknighted, it's you. I would white knight my scum buddy as scum, but on a much stronger level. I hard town read my scumbuddies throughout the game. I'd never waver on them /selfmeta.
How is any of this a good reason to kill him?

He easily could have been a mislynch on this alone.
Right. That's why I said he was the best possible kill for us and scum made a tactical error.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Re: Ryker. I've actually been the only one I believe to seriously take a look at soup throughout the game. I tried multiple times to make a push on him, but no one would join me. I asked my strongest town read to analyze him multiple times so the hive could get a better read on him. I think it's apparent that you were trying to set me up with your questions.

Elaboration of soup tr: Of you four, he is the one I get town vibes from, but it is not strong. It's based off of little cues like his post against lynching Gheb. It reminds me so much of us hydraing, me being gun-ho and stringing soup a long for the mislynch, despite his resistance to it. I got the vibe that he was reliving that trauma lol.

Ryker you've made your case, I've made my defense. I have no intention of responding to you further. I've been through this experience before and know that you intend to clutter the thread and manipulate the perception of my actions.

--

I've been Ryu's strongest town read this game, and he is suddenly reversing as soon as I light a fire under his arse. Of the posts near the end of day, I feel like his and Maven's came off as the most ingenuine. Ryu's coming in to make sure there was a hammer, came off to me as uncharacteristically thirsty. Even still I have doubt of the read, because there is still Maven. In my mind it is 50/50 until we have a Mason among the group of four.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Two things

1.) I wasn't setting you up. I was trying to see if a pair of flips and a hammer would incite a change.

2.) Like hell on that hive mind bull. You flat ignored the response to your urgings.

I am not looking to trade long time responses with you either.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Re: Ryker. I've actually been the only one I believe to seriously take a look at soup throughout the game. I tried multiple times to make a push on him, but no one would join me. I asked my strongest town read to analyze him multiple times so the hive could get a better read on him. I think it's apparent that you were trying to set me up with your questions.

Elaboration of soup tr: Of you four, he is the one I get town vibes from, but it is not strong. It's based off of little cues like his post against lynching Gheb. It reminds me so much of us hydraing, me being gun-ho and stringing soup a long for the mislynch, despite his resistance to it. I got the vibe that he was reliving that trauma lol.

Ryker you've made your case, I've made my defense. I have no intention of responding to you further. I've been through this experience before and know that you intend to clutter the thread and manipulate the perception of my actions.

--

I've been Ryu's strongest town read this game, and he is suddenly reversing as soon as I light a fire under his arse. Of the posts near the end of day, I feel like his and Maven's came off as the most ingenuine. Ryu's coming in to make sure there was a hammer, came off to me as uncharacteristically thirsty. Even still I have doubt of the read, because there is still Maven. In my mind it is 50/50 until we have a Mason among the group of four.
Actually Vult has been my strongest town read this game but w/e.

I turned on you due to your soup defense and read along with Bardull dying and flipping town.

I'd rather lynch soup right now because he hasn't done anything and has zero interest in progressing his reads.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

I turned on you due to your soup defense and read along with Bardull dying and flipping town.

I'd rather lynch soup right now because he hasn't done anything and has zero interest in progressing his reads.
Why would Bardull flipping town mean anything? Night kills are always a matter of WIFOM, at least until a player starts to use it to push someone, a la yourself. You killed Bardull to try and frame me? haha dope.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

btw I don't think I've ever defended soup. I'm pretty sure that line to Mac was the only mention of my tr of him today, and I only stated that to satisfy Mac's inquiry. I do think he's town, but I'm not super set on it to the point that I would white knight him.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Current reads list:

Ryker - Town.
Ruy - Town.
Vult - Town.
Zen - Scum.
Mac - Town if Zen is scum.
Maven - Safety net lynch.
Soup - Scum.
why am i town only if Zen flips scum.

Why is Ruy town, weren't you supporting his lynch yesterday?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
When Soup had done less than me and people are calling him town something is wrong here.

Why are we trying to lynch Ryker?

Soup needs to die ASAP.

Vult is town.

Mac help me out here.
do you have an explicit Ryker town read or is he just town because he's not a scum read of yours?

would you be down to lynch Zen toDay?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 2.2

Red Ryu
Macman
Ryker:
Macman, Xivii
Maven
Xivii:
Ryker, Vult Redux
Soup: Ryu
Vult Redux

Not voting:
Maven, Soup

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is October 1st, at 11:59 PM

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
is anyone against asking Zen to claim? Mac isn't being very clear but it seems he's at least entertaining the wagon and we do only need 4 votes... Mac, me, Ryu, Ryker. I'd agree that Maven is the scum alternate but iirc he also didn't like Zen D1 so I wouldn't mind if he voted with us. Ryu said why he's voting Soup but obviously he's interested in lynching Zen too.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
i mean we could ask Soup to claim too i guess. tho we'd have to wait for him to confer with Zen in their qt about their claim strategy and he's not online much in the first place lmao

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ruy and Vult I added you on Wii U/Smash.

I honestly don't know where soup is. His last message in the qt was 3 days ago.

Maven89

Smash Master
Something I want to address before I start

For someone who thought it was the worst push in the game you certainly didn't try hard to stop it.
???

I was the only person to actively try and stop it. To say I didn't do much to stop the Gheb push is ridiculous, it's been the main thing I've discussed.

It shouldn't be as a surprise to you guys that I'm down for lynching Zen, I was down for lynching him yesterday and Gheb's flip only solidifies my read on him. I'd possibly be down to lynch Vult as well, he's already jumped twice since the day started.

also so someone* doesn't accuse me of being wagon happy or w/e, I realized Zen was up to no good last night because of this interaction.
Then why did you come into the day pushing me? You literally came into the thread pushing me, pointing out my vote for Xivii, then turn around and say it's Soup/Xivii and you knew it was Xivii since yesterday? Explain these things

On Soup: I'm going to be honest here, I don't think I've read a single Soup post all the way through the entire game. I read the guy scum in every game I've ever been with him, he annoys me, and the last time I went for him I went way out of line and threw a bunch of personal attacks at the guy. In fact I think I've personally insulted him every game we've ever played together. I don't play well with Soup. It's my fault, but for the sake of the game I've been relying entirely on other people for Soup and generally have just ignored the guy. If someone could summon up all the Soup arguments for me I'd really, really appreciate it, because I don't want to have to read his crap. But since I'm apparently caught up just fine without reading it probably tells me enough about those posts.

I'm down to vote for Xivii and Vult and possibly Soup based on arguments, but I want people to explain their town reads on Vult right now. His reason for pushing Gheb was excessively gross as is his flip flopping. At the same time I'm still down for Xivii and I'd be really shocked if Vult would attempt to bus his partner so hard so quickly on Day 2, hence why I'm still pushing Xivii.

Xivii it's still because of his gross Gheb push and his push for people to claim Mason right at the start of day 2, plus Ryker's points about his Soup push.

Ryker has gone up a few notches due to his Xivii push, which puts him into null-town for me. I still feel he's smarter then the Gheb push would show so I'm still cautious over his support of it.

Ryu needs to explain his Vult town read. Is the only reason you're scumreading Xivii because of his defense of Soup?

Mac I want more from but right now I don't have a problem with him, he's a possible wildcard depending on flips but he should live for now.

Vult explain where your read on me went please?

Xivii please explain why you think anyone should be town reading you?

I think the Gheb push was bad but it's given us a lot of information, we're in a pretty good spot and can easily salvage this if we do well today.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
[9/26/2016 1:11:27 PM] ignantnoob: bro we're ****ed
[9/26/2016 1:11:42 PM] ignantnoob: Ryker's on to us
[9/26/2016 1:11:49 PM] ignantnoob: ...and Ruy
[9/26/2016 2:38:12 PM] ignantnoob: ****
[9/26/2016 6:12:15 PM] ignantnoob: broooooooooooo
[9/26/2016 6:15:41 PM] ignantnoob: where are you when I need you >______<
[9/26/2016 8:54:13 PM] ignantnoob: aaaand it looks like Vult is serious. sigh

Top Bottom