• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia II: Gave over. Who won?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You guys are truly something else ...

Go town, I guess? But please, in the right direction this time.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Bardull, vanilla townie, was killed night 1.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is October 1st, at 11:59PM EST.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 2.0

Red Ryu
Macman
Ryker
Maven
Xivii
Soup
Vult Redux

Not voting:
N/A

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is October 1st, at 11:59 PM

Last edited:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
mac did you have any outstanding questions @ me that i forgot about?

where's Soup on your lynch list?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
On hindsight and clearer head, it is apparent that Red Ryu would have been the best lynch yesterday. My apologies soup and the version of Vult that scum read Ryu.

I do believe scum has made a tactical error. Unless there is something deeper going on here, Bardull was the best possible night kill for us.

Macman, to answer your question from the end of the day: I liked Ryker's defense against your points and that he made an effort to participate. After some meditation, I see I have no reason to have him as town. I currently have him as null.

Vult, soup, Ryker. I'd personally like to lynch Ruy sooner rather than later. Will you join this endeavor?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wait i thought we squashed this
what... why would that be the case.

Macman, to answer your question from the end of the day: I liked Ryker's defense against your points and that he made an effort to participate. After some meditation, I see I have no reason to have him as town. I currently have him as null.
what were his points and what did you like about them

what does anyone like about ryker i literally don't understand

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
i'm guessing you thought his counterpoints were no good?

if i were to reread him, what would you want me to focus on? fmpov your game has been characterized by hard tunneling. what are you seeing that I'm not?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I still feel this Gheb push is one of the worst pushes I've ever seen and can't comprehend how it's working
i just did a little reading and you said this 1 hour before deadline while your vote was on Zen, whom no one else was voting and whom (iirc only one or two other people expressed interest in voting).

not to mention you contributed nothing to the scramble. you said at 8:30 (reference) that you are for lynching Ryu. Then you vanished until 11:00PM to post the above quotation and also ask Ryker for clarification on his Zen/Vult reads.

For someone who thought it was the worst push in the game you certainly didn't try hard to stop it.

I compare you to Mac, whom I've also generally disagreed with. he at least was pushing an alternative target and was working hard for it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

The color post. Do you really want me to summarize? If so is it for the sake of your read on me or to the idea that talking about Ryker will hopefully bring me to the conclusion that he's scum?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The color post. Do you really want me to summarize? If so is it for the sake of your read on me or to the idea that talking about Ryker will hopefully bring me to the conclusion that he's scum?
sake of my read on you

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Zen, a few questions:

Why Ryu now?
Has your Soup read changed in light of two flips and what specifically in his posts read true to you?
What is your read on Maven moving forward?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
On hindsight and clearer head, it is apparent that Red Ryu would have been the best lynch yesterday. My apologies soup and the version of Vult that scum read Ryu.

I do believe scum has made a tactical error. Unless there is something deeper going on here, Bardull was the best possible night kill for us.

Vult, soup, Ryker. I'd personally like to lynch Ruy sooner rather than later. Will you join this endeavor?
weird.... this post wasn't here last night

You like Soup, right? Iirc because he made some observations that you like? Is there anything else

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm not sure i'm comfortable with a Ryu wagon because Ryu and I match almost perfectly in reads iirc. At least toward the end of D1 we did. Also iirc my problem with Ryu applied doubly so to Soup

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
this is my obligatory post whining about how Soup hasn't done anything (except deadline hammer I guess, which is imo null with a VT flip)

i won't be here much today. in fact my activity will be generally a little slower this week because I have an assignment coming up that I'm behind on yikes

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 2.1

Red Ryu
Macman
Ryker:
Macman, Xivii
Maven: Vult Redux
Xivii
Soup
Vult Redux

Not voting:
Red Ryu, Ryker, Maven, Soup

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is October 1st, at 11:59 PM

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

I have him as null. I am reconsidering it though. I'll admit that I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, because of irl business. I liked that he was making an effort to stay caught up and expressed his opinion on things freely when he came into the thread. I completely agree with you that his thoughts do not have any direction of their own and have come off as opportunistic. These actions are scummy. My problem has been whether or not outside-of-game factors should be consider when evaluating them. My answer to that throughout D1 was yes. Thinking it over today though, I coming to think that answer should be no. I'd like to see how is play is today however before committing to a read.

i'm guessing you thought his counterpoints were no good?
Mac was pretty adamant about it up until the very end. I'm finding difficulty believing you spaced on this. Is Mac no longer one of your top suspects?

Zen, a few questions:

Why Ryu now?
Has your Soup read changed in light of two flips and what specifically in his posts read true to you?
What is your read on Maven moving forward?
I'm not sure what you mean exactly by the first question. As for the other two questions, would you mind answering them first. I think since I've been a primary contributor so far, it will be more fruitful to have your views on things before tainted with my own.

I'm not sure i'm comfortable with a Ryu wagon because Ryu and I match almost perfectly in reads iirc. At least toward the end of D1 we did. Also iirc my problem with Ryu applied doubly so to Soup
What happened that changed your read on Ryu yesterday, out of curiousity. At what point did it change exactly.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Mac was pretty adamant about it up until the very end. I'm finding difficulty believing you spaced on this. Is Mac no longer one of your top suspects?
uuuuuuh i was making fun of him when i said 'I thought we squashed this' because i'm a jerk

tho i don't remember his counterpoints to Ryker's counterpoints and I was hoping he would rephrase so I could review how he's looking at that slot.

What happened that changed your read on Ryu yesterday, out of curiousity. At what point did it change exactly.
he's just lower priority than Soup and Maven. After I understood Soup's slot I hated him, and Maven made himself look bad end of D1. I guess technically my Ryu read stayed about the same, except as aforementioned he won some points for me end of D1 (very minor, almost negligible).

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
oops i forgot to actually answer your question lol. My Mac read is up in the air until he gives me more to work with. Was previously negative but I'm looking at a possible Soup/Maven team now so i need to reconsider

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gotcha.

As far as the reactionary aspect goes, I was just goading Bardull into a response. I think I mentioned it before but I might as well do it now. Clearly he took the bait but I didn't really get too much out of it aside from that I expected him to blow up more. I suppose I took the whole 'exaggerate your reads' from my old No Lynch partner eh?
Mac, what do you make is this post. The last line.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You should have a strong town read on us. I'd really like to have the game over by October if we can, because I'm going away then. It just occurred to me that if the three of us lock arms, it is achievable. From my perspective, none of the scum is active enough to evade being lynched today. In this size of a game, scum simply cannot win with the coast strategy if there are at least 3 or 4 active townies. In this game, we have the three of us, plus at least one Mason.

Macman
Xivii
Vult Redux

Red Ryu
Ryker
Maven
Soup

Let's assume there is one Mason in the first group and one in the other. Our lynch pool is restricted to three and it's auto win since we have one more mislynch. And if both Masons are in the second group, we can probably just end this now.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Haven't been too motivated to post/articulate thoughts. I'll try to find the motivation again soon.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
You should have a strong town read on us. I'd really like to have the game over by October if we can, because I'm going away then. It just occurred to me that if the three of us lock arms, it is achievable. From my perspective, none of the scum is active enough to evade being lynched today. In this size of a game, scum simply cannot win with the coast strategy if there are at least 3 or 4 active townies. In this game, we have the three of us, plus at least one Mason.

Macman
Xivii
Vult Redux

Red Ryu
Ryker
Maven
Soup

Let's assume there is one Mason in the first group and one in the other. Our lynch pool is restricted to three and it's auto win since we have one more mislynch. And if both Masons are in the second group, we can probably just end this now.
wait so why was bardull the best possible nkill?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
One Mason should claim, in this order:

Ryker
Maven
Red Ryu
Soup

ie in Ryker's next post he should say Mason or Not Mason. If Ryker is Not Mason, then next, Maven should say Mason or Not Mason.

Top Bottom