• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia II: Gave over. Who won?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
i like his infamous post a lot more when it's framed as adding pressure to get other players to react to the wagon

it's like... i would do that lmao

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
To elaborate, I dislike the aversion to referring to me directly. It's as if he was trying to remain distant to getting involved while at the same time poisoning the waters by playing off of the recently stated dislike of my vote.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Furthermore the post you quoted:
Which is why I specifically asked people to hammer him?

So on the one hand I'm scum because I asked people the drop the hammer.
But I'm also his scumbuddy because I supposedly came to his "rescue"?

So which one is it?

:059:
and #121 (the following quote) are completely contradictory. He is simultaneously trying to appease your Bardull-Gheb suspicion by pointing out his willingness for a Bardull hammer, while at the same time attempting to play it off as a joke to appease everyone else.

Unvote Vote Red Ryu

Bardull's not a play toDay. Not sure why anybody'd put him at L-1.

He did both of these in a single line in his response to Ryker.
You totally had the chance to hammer Bardull though! Now that would've been meaty.

Maven89

Smash Master
Zen I dont know why you're saying Ghebs comment is a joke, it didn't come off as one and he's since claimed it was serious. Your push on him is based on contradictions that don't exist.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen I dont know why you're saying Ghebs comment is a joke, it didn't come off as one and he's since claimed it was serious. Your push on him is based on contradictions that don't exist.
It's even more of a contradiction than I thought if you haven't realized by now that it wasn't serious (according to him). I clearly told you it wasn't serious in #133.

Maven89

Smash Master
Zen....

His #121 does not say "haha", I have no idea why you're claiming it does when you yourself quoted it

Vult asked
did you not say you were willing to drop the hammer on him. :V :V :V :V :V
Gheb's #133 replied with

Because he didn't say he was willing to drop the hammer. He asked others to drop the hammer. Hence the cat face, he was being playful. Here's his post again

At this point I honestly just hope that either @#HBC | Ryker or Maven89 Maven89 show up and drop a quick hammah on Bardull. That'd be like 10x more helpful than all this pointless brabbling.

Notice he said "honestly"

Then after this Gheb says

I still think just hammering Bardull would've been worth the risk though apparently I'm the only one who thinks so [and supposedly I tried to "rescue" him and am his scmmbuddy nor or something].
So please list your evidence that it was a joke because you seem to be really grasping at straws to claim it was.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How is "I think hammering bardull would'be been worth the risk" and "Bardull not the play toDay. Not sure why anybody'd put him at L-1." not contradicting...

Maven89

Smash Master
How is "I think hammering bardull would'be been worth the risk" and "Bardull not the play toDay. Not sure why anybody'd put him at L-1." not contradicting...
Because one is talking about what he'd like to see happen and the other is talking about what he thinks will happen

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ranmaru ranmaru Request deadline extension.

At least a day so I can read the thread. And since I'm town I'll actually want to

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
This is why I don't like trying to read you. At what point in the game so far have I displayed stroking my own ego? I don't think I've played a game with you in years, but can you see why I wouldn't want to read a slot that describes me that way?
Nah not really

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Assuming Bardull isn't scum, what are your reads?
I'm not really assuming it anymore, maybe that's me backing down cause of majority opinion but that has to be evident when three or different slots are telling you he's not the play. Bardull is those type of players where the line between disliking how they playa and how they act is really skewed to me. His type of behavior to me seemed like he was making mountains out of molehills, maybe all of these huge explanations that was really surprising in my eyes, especially for how little content there was when he made it. Not trying to reaffirm myself but I do know when to back down and reconsider, this being one of them.

#HBC | ѕoup

What are you basing those comments about Bardull's playstyle off of? He's been pretty proactive this game. What does that say?
Proactive? That's not really how I read it and hopefully my response to Zen clears that up better. It's a tad unnerving for people to believe that I was being nit-picky but I digress.

For some reason I decided mafia at 4 am was a good idea.

#HBC | ѕoup

As far as the reactionary aspect goes, I was just goading Bardull into a response. I think I mentioned it before but I might as well do it now. Clearly he took the bait but I didn't really get too much out of it aside from that I expected him to blow up more. I suppose I took the whole 'exaggerate your reads' from my old No Lynch partner eh?

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup - IGMEOY. You take a party pooper stance on things and are looking at Bardull who I have no problem with. What are your thoughts on Gheb right now?
My snide remark was me essentially saying he was null. Gheb is antagonistic as either alignment, and my comment about his attitude being 'expected but not exactly productive' alludes to that. I expect Gheb to be a general stick in the mud but it's not worth reading into it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.6

Red Ryu: Ryker
Macman: Gheb
Gheb: Red Ryu, Vult Redux
Ryker: Bardull
Maven
Bardull
Xivii:
Maven
Soup: Xivii
Vult Redux

Not voting:
soup, Mars™

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
Deadline extended by one day. Macman replaces Mars!

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is September 22, at 11:59 PM

#HBC | ѕoup

i mean i've played with gheb and I didn't think of it. maybe I'm inflating its value because of that. idk when I rereead that post though it still came off as really town to me.

my impression: he was whining about the conditions of the wagon to make it less appealing while saying he's for it to get Distancing™ points. Helps when you know there's no risk of the lynch getting pushed through.

i'm scared to ask.... what was your impression of that post?
/QUOTE]

My answer to Ryker solidifies my impression pretty much. Don't feel it's a good avenue to try and read Gheb when he's being like that. I honestly think that even if Gheb were scum it would matter here, because I feel he plays for the long-game, ergo, not really a busser.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP"

vult said:
i mean i've played with gheb and I didn't think of it. maybe I'm inflating its value because of that. idk when I rereead that post though it still came off as really town to me.

my impression: he was whining about the conditions of the wagon to make it less appealing while saying he's for it to get Distancing™ points. Helps when you know there's no risk of the lynch getting pushed through.

i'm scared to ask.... what was your impression of that post?
My answer to Ryker solidifies my impression pretty much. Don't feel it's a good avenue to try and read Gheb when he's being like that. I honestly think that even if Gheb were scum it would matter here, because I feel he plays for the long-game, ergo, not really a busser.

#HBC | ѕoup

Not sure why people didn't pay attention to it more but Maven and Gheb's quick interaction was really ****ing weird in my eyes. Felt like some circular logic going on where Gheb said he didn't wanna vote Bardull cause he isn't the play and then Maven asked him two loaded questions about why he wasn't voting him..when Gheb already answered in the post Maven was asking about.

#HBC | ѕoup

After fully reading page 4 I retract my statement about Gheb being null and instead read him as town. Didn't mean to clutter the thread but I realized I haven't really posted too much and all of the sudden I had the urge to mafia.

Regardless, I think Vult's criticism and pairing of Bardull/Gheb is largely invalid, and that I'm not really getting why Vult is being townread. Initially, I took what he was saying at face value with Bardull cause I somewhat agreed with it, but since that's blown over I've been given pause. What I'm seeing here is Vult trying to beat Gheb over the head with his own action of unvoting Bardull, but I feel that a lot of players tend to unvote/change their mind all the time so why in particular this instance? His #157 is not a strong argument in this case, and instead seems to be cherrypick-

zen i actually think gheb's town
..I guess before I submit this thought Vult suddenly thinks Gheb is town now?

#HBC | ѕoup

Do you have issue with both Gheb and Zen? because that's what it feels like.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think I'm all caught up and I honestly wanna vote inactive/mac but we'll see. Glossed over Ryu's posts but didn't see enough to poke at. Wanna see what Maven says about what I directed at him before I give a full read-list.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Vote: Ryker
He is the play.

I agree with bardull, Ryker's first post is prolly the scummiest thing that's happened this game

Zen makes a dumb RVS vote on Ryker and his response just feels so wrong.

I'm ignoring Zen for Day 1, again. Someone read him for me. I don't want to spend all day jumping down his throat because he's a ****head.

Vote Maven
I don't really see how Zen's posts till that point could have triggered Ryker enough to make him want to ignore Zen. I don't understand why he's already assuming he'd be jumping down Zen's throat toDay. Especially since clearly Zen was just ****ing around with his vote and there's nothing from his posts that would make it seem like he and Ryker would go at it all Day.

Maybe Ryker's post was supposed to be funny? in a weird reverse sarcasm meta type way and he was only pretending to get worked up over Zen's ****. Idk..

It doesn't help that Ryker seemed to sit back most of the Day and hasn't really contributed much. At least not until his one wave of questions to bardull and soup (albeit good questions). But they were the kind of Qs that didn't really give us insight into what Ryker's reads were. They were the kind of Qs scum could give that would make it appear that they were contributing. Also it doesn't seem like Ryker took anything away from the responses he's gotten

I also really dislike his reads post, mostly because he doesn't give reasons for why he thinks bardull is town and soup leans scum. Also the timing of it feels gross given how Bardulls wagon went down.

Zen town, vult town,

prolly bardull town just cuz I agreed with him on Ryker early on, and his defense (despite being overly defensive) read like exasperated town (though I do want him to better explain how someone talking negatively about him would make him not want to get a read on the person. They don't seem like related things).

I kinda like gheb too for no real reason except for he seems to be just slinging his **** around the thread with no worry about how ppl are perceiving him. Which seems a lil too confident to do as scum, but idk maybe y'all haven't been lynching gheb enough in recent mafia games and he getting cocky

Soup n ryu are also on my radar. But I'm only supporting a Ryker lynch toDay. Also i guess mavens on the radar as well cuz I dislike the Zen push. I don't really remember much of what hes said tbh.

Zen thoughts on Ryker's and your early Day interaction?
Ryker why are you voting ruy and not one of the three from your lynch pool? why is bardull a town lean to you?

Man this post was only supposed to be like 2 lines long. Also this nightly back up **** almost completely ****ed me

Top Bottom