• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia II: Gave over. Who won?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What will a Ruy flip get us?
I never said it would get us anything. It would though I think. I'm on 2 hours of sleep and I can't really process that much more information today.

Scum flip looks good on soup, Maybe Gheb. I'd have to think that one over on a clearer head. It looks bad for Bardull and you. Maybe me.
Town flip looks good for Vult I think.

I didn't want to pull a judas iskariot this early in the game, but I am hesitant on Gheb after his last couple of posts and soups post. I don't think there's any scenario where soup and Gheb are scum together so I trust that soup's view is coming from a valid perspective.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No, actually I don't know what I'm saying. I need to trust in my past self. Mac I will seriously reconsider everything if Gheb flips town. Just go with me today.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
idk zen, gheb is just one of my strongest town reads. if he ends up flipping scum i'll be pre salty

I think if Maven doesn't respond soon we should lynch him

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
i literally said let's look at ryu 24 hours ago and people gave me **** for it lkcwojbkjjvsdberv
or maybe everyone ignored me. it was one of those.

You had plenty of time to prevent "scum!soup" from "slipping into D2", you know.

What kept you from doing it?

:059:
he's been such a nonfactor with no presence in the game and i've been focusing on so many other players that i didn't have anything on him until Zen forced me to say something about him???

@anyone what argument to lynch ryu doesn't also apply to soup? passiveness is my problem with my of them but with Soup it's been to a significantly greater extent

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I personally just generally have liked the majority of soups posts aside from his early argument with bardull. I esp liked his last point about maven

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
he literally said he was fine seeing me go, then defends himself and says he isn't actively seeking my lynch(?). I don't really get it.
how do you not get it? you're a compromise. a last resort. sloppy seconds? idk how else to say it.

I honestly didn't understand your pov on this until this post. I really don't see how interpreted that from that line.
why didn't you have a problem with it at the time. I laid out my interpretation of what Gheb said for everyone to see. -____-

For real though what is your deal with soup. Why is he scum now to you all the sudden? You've not analyzed his posts one bit. What is your current take on Ryu. Is he still scum to you? Would you lynch him over Gheb?
i'm fine with soup going because he hasn't scumhunted. no, i don't have insight beyond that.

i like ryu slightly better now than I did post-reread last night; i thought his point re: Mac were good and he asked me something that felt like he was genuinely trying to read me.

i honestly don't know if i want him dead over gheb anymore.

i feel like i'm being held to this crazy double standard; every time i come to this thread i have 5000000 things to answer and i cannot keep up and then i get burned for not keeping up. i'm putting hours and hours into this game waaaay more into this game than everyone else and am putting out thoughts and questions and ideas out constantly

meanwhile soup hasn't voted once and like... no one cares

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I've asked you many times now to thoroughly look at soups posts, but you've continuously ignored me. Saying he hasn't done anything isn't actually looking at the posts he's made to discern his alignment.

I think we could all use a break though. If you don't want to lynch Ryu, vote Gheb with me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.10

Red Ryu: Gheb
Macman:
Gheb:
Xivii, Ryker, Vult Redux
Ryker: Macman
Maven: Red Ryu
Bardull
Xivii:
Maven, Bardull
Soup:
Vult Redux

Not voting:
soup

Important Links:
Game links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is September 22, at 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm on phone, didn't get to reread. My Ryu read was quick and based on him not doing anything scummy that I saw which was enough to put him town at the time, I don't want Ryu lynched. I don't feel there's a high chance of him being scum and a Ryu town flip does nothing.

My Ryker read was based on him not doing much and possibly just scumcoasting without getting involved, making him a compromise lynch. I'd still be fine with it.

I want Xivii or Vult lynched. I was planning to reread Vult but from memory he's been on every bandwagon and for shaky reasons. His reason for voting Gheb is asine and it's what made me ok with lynching him. A flip from them would do more then any Ryu flip.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I find Macman's push on Ryker to be bizarre and I'm not convinced by it. I'd include him second in the shooting list.
so what exactly has changed between then and now that makes you more ok with the Ryker lynch? how come I am no longer a scumread of yours?

I like Vult's play because I do not see it as being manipulative in the least, which makes me read him more pro-town. He comes off super honest and willing to change his reads. Red Ryu I also read as town through his content, same with Bardull. They've generated discussion and done nothing scummy. I don't read Gheb as town due to his content but his attitude towards everything, explained in greater detail in earlier post.
I guess this as well, what changed?

here you say you like vult for being willing to change his reads often. but now you're saying him being all over the place is scummy.

you also mention having a scumlean on gheb in this post, but now you're against his lynch.

this post was only like 2 days ago. What exactly has happened that has made you flipflop on these opinions so heavily?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
i'm just being dramatic sorry

i'll go read more into soup now

he's been on every bandwagon and for shaky reasons. His reason for voting Gheb is asine and it's what made me ok with lynching him.
Maven I tried really really REALLY hard to reason with you and try to understand where you're coming from and show you my perspective.

I don't know what to do with you at this point. I figured out we have a misunderstanding and went out of my way to show it to you and you come up with this?

honestly, whatever, have your scumread on me. if it's even real. idk

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Which is why I specifically asked people to hammer him?
this..... omg

why didn't i see this <___<
zen i actually think gheb's town
i like his infamous post a lot more when it's framed as adding pressure to get other players to react to the wagon

it's like... i would do that lmao
I'd agree with you, but I can't get over his #121.
Zen you said you understood what I was saying!!!!

I honestly didn't understand your pov on this until this post. I really don't see how interpreted that from that line. For real though what is your deal with soup.
Why, now, are you saying you didn't understand and you don't see how I interpreted what I did?

what the hell man

Maven89

Smash Master
so what exactly has changed between then and now that makes you more ok with the Ryker lynch? how come I am no longer a scumread of yours?

I was talking about your push on Ryker for his Zen post. I still think that's nothing and don't support lynching him for that. But coming up to a deadline, I'm fine lynching someone who hasn't done much, which is Ryker. I didn't scumread you because I completely forgot it and you.

here you say you like vult for being willing to change his reads often. but now you're saying him being all over the place is scummy.
It's because at this point he seems to only change them to focus ont he bandwagon. Turning off of Gheb's push was good, turning back on it again was bad.

you also mention having a scumlean on gheb in this post, but now you're against his lynch.
No I didn't, I was I was reading Gheb town based on his attitude, not his content. That's not saying a scumlean.

Maven89

Smash Master
i'm just being dramatic sorry

i'll go read more into soup now

Maven I tried really really REALLY hard to reason with you and try to understand where you're coming from and show you my perspective.

I don't know what to do with you at this point. I figured out we have a misunderstanding and went out of my way to show it to you and you come up with this?

honestly, whatever, have your scumread on me. if it's even real. idk
I don't feel you can actually believe what you're saying. I think it's really clear that what you're claiming Gheb said has no basis in reality, and after having it pointed out you chose to get defensive about it instead of re-examining.

Maven89

Smash Master
ebwop: I fixed that earlier posted and made things clearer then the rushed post i sent off

I was talking about your push on Ryker for his Zen post. I still think that's nothing and don't support lynching him for that. But coming up to a deadline, I'm fine lynching someone who hasn't done much, which is Ryker. I actually forgot about my scumread on you, and I'm not pushing you because I think it's unlikey scum would continue to push so hard for town!Ryker when there's not much support for it and way easier targets. To be clear I just have you very low on my list of priorities and basically forgot about it.

At time I liked it. Now, with more evidence, he seems to only change them to vote for the current bandwagon. Turning off of Gheb's push was good, turning back on it again was bad.

No I didn't, I was I was reading Gheb town based on his attitude, not his content. That's not saying a scumlean.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ everyone, remember ryker is still on the table. Maven, gheb and I are all down. I think soup is down but i'm not sure if he'll back tn and so we'd just need one more.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I don't feel you can actually believe what you're saying. I think it's really clear that what you're claiming Gheb said has no basis in reality, and after having it pointed out you chose to get defensive about it instead of re-examining.
i did reexamine and i think i was wrong and misread gheb :V

did you read this post
"Which is why I specifically asked people to hammer him?" I interpreted as "Well duh, I asked people to hammer him so that [a scumbuddy] would come to his rescue! See, Vult, we had the same agenda all along you silly goose!"

"Which is why I specifically asked people to hammer him?" you interpreted as "Oh sure Vult, of course I'm scum with Bardull because I would totally ask the town to hammer my scumbuddy. /sarcasm"

Do I have that right?
idk how you think i fabricated my interpretation. I posted it clear as day and shouted it to the world and no one challenged it. not gheb, not you, not Zen. Zen and Ryu questioned it . initially. and I explained it. and then, again, no one challenged it.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Xivii Xivii you don't have to respond to my #459; i realize you never really said you understood where i was coming from. so you're off the hook there, my bad.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I understood the idea, I just don't follow how you got to it from that specific Gheb line. idc though you're still town to me.

Macman, how would you expect scum Gheb to play differently? I feel like you and soup are town reading him because of his meta. Why can scum Gheb not fake **** slinging?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
MMkay well if Ryker isn't a mason, I can compromise to him.

Feel like people need to pay more attention to Vult but it is what it is.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Let me know if you guys think I should throw my vote on Gheb, I'm doing a night shift tonight and want to be out and about before 11:00pm EST, but want to use my vote if it's needed.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
y ty bardull

Macman, how would you expect scum Gheb to play differently? I feel like you and soup are town reading him because of his meta. Why can scum Gheb not fake **** slinging?
i mean he easily could. but i feel like he'd be under more pressure to not over do it in the way he did. plus I've just generally found myself agreeing with the majority of his posts and stances. and there are just so many other candidates that I think are much more deserving of a lynch

but most importantly if we lynch gheb i'll have noone in town that i can trust to help me wagon peeps

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i'm looking forward to seeing any flip. this game is weird and very non cohesive so far. literally every player in the game has at least 2-3 ppl down with their lynch

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I understood the idea, I just don't follow how you got to it from that specific Gheb line.
I got it. Thank you.

Zen I'm reading Soup more closely but seriously this guy's spat with Bardull is null and he made some okay observations (first to not townread me; pointed out awkward Maven/Gheb interaction) but I feel like those observations have been null too. He talked about meta a bit (re: #274), null.

i'm not really sure if you were hoping or expecting for me to find about him. re-reading him has really made me more aware that he hasn't been present. i don't even remember if you like him at this point; i do remember you changed your mind and it looks like you liked some of his observations.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
i'm looking forward to seeing any flip. this game is weird and very non cohesive so far. literally every player in the game has at least 2-3 ppl down with their lynch
Looking forward to seeing any flip, but it won't change your mind unless it's mine, right?

Top Bottom