• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not sure what I can do right now though. Both of you said you'd lean towards lynching me without actually giving me something to argue against so it's hard for me to do anything. At this point the best I can to is to remind @ frozenmarsh751 frozenmarsh751 to look at that big post he made about Kary again. If you can't give me anything that allows me to convince you I'm town, I'm essentially forced to completely bank on @ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary being the last scumbag and argue into that direction. But as much as believe that fromarsh is town [and if he isn't then he played well enough to win this game anyway], I don't want this final Day to come down to them being kingmaker who gets to decide who the play between Kary and me is going to be.

:059:

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
When did I say any such thing?

Fromarsh, you scum?

^ I was referring to this, though it seems like I took it a little too seriously. At first impression, given that its lylo, I thought that you were actually trying to convey that you had abandoned your town read on us.

Obviously not expecting you guys to actually play defense until we start grilling you, but if either of you have points of interest regarding the other player that you think we should consider please do post that ****

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alright so as you should know I've been thinkin we have scum between Honk and Inglor. Now with Honk claiming to be july's mason partner and garg treatment of inglor in general, I'm thinking theyre both town

Basically when I went through all of gargs posts he seemed to be legitimately trying to engage Inglor when they clashed. I know that's incredibly vague, so let me explain a bit. What I mean is that their interactions didn't seem scripted at all. They had an organic feel to them that is making me conclude that those two were absolutely not ever on the same page in terms of predictive knowledge relative to the other, which is a "not aligned" tell IMO.

An example of what I'm trying to get at is when Garg told Gheb by EBWOP that he [Gheb] should disregard Garg's most recent post that he [Garg] wrote in response to a post of Gheb's because he [Garg] posted it before he finished reading the thread entirely. Who writes a premature post in response to another player and then retracts it after realizing it was a kneejerk response unsupported by what was actually happening in the thread, when that player is your ****ing scum partner?

Is it beyond gheb and garg to fake something like that? Absolutely not. Do I think that's what actually happened? Absolutely not.

Not trying to say this clears Inglor at all, but that slot is off the table right now as far as plays go IMO
This is the post that has me thinking that fromarsh is town. It's from Day 2 but that's exactly the kind of insight that only a townFrozen could possibly produce ... I always look out for posts like these because it's borderline impossible to fake that kind of insight as a scumbag without looking blatant. If scumfrozen really has the ability to look at posts and connections from this angle and is able to draw a plausible conclusion out of it and communicate it in a way that leaves no doubt about his legitimacy then there's nothing I could do to find it out. I simply have no choice but to assume that he is town. If he's town I wouldn't know by which of his posts I'm supposed to tell. Unless Kary can tell me, I will vote him intead.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dude, just read your big post again on Kary from yesterDay and then read mine. There's enough hard evidence and facts in these posts that are worth much more than your vague and only partly justified claims that I've been more passive or reactive than I should have been.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Not sure what I can do right now though. Both of you said you'd lean towards lynching me without actually giving me something to argue against so it's hard for me to do anything.
You could explain why your vote was all over the place yesterDay. First you sat on your hands, then you hopped me when that was in fashion, then when a Gorf waggon got some steam you voted Nabe and said you wouldn't budge.

Unless Kary can tell me, I will vote him intead.
Is this actually a question for me? I think and have thought for a long while that fromarsh is town.

Dude, just read your big post again on Kary from yesterDay and then read mine. There's enough hard evidence and facts in these posts that are worth much more than your vague and only partly justified claims that I've been more passive or reactive than I should have been.
By your post do you mean #1124? Because that doesn't even read like a case to me, and I already pointed out a couple things where you were literally just wrong.

I realize that toDay is basically 'play as much persuasion as possible', but saying the points against me are 'facts' and the points against you are 'vague' doesn't make it so.

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
Not sure what I can do right now though. Both of you said you'd lean towards lynching me without actually giving me something to argue against so it's hard for me to do anything. At this point the best I can to is to remind @ frozenmarsh751 frozenmarsh751 to look at that big post he made about Kary again. If you can't give me anything that allows me to convince you I'm town, I'm essentially forced to completely bank on @ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary being the last scumbag and argue into that direction. But as much as believe that fromarsh is town [and if he isn't then he played well enough to win this game anyway], I don't want this final Day to come down to them being kingmaker who gets to decide who the play between Kary and me is going to be.

well im wondering if theres anything in how you treated garg/j and/or vice versa that screams unaligned. a big reason frozen (not me. he needed to die imo but frozen was right) townread nabe was cuz of js interaction with him. i vaguely remember you voting both garg and j d1 at various points so some insight into your thought process behind those decisions and "my scumbuddy wouldnt interact with me like this" ideas might be of use. if you DONT think theres much compelling in way of that then what of karys play post blatant scum getting bodied tells you that he was just chillin under the radar? thats what im personally lookin at with this decision

same for karebear cept vice versa

but anyways im not sure what you mean by not wanting this day to become kingmaker with me as swing. with one of you correctly townreading me and the other bull****ting a belief of me being innocent that seems to be the only way this dayphasell go down barring the scum votes me (which i WOULD love to see and fully invite but i know he doesnt have the balls to do it) or the innocent second guesses his townread on me

also i think its pretty funny that one of you tried to bus j d1

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary has been lynched!

He was a Mafia Goon!

Gheb, VT, lives.

Frozenmarsh751, VT, lives.

Town Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Critique on my modding is welcome and encouraged as well. I wish I could have read more carefully but could not as I did not have time because of school, so I was simply just doing the mod stuff and no more.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Awww Kary, I am proud of you for doing so well with what you were given! Seriously man I have no complaints on this lose.

Glad this game is over though.

Scum had 0 PRs and town had 2 clears and a bodygaurd, thats lobsided quite a bit for town. My only complaint about the setup and liked the no flavor aspect.

Maybe giving Mafia a vanilla cop would hace been decent.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maybe giving Mafia a vanilla cop would hace been decent.
What is a vanilla cop?

I'll consider that for next time. I was thinking that a BG wasn't much of an addition, since it's either your own hide or nothing happens anyways. Otherwise I would have left it at just masons. But I'll deff consider this and try to do better next time.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'll consider that for next time. I was thinking that a BG wasn't much of an addition, since it's either your own hide or nothing happens anyways. Otherwise I would have left it at just masons. But I'll deff consider this and try to do better next time.
Ranmaru said:
now that I think of it

gorf kinda forces Kary into an uncomfortable lylo

think about it

gorf keeps protecting frozenmarsh

kary then has to deal with frozen in lylo.
:grin:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
GG wish I would have actually been active, sorry again for not doing much. I was sure it was Gheb, didnt really suspect Kary at all haha.
Critique on my modding is welcome and encouraged as well. I wish I could have read more carefully but could not as I did not have time because of school, so I was simply just doing the mod stuff and no more.
I really liked how you handled the vote spread. Nifty.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What is a vanilla cop?

A vanilla cop basically is like a role PR of who is Vanilla Townie or PR. Basically you just give them the PR to scum to help find out the PRs in a weak sense unlike Tracker/etc.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
i thought the setup was fine
gorf and nabe were both obvtown from what i read but i thought it was gheb and not kary (i have never read gheb correctly while reading a mafia game). it seemed obvious to me the layout was just tranquility but with an extra clear from the get-go in exchange for the bodyguard not being able to talk and clear people after death

E: oh, a rolecop for scum would've been fine probably

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
i thought the setup was fine
gorf and nabe were both obvtown from what i read but i thought it was gheb and not kary (i have never read gheb correctly while reading a mafia game). it seemed obvious to me the layout was just tranquility but with an extra clear from the get-go in exchange for the bodyguard not being able to talk and clear people after death

E: oh, a rolecop for scum would've been fine probably
Masons are so, so much more powerful than an innocent child.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kary. <3

I was your cheerleader in the Dead QT. No one had you as scum so good job on that.

I am determined that the next game I play scum, I will be back up to par with my Paper Mario/Inception play, but damn that lying rust is coated on thick. Ugh, I am ashamed of my play this game and felt I did a disservice to my team.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh btw, Fromarsh was seriously the only "pro-town" player after the July/Soup duo died.

Gorf not protecting Soup after he outed was lol.

Edit:

Oh and the Dabuz lynch was soooooo silly. He was not scummy at all and his lynch was the worst this game. Rest were at least semi-justified.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
the setup was perfectly fine. ignore the scumteam ran cuz theyre wrong

i cant believe some of the dumb **** that actually happened in this game

ruy ruyin

bwolf trashin it up in classic bwolf fashion

nabe being a gargantuan and massive tool

people townreading jakestan

also karebear yu can chill on the "almost took town to the cleaners by myself" thing. yu did what yu had to do but lets be real town was mostly eating itself alive past d2. you played well but weve got enough ****** in this room wit excessive hubris and i kno youre not annoying like them. good job tho man this game and how our slots interacted actually reminds me of a game i played forever ago where somethin similar happened. love ya buddy

this was quite possibly the most ******** game ive ever played in my life. good that we won but def my last game for a while. word @ my ****** like gorf/gheb/masons/nick/riddick who kept it real

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Oh and the Dabuz lynch was soooooo silly. He was not scummy at all and his lynch was the worst this game. Rest were at least semi-justified.
Trufax. I thought dabuz's initial posts and catch-up SCREAMED of towniness. Had he not taken a wrong turn and started tunneling Gorf I would've had a hard time justifying a vote on him.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Dude i don't wanna die in place of slots like soup or Riddick. What will that accomplish aside from... Letting em live for another Day? Why do you think I only considered protecting "power players?" I'd say not protecting Riddick was dumber than not protecting soup but either way that'd still only give him one extra Day to live.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
games over. stop spreading lies. hav fun townreading scumdabunz for ******** reasons n learnin the hard way like most ****** dude

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lmao, dude I've read dabuz correctly quite a bit. I think I understand him as a player where everyone else is just like "lol **** dabunz"

Top Bottom