• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

Ashemu

Smash Ace
i feel like bodyguard is a hard role to play just because if i rolled it i'd probably be selfish and never save anybody unless they were like, a cop

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
It actually WAS about town eating itself alive. That's why it got close. If you remember Kary was a hard scumspect all of D1. He was overshadowed by the replaced slots playing badly, easy as that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Town really did play terribly, but so did the scum-team.

I mean July/Marshy were the only salvagable slots from town-side and Kary was the only survivor on the mafia team to not derp hard enough.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
also karebear yu can chill on the "almost took town to the cleaners by myself" thing. yu did what yu had to do but lets be real town was mostly eating itself alive past d2. you played well but weve got enough *****s in this room wit excessive hubris and i kno youre not annoying like them. good job tho man this game and how our slots interacted actually reminds me of a game i played forever ago where somethin similar happened. love ya buddy

this was quite possibly the most ******** game ive ever played in my life. good that we won but def my last game for a while. word @ my *****s like gorf/gheb/masons/nick/rid**** who kept it real
aight fair shout. i'm not trying to brag, i just find it hard to take ppl serious saying town (as a whole) played well.

<3

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Town really did play terribly, but so did the scum-team.

I mean July/Marshy were the only salvagable slots from town-side and Kary was the only survivor on the mafia team to not derp hard enough.
dafuq? id argue that all the ****** i named + replacements were fine. gorf did some weird **** but he cant be blamed for adhering to bro code. PLEASE get off of julys **** gawddamn

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
There was literally a point in the game where all the remaining slots were saying they were all scummy people.

July nailed the entire scum-team in one post lmao. She deserves to have that **** rode a bit. She called the scum-team being Garg+J+Kary and that was why we NK'd her because she was the scariest this game.

I'll be fair and give Ridick more credit since they did well this game, but mainly just got cleared off the Garg dispute since it was an SvT dispute.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I really liked how you handled the vote spread. Nifty.
I like how only Kary really noticed it during the game. ;-; Man wouldn't I love something like that. Maybe.

A vanilla cop basically is like a role PR of who is Vanilla Townie or PR. Basically you just give them the PR to scum to help find out the PRs in a weak sense unlike Tracker/etc.
Oh a rolecop. Yeah I should have. I didn't because I underestimated masons. I thought since it just gave clears it didn't really help find scum, just narrow the pool and BG doesn't help find scum either. (It just helped Frozen stay in) I will play devil's advocate and say that you had time to deal with Gorf before that scenario (killing gorf instead of ridick), but I'm not saying a rolecop wouldn't have helped. Worst case scenario it might have been too late, but I would think a BG would usually be out of the game early because of how it works.

Oh and the Dabuz lynch was soooooo silly. He was not scummy at all and his lynch was the worst this game. Rest were at least semi-justified.
All of my yes please. Dabuz is always considered when he is obv-town. Then when he is scum people say "No he's town because he's interested" sorry ruy I just have to lol. Everytime I will bring this up. "No he's town because he's interested" sorry ruy I just have to lol. Everytime I will bring this up.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
marshy's list is pretty sound. I spent all my nightkills shooting people who were obvtown, which says something. I actually wanted riddic alive to help lynch nabe but still had to kill them for the lylo I wanted.

shot at fromar N5 fwiw.

you can read more of my thoughts at the time in the QT! It's probably pretty strange, I don't know!

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh I will say this too:

I like Fanny's style of posting the more I see him play. He just seems like a fun dude.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It was interesting to see you talk to yourself in the QT, Kary.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
frozen gorf n gheb are my ****in ****** man

gorf for protectin me all game. YO GORF **** DEM OTHER ****** MAN!!

gheb i was just in sync for most of the game and hit the right points at the right times

lol @ karebear buddyin me mad late in the game. idve felt like such a **** had gheb been scum there and i just flopped on you like that

frozens reads were underrated. we decided on karebear 2 nights ago on my drive down to north carolina and we deliberated for like an hour on the phone. 2day he hit me up sayin drop da hammah on a reread and so we pretended to get gheb just to troll the scumteam/green room for lolz

frozen you an og always a pleasure brah /brofist

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
i still have so many thoughts about this game just kinda buzzin around inside my head. it's mad really but eh.

in the end, though, i'm sad we lost mostly because I wanted to see Gheb be mad salty XD

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I really liked the observation Frozen dropped while you two were discussing via pm. That behavioral assessment. I liked it alot. I might never have thought of that. I think I just need to look at the nk's more to see the scum's overall plan as they get closer to lylo (that's what he did and he basically got it)

in the end, though, i'm sad we lost mostly because I wanted to see Gheb be mad salty XD
Kary you still have to come to Apex and meet Gheb just so we can see your reaction

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
lol @ karebear buddyin me mad late in the game. idve felt like such a **** had gheb been scum there and i just flopped on you like that

frozens reads were underrated. we decided on karebear 2 nights ago on my drive down to north carolina and we deliberated for like an hour on the phone. 2day he hit me up sayin drop da hammah on a reread and so we pretended to get gheb just to troll the scumteam/green room for lolz
damn troll me 2 days straight?

Last time I leave you alive in Lylo, damn.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
two irl days of grief a pretty fair trade for 5 dayphases on yur end. the only reason it was 2 days is cuz frozen wanted to reread early game. i actually wanted to die cuz this just became a "mow ******* down after all but 1 scum die d1/d2" game like os all stars/paper mario that i always seem to end up sufferin through >: (

me n frozen were talkin bout what a pain in the ass it is for town to find the last scum after their buddies fall early game

also i feel like the first time someone rolls scum theyre at an advantage cuz town underestimates em and hav no baseline wit which to judge em so often just write em off as innocent. ive noticed this in a lot of games

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
also i feel like the first time someone rolls scum theyre at an advantage cuz town underestimates em and hav no baseline wit which to judge em so often just write em off as innocent. ive noticed this in a lot of games
Then they are read as null for the rest of their lives because people can't trust them anymore.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
If I learned any lesson this game, it's that trying to pull connections and disconnects from flipped scum instead of focusing more on how someone plays is just, bad play. That's kind of how Kary avoided getting lynched, cause J and Garg just disconnected from Kary and I personally just glazed over the slot. Also, being a replacement is terrible and it seemed like the reason I died was because I replaced in a slot with no content D1.

BTW Ranmaru, love how organized your votecounts were.

Gorfing getting bodyguard was a curveball, luckily Kary guessed wrong on the 50-50 and Gorf got shot, I think if Kary didn't hit Gorf, Kary would have won.

July getting shot N1 was the greatest thing because I wasn't going to bother reading those walls xD

Props to Rid***, Fromar, and Nich for being super obvtown this game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah like Kary said. Gorf protected Fromarsh and Kary killed Fromar, therefore Gorf took the bullet.

#HBC | Gorf

dabuz take it from ME. you have played MUCH worse in the past and should be commended on your play. who knows how it would have panned out if you were here all game but you were lynched entirely because of the slot you replaced into. thanks for doing what you could and sorry for leading the ML :c

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rename yourself to Dabooze plz

I actually talked to Marshy about this in person on the subway haha

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Then they are read as null for the rest of their lives because people can't trust them anymore.
id rather that than the ****tyass townreads that get thrown around for no reason. i wish town lists n callin people town werent a thing

ran yo dude wat you think of da booze

marshy booze? dafuq yu talkin bout ran?

ran no dude duh booze. like in mafia

marshy ...yu mean duh BUNz? (still wrong lol)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yeah Ran, I meant if Kary tried to hit Gheb therefore not hitting Gorf. Once I hit 21 i'll definitely be naming myself Dabooze :p

Also, I was happy to be MLed once you claimed Gorf, just because if you, the town bodyguard got MLed, the next two lynches would have been me and Nabe guaranteed.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I really enjoyed the early parts of this game, but by the time we were NK'd, I was kinda burned out.

The Dabuz lynch was, in fact, silly. Kinda mad I let it happen, but he was really more of a townlean than a solid read and I was getting paranoid about him. Dabuz, you played really well once you got into gear, but the fact that it took you so long is what hurt you. You only started being a townie when your ass was on the line, and it just made everyone paranoid about you.

Nabe shouldn't have been killed either, but I can't blame anyone for wanting to kill him. Would've been much less of a headache if he had started contributing a few day phases sooner than he did.

Biggest thing I regret not doing was not outing how solidly town I was reading Gheb all game. That lylo had me hella nervous, but luckily the right call was made in the end. Props to the townies who deserve it, you know who you are.

Replacements hurt this game quite a bit.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Also, it felt really ****ing good to just be ON FIRE for the first 2 days phases. Feels good to hardbody scumlords.

Props to Kary on taking it to lylo, but if I had been there instead of Gheb or Fromar, I'd have made the same call. Wouldn't have caught you before then, tho.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
There was literally a point in the game where all the remaining slots were saying they were all scummy people.

July nailed the entire scum-team in one post lmao. She deserves to have that **** rode a bit. She called the scum-team being Garg+J+Kary and that was why we NK'd her because she was the scariest this game.

I'll be fair and give Ri**** more credit since they did well this game, but mainly just got cleared off the Garg dispute since it was an SvT dispute.
lol, acting like I didn't nail 2/3 of the scumteam on day one, and spend the first 2 days only pushing those scum (and getting them both lynched, I might add). We deserve more credit than "got cleared off a SvT dispute"

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

if i was alive with fromar kary would have perished. he was my only solid town read.

edit yea hardcore props to riddick's play. well done. now let's see you guys be consistent, at least not ****ty!

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Dude i don't wanna die in place of slots like soup or Rid****. What will that accomplish aside from... Letting em live for another Day? Why do you think I only considered protecting "power players?" I'd say not protecting Rid**** was dumber than not protecting soup but either way that'd still only give him one extra Day to live.
why do you think so low of me as a player despite having a good general consensus and fairly accurate reads for the time i was alive? honest question. what makes a good player to you? the image? something else? i cannot tell.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh dear god its over thank the heavens

gg's all around, this was one of the more intense games I've played in awhile!

big shoutout to gorf for protecting us for lylo. You're the ****in bomb dude. No offense but after all that jumping around in 5 man, you going to lylo woulda been a HUUUUUUGE liability. Def glad that your power actually ended up helpling us

shoutout to Nabe for literally making me have the hardest read swing I've had in a loooooooong time. When you claimed doc I was like jesus **** this dude is so ****in scum and then when I stepped away from the game and game back to it during night phase, I immediately messaged marshy about how you claiming that in twilight was a brilliant town play. Made me townread you instantly pending your confirmation that it was a plan to draw an NK, which you provided. I regret your lynch more than any others and was pretty upset when I saw that you had been hammered. I was telling Marshy all that day phase that the play was Kary/Gheb and as long as we killed both of em we had the game wrapped up, and lynching you that phase made it so that it wasnt guaranteed that we could lynch them both. In retrospect it might have been a good thing that the day ended when it did, because IMO gorf was getting ****ing crazy erratic and it seriously was starting to make me doubt his towniness again.

shoutout to Gheb for putting up with my paranoia all game and still trusting me as town. I guess its been too long since we've played man, since its pretty clear i can't read you for **** but you've got me me all figured out. Good **** man, and I look forward to squaring off (and hopefully redeeming myself) in future games. You can thank marshy for reigning me in for lylo and getting me to do that re-read. All it took was a good hard look at pre-garg wagon D1 to figure out that Kary was the last scummer. Your early game play was more townie than I gave you credit for, and it honestly made a big difference on re-read.

shoutout to kary for makin the long run to lylo and for ****ING KILLING ALLL MY TOWNREADS ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG ****ING **** **** IT MADE ME SO GODDAMN MAD EVERY NEW DAY PHASE! But thats just doin as scum must do. Cant blame you for taking the back seat post day 2 and letting town rip itself to shreds thanks to having easy replacement targets for mislynches. Your strategy worked particularly well on me as I was trying to create a behavioral profile for the last scum and your approach to the game in the lategame was extremely similar to gheb's from my perspective. Thats what kept me off your trail for so long; I was more worried that Gheb was the one outplaying us. Also props for your distancing before the whole ship sunk. The only reason I was able to finally deduce you were the last scum was pre-Garg wagon D1. Before garg (and even J really) started coming under heavy fire, I noticed on re-read that garg was eager to support any argument that redirected attention away from you or J, and furthermore, you and J got into some very hollow engagements that ultimately never developed into anything. That was enough to convince me and give marshy the go ahead. Without that narrow focus on one end of your paper trail though, you did a pretty good job covering your tracks.

and lastly a huge ****ing shoutout to my homie marshy for bringin that clutch factor. He was honestly the driving force behind our vote for each and every scum lynch. We may have agreed a lot about what direction to go at any given time, but this mo****a is the guy that made that **** actually come to fruition. Was a pleasure to play with you again man and I can't wait till you're ready to give it another go. That lylo prep phone call though was wayyyyyyy too fun. Aint nobody gonna step @ our ****, and thats the ****in truth dawg. Brofist for daiz yo

#HBC | ѕoup

genuinely depressing when someone has gotta seriously trash you when you felt you did well, kinda makes the hard work you take into giving a **** into nothing. i make mistakes, i get angry sometimes, but i cannot seriously look at myself and feel i played a terrible game, nor can i really think about this game and say that fact either. i think town was on a roll and did a lot of mislynches due to the fact j got caught up on connections and then when it was said and done town had nothing much to work with beyond what was given.

nabe's play was shoddy, but something can tell me he wasn't really into this game, the doc claim was stupid but i digress. i think nabe is still a decent player in my eyes.
dabuz' lynch was dumb in my opinion but i don't have anything else to say about that matter. i'm surprised kary got away with what he did for so long but refer to what i said before and i think it makes sense. im really glad fromarsh pulled through and make the right calls, it was good on him.

why must we constantly slander each other, looking for a way to point the finger somewhere? it's so trivial and makes me not want to play another game. i can take criticism, but criticism is more beyond saying someone is bad, there has to be a reason attached.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
if i was alive with fromar kary would have perished. he was my only solid town read.

edit yea hardcore props to rid****'s play. well done. now let's see you guys be consistent, at least not ****ty!
how well i do in a game correlates directly to whether or not Bruce Lee is currently my avatar.

You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yeah and shoutout to Ran for bein a great host and also bein a homie and not blowin my **** up when I got ninja'd by the night phase announement

and of course, shoutouts to me for dis **** right here:

OFFICIAL FF'S READS TIER LIST/POWER RANKING THREAD:

Top (Town) Tier

frozenmarsh751
Fox
Falco
Nich
Orbo (because im assuming PJB hasnt posted really yet, confirm plz ridic)

High (Leaning Town) Tier

July
RR

Mid (I Have No ****ing Clue) Tier

JakeStan
BadWolf

Low (Ok With Dying) Tier
Gorf
Kary
Garg

Bottom (Scum) Tier

Inglorious/Honk (I think one is scum and the other is town, not sure which is which, leaning inglor scum)
J (see marshy's post)
look at me callin the scum and actual scummiest town day ****in one bayyyybeeeee ;)

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

half of the reason games are lost in SWFMafia is because people are so attached to their perception of a player that it leads to either relying on too many 'power players' to make the right decisions for them or getting rid of the 'hindrances' so the players who they deem as worth to play with are kept alive.

this is something i truly believe, which makes games unenjoyable. red ruy might be rough around the edges but he is not someone who i'd actively refuse to partake games in, he is usually courteous throughout and while it takes a bit of a push sometimes, he is someone who i feel i can work with.

i would only refuse to play with someone if their negative behavior was so influential that it would stagnate the game and lose severe progress and they refused to work with anyone, which is very few people who i can seriously come to mind regarding to this (e.g vinyl).

nabe displayed a bit of that here but i know nabe can be better than that, it's not completely right to just one offense.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
what makes a good player to you?
This is a good question methinks. I also want to point out it's very hard to be mistake free in a long game of mafia. It's not like a quick match of smash bros.

Top Bottom