• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL at smash mex 6

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Sup guys. Just wanted to bring out an idea.

So FC was canceled, and we have maybe one/two possible events coming up that are close to FL/are in FL.

One of these events is smash mex. They hold one every year, and its basically the FC the mexico.

if you want a preview of a older smash mex, heres a video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=eQk5aOk13ZM

I'm going, and its gonna be awesome. As for language and stuff, they all seem to speak a decent amount of english. if you need any help with it and your interested, just IM me at cashmooney69, and I can help you out.

airport code is MTY, btw.

forum thread is here

translate it here

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
You certainly make a lot of threads.

Are you implying that we should fly to Mexico, or what is this?

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
You certainly make a lot of threads.

Are you implying that we should fly to Mexico, or what is this?
Lately, I have indeed made a lot more then usual.

Yes, I am implying that people go to this awesome tourney. Awesome food. Good smashers. Melee+64+brawl. And its in august, which should be decent timing.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if alvin weren't cool/i didnt like him, i could make a messed up joke like:

Alvin cant go down to smash mex 6. If he did, they might think he's trying to hop the border not let him back in the US

...but i wont, cause he's cool

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Why wouldn't we just go to a local tourney? It'd be a lot cheaper.

Plus I really doubt you're even going.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Until Brawl has distinct better regions, I wouldn't see the need to travel outside our region!!!

But that's just me + I'm working all summer...>_<

:colorful:
It's mainly melee actually.

But brawl as well. Its gonna be like the new cataclysm pretty much.

@ Rx-: Why wouldn't I go? I'm actually gonna have this planned out, unlike most other tourneys I've been to.

Linguini

Smash Master
This looks like loads of fun, plus Latin American smashers are the ****, when I went to visit family in Colombia I met some.
I would really be willing to go to this but Mexico is dangerous(no joke), especially for innocent looking white boys such as yourself(Me too, but at least I'm actually Hispanic and speak spanish fluently.)

Ive been to Mexico before and I would not recommend going alone.
but hmmmm this looks like sweet

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
This looks like loads of fun, plus Latin American smashers are the ****, when I went to visit family in Colombia I met some.
I would really be willing to go to this but Mexico is dangerous(no joke), especially for innocent looking white boys such as yourself(Me too, but at least I'm actually Hispanic and speak spanish fluently.)

come with me then! :D

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.

True, it can be very dangerous, I myself have been mugged, held at gun point and once I was even shot at, but didn't get hit thank god, but that was only in bad parts of some cities. Monterrey, I think that's where its held this time, is pretty safe.

If people do go make sure you have someone to translate, if you don't it's going to be very difficult for you.

didn't the emo riots in mexico ended already?
The riots were actually started by punks who wanted to beat up the emo kids, so it was more like punk riots.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Depends on how many people go, if its more than 5 probably, if its 10 and above I will definitely go. I want people to hang out with, going to a huge, 80+ people, smash-fest where you only know 3 people sucks.
people from FL you mean?

I'm still going, and i know 2 people right now. So who cares =P

I could use the help bro. plz? :D

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
SMX 6 will be ****ing Great Cuz is like the FC or one of US Grand Tourneys.. also alot of mexican smashers would love to have you people no matter if your spanish is not good.. most of the smashers speak and understand english so.. theres no excuse for not comming.

BTW Cashmoney my AIM y AlejandroideX anything you wanna know you can ask me. it would be an honor to have smashers front outside mexico.

Sorry for English. anyways.. think about it guys

MEXICO!!!! TEQUILA and STRIPCLUBS!!... also SMASH XD.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Mooney I hope this is a joke.

For one, Mexico has no A/C.

Two, you haven't even been to a Brawl tourney yet IN FLORIDA and now you're gonna pay like 1000 dollars to goto Mexico?

I gaurentee you won't goto this.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace

LOL...the mexican players would like to play against american smashers, so even if it were dangerous, they would protect the white boys from harm just to play them xD.

no seriously, mexico is not dangerous, there are places, but not all of them, one place of mexico I wouldn´t recomend you is mexico city or tijuana from what I´ve heard, the rest is no problem, if you come, us smashers well welcome you and treat good as if you were a mexican smasher so don´t worry.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
Btw, the mexican smashers are very good at melee, at least all the ones that go to these SMX tournaments and are from the smash mex forums are, because all of us like so much this game and have put a lot of dedication into it, and when it comes to this SMX, we get better in it, I have heard that when it comes to play before the tournament, some stay up from the night till dawn still playing, now that´s passion for melee, so it won´t be dissapointment at all, there will be a good level in the tourney, and it really is fun.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
C@sh...you live in Tech Central...wang of the U.S...
I wouldn't leave Checkers to spend my money on fries at McDonalds (even though they're both tasty when your body wants it). Dayum, my analogies are parallel as crap.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I get your analogies. But its deffinatly worth going to mcdonalds and spending all my money on fries. I've never been there before, plus its a way to celebrate no school :D

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I get your analogies. But its deffinatly worth going to mcdonalds and spending all my money on fries. I've never been there before, plus its a way to celebrate no school :D
This McDonald's is all the way down town and has employees that have customs that can result in your death/rude service if you don't "dance right" to the "music". Also, the fries can be so dry and repetitive sometimes that you will get bored of tasting the same thing over and over. Checkers got that creamy ranch fries or spicy chili fries at different participating locations, only these fries aren't here for a limited time. However, those regular fries at the McDonald's are only there for a limited time. Quadruple loss in travel, taste, danger, and timely inconvenience. Dayum. I'm dropping out of pre-med and going to write a book that will result in torn relationships, poverty, and alcohol abuse.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yo cash mooney im down to go, spanish is my first language anyways so ill translate for u spanish speaking noobs lol

i need to know how much it is though, like the whole thing?

edit: yo linguini come with us so I can team with you!!!! Actually, the only way I would go is if someone else like emilio or a known smasher from FL would go with me and mooney.

Linguini

Smash Master
LOL...the mexican players would like to play against american smashers, so even if it were dangerous, they would protect the white boys from harm just to play them xD.

no seriously, mexico is not dangerous, there are places, but not all of them, one place of mexico I wouldn´t recomend you is mexico city or tijuana from what I´ve heard, the rest is no problem, if you come, us smashers well welcome you and treat good as if you were a mexican smasher so don´t worry.
ROFL, I wasnt talking about mexican smashers being dangerous, im just saying for a kid looking like cash mooney it is.
Im pretty sure all you guys are mad cool.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
So if they whine about match stuff you just say

"no juans"

right?

(Sorry if that offends anyone, it was just too good to pass up)

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
So if they whine about match stuff you just say

"no juans"

right?

(Sorry if that offends anyone, it was just too good to pass up)
Its Ok Dude.. actually mexicans make fun of their own disasters or problems to look more humoristic way the problems XD. but anyways..

guys come on.. mexican smasher would be so happy to meet you and also play with yA XD.

No Juans.. can be use like the Oficial Johns Term in Mexico XD.

|sorry for my bad English|

Bytes!!

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
its understandable that people wont want to travel too long for a tourny...but have you seen the top players from usa going to japan, and europe and beat the best in their town?
this can be an experience also and representing the country...

...danger because of white looking people?...theres always white tourists in all of the Mexican country, plus its not like a robber is gonna enter screaming to the tourny place or the housing, "put all your controllers up" and steal smash...

...i may have exaggerated comparing Mexico to traveling to japan and Europe since Mexico is a third world country but it doesn't lack anything of the commodities most people in usa have, like AC and transportation, plus food is unbeatable, if you come you wont have another food like you'll have in Mexico.

Monterrey where this National Tournament will be held is really close to the border and a big percentage understands english so translations is not a problem...(its guaranteed that the twins will be there, so if you beat them you can say you beat mexico best) in smx3 rob$ went to mexico and played TWIN in the losers bracket and lost and he recognized Twin was at Forwards level, so smash level is guaranteed...

come!!

Top Bottom