• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Fixed Thanks Close Please? ~

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Okay, first thing's first. Is L-Cancelling even possible in Brawl still? I'm pretty sure it is, but it'd be great if someone could confirm this for me. I've never pulled off an L-Cancel in Melee or Brawl, so I don't know what it looks like.

Second thing, how? I know basically you shield after an air attack right before you hit the ground to reduce lag right? But how can you tell the difference between an L-Cancel and no cancel?

Third question, since Sheik's air attacks have no lag besides her D-Air, will L-Cancel even help? I tried L-Cancelling with her on every air attack, and see no difference between L-Cancel and no cancel. So does L-Cancel not have any effect on non-lagging air attacks?

EDIT: Wow, didn't mean for this thread to get so much hate. :( Thanks for the help guys, I looked up auto-cancel. Great technique. :) Thanks. Editted Title. Stop posting now, can a Moderator close this?

Frames

DI
That's because there's nothing to write about, most people just know that L-canceling is out. Just read any of those "melee vs. brawl" threads and you'll see.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Just play Melee if you want L-cancelling or hitstun.
Or 64, because there's way more hitstun in that, and lcancelling.

As many people mentioned, there's no Lcancelling in brawl. However, you can get an effect similar to lcancelling with proper timing. If you do an attack timed in such a way that the attack ends in the air, and then land, you'll have a much smaller landing lag, which is like lcancelling. This is how Ganondorf can still d-air and it looks like he's lcancelling, like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W4Mr38r3bw

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
If you want to see what L-canceling looked like, get out your N64, start playing SSB64 and go to training. Use Link's Dair. Press L just as you land and see how quickly he pulls out his sword. Pretty much the same thing in Melee, but L-canceling only reduced 50% lag? instead of 100%.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
If you want to see what L-canceling looked like, get out your N64, start playing SSB64 and go to training. Use Link's Dair. Press L just as you land and see how quickly he pulls out his sword. Pretty much the same thing in Melee, but L-canceling only reduced 50% lag? instead of 100%.
In N64, the L button functioned as a taunt. Press the Z button before you land.

Melee you can press the R or L button before you land. Most noticeable on Link/Y. Link's Dair and almost all of Bowser's aerials.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
OK guys, this thread is getting out of hand and since I can't close it I will ask for you guys to refrain from spamming and flaming. Obviously the guy realizes he has made a mistake posting here as the lot of you jacked him up for it. Anyways, if anyone flames or spams after this post they will receive infractions.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
failfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfail

OK, I'm done. inb4lock

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
This thread reminds me of why I'm hardly ever on Smashboards anymore.

And I'm not talking about the OP

Nice way to represent the community, guys.

Top Bottom