• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Fixed Freezing Problems) ProjectM 3.02 - How to add your own Logo onto your CSS!

D

Deleted member

The issues have been resolved.
Ok so I'm sorry for any of you for 3.01 or 3.02 that had issues using this guide. Apparantly, the issue was BrawlBox! After tons of testing different files, I had no luck with anything besides the Apex2014 Logo and the DaBessDi Logo (Wifi Group). Everything else froze when entering the character select screen. I tried Brawl Box 0.63d, and it was instantly resolved, yay! :)
The guide has been updated to include BBox 0.63d, and the prebuilt common5's were updated because you can never be too safe.
Tomorrow, I will go ahead and update this with the Stage Expansion that has been brought to my attention. Happy Modding!~

D

Deleted member

God ****ing Damnit Smashboards.
I updated the downloads last night and I checked them today, it never updated my changes BUT IT UPDATED THE RED TEXT I ADDED ONTO THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD
*sigh* It should be fine now. Smashboards whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

D

Deleted member

That is something you have to do on your own. It requires photoshopping, extracting every SSS portait and icon out, and changing the colors/adding the text onto each individual one. I actually do this for all the monthlies in my area (DFW, Texas) but if I offered to do it for others then I'd never have free time.

Lykon

Smash Cadet
I see, brawlbox is still used in the process i guess. but there are way too many files in the common5.pac and I cant find the ones I must edit

D

Deleted member

Open BrawlBox
Open common5.pac
Open sc_selmap_en
Open Miscdata[80]
Open Textures(NW4R)
Find MenSelmapIcon, you'll see all the stages icons that you put your cursor on
Scroll down to MenSelmapPrevbase and you'll see all the stage portaits.

SirDavidMandrake

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlphaDave
That is something you have to do on your own. It requires photoshopping, extracting every SSS portait and icon out, and changing the colors/adding the text onto each individual one. I actually do this for all the monthlies in my area (DFW, Texas) but if I offered to do it for others then I'd never have free time.
You wouldn't happen to have a .psd template you use for this would you?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

http://www.speedyshare.com/9yTR7/Portaits.rar
2 psd's are in here. Mediafire and smashboards won't let me upload this file for some reason so I had to use speedyshare.
Base = Stage Icons with the 3 colored borders
Base 2 = Stage Portaits with "Starter" "Counter Pick" and "Banned" (along with a texture to help you know where you can place the text/how big it can be)

SirDavidMandrake

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlphaDave
2 psd's are in here. Mediafire and smashboards won't let me upload this file for some reason so I had to use speedyshare.
Base 2 = Stage Portaits with "Starter" "Counter Pick" and "Banned" (along with a texture to help you know where you can place the text/how big it can be)
Perfect, exactly what I was looking for!

D

Deleted member

when you're saving the portaits btw, don't use the layer that says "Use to tell where the text is" or w/e. Like it says, its just to see how it would look ingame, but you don't want to save the black outline on it because it might mix and look awkward.

D

Deleted member

if bbox doesn't work on mac then yeah, you're screwed.
Get a pc man.

Jezo

Smash Cadet
I still can't change the logo. It doesn't freeze, the logo I've put in just doesn't show and instead has the black rectangle with 'Smash' written on it (as previously mentioned). Any help?

D

Deleted member

@ Jezo Jezo I don't think I ever got to fixing that, I don't really know how that happens though. Send me over your common5 and I'll see what I can do (I'll take a while though, I've got irl issues so I can't do much)
@ Spoon~ Spoon~ I haven't had this problem yet. BBox 0.63d fixed all my issues :s I really don't know what to say

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
So Aliami Armador made a sweeeeet new logo for me. I've been pumped to put it in, but every time I tried it, it would freeze when I pressed "Fight!". I used BrawlBox .7 .68 and .63d. None of them worked. After a while of discussing it with Aliami he made a common5 with the logo (which worked for him) and let me download it. Just to make sure it wasn't anything else that was causing it, I redownloaded pm3.02 straight from the site and put it on my sd card. I replaced the common5 that came with 3.02 (the one that's projectm>pf>system>common5) with the custom one Aliami made and tried it. It still didn't work. I tried the same thing with a different sd card, still no dice. I messed with the other common5's that are under projectm>full and projectm>wifi. It still did not work.

I'm out of ideas. I mean the Apex set works for me perfectly. I was hoping to get a set just like the Apex one but with the replaced logo, but nothing seems to work no matter what. I've spent hours and hours on this.

D

Deleted member

The weird thing here is I've spent several several hours also testing out different common5s (Probably longer than you all have). Some do get errors, some don't. At first it seemed like the BBox version fixed my problem (which to an extent, it did) but I still get freezes.

The main thing to notice here is that its literally just the logo that doesn't want to work. You can change every other file to be w/e, but if you simply change the logo to a different one it freezes yet the other half of the time it doesn't.

Note, I never ever get a freeze on "fight". I always get it upon entering the CSS itself... I've been trying to search for a fix but I can't find it, its been 100% consistent with the 3.0 stuff but 3.02 just threw something off and I can't find it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
The weird thing here is I've spent several several hours also testing out different common5s (Probably longer than you all have). Some do get errors, some don't. At first it seemed like the BBox version fixed my problem (which to an extent, it did) but I still get freezes.

The main thing to notice here is that its literally just the logo that doesn't want to work. You can change every other file to be w/e, but if you simply change the logo to a different one it freezes yet the other half of the time it doesn't.

Note, I never ever get a freeze on "fight". I always get it upon entering the CSS itself... I've been trying to search for a fix but I can't find it, its been 100% consistent with the 3.0 stuff but 3.02 just threw something off and I can't find it.
Ah, that sucks. I have a tournament tomorrow and I was hoping to be able to get mine fixed by then. Have you ever had a common5 work on one wii but not another? I've tried the one I would like to use on my Wii and WiiU but both freeze at the same spot.

andzrej

Project Z Curator

I tested with the files you provided, my custom logo, apex logo; BrawlBox 0.63d, 0.69, 0.71, project m full homebrew, full hackless.

It only froze if I named it anything other than common5.pac.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I tested with the files you provided, my custom logo, apex logo; BrawlBox 0.63d, 0.69, 0.71, project m full homebrew, full hackless.

It only froze if I named it anything other than common5.pac.
You mean named it anything other than common5 at any time or just when it was being put in the sd card?

andzrej

Project Z Curator
You mean named it anything other than common5 at any time or just when it was being put in the sd card?
just for the SD card. If I named it OfflineCommon5.pac or whatever, it would freeze at the strap screen.
Renaming it common5.pac got me past the strap screen, but every time I clicked on "fight" to go to the Character Select Screen, it froze.

I'm also running brawl off of USB if that matters.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Well I changed the size of the logo to see if that would change anything. I got a broken picture of the logo when I went to the character select screen.
I don't know if I'd call it progress, but at least it didn't freeze.

Edit: I just resized it a much less significant amount (like 6 pixels or so) and now you can actually make it out. It's still pretty blurry but it's definitely a big improvement.

Last edited:

andzrej

Project Z Curator
I FOUND A FIX.

When you add an image, make sure the image compression is CMPR. The default is RGB5A3.

D

Deleted member

Hmm... I haven't tested this yet but once I will I'll add it to the guide and give credit to you for finding it.

Hopefully theres less ******** now, I've been tired of complaints I don't know the answer to.

just for the SD card. If I named it OfflineCommon5.pac or whatever, it would freeze at the strap screen.
Renaming it common5.pac got me past the strap screen, but every time I clicked on "fight" to go to the Character Select Screen, it froze.
I specifically stated in the guide btw that you needed to change it to common5.pac, so you can't blame me for that :/

Jezo

Smash Cadet
Makes the quality of the image awful though... At least in my case it does... Though at least it works in-game.

Last edited:

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Just to put this out there: I make logos if anyone needs them.
Message me.

@Zach
Thanks a ton for being awesome and finally doing these.
You should make a guide on exactly where and what files people should export/import so people can make their own Common5's in the future. I tried to do it from scratch before, and I got staticy white lines.

Anywho, for now since your pre-mades are locked to Project M 3.0, make sure you title the thread appropriately.
Hey, can I ask you a favor, since you make logos? I would like the pokemon, Pidove (see my profile pic), and next to it, the words "Pidove's Perch."

XxavierPKRS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xxavier
What font are you using there?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just found it.
For those who may also be searching:
http://www.dafont.com/edo.font

Last edited:

Lykon

Smash Cadet
For some reason my Image editor cannot save the Base 2.psd files, i keep getting that error "unknown error" I dont know what Im doing wrong :/

D

Deleted member

Your image editor IS photoshop right? I open the files, but I save what I put in brawlbox as a .png cause bbox only likes .pngs

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Mmm, no I use ImageReady, but it has to be exactly photoshop for it to work? I can edit and save the base.psd files, but I cant save the base 2.psd files

D

Deleted member

I have no idea about what imageready is, I'd say the safest thing is just to use photoshop

Top Bottom