• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Five stages of grief over the roster

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
You guys are so funny, you all come up with the same ****ty response "Nintendo couldn't make everyone happy, you're just whining cause your favorite character didn't make it"'

I don't even friggin care, I don't have a favorite character to wish for.
I'm purely saying this for other people, cause I can surely understand them.

They should've added just a few key characters:
Ridley
Mewtwo
Megaman

And I can garauntee that MOST people would've been happy with the roster. OMG what a huge difference, 3 more characters. Yes but those 3 characters would've turned a crappy roster into an awesome roster for a lot of people.

Also, about your comment that only obsessive fanboys can think that the roster is bad...
I think you got it all backwards, I think only the true fanboys can justify this crap.

Besides, if I were such a fanboy, then how come I'm on the brink of just giving up on this game? It's not coming out for at least half a year, and I already know the roster is a disappointment. The rest of the game has to be really good in order to convince me to buy it.

PS. You fanboys make me sick. :laugh:
You're right few characters can make a difference for a lot of people, I mean, I would've loved it if Geno was in, but that doesn't mean it's all crappy. You have to look at the characters you have instead of looking at what you could have had.

For example, I wanted Krystal to be in before Wolf. I'm a Starfox fan and I'd love to use one of their characters, but I don't like the way Fox and Falco play. I tohught that Wolf was going to be a Fox clone, so I didn't wanted him in, but now that I looks at him I realize that he could be different enough for me to use. Sure, I would've loved Krystal, a staff user, to be in, so different from any Starfox rep, but Wolf it's still a great character.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I went from 1 to 2 to 5. When I saw the thing I was like, "I don't feel any super 'WOW' factor from this. I'm not too sure this is real." When it wasn't leaked from the game yet and was dubbed '35-character roster'. I didn't not like the roster, I just didn't feel too much 'BANG' from it at first. Then, when Brawl was leaked I had forgotten about '35-character roster' and saw everything in the roster but Wolf. I called up my friend and we stared at it for a while, hyping ourselves up and noticed the series would match up if Lucario moved one space over tot he right so we came up with a theory about it. Later, Wolf was revealed. I was like "This doesn't mean we won't get more characters. Maybe we'll get some on the sides!" I kept close watch for a long time and saw all the characters and came to grow fond of every last one and thought it was awesome. I still hadn't given up blind hope until I saw the thing that said "Complete roster!" I saw it and was already halfway to acceptance when it showed. I was never angry at Sakurai because I know this game is going to rock and be much more balanced than the last. This roster rocks and whoever disproves of my opinion shouldn't be on this boards. People who complain should stop venting on our precious Smashboards.

Btw, has anyone noticed Smashboards is back up to speed? I think a lot of haters left.

finalark

SNORLAX
And I still stand by what I said back then, that Nintendo apparently doesn't know what the people want.

They could've easily gone from a crap roster to an awesome roster with only a few changes:

1. Change Wolf for Blaziken
2. Change Robot for Isaac
3. Change Toon Link for Shadow
There we go, now it matches my thoughts.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god, I went through all five of those in that exact order. I actually liked that R.O.B was in when I found out, though. I mean, who doesn't want to play smash as Johny 5?:chuckle:

Egret

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised you didn't include bargaining which is part of the original five stages model and of which there has been a lot of here. (I could wait another 4 months for brawl if it meant X, Y and Z were playable, etc)

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Even though I'm yet to accept Isaac not being in, which was and is going to be a serious problem for me while playing Brawl, Ike and Wolf made the game for me, so, as long as they're there, it'll be fine.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Even though I'm yet to accept Isaac not being in, which was and is going to be a serious problem for me while playing Brawl, Ike and Wolf made the game for me, so, as long as they're there, it'll be fine.
If it makes you feel any better, I heard he got in as an Assist Trophy.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Hmm.. I think I'm in four now...

I'm really starting to accept the roster, but still wished someone else in it... like Isaac. I was just looking at a Final Smash vid on YouTube and thought "****.... Imagine how awesome Isaac's could have been..."

I'm just gonna have to wait till I get the game so I can get to the final stage.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
If it makes you feel any better, I heard he got in as an Assist Trophy.
That's something, at least... But, what I'd realy love to see in Brawl now is some GS music, which would be the most awesome thing they could do now.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god, I went through all five of those in that exact order. I actually liked that R.O.B was in when I found out, though. I mean, who doesn't want to play smash as Johny 5?:chuckle:
THANK YOU!

I'm glad someone else remembers Johnny 5. All ROB needs now is the treads and eyebrows!

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Wow, that's exactly what I went through. Well, now I'm totally over it, and still stoked as ever for the game. Even if it isn't what some had wanted, no one can deny that it is awesome!

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
First when i saw it, i was just pretty sad. I still am actually but i'm getting over it. I don't really know what I was expecting but I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, as high as I did. Brawl will be great even if he doesn't have Krystal or Ridley as playable characters. Melee's rosters had even worse characters. 1/4 of all the characters were clones! We might have some clones in brawl but at least there's not too many. People got over melee's roster, they will get over Brawl's roster. If they don't buy the game because one of their favorite characters didn't get in, well, I feel sorry for them.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
I went through all those...

1. Denial: Yep, I believed that ROB couldn't be playable, and I saw a screenshot of Marth on the second row (because they had only unlocked a couple of characters) and got my hopes up high for an awesome roster.

2. Hope (blind): I hoped that the placement of some of those characters was coincidence, but then I saw a picture where EVERYONE (except Jiggles and Wolf) were unlocked, and in proper order.

3. Anger: I complained to my sister and her boyfriend (I was over at thier house when it happened) and I insulted Sakurai. I showed them a picture of him with a huge smile (from Iwata Asks) and was like "HE'S INSANE!! IS THAT THE FACE OF A SANE MAN!?!?"

4. Depression: All I could say the rest of the night was "ROB....."

5. Acceptance: After a good night's sleep, I got to looking forward to playing as those characters I hated at first. And now I'm just as hyped as ever!!

Top Bottom