• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Tourney Debut!

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
woot, i played link for the first time at a tourney sunday and ended up with some amazing results, i had a few sweet bomb induced stage spikes on a pokemon trainer's ivysaur and ended up knocking out a pretty good olimar, only played him 2 matches but two wins for link yay!

D

Deleted member

results or it didn't happen

lol anyway, gj i suppose

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
there was 21 or 22 i think, it was quite fun, i'll try hard to get the match against the pokemon trainer up, i might have gotten a dtilt spike in there as well

4Serial

Smash Lord
Backwards does work, I get it on the sandbag all the time <_< lol but you need them to be very close to the edge, but slightly above it, which is really hard to position because they can always attack you. It's probably really good on Charazard and DDD if they uses his second jumps really close.
It's also good if your opponent is at 100%+ so that they're animations from the ledge are slowed down a lot so they lose invincibility and you can d-tilt them as they get up. It's possible to time it, but extremely hard.

4 out of 21 really good for your first tournament. Good job.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Congrats! *Applauds*
Another Link at tournies is always a welcome sight, especially if they're placing well. I'd join tournies, but there's none in my area, plus I'm bogged with schoolwork from now until January.

Great job.

Top Bottom