• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First infinite combo found (these weren't supposed to be in SSB4.) Will it be patched?

R0Y

Smash Master

Uh-oh...this could hurt online play a fair bit.

Last edited:

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
Appearantly this was only possible on robin? for some reason I totally forgot lol
Anyway, if it reaches the right people I'm pretty sure it'll be patched

KatKit

Smash Lord
That isn't an infinite grab; it might be an inescapable/infinite combo, though. Needless to say, that looks cool, though it would suck being on the receiving end of it lol. It should probably be #banned until it's patched. That is, if it's patched. O_o

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Seems to me like 'Player 2' just isn't moving..
Hopefully it's just that but it looks like it may be unbreakable regardless. It's possible these two are friends and discovered this, then just decided to make a video for it. Robin wouldn't need to move anyway.

Cakehoarder

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2105-8689-8871
I'm pretty sure it will be patched. I couldn't imagine them creating a game aimed towards the absence of infinites, then just ignoring it.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Oh snap; this had better be patched out.
I've been hoping something like this would show up early, if it gets patched out it's going to set a precedent for future tomfoolery.

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
Hopefully it's just that but it looks like it may be unbreakable regardless. It's possible these two are friends and discovered this, then just decided to make a video for it. Robin wouldn't need to move anyway.
That could be very possible, though still makes it seem a bit fishy in my eyes (P2 just walking up to P1, waiting for the 'chain-grab').

Ah well, if it is real, here's hoping it will be patched sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Something this isolated isn't going to be patched. Don't kid yourself.
If loads of people use it online and complain about it, it will be. Don't kid yourself.

I hope they don't though. That would suck. Hopefully it's just Robin.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
For the people that aren't aware: You can't tech footstools and in this scenario, P2 is forced into a normal get-up, meaning the player is unable to roll to the left/right or perform a get-up attack (it's a reset).

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
this looks like some street fighter cross up stuff lol.
we mahvel now

verditude

Smash Journeyman
According to a user on /r/smashbros, it only works on Robin. Apparently a similar thing was possible with ZSS on ROB in Brawl due to a quirk of how footstooling works on him.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
As if she wasn't strong enough. But either might be fixed or just staying as it is since it mostly affects Robin.

Last edited:

Brian_Buckley

Smash Rookie
NNID
BrianBuckley
If they hear about it, I'm sure it'll be patched, and with the amount of talk there has been already about it I'm sure it'll get to them eventually.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Seeing how bug&glitches can easily get patched up nowadays..shouldn't be an issue.
It's awesome to see people finding stuff out already though.

Last edited:

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
If they hear about it, I'm sure it'll be patched, and with the amount of talk there has been already about it I'm sure it'll get to them eventually.
nintendo sounded like they were serious when they said they wouldnt take exploits lightly in online.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
It's been confirmed to be only usable on Robin. We good here people. :chuckle:

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Yeah, this is probably going to get patched. Hopefully Nintendo treats SSB4 like a continuous project, and consistently update and improve it over time, maybe 2 or 3 new characters and updated competitive mechanics.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Yeah, this is probably going to get patched. Hopefully Nintendo treats SSB4 like a continuous project, and consistently update and improve it over time, maybe 2 or 3 new characters and updated competitive mechanics.
It will get treated as continuous (:
Seeing the DLC for Mario Kart 8 was amazing, I just cant imagine what type of things they will be able to do with SSB4.
#Hype

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'm glad this issue has been exposed. I hope as many of these are found as possible, and I agree with @ VKatana VKatana . A Project M-like approach to the game would be an astounding idea.

Khao

Smash Lord
Can you even to patch this without changing the mechanics of the game at their very basic, or Zero Suit Samus's desing in general? Cause nothing's working as in any way it's not intended to.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Can you even to patch this without changing the mechanics of the game at their very basic, or Zero Suit Samus's desing in general? Cause nothing's working as in any way it's not intended to.
Most likely they'd change her footstool properties or something else that makes this combo work. I would really hope they wouldn't increase lag on one of her moves for such a small thing, though

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Most likely they'd change her footstool properties or something else that makes this combo work. I would really hope they wouldn't increase lag on one of her moves for such a small things, though
This. All they would really have to do is make it so if ZSS footstools during the vault move, it launches her into the air so she can't follow up.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Yeah, actually, something is behaving in an unintended manner: Robin's footstool physics. This trick only works on Robin, and it works because Zero Suit Samus is getting an unusually low amount of height off of a footstool jump (if I'm not mistaken), allowing her to land and fire a Paralyzer again before Robin is able to roll. If it is just a property of footstooling with her Down Special, then all you have to do is increase the height from a Down Special footstool to equal that of a normal footstool.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Make it so that people can tech roll a foostool.
I dunno if I'd go that far. The inability to nullify footstool knockdown with a ukemi does actually have a place in the game, in a similar vein to jab resets (which are the other contributing factor to that infinite combo). In particular, a successful footstool is one of very few situations in which stall-then-fall aerials and specials are actually useful outside of casual play. And even then, a semi-decent "casual" can sidestep your DAir and punish you hard for it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The problem is that ZSS isn't footstool jumping at all, not anything about her footstool itself, isn't it? She's just reverse-jumping onto Robin's head, not using her Down-B flipkick. She should be jumping up and high after the footstool like she does with any other character, but the game isn't registering that when she performs it on Robin. She just simply drops down with enough time to whip out a Paralyzer Shot.

Speak loudly enough, and Nintendo will catch wind of it and correct it by either instating ZSS's missing footstool jump or by altering the property outright, I suppose.

Last edited:

dd_ray

Smash Rookie
NNID
dray
3DS FC
0404-5755-0943
What's the big deal? Not any different than getting stuck in a melee combo really...

Raijinken

Smash Master
If this doesn't get patched or ruled against (like Infinite Dim. Cape), then there will be much ranting and rioting.

Poor Robin. Coolest character in the game, stuck getting combo'd by fanservice.

Top Bottom