• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire mindgame!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Most of you probably know this already?

When my opponent tries to recover I sometimes just TAP the B button. This makes you opponent use the 2:nd jump almost everytime.
Now quickly respond to their second jump with fair, uair or start charging a Usmash instead of continuing the Fire attack!
Fairly good for setting up for the claw too...

I get many easy kills this way!:)

Flayl

Smash Hero
What exactly is your opponent doing during the ending lag of firebreath? Is he missing the edge on purpose?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What exactly is your opponent doing during the ending lag of firebreath? Is he missing the edge on purpose?
The fire forces him to jump towards me in fear of getting stuck in the fire!
Then Bowser can eat his sandwitch!

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
ill buy this in fair terms, but i agree withflayl that if im aiming for a spot...its the edge

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...I think this might work on a lot of my opponents...especially the ones that use characters with bad recovery like Link,Wolf, Fox, Falco, or Ike. I almost always edgeguard them with firebreath and it kills them because they waste their double jump from recovering the first time they get knocked down from the fire.

So if they think I'm going to edgeguard them with the fire I can get them to double jump next to me where I can just send them back off the stage with a Fair.

I'll have to test it myself, but I certainly see how it could be used as a mindgame if someone always edgeguards with Firebreath.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Hmm...I think this might work on a lot of my opponents...especially the ones that use characters with bad recovery like Link,Wolf, Fox, Falco, or Ike. I almost always edgeguard them with firebreath and it kills them because they waste their double jump from recovering the first time they get knocked down from the fire.

So if they think I'm going to edgeguard them with the fire I can get them to double jump next to me where I can just send them back off the stage with a Fair.

I'll have to test it myself, but I certainly see how it could be used as a mindgame if someone always edgeguards with Firebreath.
Thats the point! =)

I use to firebreath at the ledges very often to rack up some lovely free damage on my opponent, or to gimp them!

Then I started doing this sort of mindgame!
I tap B, my opponent jumps in fear of the fire.. But then I'm already there with fair or uair! :chuckle:

Of course I mix this up with simply breathing fire sometimes. And if my opponent suspects a fire I can simply jump out and fair him/her right away instead! =)

I think Bowser's fire edgeguard can be used in many effective combinations.. I'm going try how well Down-B works after the little fire tap!

Can we say "FE" (Fire edge) ?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It won't really work if the other person knows what there doing.
It's at least waaay better than just throwing out smashes everytime.. or breathing fire everytime =_=

This makes you less predictable!

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I always use bowzas down b to edge hog, well.. not all the time. I try to do different stuff each time when it comes to gimping and what-not. Cause after awhile, they usually don't fall for the same thing twice.

Top Bottom