• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
And our next Legendary Hero has been revealed: it's Dimitri!

The other characters you can pull in this banner are Legendary Ryoma, Legendary Marth, Mirabilis, Legendary Chrom, Fallen Corrin, Legendary Edelgard, Thrasir, Fallen Lyon, Legendary Robin, Legendary Alm, and Eir.

Blue is definitely going to be the color choice for this banner. Another chance for me to pull Legendary Chrom (hopefully I'll finally pull him!) and also the chance to get Legendary Dimitri.

Pretty stoked about Dimitri getting a Legendary alt at long last since he is one of my favorite lords!
Didn't expect L!Dimitri this soon after B!Dimitri, but he is one of the most beloved Lords currently and he looks cool so I'm fine. And yes, I've decided I will get Three Houses after Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Joke's over. I briefly considered emulating Blazing Sword or Path of Radiance too, but I felt better officially supporting the series with money instead.

His skills look pretty stacked, as expected for a Legendary of one of the most popular FE characters. His lance, Areadbhar, has a Slaying effect and, if he is above 25% HP, gives +5 to all stats in combat as well as Spd-based damage reduction in and out of combat. Like L!Edelgard, he has a PRF B skill, Atrocity, that, if his foe is above 50% HP at the start of combat, deals extra damage equal to 25% of his Atk (rip Scendscale) and inflicts -5 to all stats and +1 Special cooldown on his foe and enemies within 2 spaces of them after combat. He also has Blazing Wind, Sturdy Impact and a new inheritable C skill, Odd Tempest, that lets the user move 1 extra space on odd-numbered turns. I don't feel like his skills cooperate very well with each other and instead produce a weird mish-mash of ideas... which may be accurate to Dimitri's mental state? I can't answer, though.

His stats are briefly shown in the video, but they account for Pair Up bonuses with F!Byleth. It's widely believed his vanilla statline is 40/41/41/37/18. If this is correct, then his offensive spread of 82 already beats H!Tiki's offensive spread of 81 - given how many times this record has been broken in the last 3 months, I really should stop caring.

In terms of the other units on this banner, blue is likely the winner with L!Dimitri and L!Chrom, though F!M!Corrin may have fallen (pun not intended) off in the last few months - which is pretty scary in regards to a unit from May 2020. Red has Mirabilis if you need a good AR-D dancer, L!Marth if you need a good dragon counter and L!Ryoma if you really need to inherit both Kestrel Stance 3 and Close Call from Say'ri. Green is also a winner with the still absurd L!Edelgard and the slightly less absurd Thrasir and F!Lyon. Colourless has 2 near-necessary units in L!Alm and Eir, but yet again we have to suffer through really good units colour sharing with outdated trash like L!Robin. IS should probably stop putting 2018 Legendaries on new Legendary/Mythic banners (except L!Azura and maybe L!Lucina), though creating a workaround solution to get them through other means may be tricky.

Blue looks very enticing on this banner, but I only have just over 100 Orbs, which isn't nearly enough to get a substantial number of copies. Maybe I'll save up for another Legendary/Mythic banner instead.

Edit: Not really related, but my journey to get Flayn was really unexciting and anticlimactic: I got pitybroke by Selkie about 20 summons in, then reached 40 summons and sparked for Flayn. I've also been playing this game a lot less due to school and losing interest; numerous times in the past, I've had on and off periods with this game where I'll completely forget about it for a few weeks then obsessively play it for a few weeks. I guess this is another off period.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
1800 orbs down the hatch. I knew there was good odds I wouldn’t get a +10 Dimitri but I would have preferred getting more than just half of the merges. Damn Chrom and ESPECIALLY Corrin... Legendary banners are not fun to summon on at all if you only want copies of one.

Hopefully January is much kinder.

056AF7E5-6134-4CF5-BD89-31272CC59FE6.jpeg 0021E5C7-E8AD-4313-8028-AC11256519B1.jpeg 6342D80E-419C-4EC3-98F8-1297D457E333.jpeg

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Haven't made a major personal Fire Emblem Heroes update in a while, but I'd figure I'd share some recent happenings.

For one, I finally had a Legendary Hero banner where I had some good luck, because this was my second pull:

Finally, my first Legendary Chrom! He had a rather odd nature of +Spd -HP, so I felt motivated to pull a second one for a better nature.

And then this happened shortly afterward:

Yep, got Legendary Dimitri! I've been wanting to pull him too since he is my favorite Three Houses lord and one of my favorite lords overall (so you can imagine he was the character I picked for CYL4 this year), so it was great to pull him!

He had a neutral nature, which was alright with me, but I decided to continue pulling for the second Legendary Chrom. Along the way, I pulled another Legendary Dimitri that ended up having a +Spd -Def nature. Well sweet! Looks like I ultimately got a Dimitri with a very good asset, so I merged them to remove that Defense flaw.

Before long, I pulled my second Legendary Chrom, and he turned out to have an amazing nature of +Atk -Spd. PERFECT! Merged my two Legendary Chrom together to remove the flaw and keep that sweet, sweet Attack asset.

These are the builds I have for the two units so far:

Legendary Chrom is using his default skill set for now, but I might opt for the Death Blow set once I pull the necessary skills. As for Dimitri, he is a good physical tank that can really hit like a truck! Really liking Legendary Dimitri the more I use it.

Also forgot to mention but a few months ago, I finally reached a milestone:

My Summer Takumi has finally reached his maximum amount of merges! Took some whaling at the time his banner was ready, but it payed off!

And good thing they brought back OG Takumi for this week's banner, because I also hit another milestone:

It was a long, long journey, but it is finally finished: my OG Takumi is finally fully merged!

Probably will opt for a Spendthrift Bow set once I get that bow and Close Foil, but for now, I think I might either stick with the OG Takumi set (it still works quite well for general stuff) or I might go for some skills that will make use of his ability to warp thanks to his Fujin Yumi refine.

------

In other news, A new Feh channel will be airing very soon, at 7 PM Pacific/9 PM Central!

I see a Japanese aesthetic in the background. Maybe a new seasonal banner based on ninjas?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Feh Channel up:

-Pirates versus Ninjas!
-Zihark, Navarre, Laevateinn, Hana and our Duo hero is Lyn & Florina. hears the groans in the distance
-New Ninja Brave weapons that actually give +4 SPD, but -4 DEF/RES. And thankfully, like Brave weapons, they aren't refine-able. But they are slightly stronger than Brave weapons.
-New Game quality setting called "Recommended" between High Quality and Lite Quality.
-Increase in number of Teams, Reserve Teams, Skill Sets and Brigades.
-New mode called Pawns of Loki. Utilises Forma units, with the first match being based on your brigade units. Gives Dragonflowers, Orbs, Refining Stones, Sacred Coins, and the Limited Skill Scrolls, as well as additional Orbs and Feathers.
-Celebratory events that gives 90 of each Dragon Flower, 40 Grails, 40 Trait Fruit, and 22 Orbs.
-6 Skill banners coming back.

Well, I was wondering why I had a gut feeling to start saving Orbs. 7th Lyn aside(since Nifl Lyn is a costume for Regular Lyn), the new Ninja weapons could be rather interesting. And the increase in available Teams is honestly nice.

Edit: Like, because the Ninja inheritable weapons' are about increasing your ATK/SPD as much as possible for that sweet 4X Attack, with skills like Swift Sparrow 3 and Life & Death 4, as well as Desperation and Divebomb, I'm very curious how this will affect some units, cause I think some speedy Melee characters, especially some Fliers with Divebomb, can take really good advantage of these.

Last edited:

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Feh Channel up:

-Pirates versus Ninjas!
-Zihark, Navarre, Laevateinn, Hana and our Duo hero is Lyn & Florina. hears the groans in the distance
-New Ninja Brave weapons that actually give +4 SPD, but -4 DEF/RES. And thankfully, like Brave weapons, they aren't refine-able. But they are slightly stronger than Brave weapons.
-New Game quality setting called "Recommended" between High Quality and Lite Quality.
-Increase in number of Teams, Reserve Teams, Skill Sets and Brigades.
-New mode called Pawns of Loki. Utilises Forma units, with the first match being based on your brigade units. Gives Dragonflowers, Orbs, Refining Stones, Sacred Coins, and the Limited Skill Scrolls, as well as additional Orbs and Feathers.
-Celebratory events that gives 90 of each Dragon Flower, 40 Grails, 40 Trait Fruit, and 22 Orbs.
-6 Skill banners coming back.

Well, I was wondering why I had a gut feeling to start saving Orbs. 7th Lyn aside(since Nifl Lyn is a costume for Regular Lyn), the new Ninja weapons could be rather interesting. And the increase in available Teams is honestly nice.

Edit: Like, because the Ninja inheritable weapons' are about increasing your ATK/SPD as much as possible for that sweet 4X Attack, with skills like Swift Sparrow 3 and Life & Death 4, as well as Desperation and Divebomb, I'm very curious how this will affect some units, cause I think some speedy Melee characters, especially some Fliers with Divebomb, can take really good advantage of these.
As usual with a Feh Channel, there's quite a bit to unpack here. Thankfully, I'm self-isolating thus have a lot more time to write my thoughts down. I do have to question why a Feh Channel was released on US Election Day if the English FEH Twitter took a break so as not to distract people from the election (presumably).

First, the Special banner, In The Moment. The theme is pretty cool, and I'm glad they didn't go with the obvious character choice of the Hoshido royals and retainers, but as a trade-off we got another Lyn alt instead. A soul for a soul, I guess. The units' stats and skills have already been revealed:
  • The main thing to note about this banner is the new inheritable Ninja weapons - a sword for Zihark, lance for Navarre and axe for Hana. As mentioned before, they mostly powercreep regular Brave weapons by increasing Spd instead of decreasing it, which is a massive deal when most good Brave weapon users are looking to quad with high Spd.
  • Lyn and Laevatein have PRF weapons: Lyn's is a Ninja dagger with an added Slaying effect, while Laevatein's is a dual-phase Brave axe with an added half-Bladetome effect (grants 50% of total bonuses instead of the usual 100%).
  • To befit this theme and these weapons, these units are seriously fast: Hana has 40 base Spd, while Lyn, Zihark and Navarre have 42 base Spd, on top of +4 Spd from their weapons. As expected, they have comparatively low Def and Res, escalated by their weapons' -4 Def/Res. The only exception is Laevatein, who has 18 base Spd on top of -5 Spd from her weapon, but 37/34 Def/Res.
  • Zihark, Navarre and Hana are infantries, while Lyn and Laevatein are fliers.
  • Lyn has Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 3 (wow so creative), Chill Atk/Def and Spd/Def Rein. Zihark has Astra, Chill Spd and Spd/Def Gap. Laevatein has Miracle, Distant Ward, Vantage and Atk/Def Rein. Navarre has Moonbow, Flashing Blade 4 and Lull Spd/Def. Hana has Glimmer, Life and Death and Wrath.
  • Lyn and Florina's Duo skill refreshes themselves once per map. Possibly one of the weaker Duo skills, but that says a lot about how good Duo skills are.
  • Zihark is likely the 4* Focus, while Hana is the Tempest Trials reward.
I likely won't summon on this banner: I still have only 100 Orbs, I doubt I could make good use of the new weapons and I'm not a big fan of another Lyn alt.

Next, the new mode, Pawns of Loki. From what I can gather, this mode takes the phrase 'anime chess' literally and throws units into a game similar to regular chess. While I don't know much of it, this is looking to be one of the better recent game modes according to many players I've seen. The rewards do look very nice, even if I would like more Trait Fruits. On a side note, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if IS have already retired Frontline Phalanx after one try.

Now, some smaller quality of life changes. Recommended quality is something I've wanted for a while due to playing on a measly 16GB 2016 iPhone SE, and I'll definitely use it... for the few weeks before I upgrade to a 64GB Android, at which point I'll use Full quality. More Team and Skill Set slots are a very welcome change, skill banners are skill banners, and the celebratory event has some very nice rewards. All in all, decent Feh Channel; at least there wasn't anything outright offensive like the February 2020 Feh Channel.

Edit: Added 'once per map' to the part about N!Lyn's Duo skill. Also removed 'Forma' from the Pawns of Loki segment since that game mode uses units from your Barracks and not Forma units.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So stats:

Lyn Superboons: ATK/RES | Banes: SPD/HP
Zihark Superboons: SPD/RES | Banes: DEF
Laevateinn Superboons: ATK/DEF | Banes: HP/SPD
Navarre Superboons: ATK/SPD | Banes: HP
Hana Superboons: SPD/DEF | Banes: RES

So Hana has Superboons, meaning she's one of the best scoring Infantry units you can get for Arena. And she is a great unit herself stat-wise. Heck, with a choice between a SPD and DEF Superboon, you can choose to either add more to her crazy high SPD or make her a good omnitank.

That aside, Refines for old characters as well:

-Micaiah's refine for Thani: At the start of combat, if her HP is above 50%, she gets +5 ATK & RES and gets a guaranteed follow-up attack. Pretty straightforward and useful.
-Valter's Weapon takes him from Fury 2 to Fury 3 while keeping his Slaying effect. His Refine gives him +5 ATK/SPD/DEF when under 100% HP or the foe has a penalty and it also adds a Guard effect too.
-Robin fans in therapy, as Fae's weapon gives her "When she is within 2 spaces of an ally at the start of the turn, Fae and all ally units within 2 spaces get +5 to all stats." Her Refine gives her Steady Breath and -4 ATK/RES on foe when she has a Bonus active on her. It is an incredible support weapon while still giving her a Steady Breath effect, allowing her A-slot to have Distant Counter. Fae easily got the best of the bunch.
-Elise's weapon gives her +3 SPD, a first for new weapons, as well as Wrathful Staff and Gravity effect. Her Refine gives -4 to all stats to a foe if Elise is within 2 spaces of that foe when she or an ally initiate combat against that foe.

So everybody got amazing refines. And Fae's really shows how outdated some old refines on old characters are, as her weapon really shows how outdated both Robins' Tactical Gale are.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Welp before the Legendary Banner ended I rushed through most of the Multi-Map challenges I've been putting off and managed to get TWO Dimitris and Chroms. Still need three Dimitris but I feel a little bit better about how things have went down. My luck during the last few days proved much better. Maybe, just MAYBE I'll pull for the last Chrom some time in the future.

CYL5 winners will be announced during/after Dimitri's return. Hopefully I can spend the next half year saving for either Felix, Marianne, or Bernadetta. If they all lose, I guess I'd just wait for CYL4 Claude and Edelgard reruns to merge them up. Or save to get Byleth and Rhea duo since I skipped them.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The next New Heroes banner set to release this Tuesday at 1 AM Central is revealed to be a Binding Blade banner! The characters that are featured are Melady, Dieck, Merlinus, Guinivere.

• Melady comes with a new skill called Wyvern Flight which inflicts a varied Chill Atk/Def based on a 50% difference of Defense between her and opponent and activates if her speed is greater than the foe's speed -10,
  • Dieck has the power crept Close Def 4, along with an axe that can boost all of his stats by 5 if he imitates combat or if he is 2 spaces away from an ally, and can even make a guaranteed follow-up attack if the foe has 100% HP.
  • Merlinus is the 4-star demote, and he is the first dagger cavalier that is summonable in the normal banners.
  • Guinivere has an exclusive tome that has effectiveness against mages. Yes, you heard that right: we now have a weapon that is effective against mages! Said tome also gives her +5 boost to her attack, speed, & resistance and disables skills that calculate damage based on the lower of defense or resistance if she initiates combat or she is two spaces away from an ally.
  • Galle is the GHB.
The final story chapter is also here, and we see comments alluding to Alfonse's death. Considering what last chapter's cliffhanger was too, the buildup to Book V is really intensifying!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
  • Guinivere has an exclusive tome that has effectiveness against mages. Yes, you heard that right: we now have a weapon that is effective against mages! Said tome also gives her +5 boost to her attack, speed, & resistance and disables skills that calculate damage based on the lower of defense or resistance if she initiates combat or she is two spaces away from an ally.
That's not entirely new. Halloween Sakura had the Kitty Paddle dagger weapon that gave effectiveness against Tome units. Although Guinevere's tome may be the first PRF to have the Tome effectiveness.

Also, the nice thing is that lately, Male characters haven't been entirely plainly weaker than the female characters lately. Like sure, Merlinus is still weak even if he's our first 3-4 Star Cavalry Dagger in the Summon Pool, but Dieck actually got the PRF treatment compared to Melady.

Last edited:

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
The next New Heroes banner set to release this Tuesday at 1 AM Central is revealed to be a Binding Blade banner! The characters that are featured are Melady, Dieck, Merlinus, Guinivere.

• Melady comes with a new skill called Wyvern Flight which inflicts a varied Chill Atk/Def based on a 50% difference of Defense between her and opponent and activates if her speed is greater than the foe's speed -10,
  • Dieck has the power crept Close Def 4, along with an axe that can boost all of his stats by 5 if he imitates combat or if he is 2 spaces away from an ally, and can even make a guaranteed follow-up attack if the foe has 100% HP.
  • Merlinus is the 4-star demote, and he is the first dagger cavalier that is summonable in the normal banners.
  • Galle is the GHB.
The final story chapter is also here, and we see comments alluding to Alfonse's death. Considering what last chapter's cliffhanger was too, the buildup to Book V is really intensifying!
While I know just about nothing about The Binding Blade, I'm pretty sure Guinivere is crucial to the plot, so in that sense it's a bit surprising she was this late to Heroes (though in order to recruit her in The Binding Blade, you have to beat the game 9 times). Otherwise, I can't really comment on the character choices.
  • Melady, along with the aforementioned Wyvern Flight, comes with Instant Lance+ - a lance version of Melee Bouquet+ - Bonfire and Atk/Def Solo 4. Being a 5*, I think she should have a PRF, but I'm convinced IS believe Flight skills are overpowered for some reason - remember that Fiora, the only unit so far to come with Pegasus Flight, was also a 5*, had no PRF either and came with Fury 3 when Fury 4 was out for almost a year. I believe Pegasus Flight to be generally better than Wyvern Flight, but it depends on the user's statline.
  • Dieck is an axe infantry who also has Luna, Null Follow-Up and Threat Atk/Def 3. I feel he's just about the same as every melee infantry released in the past year: presumably high Spd and Def, a PRF that gives an easy +5 to every stat, and either NFU or Evasion somewhere in their kit.
  • Merlinus has Smoke Dagger+, Reposition, Wings of Mercy and Distant Guard. He is shown with 50 HP, the highest HP on a ranged unit, the highest on a cavalry unit and the 5th highest on a unit in general. Apparently he's a joke character in a similar way to Jorge.
  • Guinivere is a blue mage infantry who comes with, Aureola - the aforementioned PRF tome - as well as Iceberg, Atk/Res Push 4, Lull Atk/Res and Joint Drive Res. Her kit is definitely focused on stacking Atk and Res, and I also heard she has high Spd. Her art is amazing, even having unique attack and special art, and her English voice actor - Erika Harlacher - also voices Ann from Persona 5, formally making Ann the last Phantom Thief to share English VAs with a Fire Emblem character.
  • Galle is a GHB male flier with Guard Lance+. Where have I heard that one before? ...I actually don't think IS have that much bias against male characters, unlike what r/FireEmblemHeroes insists. A decent amount of people will still spend Grails on him simply for being a Gen 5 melee flier, thus being viable in Arena.

While I'd love to summon for Guinivere... I haven't been enjoying this game much anymore. Yes, I know, everyone at one point makes these rant posts about how they're quitting the game because of powercreep and the like. This realisation came to me just this weekend, when I started another gacha game, Genshin Impact, and was having a blast with it when I realised FEH wasn't very fun to me. Maybe it's the gameplay not being my cup of tea, maybe it's the PvP being a complete mess, maybe it's the story not enticing me. I decided today to make a deal: if Alfonse is brought back in the Book 4 finale, or if Triandra or Freyja are the next Mythic Hero, I'll formally quit Fire Emblem Heroes. If not, I'll still probably quit eventually.

Oh, and even if I wasn't considering quitting? I got a new phone two weeks ago and learned the hard way that, upon transferring FEH save data from an iOS device to an Android device, you lose all your Orbs. I assume this is due to App Store or Play Store policies.

Edit:
The last chapter of Book 4 was phenomenal. Sharena having to deal with losing Alfonse and Peony upon returning to the real world presented a moral dilemma that gave tons of much-needed character development to her and, for once, made me empathize with this game's characters. It all lead to this legitimately sad final moment where Kiran has to blow the horn to defeat Freyja after being told it will get rid of the álfar world as if it never existed, thus they will remember all the things they've seen but never be able to see them again.

But this is Fire Emblem Heroes; of course the final part had to come in and undo all this progress for the sake of a happy ending. Turns out it truly was 'all a dream' so none of it actually mattered. Alfonse was alive all along, as many feared, but the writers somehow managed to make that even worse by bringing back all the álfar, meaning all that aforementioned exposition with Sharena and Peony was for nothing. There's a theory that, since Book 4 begins and ends with the same scene of Alfonse meeting Peony, that they might still be stuck in a dream, but given that this is the last chapter and Freyja (oh yeah, she's back too, but not Freyr) gave up and set Triandra and Plumeria free, I doubt it'll go anywhere. Even then, it'd be convoluted and likely end up as another repetition of Book 4's events.

More importantly for me, Alfonse being brought back fulfils one of my conditions for quitting this game. I know this may seem upsetting to you, and I now realise that deal I proposed was kind of ridiculous, but I decided in my head I was probably going to quit anyway. I'll link my Reddit post on the matter here as it explains everything (I even made sure to shout you guys out). But yeah, I'm formally quitting Fire Emblem Heroes now. I'm uninstalling the game from my phone, leaving r/FireEmblemHeroes and even leaving this thread. Thank you, thread, for being a nice place to share opinions on this game, and I'm again sorry for leaving you, but I think it's time for me to move on.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The new Mythic Hero banner has been revealed! We are getting not one, but two new Mythic Heroes: Triandra AND Freyja!

Not much to say about Triandra since we already knew most of her skills from the times we fought her in Book IV, but Freyja... dear god, she is probably going to become the new most OP unit in the game thanks to that extremely powerful personal B-skill of hers.

The other units in this banner are Legendary Eliwood, Sothis, Brave Lysinthea, Legendary Tiki, Legendary Azura, Apotheosis Anna, Hel, Legendary Leif, Legendary Corrin, and Shinon.

I don't know if I'll pull anything from this banner, but one thing I will say is that I am already dreading the upcoming MHB: we will probably have to deal with both Triandra AND Freyja in one map. Yikes!

Ivander

Smash Legend
The new Mythic Hero banner has been revealed! We are getting not one, but two new Mythic Heroes: Triandra AND Freyja!

Not much to say about Triandra since we already knew most of her skills from the times we fought her in Book IV, but Freyja... dear god, she is probably going to become the new most OP unit in the game thanks to that extremely powerful personal B-skill of hers.

The other units in this banner are Legendary Eliwood, Sothis, Brave Lysinthea, Legendary Tiki, Legendary Azura, Apotheosis Anna, Hel, Legendary Leif, Legendary Corrin, and Shinon.

I don't know if I'll pull anything from this banner, but one thing I will say is that I am already dreading the upcoming MHB: we will probably have to deal with both Triandra AND Freyja in one map. Yikes!
At least we know that there aren't any new mechanics for new Mythics like Legendary Heroes. Triandra gives a SPD boost for her Blessing effect, just like Yune. Unlike when Legendary Heroes got Pair-Up.
But yeah, Freyja is definitely going to be an issue. At the very least though, she's Light-based, which means she won't appear much in AR-D teams, but will appear alot in AR-O teams. She'll definitely be a problem for Buff-focused AR-D teams. And the only ones who look like they could do something about her without buffs are Fallen Ike, Brave Lysithea, Caeda, Spring Idunn and maybe Tharja.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209

Just popping in to say thank you, IS, for going out of your way to make all three of my quit conditions true. 🙃

Edit: Changed the emote at the end from :).

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Damn if I wasn't a slave to Three Houses I'd be giving everything to pulling Green on that banner. Freyja and Hel would be nice additions.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, like Book III, here's the ending video for Book IV.

And in case you are wondering about what Niðavellir is, it is the home of the Dwarves in Norse Mythology. If they continue the trend of female free units, we may get a Dwarven female. Whether or not they give us a male dwarf instead or we do get an actual female dwarf is the real question, cause as we all know, there's an important detail needed for a true Dwarf female.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, new update summary:
-SteamPunk feel for the next book. No female dwarves with beards, but that said, they look akin to Nordic dwarves in which they were like another kind of dark elf. Obviously, they are very mechanical-based. Our free Hero is Reignn, who is a Cavalry Sword Astra Mythic Unit while the main enemy we are going up against is named Fafnir, obviously based on Fafnir, whereas Reignn is based on Regin.
-Sacred Stones banner, with Natasha, Selena, Duessal alongside Reignn, while we get Knoll as a free 3/4-Star akin to Emmeryn and Caellach is the upcoming GHB.
-New Aether Raid changes. Having a Mythic Hero in your team will prevent you from losing score once as if you did not lose one Unit. Goes for both Offense and Defense teams. This applies to any Mythic Hero.
-New Mythic effect that will come with new Mythic Heroes starting with Reignn. In the case for Reignn, it will allow you to use an additional unit, but that unit has to be either another Mythic Hero that is Astra or Anima or a Legendary Hero who's element is alongside the Astra/Anima Season if I read it correctly. I don't know if characters with Astra or Anime Blessings can be selected. It is unknown if this will apply to Defense teams later when an Anima or Dark Mythic comes later.
Honestly, it's not a bad effect nor is it a very needful effect. Like while more units may sound good, but it's a double-edged sword that can potentially mess with your placements or formations and as far as I know, the extra unit can only be a Mythic or Legendary Unit who's element is on the Weekly Elements. In the case for Defense teams, while 7 enemies sounds like a big threat, having 7 units on the Defense team also means more possibility of that team having their formation broken more easily.
-New changes for Summoning. Alongside the Pity Rating being shown during the Summoning Sequence, getting a 5-Star Hero that isn't a Focus Unit will only decrease the whole Summon percentage by 1.00%. Basically, if you were at say, 4.75% for both 5-Star Focus and 5-Star and you get a non-Focus Hero, the percentage will lower to 3.75%. Basically, this should decrease the number of Orbs you use if you end up getting Pity-broken, same with if you're going for Merges.
-New holiday Heroes teased. And with their Banner, will come a Special Spark system for them that will allow you to get a Focus Hero up to 3 times. But like the Spark system, only if you summon up to 40 times each.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Christmas banner for this year has been revealed! The featured units are a mix of Tellius and Three Houses characters for this year, notably being Sephiran, Bernadetta, Hilda, and Altina+Sanaki as the Harmonized unit. Felix as a blue bow user will also be the TT unit.

Sephiran is our second armored healer with a new interesting healing skill, Bernadetta is a Christmas Cavalier with a pretty funny attack animation, Hilda is the 4-star demote of the banner, and Altina+Sanaki's Harmonized Skill grants Vantage.

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Hilda being the 4-star demote is a shock considering her popularity.
-Sephiran's C-skill will be pretty interesting. Not just the Penalty removal, but also the Renewal effect, considering the characters don't need a Penalty to activate the "restore 20 HP" effect.
-Altina and Sanaki being a Harmonized Hero, while fitting, is also odd considering it feels less like the other Harmonized Heroes and more like a Duo unit since they are from the same set of games. That said, ATK/RES Unity is here now alongisde ATK/DEF Unity.
-Bernadetta's PRF is going to be a game-changer. Like that -1HP damage for any character within two spaces of her at full health is a huge deal for any character who has a PRF/skill that requires them to be under 100% HP. Weapons like Sealed Falchion, Dark Spikes T, Cursed Lance, Persecution Bow, etc. It also foils character's PRFs or skills that require the foe to be at 100% HP, cause if they are fighting against a team with this Bernadetta, they won't get the benefit of the foe's 100% HP since none of the foes will be at 100%. It's a huge deal for characters with <100%HP weapons and since Bernadetta is a Green Tome, there are alot of non-Greens who can work really well beside her, and it also helps that some of them are Cavalry units like her.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, double-post, but good lord, these TT Seals:

I don't want to expect Fort. DEF/RES being able to get to Level 3 and that it may only go up to Fort. DEF/RES 2, but it'll be insane if they do allow it to go up to 3. Mystic Boost is also another really good skill for a Seal.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

I don't want to expect Fort. DEF/RES being able to get to Level 3 and that it may only go up to Fort. DEF/RES 2, but it'll be insane if they do allow it to go up to 3. Mystic Boost is also another really good skill for a Seal.
Does it stack with normal mystic boost? My Midori could use that extra 12 HP recovery quite well.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

We haven’t gotten a yellow border seal yet so I am pretty sure it won’t go up to 3.

Stoked about Freelix. Was hoping for it when people were speculating that silhouette was him, though I felt it was highly unlikely someone like him would be free, let alone another 3H freebie so soon.

As grateful as I am, damn do I really not need another blue unit right now... IS, let us change bow colors via some new currency in a future update please lol. For the first time in my history of playing I actually want more red units.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Our next Legendary Hero has been revealed: it's Lilina!

That's right, another case where the Legendary Hero is not a lord, but a major character from their respective game.

Legendary Lilina is a red tome cavalier, and a pretty strong one at that, with a kit designed to land one powerful strike to land a KO.

The other characters to pull in this banner are Tiandra, Reginn, Peony, Brave Dimitri, Gatrie, Legendary Celica, Brave Edelgard, Jill, Duma, Bramimond, and Brave Claude.

Red seems to be the color of choice for this particular banner.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Apologies for the double post, but we have another new banner on the way: this one is the upcoming New Years banner!

Featured are the Book IV OCs and the rest of the beastkin characters from Fates: Plumeria, Velouria, Kaden, and Peony+Tiandra as the duo unit. Kaden is the 4-star demote of the banner, and Keaton will be the TT unit (the trailer didn't get to show his sprite either).

What's interesting this time is that this banner will actually merge with last year's New Years banner, so there will be 8 units to pull this time.

As a huge Kaden fan, I'm very happy to see he is the 4-star demote! That should make him easier to pull! We'll see how many copies of him I can pull. Hopefully it'll be enough for a fully merged unit!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Apologies for the double post, but we have another new banner on the way: this one is the upcoming New Years banner!

Featured are the Book IV OCs and the rest of the beastkin characters from Fates: Plumeria, Velouria, Kaden, and Peony+Tiandra as the duo unit. Kaden is the 4-star demote of the banner, and Keaton will be the TT unit (the trailer didn't get to show his sprite either).

What's interesting this time is that this banner will actually merge with last year's New Years banner, so there will be 8 units to pull this time.

As a huge Kaden fan, I'm very happy to see he is the 4-star demote! That should make him easier to pull! We'll see how many copies of him I can pull. Hopefully it'll be enough for a fully merged unit!
Furries and Fairies abound.

At least the 6% chance is something to look forward to.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The next New Heroes banner set to release this Friday has been revealed! Thracia 776 will be featured in this banner, and the new characters to pull are Asbel (Green Mage), Ronan (Blue Archer), Miranda (Red Mage), and Sara (a healer). All four characters are infantry units.

Veld, the final boss of Thracia 776, will be the GHB for the upcoming banner.

It also looks like we will be fighting Fafnir in the next story chapter, and he appears to be a lance cavalier (not surprising; he completes the weapon triangle with his other two siblings).

Banner looks like an easy skip for me. Nothing too interesting to pull here.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The special heroes banner for this month has been revealed! It's themed around Plegia, and it features characters from various FE titles: Tharja, Katarina, Raphael, and Dorothea+Lene as the Harmonized duo unit. Male Kris as an axe cavalier is the TT unit:

Ivander

Smash Legend
The special heroes banner for this month has been revealed! It's themed around Plegia, and it features characters from various FE titles: Tharja, Katarina, Raphael, and Dorothea+Lene as the Harmonized duo unit. Male Kris as an axe cavalier is the TT unit:

Tharja-like outfits for everyone! Actually, the black+gold color scheming is nice, and it's not bad to see some male fanservice as well.

That said:
-I am frickin' shocked that Male Kris somehow got an Alt and before his female counterpart too, considering Female Byleth got her first Alt before Male Byleth and it was a Summer Alt too.
-It is a pain that Male Kris is another frickin' Free Axe user. Like, they have really been heavy-hitting on the Axe Free units. But on the other hand, Male Kris is a Cavalry Axe user. Pirate Veronica was the first Cavalry Axe unit since Walhart and now we are getting Kris after last getting Veronica in September. There are incredibly few Axe Cavalry units, being only 7 in the game now and Male Kris being our 8th one. So......I guess it's kinda cool? Like it sucks we are getting another Free Axe unit, but he is a Unit type that has very few units with an Axe.
-On one hand, I don't think Micaiah should get another Alt, but on the other hand, it's a missed opportunity for Micaiah to not have a Plegia outfit after she had her DLC in Awakening.

Edit: I just realised that Dorothea has not yet gotten her normal form in Heroes and yet she has two Alts already. And both are fan-service alts. Wonder how Dorothea fans feel about it.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Edit: I just realised that Dorothea has not yet gotten her normal form in Heroes and yet she has two Alts already. And both are fan-service alts. Wonder how Dorothea fans feel about it.
Honestly, I would've preferred if Lene was taking the lead in this Harmonized Duo instead of Dorothea because Genealogy rarely gets seasonal alts and Three Houses has been getting a lot of seasonal attention lately, so it would be nice if the Genealogy character had the bigger focus in this particular Harmonized Duo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Choose Your Legends is NOW, so you know what that means...

MORE CHOOSE YOUR LEGENDS PROPOGANDA.

anyway click on my signature below and you'll be taken to the CYL5 page. Make your votes count, guys.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Choose Your Legends is NOW, so you know what that means...

MORE CHOOSE YOUR LEGENDS PROPOGANDA.

anyway click on my signature below and you'll be taken to the CYL5 page. Make your votes count, guys.
Oh, I didn't even know CYL5 started today. Thanks for the update!

I've got a few characters I'd rather vote for (gotta give my boys Takumi, Conrad, Chrom, and Dedue their chance to shine now that Dimitri got his Brave alt last year), but I do hope that Marth will finally get his Brave alt. He definitely deserves it for being the first lord after all.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
CYL5 Midterm Results:

Gatekeeper may actually win. I have a feeling Chrom is going to usurp him now because of these results.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
CYL5 Midterm Results:

Gatekeeper may actually win. I have a feeling Chrom is going to usurp him now because of these results.
If Gatekeeper wins I will officially get back into this game.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
CYL5 Midterm Results:

Yeah, as a huge Chrom fan, I find it annoying a meme character will potentially rob him from getting a brave alt yet again this year. >_>

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just remember to be respectful. Because some others aren't and taking it a bit too far.

Some people really need to chill and take a reality check in regards to video game characters and their voice actors.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
In other news, our next Mythic Hero has been revealed: it's Seiros from Three Houses!

She is an infantry blue manakete with Mirror Impact and two new Exclusive skills: Dragon Wall 3 and Wings of Light. Dragon Wall 3 has an area-of-effect Special reduction effect, while Wings of Light can provide stat boosts to ally Mythic Heroes from turns 1 to 5 of battle (the stat boosted number to all four stats corresponds with the turn number of the battle). Her weapon can allow her to deal more and make a guaranteed follow-up attack on the player phase, while it can also increase her Def/Res and nullify enemy follow-up attacks on the enemy phase. Judging by her base skill kit, it seems like she will pack a lot of Res.

Also worth noting that Seiros is the 2nd of the new kind of Mythic Heroes where they can fill the 6th added slot in AR Offense and the 7th added slot in AR Defense in the corresponding season (the first of which to do so was Reginn).

The other characters to pull in this banner are Legendary Roy, Líf, Catherine, Legendary Julia, Legendary Dimitri, Yune, Thrasir, Dieck, Legendary Alm, Eir, and Flayn.

Not bad for a Mythic Hero banner.

Top Bottom