• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wanted a couple from the blue summer units and actually got one of them: Lyn. Nice to get something while I continue to wait for August.

IMG_5288.PNG

...Is it August yet?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
BREAKING NEWS!

Seliph is the next Legendary Hero! Yes, you heard that right. Seliph finally got an alt!

He is a sword cavalier with a very solid base skill set. His weapon, Virtuous Tyrfing, gives him a +3 Res boost and lets him inflict a hefty Atk/Def debut of -6 on his foe if either the foe initiates combat or Seliph isn't at full health; the weapon also lets him heal 7 damage if he manages to deal damage during combat. His default skill set is Distant Counter as his A-skill, a personal B-skill in the form of Holy War's End where he can make a guaranteed follow-up attack before a foe's counterattack if he is at or greater than half health and the foe initates combat, and Joint Hone Def as his C-skill. Judging by Ignis being his default special, he will likely be packed with lots of Defense. Overall, he is designed to be an enemy-phase tank for cavalier teams.

The other units in this banner are Sothis, Mirabillis, Legendary Chrom, Legendary Azura, Peony, Legendary Lyn, Yune, Ced, Legendary Robin, Duma, and Eleonora.

I failed to pull Legendary Chrom in his initial appearance, so I'm hoping I will finally get the chance to pull him in this banner. Wouldn't mind pulling another Legendary Azura or too for blue. If no blue orbs are available, I'll probably go for the red orbs and see if I can pull Legendary Seliph or maybe another Sothis or two.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
BREAKING NEWS!

Seliph is the next Legendary Hero! Yes, you heard that right. Seliph finally got an alt!

He is a sword cavalier with a very solid base skill set. His weapon, Virtuous Tyrfing, gives him a +3 Res boost and lets him inflict a hefty Atk/Def debut of -6 on his foe if either the foe initiates combat or Seliph isn't at full health; the weapon also lets him heal 7 damage if he manages to deal damage during combat. His default skill set is Distant Counter as his A-skill, a personal B-skill in the form of Holy War's End where he can make a guaranteed follow-up attack before a foe's counterattack if he is at or greater than half health and the foe initates combat, and Joint Hone Def as his C-skill. Judging by Ignis being his default special, he will likely be packed with lots of Defense. Overall, he is designed to be an enemy-phase tank for cavalier teams.

The other units in this banner are Sothis, Mirabillis, Legendary Chrom, Legendary Azura, Peony, Legendary Lyn, Yune, Ced, Legendary Robin, Duma, and Eleonora.

I failed to pull Legendary Chrom in his initial appearance, so I'm hoping I will finally get the chance to pull him in this banner. Wouldn't mind pulling another Legendary Azura or too for blue. If no blue orbs are available, I'll probably go for the red orbs and see if I can pull Legendary Seliph or maybe another Sothis or two.
IS pulled a pro gamer move

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, unsurprisingly, there is a Three Houses Summer Banner. It's not that surprising that they would want to take advantage of 3H's popularity. Now I wonder who's going to be on the Ban-
*F!Byleth/Rhea Duo*
Wander.to.Kyozou.full.336648.jpg

Well, I didn't want to go onto Twitter/Reddit/etc anyway.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, unsurprisingly, there is a Three Houses Summer Banner. It's not that surprising that they would want to take advantage of 3H's popularity. Now I wonder who's going to be on the Ban-
*F!Byleth/Rhea Duo*
View attachment 277457
My man Sylvain is looking good in those shades! I'll likely try pulling for him.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
*F!Byleth/Rhea Duo*
View attachment 277457
For one of Three Houses's most important characters, I'm surprised to see Rhea get shafted so hard she ends up being another Elice - relegated to the cheerleader for a seasonal Duo unit. I would've expected her to be given a proper debut on a normal banner or possibly even as a Mythic, but we've had a lot of odd decisions from IS these past few months, so don't really expect anything 'normal'. Note that I don't like units debuting on seasonal banners as a whole - just look at Charlotte.

Moving on to the units themselves:
  • Ingrid looks pretty good, especially with her PRF's bonus and healing. This banner focuses a lot on these new 'during unit's first combat' skills, including the new B skill Guard Bearing. While they're a fresh concept, I sadly don't think they'll be used often since they're a one-time (technically two-time) use and the reward is comparable to other persistent skills (Hidden Thorns and Melon Float are comparable to the Atk/Res Push and Mystic Boost combo, while Guard Bearing is comparable to Close Call, Repel or Urvan, but locked to melee fliers as opposed to melee infantries). Still, they could have some great (albeit situational) uses. Starpoint Lance is easily the best one of these new skills, which makes sense for a PRF that's locked to a rare seasonal unit. She also comes with Sturdy Impact for good measure.
  • Not much to say about Dorothea, other than Atk Cantrip basically being an inheritable version of Whimsical Dream's debuff effect.
  • Of course Sylvain, the one male on the banner, is a demote. At this rate, I should stop complaining about male demotes as I know it'll happen. Hovever, he seems to be one of the best demotes. Having Chill Res 3 and Rouse Atk/Def 3 on a demote is very nice and generous, since they were 5* locked before and the latter is only available on two other units (Edelgard and Mareeta).
  • S!Byleth looks about as good as to be expected from a Duo unit: premium skills, a good PRF and a Duo skill. Like Y!Palla and S!Mia, this Duo skill is weaker, but can be used multiple times. Their PRF makes them very good Windsweep users. Finally, Ruptured Sky, Atk/Spd Push 4 and Ground Orders are very good fodder in case you don't like the unit.
  • Lorenz, the Tempest Trials unit, is another S!Leo. His stats are low, his tome (Conch Bouquet+) is literally Sylvain's Melon Float+ but red, and to add insult to injury, he comes with Pivot, Fire Boost and Even Res Wave. Hecking Fire Boost. At least we can save our Grails for better units.
Overall, I'm not interested in this banner and need to save up Orbs for future ones.

Finally, my recent summoning experiences. I think I've spent about 70 Orbs on L!Seliph's banner, and I got a L!Azura, another Mirabilis and two Sothises (more unreasonably good luck). L!Azura is a massive carry for AR-D and PvE, and I love how obnoxious she is even at 0 merges. I merged Mirabilis into my existing one, which did get rid of her Atk bane, but now I lose less lift with her and Thrasir on my AR-D. I did the same with Sothis, but I didn't have another Dark Mythic and didn't realise this was a bad idea as now I lose much more Lift. I've decided to stop summoning on this banner as the only unit I now want from there is Sothis, who is mysteriously getting a rerun in early August outside of a Legendary or Mythic banner, so I'll probably have better odds of getting her there. I'll also want to save for CYL later that month, which probably means summoning less for Sothis.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
*F!Byleth/Rhea Duo*
View attachment 277457
Oh s*** not again.
Well, I didn't want to pull for this anyways.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And yet another Legendary Hero banner, Legendary Chrom just had to evade again. Nothing two more Legendary Azuras and Peonies prior, with a Legendary Seliph on the cherry on top for the final day.

First this, then Skadi not showing up in what was basically the most pathetic and uneventful summoning rounds I ever had in FGO.

I guess gacha games officially hate me now.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I managed to get all of the Summer units except for Byleth/Rhea. I was sniping red/colorless and eventually got Dorothea while I actually got Ingrid and Sylvain by pure luck when there were no red orbs left.

Also I got too carried away and blew my entire +1,000 orb stash chasing Byleth/Rhea while completely forgetting CYL4 is in a few months... I'll just quote Alm on this (major SoV spoilers).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I was afraid FEH would pull a 3H banner right before the CYL winners in order to bait people saving for it to unleash their hoard early.

It's unfortunate but I have no choice to just watch this banner go by despite wanting all four of them.

Lorenz is appreciated as a freebie, although I really wish he wasn't a red tome infantry. Even if I choose to invest in him I would never use him over Tharja. A shame.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Next New Heroes banner is on its way! New Mystery of the Emblem is the focus again, this time featuring both Male and Female Kris, Julian, and Lena. Eremiya is the GHB.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Next New Heroes banner is on its way! New Mystery of the Emblem is the focus again, this time featuring both Male and Female Kris, Julian, and Lena. Eremiya is the GHB.

Now all we're missing from the Avatar character collection is Mark.

Pretty cool to see both Kris', Julian and Lena.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209

Kris in Heroes was kind of overdue at this point, even if many people hate them. Worth noting is that it is the 10th anniversary of New Mystery of the Emblem today, so they were probably saving them for this moment. I'd also like to see how they handle Mark in the future, just so we can have all the avatars in Heroes (inb4 they add summonable Kiran before Mark).

In terms of the units themselves, I don't have much to talk about since their stats aren't out yet, so I'll probably edit this once they do:
  • The Krises are your typical evasion (Close Call/Repel) users, having a weapon with built-in slaying, penalty neutralisation and -5 stat reduction (but not to Res, which doesn't matter as they're physical units). This also means they're probably going to be powercrept soon (in fact, they may already be). However, they come with a new form of evasion, Spurn, which trades movement for mini-Wrath (+5 damage to special at <75% HP instead of +10 and -1 cooldown). Since not a lot of people use the movement effects of Close Call and Repel, this will definitely be of use, but I'd still hold on to your existing CC/R fodder because these skills all have the same main purpose and are very valuable. M!Kris also comes with Joint Drive Atk while F!Kris has Fury 4 and Rouse Spd/Res 3.
  • Julian has good fodder with Caltrop Dagger+ (a reskinned Dusk Uchiwa+, which we can already get from Divine Codes), Close Foil and Lull Atk/Spd.
  • Lena is the typical infantry healer: demote, no PRF, Def/Res 2, Atk Ploy 3, hecking Heavenly Light. This has been said to death now, but common pool healers need to be treated better, now that other weapon groups are getting very solid f2p options. The lack of PRFs for 3/4* healers means they only compete in stats, and given the nature of powercreep in this game, the newer units are going to beat the older ones in stats.
  • And as if Lena wasn't enough, we also have another PRF-less infantry healer as our GHB unit! At least Eremiya is our first staff unit summonable with Grails, in case you have a 'no Orb spending' alt account or something.
Overall, great fodder from the Krises and Julian, but probably not exceptional units in use. I won't summon on this banner too much since I need to save my Orbs up (probably for Festival in Hoshido's rerun so I can obtain the last Infinity Mic).

Edit: Banner is out, and my free summon on blue was a 5*... A!M!Corrin. Well, I can now make a themed team with the Adrift and Fallen Corrins, and if he just doesn't work, he has Null Follow-Up.

The banner being out also means I can update the unit descriptions:
  • The Krises, as expected, have high Spd, average Def and lower Res, but defensive stats don't really matter when they come with damage reduction. What bothers me is that their base stats are exactly the same, when even the Byleths had slightly different stats. This just seems like whoever decides a unit's stats skipped a day at work.
  • Julian pretty much powercreeps Sothe, trading -3 Res for +1 HP, +2 Atk, +5 Spd and +11 Def. He's a very good Broadleaf Fan and Vantage user who I'd definitely recommend if you're willing to pull for 5* merges.
  • Lena has a nice 37 Res, breaking the record for most Res on a healer. She's on par with the other good infantry healers (Brady, Mercedes, Emmeryn and S!Rhys), sitting at 162 BST and having average Atk and Def, with above-average HP and below-average Spd. She just needs some inheritable skills and she can be very good like the aforementioned infantry healers.
  • Eremiya still isn't anything special: she has 161 BST, but her stat spread is pretty much the same as Emmeryn's (+1/0/+1/0/-3), meaning there isn't anything special she can do like Lena. For a grail unit, she deserved better. Again, if you have a 'no Orb spending' alt, go ahead, otherwise just build an Emmeryn.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Funny. I actually considered buying the Feh Pass to get Robin since I love the Hel designs and he is actually from a game I’ve played and he’s easily accessible for merges.

Then they showed what follows... Olwen.

Absolutely LOVE the design. Might even be my favorite thus far.

But I have no clue who she is, she is rare, and not even considered very useable these days, particularly being in Rein’s three-star shadow.

A bit of an awkward downside to the way they are handling the resplendent forms and the Feh Pass. You get for free three consecutive additions, but what if you only like one of them? The third you don’t even get to know so I better at least like both of what I CAN see imo.

I figured logically they’d at least position their choices in era blocks in a sense. For example, Robin from the 3DS games, meaning Birthright or Conquest could come in and remove all doubt from the newer fans from subscribing even if the third ends up not having anything to do with the 3DS.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So the Forging Bonds for this event are really good. Jakob turns into Gordon Ramsay, the Kris' interactions are priceless, every single thief is having a contest on who can open Ylgrs unlockable box, and Midori makes an appearance. Like this is top tier stuff right here.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It was a long time coming: Hel is finally coming to the summoning pool as the next Mythic Hero!

Her skill set consists of Hel's Reaper (basically Hel's Scythe and Iote's Shield combined), Luna, Distant Counter, Guard Bearing 3, and Inevitable Death. Guard Bearing reduces the foe's first attack by 50% if it's the unit's first turn of enemy phase. Inevitable Death is her unique skill, giving her a Threaten effect for all of the opponent's stats with a debuff of 4.

The other units you can pull in this banner are Legendary Ike, Legendary Roy, Altina, Fjorm, Legendary Tiki, Fiora, Legendary Edelgard, Thrasir, Eir, Fallen Corrin, and Leila.

Banner is an easy skip for me. Good, because I need to gather those orbs from the Hel MHBs to use them for pulling more Summer Takumis (I only need 2 more until he is fully merged!)

Last edited:

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
It was a long time coming: Hel is finally coming to the summoning pool as the next Mythic Hero!

Her skill set consists of Hel's Reaper (basically Hel's Scythe and Iote's Shield combined), Luna, Distant Counter, Guard Bearing 3, and Inevitable Death. Guard Bearing reduces the foe's first attack by 50% if it's the unit's first turn of enemy phase. Inevitable Death is her unique skill, giving her a Threaten effect for all of the opponent's stats with a debuff of 4.

The other units you can pull in this banner are Legendary Ike, Legendary Roy, Altina, Fjorm, Legendary Tiki, Fiora, Legendary Edelgard, Thrasir, Eir, Fallen Corrin, and Leila.

Banner is an easy skip for me. Good, because I need to gather those orbs from the Hel MHBs to use them for pulling more Summer Takumis (I only need 2 more until he is fully merged!)
As someone who's never played a Fire Emblem other than Heroes (I'll get Three Houses soon, I swear!), I wanted this month's mythic to be anyone but Hel. One of the most interesting parts of Mythics for me is getting some insight into the lore of these games, and Heroes OCs don't come with that factor and already have hardly any personality.

Onto the unit herself, she looks... fine. Being a Dark mythic conflicts with most people wanting another Astra mythic due to Astra having only 2. Hel's Reaper (side note, I hate this weapon naming scheme of 'Character's Weapon' since it is super lazy and lacks any emotion) looks very good due to built-in Miracle and Iote's Shield, and Inevitable Death is a less overtuned Surtr's Menace. Distant Counter and Guard Bearing are also nice fodder. She looks to be a bit better than Yune or Sothis, but they aren't much competition; Bramimond is still the best Dark Mythic.

Now, for the rest of the banner, this doesn't look good. All the colours except green have some major letdown (L!Ike, arguably L!Roy, Fjorm, Fiora, arguably Leila), which makes it harder to go for the actually great units on those colours (Altina, L!Tiki, Eir, F!F!Corrin). I'll be skipping this banner, not only because of the selection, but because I'm broke (I spent all my Orbs on the Heroes with Rouse Skills banner looking for a +SPD F!M!Corrin, and now I'm down to 40) and need to save for future banners.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Hel is a Dark Mythic that boosts Def, meaning dancers can more easily contest Mila's Def and therefore escape Mila's Turnwheel. As a result, you'll want to give Mila (and probably your highest Def dancers if you get Hel) Fortress Def/Res and a Fortress Def Seal, and ideally go for a Def boon and merges to maximise their Def.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

I think I'll pass. Sees Fallen Corrin Or perhaps not.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Seen nobody on here talk about the recent Feh Channel and in-game events yet. While I don't actually watch them, I read up on most of their announcements on places like r/FireEmblemHeroes and this thread, and I usually give my opinions on them as a response to someone else posting the video on here. Being the one to start this conversation is a bit awkward. But anyway, here are my opinions:

Wow. IS are really trying to bait us before the CYL banner. They:
  • Dropped a Hero Fest including Sothis, a Mythic Hero, and Duo!Ephraim, a very hard to obtain unit;
  • Started releasing daily Bound Hero Battle banner Revivals;
  • Announced a new set of Weekly Revivals including the CYL2 units;
  • Announced the next seasonal banner, going with a pirate theme and having some possibly broken units
all before even showing the CYL4 units (take a shot every time I said the word 'unit' in that sentence). Thankfully we're being given a lot of First Summon Tickets for the Hero Fest as a log-in bonus, and Weekly Revivals and BHB Revivals are mostly worthless as usual.

On to the pirate banner, like last time, I'll update these descriptions once the full skill descriptions come out:
  • Veronica and Xander are the next Harmonised Hero, finally being some Book 1 acknowledgement after a long time. They are the first axe cavalry unit since Walhart, and are solid so far, having very high Atk and above-average Def while coming with Atk/Def Solo 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3. Going off topic, I find it a little bit jarring that Xander in Book 1 was the only non-OC character to ever impact the main story's plot, and feel there was a bit of missed potential to make other characters from other games also do so.
  • Tibarn also has high Atk, and comes with Galeforce, Heavy Blade 4 and a new B skill seemingly akin to Desperation. He's looking very good and very similar to his normal self so far.
  • The next three are all welcomed to seasonal hell. Brigid is technically our first Genealogy of the Holy War alt, since S!Ishtar is listed as being from Thracia 776. She has high Spd and respectable Def, and comes with Helm Bow+ (a new inheritable weapon), Harsh Command+, Steady Impact and Pulse Smoke. Amazing fodder, but probably not an exceptional unit; typical bait.
    She might be fine from seasonal hell since she's Eyvel, who we already have, under a different name.
  • Geese is weird: on one hand, he comes with Infantry Pulse, but on the other hand, he also comes with Fire Boost (seriously, what is it with IS giving new units Fire Boost? Is this a foreshadowing of tier 4 Boost skills?). Judging by his lacklustre stats, he may be this banner's demote, and if so, IP on a 4* would be excellent given how crucial it is in AR-D.
  • Darros... at this point, I give up on explaining these Tempest Trials units with terrible skills. Shove and Earth Boost on a Book 4 unit is just sad. At least he has somewhat high Def, but when Y!Minerva is a Grail flier with similar Def, higher Spd, a PRF Slaying Axe that gives stat boosts and Guard, and a PRF Iote's Shield that gives further stat boosts, it's clear who the winner is, and it highlights just how unbalanced the game can be. Like S!Lorenz and Eremiya, save your Grails for other units.
Yet again, I'll probably skip this banner so I can save up Orbs for other banners. I only realised how much I say that a few days ago when I was re-reading past posts on this thread.

Now that we're done with banners, we can move on to other topics. While still related to summoning, the general pool for New and Special banners is getting changed to remove most of the 5*s introduced in Book 2. This happened last year with Book 1 units, and is great as it reduces the disappointment of an outdated unit pitybreaking you. I find it hilarious that none of the Heroes OCs are getting removed as part of this.

The CYL2 units are getting refines next month. Most notably, B!Veronica, the one healer who absolutely didn't need a refine, is the first healer to get a refine. I don't feel the CYL2 units needed refines yet, especially the aforementioned B!Veronica, as they have aged pretty well in comparison to the CYL1 units before they got their refines.

The full descriptions for these aren't out yet, but we can theorise from their icons and the few seconds of gameplay footage:
  • B!Celica's is the only one I've seen footage of. It gives her a much-needed Mystic Boost to compliment her Double Lion B skill, as well as post-combat special cooldown reduction so she can consistently trigger Galeforce. Its icon also implies some form of spectrum buffs. This one could make her the B!Ike of the CYL2 gang: not very good at first but god-tier after her refine.
  • B!Hector's seems to have a Null Follow-Up effect to compliment his ability to double on any phase thanks to his weapon's base effect and Bold Fighter. It also likely gives another Atk/Def buff, probably on player phase since Ostian Counter already gives those buffs on enemy phase.
  • B!Ephraim's seems to give spectrum buffs under an HP requirement, which doesn't compliment the rest of his kit unlike the others. Likely the worst of the bunch.
  • B!Veronica's is the hardest to predict. It has a similar icon to M!Corrin's refine but with a rainbow background, indicating a spectrum combat boost to nearby allies. This would essentially be an upgraded version of Close Guard, which she comes with, so it may be worth replacing that skill. Still, this is mostly a guess that could easily be wrong.
Finally, while writing this, the English FEH Twitter posted about an issue in which Book 1 and 2 5*s were appearing on the Hero Fest. This is a big enough issue to seriously warrant compensation Orbs, and could even result in the banner being pulled and everyone's Orbs refunded. I doubt this has happened in the game's lifespan before, so it could be a landmark event. We could even gamble over it: do we spend a load of Orbs on the Hero Fest in anticipation of a refund, or do we keep them in fear of losing them? ...I choose the latter.

Edit: Slight corrections. While researching for the last paragraph, I heard mentions of the 'skill reset bug'. Can anyone tell me what that was?

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm actually a little disappointed that Saber wasn't on the Pirate banner. Maybe it'd be a weird. "out there" pick but he already has an eyepatch. Like, that'd be PERFECT!! And I feel like not many Valentia characters have seasonals... but I could be wrong, I've been falling behind with the Heroes news.

Missed opportunity IS! Put some respect on his name :laugh:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'm actually a little disappointed that Saber wasn't on the Pirate banner. Maybe it'd be a weird. "out there" pick but he already has an eyepatch. Like, that'd be PERFECT!! And I feel like not many Valentia characters have seasonals... but I could be wrong, I've been falling behind with the Heroes news.

Missed opportunity IS! Put some respect on his name :laugh:
Well instead more units are in the Seasonal Hell.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Now that the skill lists for the pirate banner have been released, I will update my descriptions:
  • Veronica's weapon has a Slaying effect and, if they are not adjacent to an ally, grants Def/Res +5 to them, inflicts Def/Res -5 on their foe and gives them a guaranteed follow-up attack. This looks pretty good, but not overkill like many of the better units of today. They easily lose to many of the fast infantry sword tanks due to having low Spd and weapon triangle disadvantage, as well as their guaranteed follow-up being negated by Null Follow-Up. Their Harmonized skill grants Def/Res +4 and enemy follow-up negation to them and other units from Fates and Heroes. I'm not really a fan of Harmonized Skills as a whole, since they require specific team setups for underwhelming effects compared to Duo skills, but this one should be quite useful if an enemy doesn't have NFU.
  • Tibarn's weapon is like normal Tibarn's, but is colourless, has an easier guaranteed follow-up condition (not being adjacent to an ally as opposed to foe having full HP), and gives him +5 Atk while giving his foe -5 Atk. In other words, he powercrept himself. Not the first time this has happened. The mystery B skill is Dive-Bomb, a melee flier locked reverse Desperation that lets the unit follow up before the enemy can counter if both unit and foe are above 80% HP. Of all of IS's attempts to give fliers good B skills, this one is easily the best one yet and may be worth pulling for. I'm staying strong for CYL, though.
  • Not much to say for the next three. Brigid's weapon inflicts Lull Spd/Def -5 on foe if she is not adjacent to an ally.
  • Geese's weapon is the same, but inflicts Lull Atk/Def as opposed to Spd/Def (and is a lance, not a bow).
  • Darros's weapon is the same as Geese's (but an axe). He is, however, voiced by SungWon Cho aka ProZD, so he'll definitely have a following despite being a mediocre unit.
Edit: Replaced a dash with a slash. Yep, that's it.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Now that the skill lists for the pirate banner have been released, I will update my descriptions:
  • Veronica's weapon has a Slaying effect and, if they are not adjacent to an ally, grants Def/Res +5 to them, inflicts Def/Res -5 on their foe and gives them a guaranteed follow-up attack. This looks pretty good, but not overkill like many of the better units of today. They easily lose to many of the fast infantry sword tanks due to having low Spd and weapon triangle disadvantage, as well as their guaranteed follow-up being negated by Null Follow-Up. Their Harmonized skill grants Def/Res +4 and enemy follow-up negation to them and other units from Fates and Heroes. I'm not really a fan of Harmonized Skills as a whole, since they require specific team setups for underwhelming effects compared to Duo skills, but this one should be quite useful if an enemy doesn't have NFU.
  • Tibarn's weapon is like normal Tibarn's, but is colourless, has an easier guaranteed follow-up condition (not being adjacent to an ally as opposed to foe having full HP), and gives him +5 Atk while giving his foe -5 Atk. In other words, he powercrept himself. Not the first time this has happened. The mystery B skill is Dive-Bomb, a melee flier locked reverse Desperation that lets the unit follow up before the enemy can counter if both unit and foe are above 80% HP. Of all of IS's attempts to give fliers good B skills, this one is easily the best one yet and may be worth pulling for. I'm staying strong for CYL, though.
  • Not much to say for the next three. Brigid's weapon inflicts Lull Spd-Def -5 on foe if she is not adjacent to an ally.
  • Geese's weapon is the same, but inflicts Lull Atk/Def as opposed to Spd/Def (and is a lance, not a bow).
  • Darros's weapon is the same as Geese's (but an axe). He is, however, voiced by SungWon Cho aka ProZD, so he'll definitely have a following despite being a mediocre unit.
Wait, Darros is voiced by SungWon Cho?

Yep, definitely building him.

Ivander

Smash Legend
They revealed the next resplendent, and I'm not kidding they turned Eirika into a Fairy.

I feel very disappointed.
It fits for Eirika. One of the things about Eirika they make a big deal about is how naive and hopeful she can be and the ljósálfar are dreamers, blissful, optimistic and naive. One of Resplendent Eirika's lines is "If I had the power of the ljósálfar, I would ensure that my brother and Lyon had nothing but carefree dreams. Like the old days...". It's alot more fitting than it looks.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Been a while since last post so....New Feh Channel.
To sum up the upcoming stuff:
-Teasers for the new Brave Heroes.
-Main Summoning Events can now allow you to use the Focus Spark feature 4 times. Or at least the Brave banner will. But after the first time, you can only choose the ones you didn't choose the next 3 times.
-New Mode that involves supporting 4 characters to defeat the army of a powerful character.
-The amount of times we can upgrade a Hero with Dragonflowers is getting increased. Those who originally could only have +10 now go up to +15 and those who could only go to +5 can now go to +10. It's still rather pricey, as a Unit going from +0 to +15 requires 1460 Dragonflowers.
-WE CAN NOW CHANGE IVS! I REPEAT! IVs CAN NOW BE CHANGED!.......with the help of a new item called Trait Fruit. Using 100 Trait Fruit allows you to change the Asset AND Flaw of ANY UNITS, including Grail Units, The Original Main Trio, and EVEN FORMA UNITS! It can even allow characters to get a Neutral IV. We'll be getting Kick-off quests that allow us to get 100 Trait Fruit and so far, we'll get Trait Fruit from Arena, Resonant Battles, Mjolnir's Strike and Forging Bonds.

The Dragonflower increase is okay and nice for old units. The Spark feature for Main banners is nice for those who are going for all 4 Braves.
Basically, the IV feature is the big deal. And it will honestly depend on how much Fruit is gotten from the modes it's gotten from. 100 Trait Fruit really doesn't seem like alot, but that could change on how much Fruit is gotten from those modes. But being able to change IVs is definitely a big deal. And Forma Units have become much more valuable now that we can change their IVs.

Edit: Oh, and Jorge from the Radiance games is a GHB.

Last edited:

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Been a while since last post so....New Feh Channel.
To sum up the upcoming stuff:
-Teasers for the new Brave Heroes.
-Main Summoning Events can now allow you to use the Focus Spark feature 4 times. Or at least the Brave banner will. But after the first time, you can only choose the ones you didn't choose the next 3 times.
-New Mode that involves supporting 4 characters to defeat the army of a powerful character.
-The amount of times we can upgrade a Hero with Dragonflowers is getting increased. Those who originally could only have +10 now go up to +15 and those who could only go to +5 can now go to +10. It's still rather pricey, as a Unit going from +0 to +15 requires 1460 Dragonflowers.
-WE CAN NOW CHANGE IVS! I REPEAT! IVs CAN NOW BE CHANGED!.......with the help of a new item called Trait Fruit. Using 100 Trait Fruit allows you to change the Asset AND Flaw of ANY UNITS, including Grail Units, The Original Main Trio, and EVEN FORMA UNITS! It can even allow characters to get a Neutral IV. We'll be getting Kick-off quests that allow us to get 100 Trait Fruit and so far, we'll get Trait Fruit from Arena, Resonant Battles, Mjolnir's Strike and Forging Bonds.

The Dragonflower increase is okay and nice for old units. The Spark feature for Main banners is nice for those who are going for all 4 Braves.
Basically, the IV feature is the big deal. And it will honestly depend on how much Fruit is gotten from the modes it's gotten from. 100 Trait Fruit really doesn't seem like alot, but that could change on how much Fruit is gotten from those modes. But being able to change IVs is definitely a big deal. And Forma Units have become much more valuable now that we can change their IVs.

Edit: Oh, and Jorge from the Radiance games is a GHB.
After doing some research (read: seeing this post and skimming the subreddit), here are my opinions:

Being able to spark up to 4 times is neat for those spending tons of Orbs on a New Heroes banner. Doing the maths, on a regular New Heroes banner, if one were to summon all 5 units on every circle, use the free summon at the start and use all 4 First Summon Tickets, they would have to spend 615 Orbs to get all 4 sparks. Since CYL doesn't have a free summon like other banners, instead letting you summon a guaranteed 5*, but not being able to continue on that circle, that would be 455 Orbs for 1 copy of each Brave Hero. As a result, it's only for those who are really dedicated to a banner and have lots of Orbs to spend on it. I'm not the kind to hoard that many Orbs to spend on one specific banner, so I'll probably just stick to the first spark (which can be reached after 135 Orbs).

Nobody seems to be talking about Frontline Phalanx, the new game mode, and it seems to be plainly because nobody likes it. From what people have said, it's basically Rokkr Sieges but with hit rates and no gameplay. In that case, yeah, I understand why nobody likes it.

Trait Fruit (or as many people on the subreddit are calling it, IV Mango) is a very good and very requested feature that many people will use. I have quite a few units with inoptimal IVs (-Spd Shannan, -Res NY!Alfonse and -Def F!Lyon, to name a few), and now I don't have to spend Orbs on their reruns to fix those. I always wondered why Grail units had superboons and superbanes despite not having access to IVs, but this finally puts them to use. All in all, this could be one of the best additions to the game in a while. Now all that's left is some way of giving the Askr Trio merges.

To me, the Dragonflower increase is a little concerning for two reasons. Firstly, many of the units who will now have access to +10 Dragonflowers are already meta-defining and can now become even more powerful, and secondly, it implies Gen 5 units are on the horizon, which I'll get onto later.

We haven't been given much on the CYL units, but from what we've seen, they look broken enough for CYL. Edelgard, Lysithea, Dimitri and Claude are axe, red tome, lance and bow users respectively, which are the exact same weapon types as their base forms, unfortunately. However, their weapons are special versions of the Archanea relics (today I learned those exist within Three Houses): Edelgard presumably gets Hauteclere, Lysithea gets Dark Spikes, Dimitri gets Gradivus and Claude gets Parthia. Here are some more details that I could gather:
  • We haven't seen much of Edelgard, but she's likely an armoured unit. She seems to have Special cooldown reduction, Noontime, Distant Counter, Armored Stride and some form of damage reduction. She's looking to be very enemy phase-focused as a contrast to L!Edelgard being highly player phase. That said, damage reduction on an armoured unit has the potential to be super hard to deal with, to the point that even Armorslayers may fail to one-round her. It'll likely be a PRF B skill. She may also have some form of Vantage, but I'm not so sure.
  • Lysithea is, thankfully, one of the two units we get to see stats and skills for. Predictably, she's an infantry with high Atk and Spd and low Def and Res. She also comes with Moonbow, Atk/Spd Push 4, Lull Spd/Res 3 and Hone Spd 4. As far as I can recall, this is the first unit to come with 2 tier 4 skills. Like regular Lysithea, she's a giant nuke, with the teaser showing her dealing 55 damage per hit to the Death Knight (yes, so funny 🤣🤣🤣).
  • Dimitri is an infantry unit with a similar skill set to Edelgard: he has DC, Noontime, a Breath skill of some sort and damage reduction of some sort. A lot of what I've said about Edelgard also applies to Dimitri, but he's an infantry as opposed to an armour so he may be less overtuned.
  • Claude is our other unit who we can see the stats and skills of, but only for a few frames. He's a flier with high Atk and Spd and low Def and Res. He comes with Special cooldown reduction, Moonbow, Fury 4, a Chill (probably Spd/Def) and a mysterious C skill that might be new. It likely won't be an exclusive skill since he placed 2nd and only the 1st placers get those. Typical nuke and, unfortunately, possibly the weakest of the CYL4 units, though not to say he's bad.
  • ...Oh yeah, Jorge is our GHB. It's hilarious how a previously bottom-of-the-barrel character like him holds the record for highest jump in CYL rankings, likely due to bots, and is now in the game. He's a blue bow infantry with fairly all-around stats, a PRF, Ignis, Chill Def 3 and Spur Atk 3. The noteworthy thing about him is that, unless his weapon gives him +3 to a stat, he has 172 BST, when the current highest infantry bow BST is 168 (tied between Norne and L!Chrom). Likewise, B!Lysithea, presuming she has +3 to a stat since she has no Slaying effect, has 165 BST when the highest non-trainee infantry tome BST is 163 (held by F!Lyon). B!Claude somehow has a ridiculous 170 BST, when not only is the highest bow flier BST 156 (held by S!Loki), but the highest non-trainee flier BST overall is 168 (held by Heath, a lance user). It's worth noting that only infantry units got Gen 4 bonuses, while all armour, cavalry and flying units released alongside them were stuck on Gen 3. In the case of B!Claude, either I got my calculations incorrect somehow, his weapon has an additional Fury effect we haven't been told about, or armours, cavalries and fliers are skipping Gen 4 and going straight to Gen 5. Either way, coupled with the fact that CYL3 introduced our first Gen 4 unit (B!Alm), chances are CYL4 is giving us our first Gen 5 units, which makes B!Edelgard and B!Dimitri even scarier. Get ready for the next Halloween or Christmas banner to give us an armoured trainee dragon that powercreeps even W!Sothis and breaks the record for highest BST in the game.
This time, I'll be summoning on this banner for once. I mean, it's CYL, why would anyone skip this? I might not build Jorge, though, as I'm in the middle of building Itsuki, but if I get enough copies from his GHB and its eventual Revivals, and if Gen 5 is such a drastic increase that it makes Itsuki irrelevant in Arena, then I might. It also depends on how good our other F2P Gen 5 options are.

Lastly, CYL4 will give us a Paralogue as usual, meaning Book 4 will not get another chapter until September. If we keep going on the usual pattern of one chapter per month, Chapter 13 won't be released until December, meaning Book 5 will likely be delayed. I don't really care, though, as I don't really like the story to begin with.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Going in I had high hopes for the creativity for the CYL units and thought I'd be sad if they were just final class versions of themselves like a few people on reddit were predicting.

But then that's exactly what they did with all of them.

...However the more I look at their designs, the more I just don't care that they played it safe. All of the art is gorgeous!

I look forward to sharing my (likely) +10 B!Dimitri (hopefully +Atk?) with S-Support and 5 Dragonflowers here on Tuesday! Thankfully he has Gradivus so he has DC. This means skill wise I have a feeling there might not be anything to change on him.

It appears as though he has Steady/Warding Breath, or a personal version of it. I've got Distant Def 4, Sturdy Impact, Fort. Def/Res 3, Warding Stance 4, Flashing Blade 4, Atk/Spd Push 4, Atk/Spd Bond 4, and Swift Sparrow 3 as potential A-Slot fodder.

For B I've got Special Spiral 3 and Wrath 3. For C I've got Panic Smoke 3 and Atk/Spd Oath 3. That's it I guess? Haven't been pulling for a long time.

Anyways, it's cool that the banner has 4 "sparks" and they even force you to pick someone different each time (immediately I thought, YES FOUR DIMITRIS, but nah lol). So looks like I'll be able to get them while sniping Blue after all. My patience has been rewarded. :)

Last edited:

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
The skill sets for the CYL4 units have released, so here they are:
  • Edelgard's axe, Flower Hauteclere, reduces her Special cooldown by 1, and if she is above 25% HP, it lets her move an extra space, gives her Ground Orders and inflicts Atk/Def -6 on her enemy during combat. As to be expected with CYL first placers, she also has a PRF B skill, Black Eagle Rule, which gives her a guaranteed follow-up and 80% damage reduction on the second hit if she is above 25% HP again. She comes with Noontime, Distant Ward and Joint Drive Res. As you can see, she gets extremely good bonuses for staying above an easy-to-maintain HP threshold; the movement buffs in particular will please many people who don't like armours for their sluggish movement. I'd swap out Distant Ward for regular Distant Counter, and swap Noontime for Aether if you're willing to use B!Lucina with her (she needs to sacrifice DW/C or her PRF B skill to use regular Special acceleration skills).
  • Lysithea's tome, Dark Spikes Τ (pronounced 'tau' or 'taph', not 'tee'), is cavalry-effective, gives her Spd +3, gives her Atk/Spd +6 if her foe is above 75% HP and gives her a guaranteed follow-up before she gets countered if her HP is below 100% and she initiates. The rest of her skills were already listed last time I did one of these write-ups. She's a typical two-shot nuke like F!Julia but with the added bonus of combined Desperation and Brash Assault (basically a better version of Lyn's refine). It may be even harder to tank her than regular Lysithea, so you're definitely going to have to nuke her before she can nuke you. She'll likely be underestimated at first but will definitely be very powerful.
  • If you thought Edelgard gets tons of bonuses for staying above 25% HP, then Dimitri gets tons of bonuses for just existing. His lance, Moon Gradivus, gives him DC and Breath (with no drawback or requirement), and his PRF B skill, Blue Lion Rule, gives him Def-based evasion and a guaranteed follow-up on enemy phase (with no HP requirement). He also comes with Noontime, Joint Hone Atk and a new inheritable A skill, Atk/Def Unity, an improved Atk/Def Bond that gives him +5 Atk/Def and turns penalties on those stats into bonuses like F!Ike's Chaos Ragnell does. He's definitely a physical supertank, the Def equivalent of NY!Selkie, and is the unit I've got my eye on the most, though he might not be the unit F2P guide creators advise using your free summon on due to B!Ike being very similar and also being handed out for free.
  • Lastly, Claude's bow, Wind Parthia, gives him -1 Special CD reduction and +5 to all stats just for being within 2 spaces of an ally. In addition, it heals him by half of his maximum HP (meaning a minimum of 21 HP) if his Special triggers in combat. While we already saw most of his skill set, the mysterious C skill has been revealed to be a new inheritable (possibly flier-locked) skill called Atk/Spd Rein, which inflicts Atk/Spd -4 on foes within 2 spaces during combat. His PRF weapon may be super broken, and if he uses Iote's Shield he becomes deceptively tanky. Rip to whoever built S!Loki because she's been powercrept hard.
  • ...Please don't ask about Jorge. We haven't been given his weapon's description yet. His artwork is out, though, and it's some of the most detailed in the entire game for some reason. On a side note, I did hear he's a meme in Japan, similar to Dorcas or Gatekeeper here in the West, so I'm a little sceptical his CYL results really were botted. Either way, we now have a semi-reliable way of getting Brigand Boss or whatever meme character we want into Heroes.
I'll have to update this again once their full statlines come out. As for my summoning plans, I'll spend 140 Orbs summoning every colour, then whatever units I don't get randomly I'll instead get from the free summon and spark. If I need to decide between 3 or all 4 units, my priority order is B!Dimitri > B!Claude > B!Lysithea > B!Edelgard. The rest of my Orbs will go towards the upcoming Double Special banner and maybe the Festival in Hoshido rerun.

Also, a correction: it's been announced we're getting a new main story chapter for this banner instead of the usual Paralogue, thus helping move the story forward to compensate for being a chapter behind ever since January. A screenshot of the final map shows Freyr. Let's see how busted his weapon ends up being given how busted Freyja's was (to be fair, a big part of why she was annoying is because her whole map consisted of multiple of her infinitely respawning, and I still managed to steamroll it with Mareeta).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Looks like I won't be changing Dimitri's A and B slot. Atk/Def Unity and Blue Lion's Rule is an awesome combo. It's going to be fun baiting enemies and watching them fall one by one.

Since he wants Defense I'll definitely replace his C skill though. Def Smoke, Atk/Def Solo, or Oath is probably best for this I guess? Probably Oath over Solo since Unity wants him to be close to someone.

Edelgard is nuts, SO many effects packed into a single unit. I'm going to be using her a lot because she not only lacks the huge inconvenience of running armors, but she moves even better than infantry and she doesn't even really need to do anything. Turn 1 instantly incredibly mobile, no C slot or Seal required. That's ignoring the fact that her weapon has two more great abilities on top of that. On the surface seems like the most busted and distinct to me.

At first Lysithea scared me when I saw she just gets a guaranteed double on enemies before they can even hit back if she has some chip damage on her. But then I realized that's what I have been doing with Desperation-Tharja since the beginning. Lysithea just doesn't require any speed to do it... which is odd because her entire kit is doing EVERYTHING it can to make her outspeed her opponent. Granted Speed still helps her not be doubled and it helps her first combat, but still... All that speed seems like a waste. Not a very interesting unit to me, and also the least interesting as a character, so definitely the "loser" for me.

Claude is okay to me. His healing sounds unbelievable, not what I expected since I figured you'd aim to snipe enemies without getting hit. I guess it means you have to OHKO him otherwise he'll just top off his health. Seems like a trend for all Brave House leaders, but Claude I'm guessing is the squishiest of the three but to counteract that has the best heal. His B-Slot Chill is cool and all, but it makes me wonder what fliers can get in that slot because compared to what all these infantry units that help them immensely in every fight, a skill that just nerfs one unit on the map feels underwhelming. Same thing with the new skill Reins, not very exciting but people are taken by it so apparently fliers get very little there too.

So... yeah. Unsurprisingly the first place winners are the more interesting ones, but I'll probably end up putting them all in one team to get use out of each and have some fun for a while.

Last edited:

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
The CYL banner is officially out! So far, I've used 15 summons and not my free 5*, and have only got another Annette. I think it's kinda dumb that you can summon off-focus 5*s on the CYL banner.

This also means I have to update the unit descriptions for the last time with their stats. I'll keep it pretty quick since I wrote a whole detailed description and then somehow accidentally shut down Chrome and lost all my work:
  • Edelgard has very high Atk and Def, high Res and very low Spd. Her Atk and Def (45 and 43, respectively) beat out V!Rudolf (43 Atk) and P!Lukas and Mamori (42 Def) for highest in the game, and her BST (185) ironically ties W!Sothis for highest in the game. Since she isn't a trainee, this means melee armours have risen to Gen 4, therefore other weapon and movement types probably have as well.
  • Lysithea, as said before, has high Atk and Spd and low Def and Res. She totals out to 165 BST, making her the highest BST non-trainee infantry mage in the game (Ewan, a Gen 4 trainee, has 166).
  • Dimitri, as expected, has high Atk and Def, pretty high Spd and very low Res, though his Def-based damage reduction should help there. His Def of 40 is the same as NY!Selkie's Res, which makes sense given that they have Def-based and Res-based damage reduction respectively. He has a whopping 176 BST, only beaten by F!M!Corrin, a Gen 4 trainee with 177 BST, meaning infantry units have now reached Gen 5. On a side note, Atk/Def Unity has no restrictions.
  • Claude has respectable Atk, high Spd and moderately low Def and Res. However, if you give him Close Foil, he reaches 45 Spd, 33 Def and 30 Res with combat boosts, in addition to 20 HP healing after every round of combat with a 2CD Special, making him surprisingly tanky. He totals out to 166 BST, meaning I somehow did get my calculations wrong last time (I noticed his Def mysteriously changed between the last Feh Channel and now). Either way, he beats NY!Eir's 161 BST for highest BST on a ranged flier. On a similar side note to Dimitri, his Atk/Spd Rein is flier locked.
  • Jorge has all-around moderate stats, though his Spd is a bit low. As said before, he has 172 BST, beating all other ranged infantries. His weapon, Daniel-Made Bow, reduces Special CD by 1, gives Atk +5 to allies in 2 spaces and inflicts Atk -5 on foes in 2 spaces. This could be a pretty good support weapon as it gives allies a mini-Spendthrift Bow without the Special deceleration penalties while letting them use another weapon, but its awkward positional requirements make it too situational to be practical in my opinion. For a correction from the first time I talked about Jorge, his C skill is Atk Opening 3, not Spur Atk 3.
After seeing the CYL units' stats, my priority order from last time has changed: B!Dimitri > B!Edelgard > B!Claude > B!Lysithea. I also won't spend Grails on Jorge, and will likely just merge up the free copies from his GHB and use him in his Arena bonus season.

How has everyone else's CYL experiences gone so far? I feel this thread has been less active lately than it was before, which is weird given that it's CYL, arguably the most important time of year for the game.

Edit: Got to the first spark on the CYL banner. Over those 40 summons, I got 3 5*s: Annette, Julian and F!Mareeta. Yeah, not a single focus unit. I have no idea what to do with Annette as I don't know any units that would make exceptional use of Def/Res Ruse, but I feel merging her might be a waste when I don't use her often. Julian is -Spd, so he's easy fodder; I just haven't decided who to. F!Mareeta would have been easy fodder as well, but she just had to be +Spd so as to entice me into using her instead. I'll probably give her Galeforce and use her in Aether Raids. For my 2 free summons, I chose B!Dimitri and B!Edelgard.

I now have 160 Orbs. As for an overly long explanation of my future plans:
I'll definitely summon on the Double Special Heroes banner because they should be rerunning units from the last Valentine's and Spring banners, meaning I'll be super baited by V!Alm, V!Faye and S!Idunn. Only problem is that there's only one colourless unit from those two banners (V!Faye), so to solve this they'll probably put another red unit on the focus, making it easier to get pitybroken by them. I may also summon on the Festival in Hoshido rerun because I need that last Micaiah. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that this month's Legendary is also going to be Micaiah, leaving me in a terrible situation in which I have to either spread my 160 Orbs (and any more I get until the Legendary banner) across 3 banners or say 'screw it' and use them on only one. In addition, the colourless section on the next Legendary banner also has Bramimond and Mila, who are enticing bait.

After that, I may summon on the next Special banner since it should be the Dancer banner and I like those. What's likely, though, is that I'll instead save my Orbs for the Heir of Light rerun because the untrained -Spd Shannan in my barracks is tormenting me every day into giving him merges... and Larcei is another great unit and Ced has sought after fodder. I've been thinking of trying to build a team of obnoxious dodgetanks to let my true evil and madness shine, but with my bad Orb spending habits it'll be hard, and Gen 5 may powercreep them or introduce skills to counter them. I have an untrained -Spd F!Kris tormenting me in the same way, so if you could kindly put her on a Focus banner please, IS.

After that, now possibly months ahead, I'll just wait and see. If Book 4 Begins: Peony and More wins the next rerun vote after Heir of Light, I'll probably summon on that in the same way as Heir of Light, as my +Spd Mareeta is begging to be fully built. If the Halloween or Winter banners introduce an armoured trainee that sets the new BST record as they usually do (my bets are on Winter Surtr because that'd be super dumb), I'll be baited, but will probably resist as I've now learned the ways of powercreep. Heck, I may even refuse to summon at all until CYL5 so I can get loads of merges from there.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'll put up a post once I figure out why I get an error when trying to attach an image to show off what I've got.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Apparently screenshots from my phone are too large? With some alterations I can put them up!

5C4514CE-1BAF-4257-BE19-080B9386E36D.jpeg 19A34719-FDC6-466A-A287-2F47918E6A08.jpeg 56ED6214-C81B-4651-B3BF-E765ADE786AB.jpeg

Ta-da! I was able to get Brave Dimitri to +10 by sniping! For the first eight copies I was getting one roughly every 100 orbs until the last taking 200. So 1000 orbs all in all, way better than I was mentally prepared for since this is my first time summoning like this. This means I have 1.2k orbs still left.

Somehow I had managed to pull FOUR Claudes just by being forced to pick colorless. Managed to get the speed boon on one. Very cool, although I’m not sure yet what I want to do with him.

As for Edelgard, got two of her from being forced to pick green. She is Neutral. Because... I wasn’t thinking straight at 3 AM and merged the two -atk pulls I got without checking their boons. Downside of being excited to play FEH for once enough to stay up despite being tired... Might fix it when we get IV fruits, not sure yet.

It occurred to me that I could keep pulling and maybe +10 one of the other two. But if I want to do that I think I will wait for Hero Fest.

Now that my long, tedious journey of saving for Brave Dimitri has ended...

It is time to continue hoarding for Legendary Dimitri lol.

Looking forward to Areadbhar and Atrocity, legit hoping now he is bloodthirsty Dimitri now that we have redemptive Dimitri after his arc. That character fits with the legend of the weapon and edgy look of the black armor too. He’ll be offensive like Legendary Edelgard so it just fits in my minds eye, although I know people on reddit don’t like the idea of a Legendary unit being “not their best/true selves”.

Anyways, love Brave Dimitri. Paired him with Edelgard and they support each other well. Dimitri takes care of most things but there’s a green mage or dragon then Edelgard takes over. I’ve even got Dimitri wearing El’s EX FB accessory and El wearing the blue eyepatch haha, it’s a funny sight seeing them together like that.

I did of course grab the free spark Lysithea but only because she was all that was left. It’s a damn shame. If she had warp or heals like an actual Gremory she would have been such an incredibly interesting unit. But as she is she is very dull and I could just use my fully invested Tharja for the same purpose. I suppose she just has the one advantage of being self sufficient with her stat buffs.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Got Claude for my Free Summon. Got a Mikoto, a 2nd Claude and Lysithea from the normal banner and can now choose my 1st Spark Hero, but haven't decided yet.

That said, not sure whether to fodder or merge Claude cause the 2nd one I got is +SPD, -RES, which is favourable for him, but I really want to give another unit Fury 4 & ATK/SPD Rein.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Now that CYL4 winners are here I’ve gotten to thinking about the next round.

Aside from the fact thy at 3H came in like a wrecking ball with its release between CYL3 and 4, generally at least two of the top 3 and 4 placements of the previous results win the next round. So probably two from Marth, Bernie, Chrom, and female Byleth will be what we get next year.

For CYL5 it would be a miracle to me if Bernie keeps her spot above the rest. It may happen due to potential Three Houses fans and specifically Black Eagle fans might drop down from the winners and choose her. Now that people know even someone like Lysithea can win, people who love Bernie won’t have to feel like voting for a non-MC is a waste.

But I remember what happened to Tharja who dropped quite a lot from having got 3rd in the first CYL. So if she drops the ball after a year has passed I hope the Dimitri voters go down and lift Felix up to second place. Either one would get me interested in CYL5. Marth, Chrom, Eirika, or a fairy don’t especially interest me personally. Especially since the first three have plenty of alts already.

It would be nice if the voting received a overhaul. Since the results are split between men and women, each day we should get one vote for the men in the series and one for the women. That way I can support Felix. Otherwise Bernie will get my votes since she has the higher chance of winning.

I’d be interested in Byleth if she won but like... as essentially a non-character I don’t see myself actually WANTING her to win. So if she drops she drops, despite being a fanboy of 3H.

Top Bottom