• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Reminder to always protec Olivia
qv34ohi6da231.jpg
Is cool to see they keep using seasonals in the comics.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Turns out the last week of Aether Raids gave me exactly the amount of Grails I needed to finish up my passion project. :estatic:

IMG_2383.PNG

IMG_2386.PNG

Officially started her back in January and finally finished her about five months later (with two other +10 Grail projects in the middle). So happy to finally add another +10 Robin to my roster. :happysheep:

And speaking of +10 Grail projects, Aversa's putting in some work this week:

IMG_2389.PNG

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
And out of nowhere we get yet another surprise FEH channel.

Looks like dynamax mode is now a thing.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Suddenly, Surprise Feh channel...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkaLwuiOqe8

To sum up:
-Concert Hall Aether Resort building that allows you to play different music not just in the hall, but also on your home screen, Aether Resort and Aether Raids.
-You can now save Defense Team Setups and even copy them across. Also, Test Defenses now allows you to change it to the next week Seasons to allow you to test your Defenses when the Seasons are in your favor.
-Hero Merit has been increased to 6000.
-There are now Weekly Summoning Events that feature 3 Gen 1 units each week. In these Weekly Summoning Events, Focus Heroes are set to 4% while the initial 5* Heroes are 2%. There were 20 weekly events shown, so it's not known whether or not these Weekly Summoning Events will stay after the 20th week, whether they will repeat or whatnot.
-And to think I recently asked the question on how fast Raid Battles would be in FEH during the Ibaraki Event in Grand Order, they just revealed Raid Battles called "Rokkr Battles". You are put in a team of different players to take on a Raid Boss-like character. Don't know so far if it's an Arena mode or like Grand Conquest or Tempest Trial where it's every once in a while.
-Reward-wise, pretty much the same as Grand Conquest. Refine Stones, feathers, Sacred Coins, Badges and Orbs.
-Oh, and Pair-up can be used in these Rokkr Battles, so hey, good for it.

Edit: And between June 15th to June 22th, you get 20 Orbs.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Did Feh walked slowly and...

Dropped Dynamax Eirika?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Huh, surprised I didn't think of the Dynamax feature when I saw the new Raid Battle.

And it's an interesting coincidence that it's Eirika, considering I got Legendary Eirika from the Legendary Banner and now have Eirika Emblem.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Other than being able to change the background music on the home menu, this Feh Channel was honestly really meh. Not even the new mode caught my interest.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"Kiran could you please formulate a strategy instead of trying to get stepped on by her?"
azwhgcd3pv231.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The music feature is the only thing that really pleased me, and even then, it looks like a limited selection. Plus you have to buy it through R&R Affinity which accumulates slowly.

I thought Raid Battles could be a cool co-op mode with unique boss enemies or something but instead it's just about hitting a big punching bag over and over, it doesn't even look like there will be much strategy beyond the damage boost mechanic, and that's being generous. Just another grindy mode demanding more out of my time, and the rewards look meh for this one (just Orbs isn't really much of an incentive anymore for me since the summoning system still sucks).

Ivander

Smash Legend
Admittingly, while it doesn't look exactly unique, depending on how the points and rewards are given, I can potentially see alot more incentive to actually get the rewards compared to Grand Conquest. With Grand Conquest, I hardly feel the urge to get the rewards, even with the Orbs, due to the hassle of having to deal with some overpowered foes like Surtr and whatnot.
So far, the reinforcements in the Raid battle don't look hard to beat and you'll need to use the defense tiles for timing your enemy phase with the boss, but that also depends on the hardest mode, as it looked alot like easy mode was shown. But if the hardest mode isn't actually that hard, I could really see myself actually trying to get all the rewards compared to Grand Conquest.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Gen 1 summoning pools were a smart. Even smarter is the fact that there's only 3 per week. Yeah, might take time to get the one you want, but your chances of getting pitybroke are slightly lower since you can't get a Brave Ike pitybreak when trying to snipe for Hector (unless both are in the same banner)

It's not an ideal solution, but it's probably gonna be better in the long run than cramming every Gen 1 5* unit in a single pool.

The music feature is the only thing that really pleased me, and even then, it looks like a limited selection. Plus you have to buy it through R&R Affinity which accumulates slowly.
It's probably a way to give value to the Resort Pass, since it'll make you grind half as long for the songs. But hey, at least, it extends to other places than the Resort, so now there's a legitimate argument for using said Pass.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gen 1 summoning pools were a smart. Even smarter is the fact that there's only 3 per week. Yeah, might take time to get the one you want, but your chances of getting pitybroke are slightly lower since you can't get a Brave Ike pitybreak when trying to snipe for Hector (unless both are in the same banner)

It's not an ideal solution, but it's probably gonna be better in the long run than cramming every Gen 1 5* unit in a single pool.
Gen 1 units still appear in Non-New Hero/Seasonal Banners. So most likely if going for a Gen 1 unit, you can still get a Gen 1 pitybreaker from the Weekly Banners.
And plus I would know that considering I went for Faye on the TT Banner and got pitybroken by a +ATK Innes.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Gen 1 units still appear in Non-New Hero/Seasonal Banners. So most likely if going for a Gen 1 unit, you can still get a Gen 1 pitybreaker from the Weekly Banners.
And plus I would know that considering I went for Faye on the TT Banner and got pitybroken by a +ATK Innes.
Now I'm kind of hoping Gen 1 units are the only 5* options in these Weekly Banners.

If you're going for those, you obviously want a Gen 1 unit. Otherwise, you'd pick literally any other banner.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Another chance to get Hinoka merges, finally. The last time she was on a focus I spent 400+ orbs and only got 1 merge, so hopefully this time will work out better.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No new Abyssal clears from me (I honestly just haven't put in the effort, I'm juggling too much right now), but I did manage to clear Infernal Gharnef, since I don't think I was playing the game when it first released. I usually don't record Infernal clears but I did have fun with this one and wanted an excuse to do a warm-up video since I wasn't really able upload anything to YouTube since a month ago.

I did do it a bit faster on a previous attempt, but I was really trying to make Marth be the one to finish Gharnef. :V

I forgot to show off the unit builds at the start but it's not too different to what I normally run on these units.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
New banner's out, this time the focus is the Awakening kids (Nah, Yarne, Brady, and Kjelle).

Cynthia's our GHB.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Barrier Lance+: Exists
Berkut's Lance+: Am I a joke to you? But seriously, Krimhilde for regular Berkut when?

It's literally the same thing, except not tied behind grails.

Anyway:
-Nice to see that we have two units in the Summoning pool with ATK/SPD Solo.
-More AR stuff. And it's the DEF/RES version. Can't wait to see that crowding up Offense.
-Brady is most likely the demote, as most likely, IS will consider the new AR skill and Bold Fighter too valuable to put in the 4-star pool, unless they consider Infantry Rush and ATK/RES Push more valuable which I doubt.
-So now that Nah also has her own Breath, when are Nowi, Corrin and Fae going to get their own Breaths? And a Breath C-skill that grants Infantry a Breath effect. Geez... But my M!Corrin would love that skill, as it would make him support much better.

That said, nothing high on my list, besides Kjelle. That said, looking at the skills just remind me how many characters are missing a Prf or Refine. Sometimes I wish they'd go back to 5-6 refines/Prfs again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meanwhile I'm pouring one out for Laurent.

Literally the only Awakening kid with no variant in Heroes.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I have one question:
Why is Infantry Breath red like the Fierce variant when it grants Steady/Warding effect instead????? I am further solidified in my belief that all decision-making for this game is done when the entire dev team are high as kites.

Actually, I have another question that I think I already know the answer to:
Kellam when?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Skippable banner for me. I like Yarne and Brady, but I either dislike or don't care for the others.

I just hope Kjelle will be the demote because she has the potential for being our first 4-star demote with Bold Fighter.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So new update:
-Stats for characters, as well as Cynthia art:
-Cynthia's skills are Firesweep Lance, Shove, SPD/DEF Link at 4-Star and Drive ATK at 5-star. In case, you're wondering, yes, her SPD/DEF Link works in perfect tandem with V!Titania's ATK/RES Link.
-The Concert Hall update references a specific Manga page
Yes, it's a reference to this.
In the JP image, Azura and Reinhardt are even wearing the new Sunglasses accessories.

Now for weapon refines:
-Oscar's Loyal Greatlance's regular effect is a Slaying Lance. His Refine is giving +3 ATK/SPD to Infantry and Cavalry in 2 spaces while also giving Oscar +3 ATK/SPD when an Infantry or Cavalry Ally is within 2 spaces. Basically perfect for Ike/Soren/Titania/Oscar teams.
-Elincia's Refine is Swift Sparrow. Yep...
-Kagero's Dart has no Infantry effectiveness. Instead, it gives an additional +4 ATK and SPD if Kagero's ATK is higher than the opponent's ATK. After combat, it reduces foes DEF/RES by 7. Her Refine makes her take 50% less damage from foe's first attack when she initiates combat. This is a rather cool effect as it allows her one of two strategies:
The first one is by giving her Life & Death 3 and Vantage, as she will likely survive the attack and get within Vantage and Brazen Range while also giving her an additional +4 ATK/SPD to her stats thanks to her high ATK.
The second is by giving her Sturdy Impact, which increases her ATK and DEF and prevents follow-ups, and basically, she'll have +10 ATK, +4 SPD and +10 DEF while preventing follow-ups, making her a very effective counter to DC units, Bows and other Dagger users.
-Saizo's Star keeps the Smoke Dagger effect of reducing the stats of the foe he attack plus foes within 2 spaces by 6. Edit: I thought it was like Gunnthra's Blizzard. It's actually something like Bonus Doubler, but with Penalties, where it gives Saizo a boost in a stat depending on the penalties on the foe he attacks or is attacked by. If his opponent gets hit by his dagger, basically it gives a +6 to all of Saizo's stats. If the opponent's SPD is dropped by 7 due to Chill SPD, Saizo will get +7 in SPD when fighting that foe. Something like that.
Anyway, the Refines look pretty good all around.

And last but not least, there is a new character being introduced soon.
If you are thinking about her similarities to Loki, it's because according to Dataminers, this is Thor. Datamine images have her mentioned as Tor, and another dataminer said her name is Thorr, but yeah, that is Thor one way or another.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So new update:
-Stats for characters, as well as Cynthia art:

-Cynthia's skills are Firesweep Lance, Shove, SPD/DEF Link at 4-Star and Drive ATK at 5-star. In case, you're wondering, yes, her SPD/DEF Link works in perfect tandem with V!Titania's ATK/RES Link.
-The Concert Hall update references a specific Manga page

Yes, it's a reference to this.

In the JP image, Azura and Reinhardt are even wearing the new Sunglasses accessories.

Now for weapon refines:
-Oscar's Loyal Greatlance's regular effect is a Slaying Lance. His Refine is giving +3 ATK/SPD to Infantry and Cavalry in 2 spaces while also giving Oscar +3 ATK/SPD when an Infantry or Cavalry Ally is within 2 spaces. Basically perfect for Ike/Soren/Titania/Oscar teams.
-Elincia's Refine is Swift Sparrow. Yep...
-Kagero's Dart has no Infantry effectiveness. Instead, it gives an additional +4 ATK and SPD if Kagero's ATK is higher than the opponent's ATK. After combat, it reduces foes DEF/RES by 7. Her Refine makes her take 50% less damage from foe's first attack when she initiates combat. This is a rather cool effect as it allows her one of two strategies:
The first one is by giving her Life & Death 3 and Vantage, as she will likely survive the attack and get within Vantage and Brazen Range while also giving her an additional +4 ATK/SPD to her stats thanks to her high ATK.
The second is by giving her Sturdy Impact, which increases her ATK and DEF and prevents follow-ups, and basically, she'll have +10 ATK, +4 SPD and +10 DEF while preventing follow-ups, making her a very effective counter to DC units, Bows and other Dagger users.
-Saizo's Star keeps the Smoke Dagger effect of reducing the stats of the foe he attack plus foes within 2 spaces by 6. Edit: I thought it was like Gunnthra's Blizzard. It's actually something like Bonus Doubler, but with Penalties, where it gives Saizo a boost in a stat depending on the penalties on the foe he attacks or is attacked by. If his opponent gets hit by his dagger, basically it gives a +6 to all of Saizo's stats. If the opponent's SPD is dropped by 7 due to Chill SPD, Saizo will get +7 in SPD when fighting that foe. Something like that.
Anyway, the Refines look pretty good all around.

And last but not least, there is a new character being introduced soon.
If you are thinking about her similarities to Loki, it's because according to Dataminers, this is Thor. Datamine images have her mentioned as Tor, and another dataminer said her name is Thorr, but yeah, that is Thor one way or another.
So this character is essentially Loki's boss, right?

if so, it's interesting that she'll be appearing in the story this soon.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So this character is essentially Loki's boss, right?

if so, it's interesting that she'll be appearing in the story this soon.
Don't know that yet. I mean, considering in Norse mythology, Thor and Loki were rather 50/50 with each other, some instances, they are buddies, other instances they disliked each other alot. Loki was responsible for Thor's Hammer Mjolnir though and even helped him get back his hammer when it was stolen by crossdressing Thor and shapeshifting himself into a woman to get it back.

That said, if this is Thor, I imagine that, if they are in league with each other, that Thor is not Loki's boss. I think that role would be given to whomever represents Odin.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Well, double SP and Hero Merit is nice....but where do the Crystals fit in?......and what will they possibly replace? Plz not the feathers.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
So I just got into heroes, I’m f2p and I would like to get some advice. With the weekly banners I plan to get Lucina on week 6 and then hector later on for distant counter. I also want to use b!Lucina wich I have right now. Here are my questions.

Should I get a 2nd Hector so b!Lucina gets distant counter?
Does Lucina need a specific c skill?
Who should I use to complete the team?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So I just got into heroes, I’m f2p and I would like to get some advice. With the weekly banners I plan to get Lucina on week 6 and then hector later on for distant counter. I also want to use b!Lucina wich I have right now. Here are my questions.

Assuming B!Lucina = Brave Lucina:

Is there a specific reason you want distant counter for her? If not, I don't think you need to worry that much about getting her distant counter for her. I'm not an expert on how to use her, but I think there are probably better, more widely available options for her A slot.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
First off, try to make alternate plans in case you don't get what you want. You've got an advantage by being able to get like, over 200 Orbs from story stuff alone, but I've seen cases of people spending four times more than that and never getting a unit they want. Trust me, that advice is going to help.

Now, assuming you get everything you want...

I feel like she'd benefit more from something like Swift Sparrow, Steady Breath or heck, even her default Armored Blow can work depending on the build.

If you wanna go for it, go for it, but I don't think it's an absolute necessity, especially since she's more designed as a support unit due to her lance's effects.

C skills usually depend more on what the team needs rather than the unit itself, so the answer is no, she doesn't need a specific C skill.

Especially since she has a lot of build variety. You can try a pseudo-healer with regular Falchion and Renewal, or you can go fully aggro with Sealed Falchion and an Atk or Spd Wave skill, and that's just two examples. She's really versatile.

When in doubt, however, Atk Smoke is always a good pick for units who aren't daggers.

That's also pretty debatable because damn near everyone can do good work if you build them well enough. I'd say you just try to make the best with what the game gives you.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I don't think B!Lucina needs Distant Counter. She is more of a Player Phase/buffer character than an enemy phase tank of any kind. Her Def is average and her Res is bad, but her Atk and Spd is good.

Lucina doesn't need a specific C-Skill. C-Skills are pretty flexible inherently on most characters. It's more defined by "what buffs does the rest of the team need?", and if you already have buffs covered, then "what debuffs would be most useful?". Honestly, you will eventually find yourself slapping multiple C-Skills on characters so they have different options for different team comps and maps. For example, I have Goad Fliers on my L!Azura for my Flier Team, but also Atk Tactic for when she's on a mixed movement type team.

As far as team comps go, your focus should be rounding up units of different colour/weapon types, and also considering any utility options some units have. For example, dancers are almost always good to have. Also, if you haven't used your free CYL2 summon yet, I'd highly recommend choosing Brave Veronica as she plays a very unique debuffing/buffing role on top of being a solid magic attacker and being able to heal. She's extremely handy for new players to have and could carry your teams through lots of content for a while.

Ivander

Smash Legend

-B!Lucina does her best with support, so she doesn't need Distant Counter. She would rather have something that either boosts her bulk, like Fury 3(which is more useful than you would think), or something that increases her Offensive stats in certain scenarios like Swift Sparrow.
-It is to note that there aren't alot of units that can use Distant counter effectively, especially as alot of melee units are weak to mages which are the common ranged units. Units with high RES like Titania, Lloyd, Libra or most Armoured units can make better use of Distant Counter compared to Brave Lucina.
-Lucina doesn't really need a specific C-skill, although for Brave Lucina, her Drive SPD works good enough in tandem with her weapon. Besides the special C-skills that some characters have, there's no real preferred C-skill, so you can give her a C-skill that boosts her allies stats like Spur ATK or Drive ATK or something to mess with opponents like ATK Smoke and etc.
-Lucina and Brave Lucina do work well together. That said, if you use those 2 together in your team, they will want a Tank. And there are some good Axe tanks like Beruka, Michalis, Libra, Hector. The last unit should be a Mage unit for both a ranged unit and a unit that can target RES, even if they won't get buffed by B!Lucina's weapon.

Some easy units you really want to get that are in the 3-star pool section when summoning are:
-Reinhardt: He's one of the best Player Phase Blue mages and one of the best Player phase units in general.
-Sheena: She's one of the best Defensive armored units.
-Marth: Useful against dragons and buffing up your allies' stats.
-Caeda/Clair: Good flying units and both have a weapon that's effective against Cavalry and Armoured units.
-Ares: A fantastic Red Sword Cavalry unit and a fantastic user of Distant Counter.
-Olivia: She's useful overall for being able to Dance your units. GET A NEUTRAL ONE FROM THE Bound Hero Battle and KEEP IT. A Neutral IV Olivia is one of your best units for Missions, GHBs and whatnot.
-Cherche: She's one of, if not the best Player Phase Axe unit.
-Libra: He's one of the more beefier Infantry axe units that can take on both melee and Mages.
-Lilina: She's one of the best Player Phase Red Mage units.
-Nino: She's one of the best Player phase Green Mage units.
-Soren: He makes for a great Support Green Mage that can debuff your foes for your units to take advantage of.
-Cecilia: She makes for a great Counter to both Blue Mages and Colorless units.
-Nowi: She is very tanky and thanks to her weapon, she can counterattack regardless of Distance.
-Azama or Lissa: Both of them are your main Tank Healers, with Azama having more DEF and Lissa having more RES, but both are beefy compared to other healers.
-Clarine/Priscilla/Nanna: Your Horse Healers and useful for healing your allies thanks to their range. Priscilla has the highest ATK out of them while Clarine and Nanna have more SPD.
-Klein: A fantastic and one of the best Player Phase Bow unit thanks to his new weapon.
-Kagero: One of the best Dagger users as she starts with a weapon that's effective against Infantry(like Bows are to Fliers) and then as you start facing less Infantry, her PRF weapon allows her to get even more ATK and SPD for having higher ATK than the opponent, which is even easier to do thanks to skills like Fury and Life & Death.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the feedback. I think I’ve got a good idea of what I need and I have a Idunn that while she isn’t to great (-def,+res) I could try and make her work.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Idunn that while she isn’t to great (-def,+res) I could try and make her work.
She can still get 49 Def if you use her Fort Def/Res 3. 53 if you count her weapon effect.

It's not optimal, but it's still more Def than most (if not all) armored units, so she's usable.

If you get a second that isn't +Def or +Atk, you can actually get rid of the Defense bane too by merging.

If you get a +Def or +Atk one, well... that's a great Idunn. Merge the -Def with that one.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
"Eh this banner looks ok but it's nothing too crazy. I guess I'll just do my one free summon and..."

Oh.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Eh this banner looks ok but it's nothing too crazy. I guess I'll just do my one free summon and..."

Oh.
That's a lot of orbs... I'm saving for luncheon Lukas and saving feathers for Delthea when shes available as greils.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
That's a lot of orbs... I'm saving for luncheon Lukas and saving feathers for Delthea when shes available as greils.
I'm saving them up for whenever Reina or Silque get released. Regular Charlotte, Three Houses units, CYL3, and any new SoV units may do me in though.

Unless something else comes up I'm also gonna use my greils on Fallen Delthea.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Kinda wanna pull for Kinshi Hinoka merges but also Delthea is getting two re-runs but also there is a Chill skills banner coming which could have Laegjarn.

Kinda don't wanna pull because I've had a streak of bad luck in this game with the last banners I've pulled on and at the end of the day there is no real mercy system so more than likely I'll just end up wasting my Orbs no matter what I pull on.

Blegh.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Kinda wanna pull for Kinshi Hinoka merges but also Delthea is getting two re-runs but also there is a Chill skills banner coming which could have Laegjarn.

Kinda don't wanna pull because I've had a streak of bad luck in this game with the last banners I've pulled on and at the end of the day there is no real mercy system so more than likely I'll just end up wasting my Orbs no matter what I pull on.

Blegh.
if you want the Laegjarn merges, I'd say its worth pulling. I'm saving right now, but yeah rng can be pretty bad. At least you might get some good pitty breakers if you don't get what you want after those last summoning pool changes.

Top Bottom