• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
IS: "Do you want more alts?"
Players: "In your dreams!"
IS: "Got it!" :troll:

Ivander

Smash Legend
They couldn't have made this anymore disappointing, could they?
I, for one, will gladly accept my Tempest Trial Azura considering she'll most likely have Sing AND I CAN PROBABLY HAVE A FRICKIN' NEUTRAL SINGER THAT CAN BE USED FOR F2P STRATEGIES AND NOT MESS UP AI! *looks at non-neutral Olivia* T_T

That said, free 5* Sing user is a nice deal.

D

Deleted member

Me: "pls add Forrest"
IS: "You mean you want more Fates?"
Me: "No, that's no--"
IS: "Have another Camilla alt!"
Me: "Just Forrest is fine"
IS: "Okay fine, have Corrin in a dress."

Ivander

Smash Legend
Me: "pls add Forrest"
IS: "You mean you want more Fates?"
Me: "No, that's no--"
IS: "Have another Camilla alt!"
Me: "Just Forrest is fine"
IS: "Okay fine, have Corrin in a dress."
Looks like Forrest had to take a break after making that dress for Corrin.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Not even the power of bull multipliers can beat the power of memes
Screenshot_20181106-210635.jpg

GG Chadhardt

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hmm, already the Banner Video has more dislikes than likes. Unsurprising.

Edit: The JP video doesn't have as many votes, but it does have around 4 times the amount of dislikes. So not even the Japanese are happy.

Better impress with this Paralogue, IS.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was planning to dump my orbs on the last hour of the LBanner, but I did it earlier.

Now they drop a gorgeous green FemCorrin and Im as empty as Mr. Burns' veins.

G
****ing
G

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Wow what kind of banner is that, just wow, IS never ceases to amaze me, but in the wrong way lol. All alts except Mikoto, a character that isn't even playable in Fates.

"What is Revelations?" IS probably.

Hey at least Pheonixmaster will go nuts with a new free dancer (RIP Olivia, was fun knowing you), it's nice that they gave Azura for free.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Lyn, Lucina and Camilla have 5 alts, but Camilla reached 5 without having one via CYL.

Yikes.

No way they pull a Legendary Camilla with Bolverk, right?... right?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Lyn, Lucina and Camilla have 5 alts, but Camilla reached 5 without having one via CYL.

Yikes.

The salt that will be had if Camilla wins the Choose your Legends 3 Vote. :laugh:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So this is the new banner we're getting for November, huh? Guess the beast units really won't be coming until some time later.

This banner is an easy skip for me. I'm interested in none of the units. Pretty disappointed they went for a fifth Camilla alt this soon when there were other choices they could've done for a fourth Fates character to fit the Valla theme. Since Mikoto got her time to shine in Heroes in this banner, I think Arete should've be part of that same banner since she's also Vallite AND Mikoto's sister (not to mention she'd be a fitting "Conquest" parallel to Mikoto since Arete was essentially queen of Nohr once she married Garon).

And thank god this banner is an easy skip, because that means I can save more orbs for Kaden's potential debut in Heroes with the first Beast unit banner when that arrives!

I think this video accurately sums up how the Fire Emblem community reacted to this new banner news, stemming from various factors like having another Fates banner, a fifth Camilla alt this soon, and the new banner turning out to have no beast units.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Considering the lore of the banner and how this is lowkey Fallen Heroes #2
We might get:
Anakos GHB

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Nah, they are saving Bolverk for Xander's 5th alt when he gets revealed as the next legendary hero.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Considering the lore of the banner and how this is lowkey Fallen Heroes #2
We might get:
Anakos GHB
Have we ever gotten a GHB in connection with a banner that also had a TT unit?

Anyway, I can't say I'm exactly excited for this. Even if I were more a fan of Fates, I'd probably want them to add actual new characters rather than just more alts.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Have we ever gotten a GHB in connection with a banner that also had a TT unit?
Yeah we have. The ones that don't use GHB characters are most of the time Seasonal-based Tempest Trials, but for non-Seasonal TTs, GHB characters for TT Bonuses aren't uncommon. The last one to use a GHB unit was the Dooryway to Destiny TT that gave us Ethlyn and gave bonus points for Jamke and before that, it was the one that gave Canas and gave bonus points for Linus.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah we have. The ones that don't use GHB characters are most of the time Seasonal-based Tempest Trials, but for non-Seasonal TTs, GHB characters for TT Bonuses aren't uncommon. The last one to use a GHB unit was the Dooryway to Destiny TT that gave us Ethlyn and gave bonus points for Jamke and before that, it was the one that gave Canas and gave bonus points for Linus.
I wasn't talking about TT bonus units, I meant that we've not previously had a TT being released in conjunction with a banner at the same time that there's a GHB themed on that same banner. For the latter case, think of how Aversa is basically an extension of the brave Redux banner. So we've never previously gotten two free units as "add-ons" to a banner in this way.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wasn't talking about TT bonus units, I meant that we've not previously had a TT being released in conjunction with a banner at the same time that there's a GHB themed on that same banner. For the latter case, think of how Aversa is basically an extension of the brave Redux banner. So we've never previously gotten two free units as "add-ons" to a banner in this way.
I think to an extent, Linus and Jamke do count as "extensions" as they, along with the TT units, are used in the story mode that introduces the Banners. Linus is fought on the maps that featured Flier Nino, Legault, Karla and Canas and Jamke is fought on the maps that featured Quan, Silvia, Lewyn and Ethlyn.
Sure, they aren't exactly deeply involved as Joshua and Aversa are to the Farfetched Heroes Banners, but I wouldn't say they aren't an add-on to the Banners that came with them.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think to an extent, Linus and Jamke do count as "extensions" as they, along with the TT units, are used in the story mode that introduces the Banners. Linus is fought on the maps that featured Flier Nino, Legault, Karla and Canas and Jamke is fought on the maps that featured Quan, Silvia, Lewyn and Ethlyn.
Sure, they aren't exactly deeply involved as Joshua and Aversa are to the Farfetched Heroes Banners, but I wouldn't say they aren't an add-on to the Banners that came with them.
From what I recall they came before the banner/TT they were "Extensions" of so it's not an exact fit for this situation, But I guess they do qualify as precedent.

Ivander

Smash Legend
From what I recall they came before the banner/TT they were "Extensions" of so it's not an exact fit for this situation, But I guess they do qualify as precedent.
*looks up*
Nino, Legault & Karla: June 8th - Linus: June 12th
Quan, Silvia & Lewyn: September 7th - Jamke: September 4th

So Jamke came shortly before the Genealogy Banner, but Linus came after the Blazing Blade Banner. So...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
*looks up*
Nino, Legault & Karla: June 8th - Linus: June 12th
Quan, Silvia & Lewyn: September 7th - Jamke: September 4th

So Jamke came shortly before the Genealogy Banner, but Linus came after the Blazing Blade Banner. So...
My memory for this stuff I garbage, so I figured I'd miss something. Oh well.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Something else I thought about when linking the GHB units to the Banners is while most GHB units are purely bonus units, Linus was a GHB unit and he was actually involved heavily in the Black Fang Tempest Trial story that the Banner was based around(besides Karla). So Linus also has that in his favor as the only other GHB unit involved in a TT story was Female Robin meeting Male Grima.

Edit: So...
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...all_the_passive_skills_null_followup_renders/

Some notes:
-It doesn't affect Double Lion, as it's an extra attack and not a follow-up, like Brave weapons.
-It affects weapons as well, including:
Assassin's Bow
Flame Seigmund
Maltet
Armads
Thunder Armads
Garm
Great Flame
Spirit Breath
Hoarfrost Knife
Refined Siegmund
Refined Brynhildr
Refined Sol Katti
Refined Binding Blade

-And it affects EVERY Follow-up skill and every skill that negates Follow-up on the character, so you cannot use both Quick Riposte and Quick Riposte Seal to negate it.
-Good luck doing Abyssal Runs where the hardest units to deal with have this skill, so good luck, especially to Armoured units.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can't wait for Abyssal Fallen Takumi with both clerics using Razzle Dazzle Flash+, 70 HP, 35/35 Defenses, 40 Speed and Null Follow Up... and Panic Ploy.

D

Deleted member

Why did the FEH Adrift video get so much dislikes? Was it bland?
Also the only thing that looked appealing was Male and Female Corrin that were dressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Why did the FEH Adrift video get so much dislikes? Was it bland?
A not insignificant portion of the fanbase is tired of seeing tons of Fates characters and alts, and this banner is more of both at a time when many were hoping for something to shake the game up with 3.0's release pending.

There's also backlash for Camilla getting a 5th alt. Similar to when Lyn and Lucina got their 5th alt, but accentuated by other factors.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Making cheese fondue while Sharena cries

Ivander

Smash Legend
Anyway: Feh Channel
-Heroic Grails for TT & GHB units. Now that merges are possible, expect TT & GHB units to actually find use in Arenas, especially Armoured units like Black Knight, Aversa, Xander, Camus, Kana, Garon, etc. Also, lots of good skill fodder too like Garon, Linus, Kana, etc. Also, 200 Starting Grails, which is nice for those wanting to get a character for a Merge or Skill already.
-Aether Raids for Grails
-Book III Announcement

-Sharena crying

Edit; Oh and considering Azura is a TT Reward and possibly a Singer. +10 Singer, anyone?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Glad to see that we finally have a good way of acquiring more GHB and Tempest Trial units now. I'm definitely aiming to get more Lyon and Joshua merges from them, and the other GHBs I'll get from them will probably for skill fodder.

Aether Raids looks like a mix of Arena and My Castle modes. Can't comment about how fun they'd turn out to be (I barely play on Arena mode these days) but hey, at least they give you those Hero Grails.

Also, am I the only that got Fate series vibes when they revealed the Hero Grails? Like, they are Holy Grails that grant people wishes by allowing them to summon the hero of their choosing? That's the impression I got from them.

And that Book III teaser.

Yeah, I had a feeling we'd get a teaser the moment static showed up. I wonder why was Sharena crying.

Eh, probably shouldn't get my hopes up for Book III. If Book II was anything to go by, the trailers will make it out to be an improvement, but then the story will turn out to be meh and not good.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
How well this free unit summon works out depends a lot on how often we get those grails. Hopefully it's not just from Aether Raids. Not being able to +10 someone all at once is fine, but it had better not be as bad as waiting to forge seals.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Aether Raids and Heroic Grails are almost two things I wanted.

I wanted a My Castle type of mode but I didn't want it tied to any leaderboards and wanted it to be Rival Domains sized. This is probably gonna just be a chore that I stop doing.

Heroic Grails are fine other than it should be for any unit you have previously summoned, not just the free ones. It's not like those rates are looking generous either.

Also I'm (or you're) gonna die and Sharena is gonna get a bionic arm. Cool I guess.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm a bit mixed here.
-To begin, the Heroic Grail is a good idea to get around the issue of GHB/TT merges. It's been a request for a long time to be able to get multiples of the bunch and now we have a consistent method of doing that. It'll be greatly helpful for characters who are good, but overshadowed by their counterparts, and at the worst will make them more useable in play.
-However, I'm really concerned about the collectable system behind it. If my math is correct, to get a +10 merged unit you need 3200 Grails to get them assuming you even have one of the unit to begin with, and to get them the only method we're aware of to acquire the grails is the Aether Raids rewards. Those rewards are given out by season from my understanding, so you won't be able to build up a surplus of them right away, and it seems like the tiers don't give out that many (the highest I saw for AR Tier was in the 30s, regular tiers didn't go too high, but considering the halfway point was about 17 that's also not very promising either). That means that ideally you're getting around 60 grails per season, which considering the steep costs for +10 heroes means you're waiting quite a bit until you have enough for just one merged unit at all, which is not ideal and I hope that there's other means of getting them if that's all we have to look forward to.
-As for the Aether Raids themselves, it's nice to have a more unique Arena that you can customize a bit, but on first impressions it's not grabbing me. It still seems like it'll be rather repetitive even with the features in mind.
-Book III teaser was a good note to end on as it definitely has my curiousity, but I'm still taking a wait and see approach to it.

All in all, some nice things, but I'm still not really excited for this FEH Channel, it just didn't interest me as much as I was hoping.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
How well this free unit summon works out depends a lot on how often we get those grails. Hopefully it's not just from Aether Raids. Not being able to +10 someone all at once is fine, but it had better not be as bad as waiting to forge seals.
I've never exactly had a problem with Seals. Although looking at it currantly, you get around 50 Grails altogether if you manage to get high on the lists on the Raid mode. Here's hoping there are other ways though.
Heroic Grails are fine other than it should be for any unit you have previously summoned, not just the free ones. It's not like those rates are looking generous either..
I feel like there would be a major issue with that, especially in terms of 5-Stars like Hardin, Grima, etc. I could definitely understand 3-Star units, but ANY UNIT previously summoned feels way too powerful.
On the other hand, if there are any units who I feel should've been on the list alongside the TT & GHB units, it is the Heroes you get from the "Hero Battles" like Felicia, Olivia, Gunter, etc. The only downside is that they are always Neutral, much like getting them on the Hero Battle.

Anyway, made a list of some notable skills from the TT & GHB units.
-Groom Marth = Drive ATK 2 and Wings of Mercy 3
-Michalis = Iote's Shield
-Camus = Goad Cavalry and Grani's Shield
-Clarisse = Glimmer and Poison Strike 3
-Legion = Panic Ploy 3
-Navarre = Threaten Speed 3
-Clive = Hit & Run
-Berkut = His Lance and Ward Cavalry
-Arden = Drive DEF 2
-Arvis = DEF Ploy 3
-Ethlyn = Physic+, SPD/DEF Bond 3, Live to Serve 3
-Jamke = Slaying Bow+, Heavy Blade and CANCEL AFFINITY(No more 5* Mathilda!)
-Julius = Draconic Aura, ATK Ploy and Guard
-Finn = Goad Cavalry
-Saias = Escape Route & Speed Ploy
-Zephiel = Life & Death 3 and Wary Fighter 3
-Narcian = Lancebreaker 3
-V!Eliwood = Goad Armor, Casa Blanca, Rally ATK/DEF, Fire Boost
-Canas = Rauorowl+ and RES Tactics
-Lloyd = Iceberg
-Linus = Brazen ATK/SPD, Luna and Drive DEF 2
-Ursula = Death Blow 3
-Lyon = Drive RES 2
-Valter = Luna and Panic Ploy 3
-Joshua = Moonbow, Close DEF 3 and Windsweep 3
-Marisa = Infantry Pulse 3 and Glimmer
-Black Knight = Steady Stance 3 and Wings of Mercy 3
-Oliver = Mirror Strike 2
-F!Robin = Blue Tomebreaker, Ignis and Gronwolf+
-Aversa = Odd Res Wave 3 and Dragon Fang
-Walhart = Luna, Grani's Shield and Chill DEF 3
-Gerome = Poleaxe+, Rally ATK/DEF, Hit & Run,
-NY!Corrin = Hama Ya+, Rally DEF/RES, Spur DEF/RES 2
-Fallen Takumi = Fury 3 and Speed Smoke 3
-Garon = Distant DEF 3 and Panic Ploy 3
-M!Kana = Brazen DEF/RES 3, Water Breath+, Fortify Dragons

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Moreses Legions is always greates

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I feel like there would be a major issue with that, especially in terms of 5-Stars like Hardin, Grima, etc. I could definitely understand 3-Star units, but ANY UNIT previously summoned feels way too powerful.
No it wouldn't. For one, you're assuming everyone has summoned a copy of every unit. Definitely not the case. It still has the condition of you needing to summon the unit first. So it won't get in the way of IS's business, especially since Heroic Grails are acquired slowly. So they're not a replacement for summoning and more of a fallback for when it keeps failing you. It also would give extra value to pity breakers.

+10 Armour teams are already rampant in Arena, it's literally the meta. So you're just making that meta a bit more accessible. Nothing new there.

And someone already did the math. Judging by the leaderboards rewards preview, it will take an active (not necessarily peak) player an entire year to get a single +10 unit from Heroic Grails. So really it wouldn't cause some widespread meta change. And in a year's time, units like M!Grima will probably be way powercrept and more balanced out (and in M!Grima's particular case, he's already been powercrept).

So yeah there really wouldn't be a problem.

Don't really care for Arena meta anyway. I just want to power up my favourite characters as best as I can for fun.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Kiran means "ray of light"
>"That day, the light died"

o o f

Top Bottom