• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia | GAME OVER: Not Equal To The Challenge

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Raziek said:
@Ruy: If I had to shoot someone right now it would be an inactive. I'm not nearly confident enough in my Kary read to shoot him.
Up to this post, does that mean you town-read everyone currently? How do you feel about Ryker?

#HBC | ѕoup

We haven't said anything though we're just *****ing and semi crumbing, what's wrong with that ?

Plus i get to watch people react to it.

Win win for me.

Why ? why not ?, what we've said so far is in no way telling or revealing, me saying crappy role just tells scum i'm frustrated town. oh boy, such advantage gained.

Not even going to touch how barely anything i ever post benefits anything or anyone besides my own insanity lol.

Soup, you said you kinda maybe liked my quick fire attitude, assume you could kill one slot, without fail, who and why ?

Probably Sokr.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Idk man, I've seen scum claim scum before, it was hella tactical.

Also we both know i can read kantrip like a book and me prodding him with wifomy questions is a part of how i judge his intent and reactions.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think his current approach is text noob-scum and his first post bothers me. It seemed like he was just trying to get as much pointers in and I couldn't understand why he said some of the things he did. His post didn't particularly tell me anything and was overall useless.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'd actually put him in the same boat and Pawndidater but I don't think they're aligned. That would sound really ridiculous. A part of me feels everyone is jumping on the Pairing bandwagon without a plan, which I don't like.

FullMetalLynch

I'd actually put him in the same boat and Pawndidater but I don't think they're aligned. That would sound really ridiculous. A part of me feels everyone is jumping on the Pairing bandwagon without a plan, which I don't like.
Four people have paired, and at least three have been for reading purposes. How is that not a plan?

FullMetalLynch

Personally soup i think if pawn's scum it'll eb really obvious really fast, like in his newbie scum game with frozen me and ran sniffed him out pretty fast but then bad play by me let it egt all sideways.

I actually found pawn's post very soft footed if you know what i mean, like he's got soem experience under his belt and flying under teh radar fits right into his scum preference, and i found his post too much to the end of just answerign without getting his feet wet, ya know

#HBC | ѕoup

Because it seems like you're just pairing now because it's cool and trendy and you don't have a reason for it other than that. I had more in mind than just reading Colonel Stars and talking privately, and my whole argument with Kary was because of this. I feel people are just pairing with the obvious choices because they either want someone they feel they can rely on or someone they feel they can manipulate. For example, Potassium jumping to pair with Sokr bothers me. I'm not sure how I feel about Ryu jumping to pair with you but if this keeps up then we'll have the thread deserted because everyone is too busy sucking the tit of their partner. That's not what I want.

#HBC | ѕoup

Rake, do you feel that Scum would pair up with another Scum in this game? Or is it likely that they would try and manipulate townies instead?

#HBC | ѕoup

Nah, I just thought I was talking to Rake. Both of you can give me your insight on it.

#HBC | ѕoup

How should we go about managing the pairs then?
I trust that people will tell what they're getting out of someone in the pairing up and how they're reading them. Kind of like what Raziek did earlier on with Ryker. Right now my views on Colonel Stars hasn't really changed from what we've talked about because I'm waiting on answers from him.

FullMetalLynch

The way I feel it is it can be situation. Early on i feel like scum would want to reach out for feelers and pick up on what the town thinks and maybe if they are lucky get some trades in. We need to look at the order they paired in. I feel like some players aka ryker would want their gun free as scum more so over not being in threat of being killed.
Mid game might be where we see the scum to scum pairing as theres the chance for setting up weapons for endgame.
Late game scum will want to be out in front imo to alpha.

FullMetalLynch

I trust that people will tell what they're getting out of someone in the pairing up and how they're reading them. Kind of like what Raziek did earlier on with Ryker. Right now my views on Colonel Stars hasn't really changed from what we've talked about because I'm waiting on answers from him.
Do you think we should actively manage the pairs later, ie having certain people in certain positions?

FullMetalLynch

Idk man that'd be dicey, personally as scum, i would sooner pair with a townie i couldn't manipulate. Someone who'd be able to "keep me in check" in a sense to give people with doubts about me a false sense of security like : no worries they can do the switch we kill him anyway. I think that pairing with someone your gonna try and manipulate would create too much risk for yourself because you can't ever assure that they won't just as soon unpair with you.

Scum pairing with scum i think could be a possible bus tactic later, like if a scummer got in trouble, tries to pair with his mate, the mate let's twon shot the scummer and gets swept under the rug as a "scapegoat" to the first scummer.

That being said, i could see something where scum would pair with each other just to give that idea of : oh hey look im trying to read this guy look how protwon i'm using this ability

#HBC | ѕoup

You're forgetting about the fact of limited uses of weaponry and the trading aspect.

FullMetalLynch

Like for instance, as scum i'd probably try to pair right off the bat with zen or soup, someone unpredictable that would give the rest of town the feel of : if rake's trying to pull **** this dude'll be all over that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
i'm feeling dabuz or pawndidater2 right now. Neither of their posts so far are filling with me confidence.

Doublevote: dabuz & pawndidater2

Skimmed the last few pages. I'll catch anything I missed later.

#HBC | ѕoup

The one before. You're not directly telling me your stance on this and you're being wishy-washy in general. I don't understand your need to hyperpost about this when it only needed one sentence or two.

#HBC | ѕoup

Do you think we should actively manage the pairs later, ie having certain people in certain positions?

No, not possible. I'm not trying to filter it, I'm trying to get something out of it. Have you and Ryu discussed anything?

FullMetalLynch

He told me where his reads where at and we briefly discussed you but that was early this morning amd nothing since,only a couple posts each.

#HBC | ѕoup

Do you have any plans to change your pairing anytime soon, or seperate?

FullMetalLynch

Personally, and i think orbo would agree, once we feel we've got the most out of the pairing, that's gonna be when we look to seperate.

Hbu soup ? you think sticking to zen longer is more beneficial than say, pairing to someone new each time ?

Top Bottom