• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I'mma just come out and ask, you down to join the wagon? Feels like you're ambivalent to join but you're not giving a solid stance on it. If not where would you rather look?
Hando/Hollow. Not sold enough that his play is scummy over really bad. A lot of the posts that have pushed his case never felt really that solid to me outside of a few posts. Those votes to me are more telling than anything dabuz has done all game.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Well I mean I guess we agree to disagree? I dunno what to tell you I sure hope we get your support but ya know if not watcha gonna do.

Btw start implementing .img's and .gif's plz I need a good laugh.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I mean he wall-posts regardless of alignment. I've played in more games with dabuz than LM, there's a reason I generally refuse to pay much attention to that slot. I've already discussed I don't mind his jump off my wagon because I disliked his vote there more than him being on it. I haven't noticed his fixation on you outside of gutfeels.

Lemme just circle back to the "this **** feels weak" thing and then reiterate to lynch hando/hollow instead as their votes were way worse than his unvote
-It's the fact that he only made those wall-posts out of requests.

-Outside of gutfeel? How about you go read what he was actually saying? He kept on asking incredibly arbitrary questions then all the sudden tried to turn it around as if he had another intent. That intent was not evident in his preceding posts at all. He was just flip-flopping because I called him out on it and he tried not to look bad.

-His jump off your wagon is very understandable. It's the moment he jumped off of it though, not the fact that he did it.
It was awfully convenient for him to do so at that very moment, moreso than if he just did it before.

#HBC | Gorf

sucks to suck my comp wasn't fixed after all i was robbed and lied to and now my heart is broken

no imgs for u
WHAT. How even?!

Btw SWF is da bomb I just accidentally clicked tab and backspace and it saved this post. No more walls being deleted johns (except those damn 502's...).

#HBC | Gorf

MiR can we have your support on the wagon if it starts coming really close to deadline n the lynch hasn't pulled through and Hando support hasn't come about? I'm pretty sure that none of the people on Dabuz' wagon are gonna budge, and I really don't wanna end in an NL.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
-It's the fact that he only made those wall-posts out of requests.
I never caught the fact he was requested to do so because i take that whole "**** dabunz" thing to the most serious level. i assume potato asked him. is this true?

-Outside of gutfeel? How about you go read what he was actually saying? He kept on asking incredibly arbitrary questions then all the sudden tried to turn it around as if he had another intent. That intent was not evident in his preceding posts at all. He was just flip-flopping because I called him out on it and he tried not to look bad.
I did. He at one point compared his scumread of you to Potato's scumread on Gorf.

-His jump off your wagon is very understandable. It's the moment he jumped off of it though, not the fact that he did it.
It was awfully convenient for him to do so at that very moment, moreso than if he just did it before.
I mean, a bunch of asshats are saying it's bad, hurp durp maybe I should reconsider it. Again, if he's scummy, that's not why. It's for **** like the way he handled his Potato read.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
MiR can we have your support on the wagon if it starts coming really close to deadline n the lynch hasn't pulled through and Hando support hasn't come about? I'm pretty sure that none of the people on Dabuz' wagon are gonna budge, and I really don't wanna end in an NL.
Oh yeh, totally. He hasn't convinced me that he's town either and he's somewhat of a coinflip in either direction. I just think the push on him hasn't been good.

#HBC | Gorf

Dude you're saying that you're serious about the **** dabunz mentality, well if **** dabunz then from your pov why not just join his wagon to get his ass outta here? He ain't shiz to you, and trust me if he lives to see toMorrow I'm likely not the only one that's gonna be trying to drive his ass into the ground. If you refuse to read him... why not just get the question out of your head? There are 5-6 people voting him right now, isn't that enough to tell you, the guy who's admitting to consciously skimming his posts, that his lynch may just be worth it?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I never caught the fact he was requested to do so because i take that whole "**** dabunz" thing to the most serious level. i assume potato asked him. is this true?

I did. He at one point compared his scumread of you to Potato's scumread on Gorf.

I mean, a bunch of ******s are saying it's bad, hurp durp maybe I should reconsider it. Again, if he's scummy, that's not why. It's for **** like the way he handled his Potato read.
- Yes, his wall-posts of Gova and Handorin in particular. He only did those because Potato asked, and they were pretty fluffy. Like there was honestly no point in making a wall-post for Handorin at that point in the game, since he had so little content to analyze

-You obviously didn't read the actual content of his questions towards me if that's what you think they're about. Do me a favor and go back and actually read the whole thing

-Cool, you used "herp derp" that makes my argument dumb. You're so right, I'm sorry.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
- Yes, his wall-posts of Gova and Handorin in particular. He only did those because Potato asked, and they were pretty fluffy. Like there was honestly no point in making a wall-post for Handorin at that point in the game, since he had so little content to analyze

-You obviously didn't read the actual content of his questions towards me if that's what you think they're about. Do me a favor and go back and actually read the whole thing

-Cool, you used "herp derp" that makes my argument dumb. You're so right, I'm sorry.
I actually was about to get to Gova right before Potato asked me (seriously, look at the end of one of my walls around that time).

I made that Hando wall to show the point that there's not much to say about Hando when Potassium asked my for opinion on the slot.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
also order up

1 quote salad for @ Make it Rain! Make it Rain!

:gova:
just gonna respond to this because it's easier than trimming

i feel like this is the second time i've seen you throw something back at the dabuz wagon about it not being good. but instead of just doing what you do, let's actually play this game:

compare the actual wagons. There are no votes like Hollow's or Hando's on dabuz's wagon. The worst vote is Scary's. I don't agree with a lot of the basis for that wagon because I felt that basis has been constantly shifting (rather than growing) since the wagon's start but that doesn't at all mean votes like theirs are like vote's like Hando's or Hollow's at all, nor do I even feel they were like dabuz's just before his unvote.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

I made that Hando wall to show the point that there's not much to say about Hando when Potassium asked my for opinion on the slot.
That was a lot of effort you went through to say that there's not much to say.
I don't think you would've gone through all that trouble if you weren't so concerned with appearing to be town. It does not seem genuine.
You could've just said "He's being inactive and uncooperative, there's not much else to say", which would have been an honest and genuine response that conveys exactly what your entire wall says in a single sentence without the overcompensation.

That's the best way to put it: overcompensation.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
That was a lot of effort you went through to say that there's not much to say.
I don't think you would've gone through all that trouble if you weren't so concerned with appearing to be town. It does not seem genuine.
You could've just said "He's being inactive and uncooperative, there's not much else to say", which would have been an honest and genuine response that conveys exactly what your entire wall says in a single sentence without the overcompensation.

That's the best way to put it: overcompensation.
I wall post a lot, sue me for it.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
my reasoning for this comes from the fact that gorf stopped garg from applying pressure to handorin earlier in the game by attributing handorins play to being anti-town and not scummy

like this is a literal cockblock of discussion

that was why the thread got sidetracked into anti-town vs scummy

i dont see why gorf would want to prevent pressure there

@ Make it Rain! Make it Rain!

what do you think of that too btw

not sure what Potassium's reasoning for it is; but i can agree on the conclusion
I actually forgot all about this or didn't notice it or some series of events. That's an interesting observation but not one I'm going to really consider because I think it's likely Gorf is town and I need to see more than "gut" to question that read.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
You can't claim that's scummy.
... What?
I kind of can.

Now you're just being ridonk

You said a whole bunch of nothing to try and show face and appear town. I saw it as an act with self-preservation in mind, rather than a genuine concern to argue something in benefit of town.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
... What?
I kind of can.

Now you're just being ridonk

You said a whole bunch of nothing to try and show face and appear town. I saw it as an act with self-preservation in mind, rather than a genuine concern to argue something in benefit of town.
Nope, I did it because it's easy to explain in walls.

#HBC | Gorf

I wall post a lot, sue me for it.
Dude, you made a wall post to say essentially nothing, that's what I'm saying.
You can't claim that's scummy.
Nope, I did it because it's easy to explain in walls.
Dabuz you are ****ing incredibly unbelievable.

#HBC | Gorf

Stifled direction? Dude, the only other directions that seems to have enough support are the two inactive slots, and if you can convince enough people to cop out on their reads and go that way go ahead. Maybe toMorrow buddy.

#HBC | Gorf

Well I guess I answered my own inquiry in that yes, the direction is stifled... But like shiz actually the only other direction that's NOT the two inactives that people seem to want is you, and I'm pretty sure you're not willing to go down that route amirite?

#HBC | Gorf

-That- wall was for showing not much to say about Hando

Walls in general I do because it's easier to explain.
Why would you make a wall... which in essence is a lot of words... to show there's not much to say about Hando. That's my point.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
While I'm rereading, show me. Get quotes. Put it together and show me the progression.
Sorry for taking so long. My main issue with how Dabuz accommodated his play is (like garg has already pointed out) that the intent seems to be more out of self preservation, the one time I actually saw a post of him that I really like was when he made tha tpost explaining why he felt the Soup wagon was bad reading that made me rethink about keeping my vote on BLS for a while ( I still held it for very long cause BLS never got back on me on my questions) I liked this post a lot cause it was the only istance I can remember where Dabuz actually went and did scumhunting and calling out a bad case without anyone telling him to specifically do that. think that was his 603. Will check on later.

Still, what I think its worse in the things we criticized about his play was when he abandoned the wagon, he claimed that he did it because he thought you would have gotten quick lynched and he was already planning on abandoning it before (which he should have just done so then)

http://smashboards.com/threads/fire...n-conquest-day-1.346599/page-27#post-16283449 I made a list with my thoughts on how unlikely a quicklynch was, I wanted to know why he thought that, as I thought it was unreasonable.

He did get back on me on that, but only commented on a few players, and didn't get back on me when I made a follow up question (if he did I missed it, will double check).

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Welp, **** this. Feel like I completely screwed town this game, really do, sucks. Potassium and Garg ended up being loud brick walls, I wanted to push and not let my role dictate how I play, maybe I shouldn't have done that...

I'm the cop.

I do legitimately believe Hando is scum, can't blame me for wanting to not only push someone else but get people off my case when i'm the cop. Was hoping MiR -might- be able to pull this wagon elsewhere since no one would listen to me and just really, felt like I was out of options agains the stubbornness of Pot + Garg.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Well I guess I answered my own inquiry in that yes, the direction is stifled... But like shiz actually the only other direction that's NOT the two inactives that people seem to want is you, and I'm pretty sure you're not willing to go down that route amirite?
I think it's stifled because it's pretty established an accepted that dabuz reads scummy.

The only two others who are worse, are as you said, inactives. And we wouldn't want to lynch inactives D1

Top Bottom