• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finishing Blow

link_goron

Smash Cadet
I have a problem with Link that causes me a loss in battle. Does anyone have any tips or strategies to get a good hit when an opponent has high damage?

Izaw

Smash Ace
Up Throw

Up B

F-Smash

D-Smash

A charged DAC

A fresh Up- tilt

Or kill them by mindgaming them by the edge with a Down Air

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Try to jab cancel into a smash attack, because jabbing is quicker than just trying to use a smash attack.; your opponent will most likely be aware of their high damage and expect a smash. Also if you can get your opponent flying in the air, make heavy use of your bombs. One set of moves I like to do is if your opponent is descending downwards in the air, make sure you are under them and throw up a bomb towards them. Your opponent will either air dodge or catch or do both. By the time they catch or dodge the bomb they will land near you and you can punish them with a down-smash. Either that happens or they just get hit by the bomb, which you then pull out another bomb for another follow-up.

Unknown17

Smash Ace
When ur opponent is far away take out bomb n jump,throw it, n get ur bow n arrow to do a double hit or to cancel ur opponents moves when he or she comes to u if the move doesn't work...

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
When ur opponent is far away take out bomb n jump,throw it, n get ur bow n arrow to do a double hit or to cancel ur opponents moves when he or she comes to u if the move doesn't work...
This makes no sense. First of all, your grammar is atrocious. Secondly, neither bombs nor arrows are good at KOing. I mean, no one passes up free damage, but I really don't understand what you mean.

Unknown17

Smash Ace
This makes no sense. First of all, your grammar is atrocious. Secondly, neither bombs nor arrows are good at KOing. I mean, no one passes up free damage, but I really don't understand what you mean.
Sorry u can understand it...is suppose to give damage to the enemy...not KO....*smiles*...sorry...

Cardd

Smash Cadet
you can always rely on the tried and true, Fsmash fake, where u do the first slash quickly, hitting em with the sword edge, and waiting till the last possible moment to do the second slash. ppl usually forget about slash#2

link_goron

Smash Cadet
Thanks. The tips have been useful already. Please continue posting new ideas, they're helpful. Sometimes I try to finish some oppoenents off early, if given the opportunity, with the d-air at around 85%-110% damage, and if miss I continue on from there. Sometimes it gets ya a quick k.o. SOMETIMES. Never hurts to try only if you're not open that is.

D

Deleted member

if you want a kill move that has massive mindgames added onto it, try a Fair (dont fast fall it)

the second hit in the fair is beast like

Force

Smash Apprentice
throw them upwards, then come from beneath with an ascending D-air, that **** is raw. any D-airs you can catch while they are on an elevated plane is nice. rang on its backswing combined with a jab or a bomb can line you up for an elevated D-air. the throw-up ascending D-air is an ok throw to kill with but the best one is just throw then jab them till they break out then do a jab cancelled forwardsmash or a short-DAC after they break from throw

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
The second slash of the F-air is deadly, more so than the first slash, unlike in Melee, where the second slash was a minor tap.
Are you crazy? The second slash in Melee was a pure monster. If anything, it is slightly weaker in Brawl. The second slash was basically as powerful as the Dair, and sent the character flying straight up. In Brawl, it's about a 45 degree angle, and it doesn't kill as reliably as you'd think, also partially due to its connection to the first slash in diminishing returns. Still useful, but not as much.

link_goron

Smash Cadet
Are you crazy? The second slash in Melee was a pure monster. If anything, it is slightly weaker in Brawl. The second slash was basically as powerful as the Dair, and sent the character flying straight up. In Brawl, it's about a 45 degree angle, and it doesn't kill as reliably as you'd think, also partially due to its connection to the first slash in diminishing returns. Still useful, but not as much.
I did not know the second hit on melee was that strong. All I got was a small hit also. I gotta see that. But I agree, the second fair swing on brawl is useful at medium-high damage.

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
I did not know the second hit on melee was that strong. All I got was a small hit also. I gotta see that. But I agree, the second fair swing on brawl is useful at medium-high damage.
Wow, I had totally misread your post. I thought you had said f-smash. Link's Fair in Melee was a lot stronger first hit, a lot weaker second hit. The second hit of the Fair in Brawl is definitely very useful and powerful. My apologies Goron.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Wow, I had totally misread your post. I thought you had said f-smash. Link's Fair in Melee was a lot stronger first hit, a lot weaker second hit. The second hit of the Fair in Brawl is definitely very useful and powerful. My apologies Goron.
At first I thought YOU were crazy, but now I know it was all just a big misunderstanding. Lol.. Fair and F-smash.....

Top Bottom