• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finished tounrey......look at last post

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
-_-

WOW at all of the posts here

IM..
MSN..
I DONT CARE..
GET TOGETHER....
FIND A TIME...
PLAY....

Specifically
SuperStar....Its either Paramount....or Parallax
NT Supamario....I edited you so you could play....you haven't played a round vs matt
PLAy...your game already...or at least post
And specifically for doubles.....
PLAY SINGLES FIRST
and specificlaly for AFT....you have to play boomfan
READ THE NEW BRACKETS

Superstar

Smash Champion
Easier said than done. First of all, I didn't know his SWF account name, since he's never posted here, it was only through Zen's topic that I found out it was Parallåx, with the weird a. His last visit was on Aug 16. Even if I could IM, he has NO MSN/AIM in his account. I sent a PM in the sheer hope he'll see it, but right now the only contact means left is EGX, and since I don't hang there all day, I asked what times does he usually get on, here and on EGX, I got no answer. I PMd Malva and he ignored it.

Basically, I was given an opponent with no means of contact. But thanks about the Paramount bit of information, it's something I can look out for on my random visits to EGX.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Because NT supamario never showed up.......MattNF wins his round
Im also D/Qing him.....
PD...that means you won your second round
you need to play PD in losers

Surri you need to play Lawrencelot

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Ill do my best to fix that :D

jk do you need to be on hamachi, or can you join hosted games?
I can not host with or without hamachi, but I can join with or without hamachi. I prefer with hamachi. Join the Smashers_Tourney hamachi group please, because I don't play on EGX normally.

Edit: also, does anyone know how to fix that "can't host problem"?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I can not host with or without hamachi, but I can join with or without hamachi. I prefer with hamachi. Join the Smashers_Tourney hamachi group please, because I don't play on EGX normally.

Edit: also, does anyone know how to fix that "can't host problem"?
You have to open the hosting port(s) through firewall and through router if you have one.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Oh yeah, that was the problem. The router I use is not mine, so I can't change anything about it.
Your stealing internet from your neighbour? LOL j/k

Try using other ports then. Im not sure if you can play with any port but... For example, the port 80 is used for navigating through websites and its always open for everybody, it can be probably used for playing smash too.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Surri-Sama vs Law 1-2

i lost woot....

I think I could have won but i made some huge mistakes...i didn't use as much offensive Bair as i should have, i never successfully edge guarded once. you bested me, but i will get you back xP

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Is there anyone from europe on doubles? If not I'll do it for sure. need a partner tho. D; Or am i too late to get in

Xelgand

Smash Apprentice
Green Blob, join the hamachi network or PM me so we can match

Net: Smashers_Tourney
Pass: smash

@Lawrencelot, for p2p hosting on hamachi you need anything but disable your windows (or any other) firewall.

Usually, the hamachi ip range 5* isn't blocked by windows' firewall. By default you should be able to host

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Surri-Sama vs Law 1-2

i lost woot....

I think I could have won but i made some huge mistakes...i didn't use as much offensive Bair as i should have, i never successfully edge guarded once. you bested me, but i will get you back xP
LOL Lawren is owning his way like he did in European ladder...

@ Greenblob: Joining a hamachi network its like joining a server but you play p2p with everybody instead (all IP's shown)

BTW, hey Agony, I'm waiting for your reply!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
LOL Lawren is owning his way like he did in European ladder...

@ Greenblob: Joining a hamachi network its like joining a server but you play p2p with everybody instead (all IP's shown)

BTW, hey Agony, I'm waiting for your reply!
ugh, i had beat him best 2-3 when he where playing for that ladder thing xP

Superstar

Smash Champion
Boom I assume is just uncomfortable in delay, but he can still play. I still beat people when it's choppy, it's just uncomfortable.

Also, I noticed my campus ping is different at different parts. Tomorrow I need to run ping and speed tests at different parts of the campus. For example, the game room has a very low ping but is VERY unstable online, and the second floor lounge has a high ping and much greater delay, but it's a cleaner connection. I'll find a spot.

I want to install Hamachi, but I have no network to really join. Might as well try the tournament one, eh?

Still haven't found Parallax.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
We should have an international Smashboards Hamachi Room, would be cool and practical.
It would be like an international server with less delay than Kaillera servers because its P2P.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Boom I assume is just uncomfortable in delay, but he can still play. I still beat people when it's choppy, it's just uncomfortable.

Also, I noticed my campus ping is different at different parts. Tomorrow I need to run ping and speed tests at different parts of the campus. For example, the game room has a very low ping but is VERY unstable online, and the second floor lounge has a high ping and much greater delay, but it's a cleaner connection. I'll find a spot.

I want to install Hamachi, but I have no network to really join. Might as well try the tournament one, eh?

Still haven't found Parallax.
The ping on EGX is what determines your delay, thus why p2p is a much better means of playing, it cuts out ping and gives you the best connection speed possible directly between the two players ;D

We should have an international Smashboards Hamachi Room, would be cool and practical.
Its really like an international server with less delay than Kaillera servers because its P2P.
the thing about this is Hamachi can only host 16 (thats what it was last time i tryed to use it) non-paying members...after 16 they wont be able to connect

Superstar

Smash Champion
By campus ping, I mean a ping test from a place in the University to EGX. :p I just ran "ping" on the command prompt. Now if only I knew the domain that hosts EGX, so that I don't have to try remembering the IP.

And if I want to be pedantic, there is still ping in P2P, just that the ping is shared.

I have Hamachi set up. And apparently the campus wireless has been having problems, but at certain areas it's significantly better than from home. And about the 16 people, that sucks.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
the thing about this is Hamachi can only host 16 (thats what it was last time i tryed to use it) non-paying members...after 16 they wont be able to connect
You can do several rooms... numer 1, number 2... And you can be in all of them at the same time.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Nixxon I'm not that good. All my matches in this tourney, from the first, were 2-1. I don't think I stand a chance against Boom, or Sheermadness. If there's delay (it was 5 frames against Surri so it's not even that much) it won't be in my advantage, because I'm used to play p2p to europeans with 2-3 frames. And I got some weak spots, which players who know me (which is not the case at this stage of this tourney), or better players (which is the case), can exploit.

Still, I think I'm good enough not to get owned by Sheermaddness (what character does he use?). If I won't get owned, I'm happy. I want to play p2p though, on EGX I have no lag but I do have 11 frames delay.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Nixxon I'm not that good. All my matches in this tourney, from the first, were 2-1. I don't think I stand a chance against Boom, or Sheermadness. If there's delay (it was 5 frames against Surri so it's not even that much) it won't be in my advantage, because I'm used to play p2p to europeans with 2-3 frames. And I got some weak spots, which players who know me (which is not the case at this stage of this tourney), or better players (which is the case), can exploit.

Still, I think I'm good enough not to get owned by Sheermaddness (what character does he use?). If I won't get owned, I'm happy. I want to play p2p though, on EGX I have no lag but I do have 11 frames delay.
I know you arent as good as some americans, but Boom said he does much worse on delay, i was just trying to predict the future lol.
Sheer is a Yoshi player, he must be so good to beat other good players with higher tier chars. I never faced a really good Yoshi. I suspect if its the first time you do, it has to be tough.

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
hey koro, what times are you usually on? I've been really busy with school but I might squeez a time in if you let me know. Otherwise I'm usually on late at night. I'm in central time btw.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
hey koro, what times are you usually on? I've been really busy with school but I might squeez a time in if you let me know. Otherwise I'm usually on late at night. I'm in central time btw.
Im usually on after 10 eastern time, if you have AIM you just could AIM me

Top Bottom