• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally, videos of my Ganon

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I got out a combo video but really didn't have any videos of my ganon..

I got some recorded and did my best to improve the quality over how bad the other videos were. Hope you enjoy..but my opponent isn't as skilled as me, thats obvious..and I'd have to drive over two hours to reach players better than him, hes the only decent guy within an hour and a half drive basicly unless some of my old friends plan on visiting me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ijoq4WKeVGA Ganon vs fox

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x8KUpNRnL5g Ganon vs fox round two

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FIbCShStTo4 Ganon vs marth

theres also an old ganon vs peach up but the peach isn't too good.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YoCHPnZBLk0

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Your Ganon is alright but I only watched the first Fox and the Marth one. I think you would be better or get better if you played some harder people. That Marth match was really sad on Marth's part. Don't get me wrong you played everything correctly but I saw areas where the MArth and Fox both screwed up on punishing you. just saying
-IIX

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Which is quite obvious. I stated that basicly in the first post..but I'd have to drive for two hours to get anyone better, all the good players are in rocky mount.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
WAY TOO MANY DAIRS, but that might be because you're fighting a noob

but in reality, you really need to work on approaching and mindgames based off these vids, you didn't even attempt to mindgame your opponent at all and you should almost never approach with dair because of it's start-up and the fact you have to be really close for it to hit

nowhere near to enough uairs, especially for edgegaurds and anti-edgegaurds

you're ganon was very predictable, not saying it's not good, but you gotta change your game up, cause with that style, anyone who can effectively use sheild games (meaning really good mindgames with the sheild), could most likely beat you or give you a really tough time

dthrow to dair will not work on any character (i mean that hitting the dair in the air), especially on a marth, who should be able to fair you first, then proceed to ****

work on sheild games, sheild cancelling, wavedashing (i think i saw 3 in total), platform dashing, ledge dashing, pretty much all the more advanced stuff

but it's decent, keep up the work

DippnDots

Feral Youth
You're, as m4f said, very predictable. You were on the aggressive side the entire match it seemed, and as it seems in all your videos. You really need to play with some better people to get good feedback. Sure, 2 hours sucks, but it's not that bad really, and it's not like we're asking you to do it on a consistent basis, just get some videos one weekend and you don't have to play with them for a while.

One thing I did notice was that you missed L-cancels on some Dairs. This should never happen, ever. While it wasn't a big deal against your opponents, good people would severely punish you for it. Using Dairs is very risky against intelligent people. I notice that when I throw a Dair at somebody, it's usually not something I think about beforehand, it's more of an impulse I get when I'm sure it's going to connect.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think you need to grab a bit more

you're tech chasing was nice from what you did in the vid, but his tech's were very predictable (i think he always went away)

once you get vids against better people, you'll get real criticism (sp?)

oh, and stop dsmashing so much, it's his worst smash by far, try fmash pivot (you know what i mean), works great against anyone

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I really like how two of the people I dislike most of the ganon boards and vice versa on the ganon boards are the only two people that bothered to watch my videos.

Read the first post, I said he was the best I could get at the time, I don't find myself predictable at all, I vary my approaches, I turtled in shield, I over-bed when he felt he was safe, I wasn't half as predictable as you say.

Also, mood, you were the one that said my combo video needed mindgames and numorous other dumb things, such as marth's f-smash being short ranged...so unless you have something nice to say, please don't say it.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
what's the first then, falcon's knee?

anyways, fight better opponents (to stay on topic)

you dislike me and dots the most...

shame on you

i've been in the poke boards (yes, deal with it) for a while and i decided to come back and visit the boards, and saw that you posted vids, so i wanted to see how good you were, you let me down and proved to me that you're only slightly above average and only want to take advice from people who you know are the best

even though some of the best advice given doesn't have to be from the best

i honostly don't know how good dots is, i think he's most likely a little bit above my skill level, but probably has a lot more tournament experience than i do

so please, if you have nothing nice to say about people who were trying to be nice and help (even though we had conflictions in the past), please don't post it

is it considered spam afterall

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Just abit above average? I guess you're not even learning the controllers buttons yet considering how much better I am than you.

You say very idiotic things then try to give advice like you do indeed know something, I don't want nor do I need to listen to anything you say.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I have to agree that you need to have better players for vids to strut your stuff.

I live two hours away from anyone decent, too. The biweeklies here are an hour and thirty minutes away but also very few people show up. I feel your pain. =(

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Blue, why do you take every piece of criticism as an insult? You asked for people to critique your video. We did, and you take it as if we're insulting you. "Negative" feedback as you seem to see it, is the best kind really. Because instead of people kissing your ***, which accomplishes nothing, you can hopefully learn from our feedback and improve.

And we did read the part about how good people are 2 hours at least away. I replied to that by saying that it's not going to kill you to make ONE two hour drive to record some videos. We're not asking you to do it on a daily basis, just once, to get videos.

I'm going to throw some definitions in here given to us by www.m-w.com (Merriam-Webster dictionary online)

criticism: the art of evaluating or analyzing works of art or literature

NOT insulting. So please don't become flabbergasted over anything we say, because we're really not out to get you. At least, I'm not, I can't read m4f's mind so he might actually be.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Crap post

Anyways, mindgames and being predictable is a bad thing to see in a vid where he outplays the opponent. Maybe he doesn't need to mix up his game to beat him or knows how to manipulate his opponent into doing what he wants. That is why it is always good to show vids with an opponent of equal skill level or more to critique from.

In other words, the only thing you can see in vids are stupid mistakes and tech skill.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I didn't attack you dippin, because you know what you are talking about abit, mood, doesn't

I'm not driving two hours unless its to a tourney so consider my skill capped till then, I just wanted to see if there was anything flawed about my game that can be seen through this.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
honostly bluedeath

i gave you advice that any good player would give you

now, if renth said the same thing, would you have taken it

most likely cause you think he's like the best of the best out there

and really, that was all based on vids against a mediocre player so i can't tell how good you are, and as of right now, you're above average

at least i have vids against a top 10 in state player

now please, look at your mistakes and rethink what you have done

cause honostly, i don't think there's going to be much better advice than what i gave you

what do you think i just did, i pretty much pinpointed everything that could help you improve to be better

and no dots, i'm not out to get him, he's just being the biggest pain in the @$$ ever...as usual

but i have to agree with you on one thing, i'm not driving 2 hours to find someone good, not worth the gas money

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I hope and pray renth comes in just because you said that.

Renth is good, don't get why you said i "Think", he IS good.

You aren't, you know nothing, you talked about how chaingrabbing is useless, tech chasing is dumb, marth's f-smash is short ranged..the list goes on, I'd rather listen to a ******** kid tapping buttons on the controller than you.

And considering how bad NC is, lenca probably is in the top ten X.x, but I have played one of the top three and defeated him consistently, his name would be pac, but you think I can get any videos against him? No, not unless hes feeling like traveling (of which, he has done before).

mood4food77

Smash Hero
renth has nothing against me

i don't think he's even home

now, you say you can't get vids of him playing you, which you can if you ask to visit him one day or him to go to you and at one of those times, you can record matches, he's a good player and we'll criticize you differently

it's what we do

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Mood, honestly, I wouldn't take anything from you, much less critques based on all the bull you've said in the past. You don't make very much sense half of the time..with your join date and post count, you should know the basics, but most of the time you prove that wrong.

I may do that, I may call him up and we get together, but can I do that right now? No, I can't.

the fox player wasn't THAT bad, he didn't know how to deal with ganon but he got owned because he got read, but he wasn't just pure trash, he did combo me abit and did decent on the fountain match.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm not saying right this instance, but if you really want us to critique you, then show us vids of you against someone good

just like you've told me

and yes, i have been proven wrong in the past

like my sheild cancelled dairs (which i've come to a conclusion which in smash terms, i was right, will explain later)

so i stopped posting for awhile, stuck in the poke boards, and changed how i said things, and then decided to help people out

you being the first one cause it was ganon, and we've had conflicts in the past, so i really wanted to see how you were

so i got my result, i wasn't impressed much because of the amount of mistakes you made

i gave you advice on how to perfrom better, and you just say, "i don't take help from anyone who isn't great"

so basically, if renth, chaddd, or linguini said the same thing i did, you would agree with them and this wouldn't have happened

well, anyways here's my explanation for my sheild cancelled dairs

sheild cancel is a term in smash bros. pertaining to the action of cancelling your sheild with the action of a jump or a move

now, sheild cancel is pretty much a slang term, so it works out

now in the past tense, sheild cancelled, puts the entire phrase into past tense, not just the 2nd part of it

now when adding a move onto the end of the phrase, like sheild cancelled dair, it means that you've cancelled your sheid with move x (dair in that case)

while in proper english you may be correct but sheild cancel is a smash term and therefore the entire term can be put into a tense

sheild cancelling-the process of cancelling your sheild

etc

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
please stop posting in my video thread..and if renth told me exactly what you told me..I'd question their abilities.

And if you say that one more time, I'm going to use all my abilities to make your life a living hell. I stated that crap already.

And for the last time, Shield cancels aerials do not exist, you made it up, you can't just make up names for things like that.

I'm renaming the down-b "Boot to ***" then.

but once again, stop posting in my thread, you stated what you had to say already.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i know renth is good

you just seem to take advice only from people that you know are good and are the biggest @$$ to everyone else

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
GRrr, mood doesn't listen..and oh..as far as you telling me to play better people still despite I clearly stated why I couldn't.

You play noobs and go even with them for the most part in your videos..hmmm...lets see, thats not too good now is it?

At least I read and own my noobs, instead of letting them screw me up.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ever heard of adjusting to battle

that's how i play

and by the way, i never use ganon against my bro cause it's completely unfair for him and it always ends in a less than 1 minute match against him, so i try for the most part to help him out

besides he likes being on youtube

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
lol adjusting to battle eh? so you purposely do worse?

Sure, and your name is John isn't it?

once again..stop posting in my thread, we've got two pages of crap.

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I saw any wavelanding or wavedashing, that makes me sad. Also, I would have liked to see more Vulture kicks. Edgeguarding was way too much stomp, not enough.. well anything else. Over all, not too shabby.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
actually, my middle name is John (no joke)

haven't you watched matches of people getting owned and then owning back

it's called adjusting to the situation, some take longer than others

and also, at least my bro punishes my mistakes unlike your opponent did

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Yeah, and my opponent was far better than your brother, guess you're making far worse mistakes.

And once bloody again, stop posting in my thread, no one wants you here.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
and you think that's gonna stop me

now we can't base skill off of vids can we

and besides, you said you lived in a state that is really bad in the smash community while i live in a state with the top smash community and constantly (well not as much as i should) who's beaten a bunch of the top 25, not in sets but matches and whatnot

btw, you cannot limit my posting in a thread just because you created it

i mean, people need some fun once in a while

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
lol thats funny coming from you brawl

mood, you suck, your videos show you getting owned by noobs and you post stupid idiotic things like you know something. I may fight noobs, but at least at own them.

Force Frontal by Chicken

Smash Apprentice
What is your problem bluedeath? You ask for advice and then when people give it to you you tell them how they are wrong and how you are better than them? And another thing, you aren't very good so stop giving advice in the forums. I notice it alot in the marth boards. If someone asks a noob question you tell them how bad they suck and then yell at them for asking it. You are nothing more than a useless, nubby, ****ty *** troll and SWF would be a better place if you would stop posting in it.

But anyways, back on topic... The fox you played against is pretty bad, and even though you beat him pretty bad, you did a terrible job realizing what he was going to do next. Against any player you should carefully watch for any habits and react to them. You need to be careful not to get burned when then switch it up, but you do need to work on your observational skills.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i only posted the one of him winning cause he pretty much begged me too

and the others were just crap, and he wanted them up anyways cause he thinks he did alright in them

those were more for my bro than me

and the ones where i did **** him, were just to show my basic fighting ideas and see what else i can add to it

Top Bottom