• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally, a Smash Brothers drinking game!

Zjiin

Smash Master
Umm what is the point, I would not think of ever drinking with this game, you get worse the more you drink...
uh... that's the fun of it. You never get better with anything when you drink, except puking.

And lol @ people who come into a drinking game thread and say they don't want to drink.

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
The Official Brawl Drinking Rules (at Reading University, England)
- came up with this today in my Calculus of Variation lecture *clears throat/crumbs on keyboard*:

At the beginning of the event
The Alcohol:
The Alcohol must be a minimum of 40%, and there must be at least 2 bottles of it. More than one variety is accepted (e.g. One Bottle of Vodka, One Bottle of Blue Aftershock).

The Initial Battle:
The participants engage in a sober Brawl battling session - where the winner of this Tournament/FFA gets 1ST Pick on who wins in the Spectator Mode. 2nd Place gets 2nd Pick etc. etc.

2 people can bet on the same character IF AND ONLY IF there are more than 4 participants in the betting. If there is 4 or under, you must take one character each.

The Prizes:
All participants who bet on
1st Place get to dictate where 5 Shots of alcohol go, and last pick next round.
2nd Place get to dictate where 3 Shots of alcohol go and 3rd pick next round.
3rd Place get to dictate where 1 shot of alcohol goes and 2nd pick next round.
4th Place gets 1st pick next round, and nothing else.

These shots of alcohol can be distributed in whatever manner the participants desire. The 1st Place winner, for example, can give all 5 shots of alcohol to 4th place, or 1 shot to 4th place and 4 shots to themselves.

The competition resumes until all alcohol is finished.

What do you all think? :D
I'm tellin' ya this game will last about 10 minutes if you play with liquor. Change it to beer and change shots to drinks.

1st Place gives a beer for someone to chug and last pick next round.
2nd Place gives six drinks away (or six oz. half a beer) and 3rd pick.
3rd place gives 3 drinks and 2nd pick plus is beer *****.
4th place gets first pick next round, but has to play with pants off.

If you give someone one person 5 shots of vodka, its going to take them some time to finish them or they will just lie about it. Plus theres no way you will be able to finish 2 bottles in that short amount of time. With beer you can play for an hour or so since smash matches are like 5 minutes long at max.

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure that many of the people on this board are under 21, but for all those fossils out there like myself, I'm extremely pleased with this update! Smash Brothers is basically THE game that my friends and I play when we get together. That's great and all, but occasionally we feel like adding drinking to the mix. If you've ever tried to drink and play Smash Brothers though, you'll realize that after a four or five consecutive losses (at one shot per loss), you've basically lost your ability to play the game.

Spectator mode is perfect for this though! It also eliminates the problem of the "best" player being the most unlikely to drink.

That being said, I'm sure this wasn't Sakurai's intent, and I'm sure that it's going to be a lot of fun even without drinking. On the other hand, I'm sure it won't beat actually playing the game!

yea i was thinking the same thing... me n my boys would do the same with melee... if we werent doin shots tho... whenever someone would die, wed pause the game and have the person who lost a life drink for 5 seconds, easy way to get smashed.... no pun intended.

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
i really gotta try that game with every time you win you take a shot. and i agree with the guy whosaid why would ppl come to the drinkin thread to say they dont drink

the official spectator drinking game kinda reminds me of irish poker

LipeCau

Smash Cadet
Well I'm 19... But I'm in Brazil, we can drink at 18 here (can't drive till 18 too though). But that's a great idea, I'm definitely going to do it.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
The Official Brawl Drinking Rules (at Reading University, England)
- came up with this today in my Calculus of Variation lecture *clears throat/crumbs on keyboard*:

At the beginning of the event
The Alcohol:
The Alcohol must be a minimum of 40%, and there must be at least 2 bottles of it. More than one variety is accepted (e.g. One Bottle of Vodka, One Bottle of Blue Aftershock).

The Initial Battle:
The participants engage in a sober Brawl battling session - where the winner of this Tournament/FFA gets 1ST Pick on who wins in the Spectator Mode. 2nd Place gets 2nd Pick etc. etc.

2 people can bet on the same character IF AND ONLY IF there are more than 4 participants in the betting. If there is 4 or under, you must take one character each.

The Prizes:
All participants who bet on
1st Place get to dictate where 5 Shots of alcohol go, and last pick next round.
2nd Place get to dictate where 3 Shots of alcohol go and 3rd pick next round.
3rd Place get to dictate where 1 shot of alcohol goes and 2nd pick next round.
4th Place gets 1st pick next round, and nothing else.

These shots of alcohol can be distributed in whatever manner the participants desire. The 1st Place winner, for example, can give all 5 shots of alcohol to 4th place, or 1 shot to 4th place and 4 shots to themselves.

The competition resumes until all alcohol is finished.

What do you all think? :D
Not bad, but I think some changes should be made like less shots and people can pick whoever they want.

I've got a good one, and it prevents anyone from cheating.

MLG rules, standard 4 stock game. For every stock you have left at the end of the match, take a shot. If you lose all four stock, take two shots. That way if you consistently lose, you still progressively get drunk, but the person who continues to win doesn't stay sober. The more drunk the other players are, the more likely they'll lose faster, and the more stock the winner will have.

EVERY IS HAPPY AND DRUNK BY THE END!

This is amazing.

Also, point of clarification on the spectator drinking game. You watch a match with your friends, bet who will win, and if you lose take a shot?

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
drunk smash is so much fun. for the people im playing agianst anyways, i seem to be overly nice and walk off the edge five times while saying, youre too good theres no point you deserve to win!

Kirye

Smash Ace
I play better when i'm drunk, so I think this idea's awesome. XD

Me sober is pretty much me being on something, only when i'm drunk is when i'm truly.. myself!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Friends don't let friends smash drunk. It dont add up.

but seriously, I look forward to drinking large quantities of mountain dew after days in and out of watching Brawl. Spectator mode may have some cool parts after all...

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
That's why you play losers pour, so the winners play progressively worse until they start losing.

trash

Smash Rookie
also- i had this idea with this girl that thought she could destroy me at video games:
basically the same, but ->
Strip super smash bros.
5 stock
5 articles of clothing
nice, right?

Dalazum

Smash Rookie
Lie, lie to my face
Tell me it ain't no thing
That's what I wanna hear

Take, your lie to the grave
That's what an old friend told me
Look what it did for him

Refrão:

The truth hurts so bad, wouldn't you say?
So why tell it?
If ignorance is bliss, then I'm in
Heaven now

Run, you'll never escape
You see, you'll go nowhere
Based on who you appear

Broke, laid to waste
Turn into sweet no-things
Kiss you goodbye

[3's & 7's lyrics on http://www.metrolyrics.com]

Refrão:

The truth hurts so bad, wouldn't you say?
So why tell it?
If ignorance is bliss, then I'm in
Heaven now

Keep going over and over again
The never ending places I've never been
No one is catching on
Callin' my bluff
The devil made me holier than I've ever been

What'd you do?
Say it with a smile, boy
Making us all forget

What'd you do?
Say it with a smile, boy
Making us all forget

Making us all forget
Making us all forget

Teeb147

Smash Legend
i dont know any girls good at ssb, maybe its a good idea to play against them drunk!

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
lol i'm 18 and legal to drink (man, gotta love Australia), and I sure as hell am gonna give this a go!

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
All of the smug *******s posting in here about "not conforming to what society dictates" can stop all the verbal masturbation.

It's really easy not to be offended/annoyed by a thread, click the back button.

ps: I'm not a drinker, just sick of the lingering smell of smug wafting off of people like you and the people who wrinkle their noses at me while I smoke a cigarette. ****ing media demonization of cigarette smokers!!!! :mad: /rant

rexpro02

Smash Cadet
the best drinking games are NOT with vodka and whiskey unless you're a freshman in highschool and hate the taste of beer. lame.

The best drinking games come from beer. Haven't any of you been to a college party? HOORAY FOR BEEEER!!!
thats right NOT with vodka or whiskey BUT with RUM and Tequila !!!:chuckle:like a man!!:chuckle:

P.S. : venezuelan beer is the best XD:chuckle:

Top Bottom