• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final smash ideas

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
i dont know why, but with Olimar, i picture tons of pikmin coming together to form an object or something. anyone remember those old cartoons where somebody is being chased by some bees, and they all swarm together to form scissors or an arrow or whatever? i had something like that in mind

what do you folks think?

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
maybe he'll call on his ship or something, or cause a huge swarm of pikmin to rush across the screen destroying anything in it's path, or maybe he'll get like pikmin reinforcements to help out with his attacks or something, lol i have no idea, this guy could have anything

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
It WILL obviouslly be either Emperor Bublax, or Smoky Progg, or Titan Dweevil arrives and decimates all the other players.

If you don't know who these three are, shame on you and go search them up on youtube!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I like the thread makers idea, actually.

Or it could be something with his ship, or the pikmin ships?

Drgnfiv

Smash Rookie
I hope he doesn't just summon a bunch of Pikmin to attack. It might fit the character somewhat, but that would be kind of uncreative and boring in my opinion since we already have similar FS's like that with Dedede and Pit.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I like this idea better: spicy and bitter sprays...i.e., all your pikmin get boosted (power, speed) and your enemies (in the vicinity) get turned to stone temporarily...

I mean, this is how you killed big enemies in Pikmin2. It seems fitting.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
I'm willing to bet that's it going to be something like. he'll call onions to the field and a swarm of pikmin attack everyone kinda like Pit's army of Palutina

I forgot about those though I don't think It'll be his Final smash it may be a special attack
I haven't played Pikmin 2, but I believe the Bomb rocks are the most destructive weapons Olimar has.

Granted, Sakurai could pull a Super Smash out of nowhere, ala the Mario Finale.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
I haven't played Pikmin 2, but I believe the Bomb rocks are the most destructive weapons Olimar has.

Granted, Sakurai could pull a Super Smash out of nowhere, ala the Mario Finale.
their where also in the first pikmin , but I think Olimer might have multiple final smashes based on what type of pikmin he has and how many though I will admit this seems highly unlikely.

Awex

Smash Lord
The way it's hinted that "Without Pikmin you can't even perform a smash attack" makes me think you keep losing them and have to continually pull them from the ground, and they'll attack with you similar to the Ice Climbers.
So rather than have a bunch of NPC enemies appear like with dedede and Pit, you would simply be given the full 100 Pikmin (Like in the game) To aid you until they're all gone or you die. They'd fly in via the onions or something like that.

That'd be my guess.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
The way it's hinted that "Without Pikmin you can't even perform a smash attack" makes me think you keep losing them and have to continually pull them from the ground, and they'll attack with you similar to the Ice Climbers.
So rather than have a bunch of NPC enemies appear like with dedede and Pit, you would simply be given the full 100 Pikmin (Like in the game) To aid you until they're all gone or you die. They'd fly in via the onions or something like that.

That'd be my guess.
That actually makes a lot of sense for a final smash I won't be surprised if this was his final smash

Urser

Smash Apprentice

That'd be my guess.
Yeah, that'd be great. It doesn't do damage but is there so you can spend more time focusing on attacks rather than gaining Pikmin.

It'd also be different. :)

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't 100 pikmin cause a big frame rate drop?
Although it would make sense.

Awex

Smash Lord
Wouldn't 100 pikmin cause a big frame rate drop?
Although it would make sense.
Possibly, But this is a very detailed, new game. Look at Lylat Cruise! I think framerate issues will be less of a problem compared to Melee, and my guess might be correct. (Maybe there's a reason the Pikmin shown in the screenshots look so low quality, hmmm? ;D)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
While the army attack may seem uncreative of all the characters in brawl it would make most sense with him. Thats what you do in his game control an army of pikmin. They could mix it up a bit by instead of just a stampede having the army consist of exactly 100 and have them go crazy on the stage. So some might jump on and attack players, some may just stand around some may steal items and try to walk away with them etc.... just 100 independent creatures that last till their killed, but they'd be KOed pretty easy. And of course they wouldn't bother the person who summoned them.

err sorry I see someone had pretty much the exact same idea, i'll read the entire thread next time...

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
their where also in the first pikmin , but I think Olimer might have multiple final smashes based on what type of pikmin he has and how many though I will admit this seems highly unlikely.
I actually think this is very likely. It would be very interesting, as when you get the FS Ball you can still move around, and different Pikmin would do different stuff, like have enemys fall asleep, some give damage, some could steal health from other players, etc. etc.

Tomo009

Smash Apprentice
I see 2 likely FS's

1. The both sprays idea

2. The 100 pikmin but they dont jsut swarm they all do random things so maybe onyl half really do anything and of those only around 20 attack while others do other things

i knwo both have already been suggested

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
How will Olimar puill out 100 Pikmin in time?
How will 100 Pikmin leave in steel floor...?
I think it would be best if Olimar summoned his ship or something, I don't think the Pikmin thing would matter though you need Pikmin to hit the Smash Ball... :3

Ranthozyk

Smash Cadet
Maybe it'll give him more pikmen then normal (Probably not 100), and turn all those pikmin into flower form? :o I dunno, just throwing out an idea.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Pickmen Stampede, they run accross the stage, jumping everywhere, its only fitting if its like Yoshi Stampede in the Melee intro...

Bohrain

Smash Rookie
I would imagine something like this: Blop of nectar drops in stage and Pikmins drink it. Then they will become invulnerable and start whacking up everyone!

Allin

Smash Journeyman
I have stange feeling hes just ganna summon a bunch of Super Pikimin to aid him like know attakc boosting Pikmin.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I would imagine something like this: Blop of nectar drops in stage and Pikmins drink it. Then they will become invulnerable and start whacking up everyone!
lol great and somewhat humorous...how about many drops of nectar also can get characters stuck if they go into it.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Final Smash: PikMii

I know exactly what Nintendo is going to do with Olimar's FS: Smash Ball summons a huge swarm of pikmins that follow Olimar in combat, they will stay with Olimar till shattered.

The swarm with be composed with your current Pikmin color group ratio. For Ex. if Olimar has all colors of Pikmin in his group then the swarm will be composed of all races of Pikmin equally, but if Olimar only has red Pikmin remind in his group, then the swam will only has the red specie.

Just remember that I called this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
prob just some giant group of pikmin pop out of the ground and run around sometimes jumping and if the opponent touches em they get hurt

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
So far, I think since Pit and Dedede already have similar FS's I want to guess that Olimar's will be something besides the expected "swarm-style" FS. Something like the glob of nectar or spicy spray, but realistically, those seem less likely. Pikmin are pretty much MADE to swarm.
I bet the Onions fly in and spit out tons of Pikmin that start attacking everything they can.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
DRY BONES said:
dont know why, but with Olimar, i picture tons of pikmin coming together to form an object or something. anyone remember those old cartoons where somebody is being chased by some bees, and they all swarm together to form scissors or an arrow or whatever? i had something like that in mind
Well in Pikmin 2 the pikmin do something like that, the stand in such a way as the form the word Pikmin 2 on the title screen.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the army Final Smash now that there are already two.

I'm still wishing for Emperor Bublax, Smoky Progg, or Titan Dweevil as a final Smash.
(Titan Dweevil more because that was an epic fight! No other creature in Pikmin 1 & 2 comes close to him in terms of fighting style.)

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
If it's an army of pickmin that you control it needs the pickmin trumpet sound when you make them move with the c-stick in both pickmin games. I like the spray idea though.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Not original, but- Have all five onions land and have the Pikmin swarm the stage.

My first thought was actually having the Pikmin kidnap a player and put them in an onion, and then the amount of Pikmin who come out and swarm the stage after that is dependant on who you put in (like Bowser getting you the full swarm, and Pikachu getting you only a few). Of course, the kidnapee would take the most damage.

Top Bottom