• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final smash ideas

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
Though with the pikmen franchise most people are gonna be envisioning a hoard of pikmen in a single giant plant wave I really hope Sakurai is a tad more creative. Something such as that would be a DeDeDe clone...

I have two ideas that I think would work perfectly for Olimar. Both ideas use the number of pikmen currently on the field as the scale for the damage done.

Photosynthesis!
1. Olimar grabs a smash ball! The pikmin on the field dig themselves back underground and there a giant rain storm appears followed right afterwards with intense sunlight! Under these conditions the Pikmin's flowers start glowing brightly and they grow HUGE and ravage the field around them. Obviously the more Pikmin the better, with 5 oversized specimens completely destroying everything! The Red's send out flames! The Blue's send out waves of water! The Yellow's attack with bombs! The Purple sends out shockwaves! And the Albino pikmin covers the field with poison! (Think the PTs triple assault)

Olimar's Aerial Assault!
2. Olimar grabs a smash ball! His ship flies down and Captain Olimar and the Pikmin all board. Then it flies high above the field!Captain Olimar alone is only able to activate one of the ships attack patterns, but with 5 other companions the true potential of this vessel is seen! Weapons fire down below leaving nothing behind! (think PK starstorm)

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
Though with the pikmin franchise most people are gonna be envisioning a hoard of pikmin in a single giant plant wave I really hope Sakurai is a tad more creative. Something such as that would be a DeDeDe clone...

I have two ideas that I think would work perfectly for Olimar. Both ideas use the number of pikmen currently on the field as the scale for the damage done.

Photosynthesis!
1. Olimar grabs a smash ball! The pikmin on the field dig themselves back underground and there a giant rain storm appears followed right afterwards with intense sunlight! Under these conditions the Pikmin's flowers start glowing brightly and they grow HUGE and ravage the field around them. Obviously the more Pikmin the better, with 5 oversized specimens completely destroying everything! The Red's send out flames! The Blue's send out waves of water! The Yellow's attack with bombs! The Purple sends out shockwaves! And the Albino pikmin covers the field with poison! (Think the PTs triple assault)

Olimar's Aerial Assault!
2. Olimar grabs a smash ball! His ship flies down and Captain Olimar and the Pikmin all board. Then it flies high above the field!Captain Olimar alone is only able to activate one of the ships attack patterns, but with 5 other companions the true potential of this vessel is seen! Weapons fire down below leaving nothing behind! (think PK starstorm)

J18

Smash Journeyman
as much as i don't want it to be, i think it's gonna be another "army" type one

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
he will definetly have some sort of humongous pikmin army.

wouldn't it be hilarious if hr didn't have the mass underling type FS.

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
One idea I had for his final smash thats a bit different then an army-type attack..

In the game, if Olimar and his Pikmin went near an awake enemy creature, the creature wuld automatically jump up and attempt to devour the Pikmin.

So maybe, when Olimar grabs the Smash Ball, the Pikmin begin glowing with the energy as usual. However, before they can actually attack, a large Pikmin enemy explodes out onto the stage, planning to devour Olimar's Pikmin. The other fighters catch their attention, however, and the creature beings rampaging on the stage, viciously attacking anything that comes near them.

Olimar himself would be invincible to their attacks, but his Pikmin would flee the stage. Olimar is left Pikminless for a short time, but the power of the Smash Ball allows him to execute powered-up versions of his punches and headbutts for attacks. Thus, Olimar has the perfect opportunity to chain grab/knock his foes into the path of the attacking monster.

The monster could be randomly selected from a few possibilities every time you use the Final Smash. Sometimes, the Burrowing Snagret bursts around of the ground and pecks at opponents, grabbing them in its beak and hurling them off the stage. Sometimes the Waterwraith drops from the sky, and beings crushing your foes. Even the Titan Dweevil could appear and begin firing its weapons at anyone who dares come close.

Its the best thing I could think of that wouldn't be just another army attack.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
I think he should call out the Onions from Pikmin 1 to just dump pikmin on the stage! Like a monsoon of Pikmin that latch onto and just stop beating people! You can of course fight them off. . . but once one latches onto you, your screwed until they fade away after awhile

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
A pod (that one pod produces pikmins) appears on top of Olimar. The pod then rapidly produces pikmins and Olimar pluck them out quickly and throws them in air randomly. Depending on the size of the opposing players, different number of pikims are require to pick up an enemy player (IE bowser = 10, mario = 5, pikachu = 3, etc.). Once the pikmins are able to carry the enemy player, then carry the enemy player to the pod where the enemy player will be suck up and cause constant damaging. The earlier the enemy players get in the pod, the results will be more damage

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
Well if we look at it, FS's follow the pattern of either a huge, extremely powerful attack, an attack focused on one character, a swarm of some sort, a transformation, or some sort of stage effect.

So with these categories in mind:

Attack: Stage = I've heard speculation that the Dolphin would be a part of his FS, and it seems possible. Most likely something to do with Yellows throwing bombs. Don't think it's very likely.

Attack: Single Character = Lot's of Pikmin attack one character, yellows throw bombs, ect.

Swarm = This seems the most likely to me, I mean, it's a game based on swarms! All hundred of Olimar's pikmin arrive on the screen, either from onions or out of the ground, and start attacking stuff. They are invincible for five seconds after the attack begins, after that, they have to be hit off the stage.

Transformation = Possibly transforming into a Bulborb, Emperor Bulbax, or a usable form of the Dolphin. Who wouldn't want to charge across the screen as a giant spotty Bulborb?

Stage Effect = Perhaps Olimars Pikmin would become more powerful, don't see this as very likely though.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Not original, but- Have all five onions land and have the Pikmin swarm the stage.

My first thought was actually having the Pikmin kidnap a player and put them in an onion, and then the amount of Pikmin who come out and swarm the stage after that is dependant on who you put in (like Bowser getting you the full swarm, and Pikachu getting you only a few). Of course, the kidnapee would take the most damage.
There are only 3 onions so far.

Sonallvegqu

Smash Cadet
I bet Captain Olimar's Final Smash is the Ultra-Bitter Spray, which turns your opponents to stone temporarily.

Yo~Yo

Smash Cadet
i say you fly around with all the different onions from the 100% ending and they drop pikmin to slow foes and then u smash them off with the ship(kinda like supersonic but better)

ChristoCracker

Smash Rookie
i'd laugh if all the pikmin were on fire and theyd just flee 'round the stage and burn everyone in their path, LMAO

Top Bottom