• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

final smash......hm

drakengard89

Smash Rookie
ok... so i was playing my brother using link, and i used the final smash by accident and he was across the stage on a flat plain. and i dont know what the hell i did but it brought ME over to him and used the final on him. i was wondering if this ever happened to someone, and if you know how to control it, how... ;x

haha thanks in advance.

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
Link's final smash affects a player thats on the same level anywhere in front of him. Distance doesn't matter.

You could be on the other side of the stage, but if you're still directly in front of me it will still hit.

*Edit: Actually the distance is limited but it still reaches very far.

drakengard89

Smash Rookie
yeah i know but i want to know how to get it to the other side because sometimes it just fails int he middle of you pressing B, and other times it just goes all out over there haha... ;x

Linkforce

Smash Apprentice
If it fails it means that your opponent is in no way in front of you.

Just aim for your opponent regardless of where you are and you'll teleport straight to them.

drakengard89

Smash Rookie
you obviously dont understand what i mean, so go away please... i mean i can go all the way across the level, like if i was at final destination, i dont know how but i was not even in his way, and i used it on accident, and somehow i got all the way across the level AND THAN used the smash when i hit him. i dont know how to do it, and i want to know if anyone else knows how to do it and if it ever happened to them... haha thanks though.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Errm.

I watched that video, I didn't see anything quite special about it. You do realize Link's Final Smash covers pretty much the entire distance of Final Destination, right? They don't have to be close to you, as long as they're in front of you.

It's not a trick, really! You press B at one edge of the stage, and Link will automatically fly to the other side of the stage and chop them to ribbons. It's pretty basic knowledge.
Unless you mean something else...

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
or if everyone could just stop replying to a pointless thread like this.

Link is one of the most refined boards on this site thanks to my witting tactics, just stop posting in pointless threads and people who ask them should just look in the guides themselves.
QFT

10auras XD

Link Hero of Hyrule

Smash Cadet
Links FS doesnt reach all the way, if the other person is on a level playing field as Link, when he activates it, the furthist it can go is when the opponent is still on screen, the view of the stage gets smaller when u activate his FS.

well done people, I think we have solved the mystery (spells how? wtf?(tell me in a PM, so there is no more bumping of this thread)), now I think its time to let the thread pass down into oblivion. NO MORE POST COUNT +1 REPLIES, PLEASE.

I will edit this post if I want anything else said...

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
yeah i know but i want to know how to get it to the other side because sometimes it just fails int he middle of you pressing B, and other times it just goes all out over there haha... ;x
He has to be just as low as you are.

If it fails it means he jumped or is too low.

Top Bottom