• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy X

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice

Recently picked this back up for old time's sake.

Great game or greatest game?

Discuss.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Defintily a great game, not greatest though for sure imo.

One of my favorites in the ff series along with 4 and 7.

tubes

Smash Ace
It was alright I guess but I found a big bulk of the combat to be extremely tedious and boring. Like you hit the first Island and go through the tutorial parts and its all like "This guy kills the birds, this one kills dogs, This chick casts paper to kill rock elementals, Summon something to kill giant ****, and Kimahri is useless!" Which is alright until you travel all the way to the ****ing giant grassy area of random encounter every 2 steps and your STILL doing the RPG equivalent of putting the square block into the square hole.

Now I'll admit that last time I played this game I was like 10 so maybe there's a giant *** amount of depth and advanced tactics and combos and wavedashes I don't know about. Maybe those odd 3 or 4 annoying as **** bosses I had to go get full overdrive bar for every character and summon to defeat, could actually be defeated with amazing in depth strategy and other such ****, as apposed to mindless grinding. But I doubt this is the case.

I will admit though that I did enjoy the game when I last played it. I got all the way to fighting Tidus' cool *** dad and then I accidentally deleted my save file. Which made me think about what exactly I've been doing up until that point in the game and I decided there was no way in hell I was going to go through all that bull**** again.

Maybe the game would be more fun if I did one of those no leveling challenges or made really ****ed up sphere grid builds.

Or I could just go play Grandia 2 and be so insanely broken I can ban all the "wins games" spells and make any character play any role I want with ******** as hell gear or no gear and still completely lock up bosses and be broken as ****.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Pretty fun. Worth one playthrough, and then trade it in, IMO.

That's what I did.
I find trade-ins one of the most idiotic things to do with video games. I don't like the idea of paying $50 for a game, then selling it back to a store for $17.

If a person were to offer you $17 for a game you bought for $50 the week before, would you accept it? I doubt it.

Final Fantasy X was very fun. I enjoyed the vast majority of that game.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I find trade-ins one of the most idiotic things to do with video games. I don't like the idea of paying $50 for a game, then selling it back to a store for $17.

If a person were to offer you $17 for a game you bought for $50 the week before, would you accept it? I doubt it.

Final Fantasy X was very fun. I enjoyed the vast majority of that game.
Usually a trade in value is UP to half the price of its current resale number. Meaning, if the game is being sold at $59.99, you can expect to get back about $30. But it's not always the case - Games being sold at $14.99 can be seen at trade-in prices varying between $1 to $5.

But anyway, I hate trading in game, unless the said game was something I truly see no value in. I have a collection, and see more point to getting something tangible. Erm..... I going off on a tangent here.

I thought FFX was a pretty good game. It had its points, yes, but I actually enjoyed whatever it was I was playing. Its been several years, and it isn't fresh in my mind, but the Laughing scene is still as embarrassingly stupid as ever.

If there ever was an FF game that I'd have to be disappointing in, it would have to be FF7 mainly due to it being overhyped.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Lol at the laughing scene.

My worst memory of ff10 was at the beggining when tidus was playing blitzball and said

"If i score, ill do this!"

-then does dumbest pose ever.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I just recently re-played that game last month. I actually went and fully-upgraded every single Celestial Weapon, too. Yes, that includes the "Dodge 200 lightning bolts in a row!" and "Obtain a time below 0.0 in a chocobo race!" minigames. *shudder*

Also, unlike my first playthrough in which I focused solely on Tidus, Auron, and Wakka (and Yuna for healing), I actually used all of my characters and it made the game 10x more fun than I remembered.

...Kimahri was still useless, though. :(

:069:

Frames

DI
my ffx story

so i got this game a long time ago and played the hell out of it

then i stopped playing at the final version of seymour (the one inside sin)

i dont remember why i stopped there but i did for like 2 years

then i picked it back up again like 6 months ago and proceeded to **** seymour/jecht with overpowered aeons/final weapons

the end

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I know I'm gonna get alot of hate for this, but I think FF10 is one of the best Final Fantasy games out there. It had an engaging story, intriguing characters that you could relate too. A simplistic yet very intricate battle system. Plus I sorta thought Rikku was mad hot. =D

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm gonna get alot of hate for this, but I think FF10 is one of the best Final Fantasy games out there. It had an engaging story, intriguing characters that you could relate too. A simplistic yet very intricate battle system. Plus I sorta thought Rikku was mad hot. =D
I think it's one of the best as well you're not alone Dx

The story wasn't bad..It was decent for an rpg at least. Character development great as well. Also the Sphere Grid stat system provided alot of room for how you wanted to build your character. It did give you guildlines and a bit of a direct room, but there really was alot of freedom in it.

and don't tell me that you guys didn't like Blitzball. That was probably the best minigame EVER

I wish they made a FF game with just Blitzball..

TheLake

Smash Master
Rikku is indeed the sexiest character in the entire game.

Aside from kihmari of course. Who indeed is awful but is still by far my favorite character.

FFX Id say is an easy top 5 for one of the better final fantasys. Aside from the laughing scene the dialouge is great, cool character development, and the game featured alot of new inovations not introduced to the series.

Sphere grid was unique, though a bit boring early in the game. Blitzball deserves like a Madden esce franchise because that game was the shiz. Aeons were pretty freakin cool (Anima for like most badass summon ever in a videogame O_o) and were actually my favorite part lolz

Best part of FF...the summons and its cool they played a role in the story.

Great ending. Semi decent plot and some pretty memorable bosses.

I hate yunalesca...she can die in hell like 40 times over. On and the brotherhood blade is awsome.

So is kihmari (:

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lol, the things you guys liked about the game i hated about it, although i still thought ff10 was a good game. i hated the sphere grid and i thought the game's story was a bit too linear.

also, I vomit at the idea of Rikku being the sexiest female in that game.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'm going to join the crowd in saying FF10 was one of my least favorite in the series. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, I just thought a lot of the games before it did better. Plus, I was really bitter at the way it was so linear in exploration around the world. I was so into the top down view of the entire globe and the ability to explore whereever whenever, that 10 sorta clonked me on it.

I'm a FF6 fan so I'll stick to that one to brag about.

Though whoever said you bought FF5, good choice lol cause I thought that was a great one too. Especially Gilgamesh. Too raw.

TheLake

Smash Master
Zero_Gamer spoke of the only thing that rivals rikkus overwelming attractivness.

I hate lulu but im a sucker for ******* *is torn*

I like 10 but FF9 is the REAL mans final fantasy. Vivi is by far the coolest FF character. Hes a black mage for crying out loud and isnt afraid of anything.

See the rankings go somthing like this

*FF7* Is above the list because its beyond everything and anything *is an obvious fanboy*

1. FF6
2. FF4
3. FF
4. FFXII
5. FFX

Theres the top five so far, that are part of the mainstream FF's (Like the ones listed by number) and thats just the way it is (;

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
I started playing it for the first time a couple months ago and got to the Thunder Plains, and I haven't played it since.

I kinda wanna finish it.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Zero_Gamer spoke of the only thing that rivals rikkus overwelming attractivness.

I hate lulu but im a sucker for ******* *is torn*

I like 10 but FF9 is the REAL mans final fantasy. Vivi is by far the coolest FF character. Hes a black mage for crying out loud and isnt afraid of anything.

See the rankings go somthing like this

*FF7* Is above the list because its beyond everything and anything *is an obvious fanboy*

1. FF6
2. FF4
3. FF
4. FFXII
5. FFX

Theres the top five so far, that are part of the mainstream FF's (Like the ones listed by number) and thats just the way it is (;
i thought FF7 was very good, but a ridiculously overrated game. if i were to make my own list i think it would be:

1. FF4
2. FF6
3. FF7/11
4. FF5/9
5. FF1
6. FF2
7. FF8
8. FF12

i would put Mystic Quest and the FF Adventure games above 12 and below 8. i thought 12 was abysmal. i loved the Viera, though

also, how can you hate Lulu? i mean, it's not like she was a bad character outside of her ridiculously awesome breasts or anything like that.

Top Bottom