• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You really shouldn't be going lol here, I think that is telling when I pointed out how people did point out that slot was a hydra and called it Marshy directly yet you claimed you read pregame.

It's makes your question at that slot a lot more suspicious.
I mean you're welcome to join the dabunz wagon.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Dabuz, it just seems unrealistic that you responded to a post talking about the HARD BODY CREW SWAGYOLO420BLAZEIT and you had no idea that it was Marshy's doing.

What did you generally get out of the pre-game? There wasn't too much else besides the discussion of Marshy's HBC crap.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
But let's actually talk about this Ruy.

Run me through the scenarios of that and tell me why it's really incriminating. He clearly responds to the hydra and sees other people calling it marshy in pre-game and then forgets that. Him claiming that does seem hella convenient but at the same time, I can't come to a conclusion where he does this **** as anything other than town.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
I don't agree with Ryu on this one, but I disagree on the fact that it's townie. Null more than anything.

As scum, why wouldn't he throw the fact that he forgot marshy's hydra out there? There's no risk in throwing it out there.

As town, he'd naturally forget. Obviously.

Why is this automatically town, and if you think this is the case, why do you still have your vote on him?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I wanted to talk to Ruy about it first before I moved it. I saw it as town because of the fact that if he's scum, he'd be talking to other players and they would point out marshy's in the game as a hydra, would they not? You're right that it's probably null, but that was my thought process.

vote: Gheb

original wagon do not derail

:186:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Dabuz, it just seems unrealistic that you responded to a post talking about the HARD BODY CREW SWAGYOLO420BLAZEIT and you had no idea that it was Marshy's doing.

What did you generally get out of the pre-game? There wasn't too much else besides the discussion of Marshy's HBC crap.
Jdietz asking a lot of questions about roles and ability interactions was cool and good to pay attention to. Claim discussion was nice because it led to a sensible conclusion that claims aren't going to be worth much. That's pretty much what I got from pre-game. Derped on not noticing the whole nameless is a hydra with Marshy thing, but w/e.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Got any early reads?
For now? Just that Gheb may need some scrutiny for his opinions on Gadgeteer and avocation on the scum merits of roles, gutread. Not enough for me to vote yet.

Is there a reason why we're discussing which classes are anti-town or not? I don't see the point in discussing these types of things so early when we should be focusing on actually pulling off a successful day 1 lynch. That's just me though.

Gheb's play is really weird. I'm not sure why he's over reacting as much as he is. Need to read more in depth when I'm not dealing with band ****.

Hello everyone! Hope we have a great game together! :)
Well at first we were talking about vote-blocking since assumedly a role made it illegal. I explained my view including examples, then Dabuz asked me for opinions on other roles. What do you think about it? Can we not gain reads off what people think in this matter?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Washed, tell me a reason for Dabunz other than the fact he tried to ask who Nameless was despite reading pre-game ploz?

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
But let's actually talk about this Ruy.

Run me through the scenarios of that and tell me why it's really incriminating. He clearly responds to the hydra and sees other people calling it marshy in pre-game and then forgets that. Him claiming that does seem hella convenient but at the same time, I can't come to a conclusion where he does this **** as anything other than town.
He lied about pregame to throw out a question to someone he assumed was a newbie. In reality he lied about reading pregame so he could blend by asking basic questions.

This is assuming he was scum. The alternative is possible but this is why I am grilling him on it.

I had no problems til he gave the, "oh guess I didn't read it as I thought" which is what I was grilling him about, the the "lol" to laugh the pressure off. I don't like how he responded to me though, it's less he might have misread or not and more his two reaction posts look bad when pressed on it.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Okay, that's actually pretty understandable that you'd forget if you were focusing on more of the mechanics and such instead of the usual bull**** that happens. I'll let Ryu do his thing and not jump off the wagon though in case he has more reasons to stick to this.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Well at first we were talking about vote-blocking since assumedly a role made it illegal. I explained my view including examples, then Dabuz asked me for opinions on other roles. What do you think about it? Can we not gain reads off what people think in this matter?
It's too easy to blend in this situation.

Talking about mechanics is less about who is scum or not and more about, what does this role do and what can we do with it.

It doesn't further reads, so my answer as a tl;dr is no.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Mechanics are a waste of time to discuss when we're sitting in our first day. What do we gain from deciding if x or y class is scummy when we still haven't got all of the slots involved in the game? There are better things to discuss in order to further progress the game.

What were you expecting to get out of this, Jdeitz? Did you get any reads (or anything) out of this mechanics discussions?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's too easy to blend in this situation.

Talking about mechanics is less about who is scum or not and more about, what does this role do and what can we do with it.

It doesn't further reads, so my answer as a tl;dr is no.
Mechanics are a waste of time to discuss when we're sitting in our first day. What do we gain from deciding if x or y class is scummy when we still haven't got all of the slots involved in the game? There are better things to discuss in order to further progress the game.

What were you expecting to get out of this, Jdeitz? Did you get any reads (or anything) out of this mechanics discussions?
Tomatoes tom-a-toes, let's go play KvK like Washed said then. I got interactions with Dabuz and Gheb, so far the two most questioned slots: opinions on mechanics that are potentially meta-motivated, and opinions from both respectively to help me read them. It served it's purpose imo

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'mma tell you right now both opinions are pretty irrelevant and only telling based on what they actually flip. What do you make of his decision to ignore everything J and I were talking about with him to just discuss mechanics?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'mma tell you right now both opinions are pretty irrelevant and only telling based on what they actually flip. What do you make of his decision to ignore everything J and I were talking about with him to just discuss mechanics?
I'm currently reading back to verify it. If it's true it's a little on the grimy side, but it depends if it seems like Gheb thinks he answered you.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do you think that Gheb would be bold enough to attempt to clear himself off wording shenanigans as scum?

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
What does that mean? I'm not seeing the whole "opinions about mechanics that are meta motivated" thing. How does that clarify their alignment in any way?

To answer your previous question to me that I missed, no. Asking someone what they think about x role and it's value to the scum team or to town is a waste of time. They're empty questions that you'd have to make reaching statements for in order to actually get anything viable from. If Dabuz thinks x role is really useful for the scum team, why the **** does that matter? It's more-so a personal opinion than anything, and that would be the same regardless of alignment. How do you get reads off of something that doesn't change with alignment?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
What does that mean? I'm not seeing the whole "opinions about mechanics that are meta motivated" thing. How does that clarify their alignment in any way?

To answer your previous question to me that I missed, no. Asking someone what they think about x role and it's value to the scum team or to town is a waste of time. They're empty questions that you'd have to make reaching statements for in order to actually get anything viable from. If Dabuz thinks x role is really useful for the scum team, why the **** does that matter? It's more-so a personal opinion than anything, and that would be the same regardless of alignment. How do you get reads off of something that doesn't change with alignment?
Now is probably a great time to tell you I pegged Ryu as scum in KvK based on how he handled mechanics alone then

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:186:
Legitimate question was legitimate, do you think he would y/n

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
Dabooze forgetting Nameless was Marshy is null to me because I see no scum intention forgetting, or town. I think his reaction to Ryu's grilling is bad play, not scum revealing himself. Him saying "I guess I didn't read it as I thought" is more honest then trying to claim the truth through lies. (Meaning, it would be more damning if he held his ground when in fact it would have damned him) Again, I find it null. Ryu saying him lying to fake some questions is a valid possibility, but don't know if that's true.

@Gheb_01
Did you forget that some mods give scum the town wincon when a player attempts to clear another in public?

@ Raziek Raziek @Gorf
Thoughts on the Dabuz Wagon? Any thoughts/suspicions?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
How do you get reads off of something that doesn't change with alignment?
I think this is the crux of why. I think it does change with alignment. Your priorities shift and so does your perception of events and tactics and that sometimes reflects in what your opinions are at a given time.

That said I'm not really interested in defending the merits of mechanics talk, that **** is already done, talk to me about Dabuz and Gheb and if you think they were more apt to talk to me about it as a way to distract from their wagons or not. Otherwise I don't care

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Now is probably a great time to tell you I pegged Ryu as scum in KvK based on how he handled mechanics alone then

Legitimate question was legitimate, do you think he would y/n
Is that supposed to change my opinion?

Ryu was also in a scenario where he was way less familiar with the mechanics and where scum could easily slip because they didn't know how to handle said mechanics. The fact that you're trying to use a game that has so many things that separated it from a stereotypical mafia game (even if this isn't your stereotypical one) is kind of unsettling. This also doesn't change the fact that discussing classes =/= discussing the KvK mechanics in general. You're not getting anything useful from someone's opinion on which class is townie or not townie.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
The question towards Jdietz should not be "what are your reads of x and y player?"

The question should be
Tomatoes tom-a-toes, let's go play KvK like Washed said then. I got interactions with Dabuz and Gheb, so far the two most questioned slots: opinions on mechanics that are potentially meta-motivated, and opinions from both respectively to help me read them. It served it's purpose imo
What reads did Jdietz get from our interaction?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is that supposed to change my opinion?

Ryu was also in a scenario where he was way less familiar with the mechanics and where scum could easily slip because they didn't know how to handle said mechanics. The fact that you're trying to use a game that has so many things that separated it from a stereotypical mafia game (even if this isn't your stereotypical one) is kind of unsettling. This also doesn't change the fact that discussing classes =/= discussing the KvK mechanics in general. You're not getting anything useful from someone's opinion on which class is townie or not townie.[/quote

]You just made my argument for me.

Pushing for or against the merits of voteblocking is the "where did you eat lunch" of this game.

I'm not questioning its legitimacy, I'm questioning why you're asking it.
Because part of me suspects he would and I want to know if you would agree

Why would they use it as a way to distract from their wagons?

What is your opinion of Dabuz?
Well if they're scum they'd love a reason to not be the center of attention D1. It'd hard to divide that from regular town intent to discuss though

Mixed. Your slot's approach on him is based on mostly null tells, but he didn't handle it gracefully.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
The question towards Jdietz should not be "what are your reads of x and y player?"

The question should be

What reads did Jdietz get from our interaction?
Gheb wants to push the merits of voteblocking in a voteblock heavy setup. I find that potentially dubious as I find that voteblocking has never been very town and rationalizing it would make life easier for a scumteam to abuse it.

You seemed more than happy to talk about classes that had no relevancy yet which may be trying to deflect attention from you. It's possible you were just curious, but the questions seemed unnecessary. Unsure.

Top Bottom