• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry : If you do a thread search, Town PR asked me that question as literally his 4th post after the game started. One was a no discussion RVS on J, another was a picture, and the third was him saying Dabuz forgetting Marshy was null. If that gives it more perspective.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
10. Town PR (4) Jdietz, Dabuz, Dabuz, MC
11. Jdietz43 (4) TPR, DSH, Nameless, Nameless
them cross wagons occupied by a double voter, the cross between the two subjects, and then the person on the voting block with the doublevoter

this is odd.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry : If you do a thread search, Town PR asked me that question as literally his 4th post after the game started. One was a no discussion RVS on J, another was a picture, and the third was him saying Dabuz forgetting Marshy was null. If that gives it more perspective.
No this is basically how I remembered it.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm honestly probably giving Marshy too much ****. But I just find it hard to believe he's sitting on me when there's so many semi-actives I'd expect him to be going nuts over. I don't think he's even said anything about Scary or Raz.

Should I be worried, or am I just being ignorant?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
(remembers back to D1 Tranquility)
tranq was a special time where someone stupidly modkilled himself 10 pages in and decided to **** the entire game for it

what's your point here? a lot of people were lost in the woods that game, myself included.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm asking for a second opinion because my experience directly opposing Marshy as town is limited and I need to know if it's something substantial to keep an eye on or if it's normal.

Truth about the modkill I forgot about that

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
j ends a giant wall with "i'm lost and have no scumreads and a ****ton of nulls"

it's like that couch on the sideline is just TOO COMFY or some ****

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think he's actually lying when he said he's never been in a game as town that I wasn't scum in before, but that holds true for my end as well.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm asking for a second opinion because my experience directly opposing Marshy as town is limited and I need to know if it's something substantial to keep an eye on or if it's normal.

Truth about the modkill I forgot about that
****all if i know, he appeared townie as **** in mmu and was actually scum whereas he's done this stupid **** in games like lm and tranq where he was lost in the woods for most of the game and couldn't salvage it because #antitownlife

i'm horrible at reading him efficiently but i've heard the best manner of reading him is to follow his reads. i think haranging him for the way he plays will get you ultimately nowhere

Nameless

marshy|sworddancer.
Guys...I'm feeling a little strange.

Like I'm gonna pass out.

There's just...not enough swag or hardbody in this game. I don't know how to feel about this.

Somebody help. Help me. Please.

Nameless

marshy|sworddancer.
I....

I just don't know what to do with my life anymore.

I give up. My only hope is the HBC to save me from this barrage of terrible ****posts and garbageass whiteknighting.

Won't you help me?

request replacement

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry
@Nabe

Tell me your biggest scum-reads and why. Washed, do you feel your vote on Gheb is still justified? Who do you see being the lynch of toDay based on things that have begun to centralized (<---Nabe that too)
Biggest scumread atm is you. The major event besides Gheb is Town PR vs JD and that's reading TvT for me. I don't like you because those half-hearted stances you make just read badly to me.
I don't think my vote on Gheb is justified anymore (hence why I moved it). I've seen enough to see him be salty enough to conclude he's not scum and I doubt I'm going to get him to stop being anything other than null at this point in the game. I'm concerned but he'll either shape up and stop being null or continue to be null and die for it. I don't know who ends up being lynched. JD v Town PR doesn't seem like either will end up in the lynch at the moment precisely because there's a crossvote right now and we do have so many question marks still yet to make a major impact.

I also want words from you two regarding MC/Scary.
MC reads town thus far but that's far more due to the OS half than anything Ryker's done.
I've ignored Scary for most of this game simply because I don't think he's done anything fairly relevant at the moment and he's not as much of a concern as a slot like you or Gheb.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
replace nameless

Good afternoon. I have arrived to relieve Nameless of his duties. I am here to hardbody *******, be protown through the Sang half of this hydra, and generally have a lot of swag through the marshy half. Scumbags everywhere, I would just like to give you fair warning that I am well trained in the art of hardbodying. The following is what you can expect me to do to you before long.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
Fear not, puny scumbag. My protown side will be caught up within the night at which point agreeable observations, thoughts regarding players, and posts to aid the lost citizens of this Town will be delivered unto the masses for all to enjoy.

No pressure Sang.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
J posts more walls, I get the urge to skim them, but I can't. His reasoning's been solid and my vote's looking worse as a result but I still can't get over the fact that his reads themselves are so weak and the initial reason why I even voted him hasn't been resolved--he still hasn't gone anywhere and that whole touch and go "I don't feel this but I do" mentality just makes me feel so grimy about that slot.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Aight, I'm caught up.

MC Murals, why Nabe? You bark at him all day to do something and expect him to be something more than being a nebulous question mark as if that's what Nabe does before sometime D5 then push him down the door as a top lynch target rather than something you don't know enough about. Your second pick is Town PR, who I don't think is scum and you seem indecisive behind yourself. Walk me through these lynch targets because they don't really make sense to me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@Vult Redux: You're better than this. I understand you haven't been asked much so this is my question to you: give me a lynch pool at this moment. I know you're generally perceptive enough to form these things but my knowledge of your playstyle has been far out the window because it's been years since I've truly played a game with you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry :

Let's talk. The problem you have with me is not something uncommon because I've dealt with in past games. I don't have strong reads on D1, like ever. It's very rare I do because I am a very connection based person and drive my reads based on emotions/paper trails of people regarding those who have been lynched/NK'd. However, you are incorrect in saying I don't have strong reads because I do have quite strong town reads, but I just don't have scum-reads. You said so yourself that this game has a lot of question marks (I.e. MC/Nabe/Raz/You/Vult/Hardbody/Scary/Gorf) and I am not going to have strong reads on them till more posts come. Plus, I'm also in the very same boat as you which makes me scratch my head where you find me scummy. You have a lot of nulls and you now say you have a scum-read on me for not having any hard scum-reads. I also share and have stated before you that I feel Ditzy vs. Town PR is TvT and still hold that opinion. I am just having a hard time piecing together why you find my scummy. I mean "J doesn't have strong scum-reads early into D1...!" and I am just waiting for more because what you have pointed out isn't strong enough to have me bat, truly, a second thought.

There is also a big urging part of me in the back of my mind where you and I have talked about this very exact thing on a call sometime ago which is why it's bugging me more than it probably should. So I guess my question to you regarding your vote towards me: Do you have anything else that you need me to adresse/talk about regarding how I'm scummy to you?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry :

Let's talk. The problem you have with me is not something uncommon because I've dealt with in past games. I don't have strong reads on D1, like ever. It's very rare I do because I am a very connection based person and drive my reads based on emotions/paper trails of people regarding those who have been lynched/NK'd. However, you are incorrect in saying I don't have strong reads because I do have quite strong town reads, but I just don't have scum-reads. You said so yourself that this game has a lot of question marks (I.e. MC/Nabe/Raz/You/Vult/Hardbody/Scary/Gorf) and I am not going to have strong reads on them till more posts come. Plus, I'm also in the very same boat as you which makes me scratch my head where you find me scummy. You have a lot of nulls and you now say you have a scum-read on me for not having any hard scum-reads. I also share and have stated before you that I feel Ditzy vs. Town PR is TvT and still hold that opinion. I am just having a hard time piecing together why you find my scummy. I mean "J doesn't have strong scum-reads early into D1...!" and I am just waiting for more because what you have pointed out isn't strong enough to have me bat, truly, a second thought.

There is also a big urging part of me in the back of my mind where you and I have talked about this very exact thing on a call sometime ago which is why it's bugging me more than it probably should. So I guess my question to you regarding your vote towards me: Do you have anything else that you need me to adresse/talk about?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Open question to everyone:

Would you consider Illusionist a scum-favored role, and would you be comfortable having one around.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I would be down to kill Scary for doing nothing this game, but not really Nabe. Nabe played like he barely had a pulse when he replaced into Tranquility as town and that's kind of what I'm seeing here. Scary didn't even change his RVS vote until I was 5 votes deep and specifically asked him to, and that's kind of what his thread presence has been like this whole time.
Awww, I thought we can bros. Kinda upset that after all that, you were only at L-4 I believe it was with that much pressure as we thought it. On that, it leads me to infer that Nabe also is a doublevoter since he was threatening to hammer while we thought you were at L-2

@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43
OS wants me to hammer you, how do you feel?
Kinda brings me to this. I know that this has passed and it for me it look strictly as a pressure tactic, but are you also a doublevoter? You'd have no reason to make a hammer threat if you unless you were. Figured I at least put this out there in my musings.

Really enjoying Mr Carnage this game. Pretty sure he's a townbro. I enjoy your reply to Vult as well when you made the list of inactives and showed the ways that you were subtly getting information out of them and trying to get everyone involved. Just good stuff and good vibes all around.

The observation that DSH made is also sticking with me about Gheb. The "personal preference" thought sounds like a fairly simple way to back out of an ugly situation I would think. Coupled with what WL said in retort to Gheb and I'm liking Gheb less and less. Also @Gheb_01 I understand that I should be looking at others but it really has been the primary interaction of the day so far I think right? Also, to answer what you ask about Nameless, who's now Sangfroid Warrior (welcome to the game btw lol), I don't see too much of an issue thus far. It's been mostly marshy through the game and I think he just wants to body somebody. Jdietz was the first one that fit that but to me it really just looks like marshy playing as marshy like people have said. I would imagine it'd be worth something that'd he would invite people to look at him as well if JD flipped town, so I'm cool with the Marshy hydra for now.

@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43
If I can ask, why would you be ok with Nabe over me if we are playing similarly? I know that Nabe has a bit more content so far but is there anything else you're basing that decision off of?

Just a general reads list:
Townbros: MC, WL, WSH
Slight town lean: SW (Marshy hydra), gorf
Null: Peeps who aren't listed
slight scum lean: Gheb, dabuz.

Reason I list dabuz here, I just generally don't know how to read him. So I generally toss him into my scumpile until I REALLY know otherwise. Not incriminating ya buddy, but I always like to be wary of your slot. Gheb falls in here for the early game "clearing" hijinx and throwing the antithesis of what J said. I understand that you will likely whiteknight him and such, but you also said the play right now is generally bad. For now, I will lean with the bad. I'm sure as the game goes on, it'll be just fine but yea.

Sadly I really do not have concrete stuff for scum-reads at all, and a lot of this are just feels, based on the information presented so I really don't have what I want to place a vote. After I get outta the doctor's tomorrow for my Achilles' tendon, I shall read some more over a couple beers and such.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43
If I can ask, why would you be ok with Nabe over me if we are playing similarly? I know that Nabe has a bit more content so far but is there anything else you're basing that decision off of?
Strictly meta, I saw this kind of Nabe in Tranquillity when he replaced. That may change ofc.

How do you feel about Illusionists?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also if you're upset about being on the list, now is your chance to turn it all around with some content

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
How do you feel about Illusionists?
can I be upset and then go to bed.....drunken musings imply that I am drunk.

Looking at the illusionist, those powers would favor scum pretty good I would think. However, I think the Lv.2 would be a good thing to have as some sort of bait. I'd probably say that it would favor scum to have more than it would for town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I get the feeling your posts are fake, Scary. Like...your emotion towards others just reads as you trying to project yourself as a certain "lovable" character to the masses. I even get the feeling more when you are talking about your reads in themselves. I mean you hardly explain your Hardbody read and to be honest I see no reason why you have them as town when their posts have been sparse and a majority of them joking/non-chalant. Plus your town read on MC feels really forced and then you talk about DSH/WL but don't go into why they are town but say they are really town so I need explanations on all three of these please.

Then you say dabuz is a slight scum-read, but you are just putting him there because you can't read him? Shouldn't he be null at best to you then? I mean you even say and back-out with "Not incriminating you buddy". Then you go on and say that you think Gheb is "bad" but that still makes him a slight scum-read? That makes no sense and is contradictory to what you seem to be trying to say.

I can really understand your line before the doctor's thing because I am in the same boat but the difference between us (from my PoV) is that I am explaining my thought process and trying to be clear while you contradict your own sentences and meanings.

For now;

Vote: Scary

There needs to be a new push besides Town PR/Ditzy/Gheb and I feel this would be the best course of action to look at things.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
(Also J how do you feel about Illusionists... I swear this question leads somewhere)
I stayed out of the original role discussion and I would like to keep it that way, if it is pressing and important, I'll go re-look at the role and give an opinion on it.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
The observation that DSH made is also sticking with me about Gheb. The "personal preference" thought sounds like a fairly simple way to back out of an ugly situation I would think. Coupled with what WL said in retort to Gheb and I'm liking Gheb less and less. Also @Gheb_01 I understand that I should be looking at others but it really has been the primary interaction of the day so far I think right? Also, to answer what you ask about Nameless, who's now Sangfroid Warrior (welcome to the game btw lol), I don't see too much of an issue thus far. It's been mostly marshy through the game and I think he just wants to body somebody. Jdietz was the first one that fit that but to me it really just looks like marshy playing as marshy like people have said. I would imagine it'd be worth something that'd he would invite people to look at him as well if JD flipped town, so I'm cool with the Marshy hydra for now.
Talk to me about Gheb, What about his personal preference don't you like.
Why isn't Nabe on your list if you think I should have reason to put him before you on a lynch pool.
What about Marshy pushes it to slight town over straight null.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Illusionst, it's a very pro-scum role and a sneaky role at that because it gives no one any warning as to if we are dealing with everyone being hated at the moment or that hurricane role. I doubt anyone would pick that role but if they did, indeed pick it, they could just cover it up. I don't feel there is much else to say besides I don't like it. Too much hidden power.

Top Bottom