• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination's edges are top tier.

Enoch-Fox

Smash Cadet
seriously, holy crap

trying to edge-hog tends to result in me getting eaten by the stage

i hope there's a better way to do this than 'hugging'

xandeR-

Smash Apprentice
Omg. I couldn't agree more.

It's different from the Melee edge so for the first few days I died to that little overhang constantly! >.<

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
protip: don't edge hog unless your character has tether recovery. usually doesn't work and not worth the risk.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Hit them off the sides of the stage and laugh at them plummet, the stage has a set knockback and spikes at higher percentages.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Hit them off the sides of the stage and laugh at them plummet, the stage has a set knockback and spikes at higher percentages.

usea

Smash Ace
Yeah I really dislike those edges. I think smashville is the perfect stage.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
DogySamich has it right. Final D's the new Battlefirld.

Vro

Smash Lord
I didn't mean banned from a tournament, I meant personal bans. I.E. During a new set, I ban FD.

Scion

Smash Cadet
is this talking about the fact that whenever i try and get back up on the edge, rather than hitting the bottom of the stage and my character rounding up the bottom to grab onto the edge, he just hits the bottom and falls down right away? I thought this was annoying. Oh well. Still fun :D

garrR

Smash Apprentice
wtf?

If what you're doing doesn't work, change what you are doing...
agreed.

seriously, you can't just keep doing the same thing and complain when you die.

i've adjusted perfectly fine after missing my recoveries the first few times.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
It's not really THAT hard to edge hog once you get used to it.

So the edges are a bit different? Stop complaining.

Pi

Smash Hero
I think SOME people are taking this thread that compares the edges of a STAGE to a CHARACTER RANKING a little to seriously.

Seriously guys, no one can disagree that it's a (small) issue, but no one's losing their hair over it.

zxcZ

Smash Cadet
I occasionally miss the ledge when i "hug" it but that's because my hugging isnt perfect but I wouldn't blame the ledges on it and if its such a problem just short hop onto it. Its much easier and pretty much guarantee to catch it.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Forget hugging people, you don't even get extra distance for hugging. Get out of your Melee-isms and start adapting! Not to be rude... sorry.

Dreminem

Smash Cadet
Forget hugging people, you don't even get extra distance for hugging. Get out of your Melee-isms and start adapting! Not to be rude... sorry.

Do you know what hugging is? I must be thinking wrong because I thought it was only in brawl.

CaptainFalco30

Smash Cadet
No ban because it hates all characters equally. It's not the hardest thing to get around either once you've had it happen to you...twice.

Florida

イーグランツ
Pikachu's **** dsmash is a great edgeguard on Final Destination. It sweeps you right back into that little arch-o-death. Gimped my Olimar tooooo many times.

Enoch-Fox

Smash Cadet
lol people are arguing about banning FD

haha

I was just saying they kill me way more often than they probably should, haha, I keep thinking my recovery will follow them for some reason, forgetting they are a hungry vortex of character eating.

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
I agree... It's REALLY annoying. Thankfully, I use Kirby so if I mess up one jump, I just jump the other way. <_<

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
Snake is awful on this edge, same with DeDeDe.

I actually made my own Final Destination, with no edge :p...... pretty much Powns.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just stop trying to hug the walls...and if you're using Mario or Marth, space yourself so that you don't get stuck underneath. Is it really that hard? :ohwell:

Ryven

Smash Cadet
Apparently, it is for me. I'm all like, "Final Cutter to the edge! *dies*" at least once every time I play there. Three times in the space of two minutes, once.

Top Bottom