• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final destination team matches UPDATE .cht!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
What do you mean too early? Are you just assuming that in the future he will do something worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize? Like keeping forces in Iraq and sending more troops to Afghanistan?

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Awesome stuff. :)

Falcon's Dair has a strange lower hitbox. It doesn't extend beyond his feet hurtboxes (the soles actually stick out), but it covers a good deal behind his legs.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
What do you mean too early? Are you just assuming that in the future he will do something worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize? Like keeping forces in Iraq and sending more troops to Afghanistan?
Well I hope he will do lots of stuff that will make america and the world a better place to be. Give the guy time. He has a much better chance than the nazis republicans anyday

DMoogle

A$
I saved all the hitbox characters by themselves

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K4P01JLT

just felt like it
Thanks, going through them now.

What do blue boxes mean? Invincible areas? Interesting to note that DK's down-B have them, and it looks like most down and up smash attacks have them. What about green boxes? Ness' up-B into himself and successful grabs have them.

Also, when I try to use his neutral B, it never fully charges, and if I release it to punch, then he dies. Same with Samus' neutral B.

lol at Jiggly's downsmash:

Nice still shot of Kirby's uptilt:

Kirby's neutral B causes a crash. Good to know that, in the middle of it going up and (more importantly coming down, his up-B has no hitbox.

The Link save is actually hitbox Falcon, with an alive non-hitbox Mario.

Mario's down-tilt reaches farther in front of him than his downsmash. o.O

DMoogle

A$
I hated Bush as much as the next guy, but it's really not.

Comparing the two is nearly as bad as the idiots who compare Obama and Hitler.

EDIT: Wait a sec, this isn't the social thread...

Discovering hitbox mode is almost as cool as playing on FD.

dandan

Smash Lord
I hated Bush as much as the next guy, but it's really not.

Comparing the two is nearly as bad as the idiots who compare Obama and Hitler.

EDIT: Wait a sec, this isn't the social thread...

Discovering hitbox mode is almost as cool as playing on FD.
i would like if you could screenshot fox's uair both hits, i would really appreciate it.
i always have problems DIing out of it, the only one i know who does it really consistently is mahie. i think watching the hitboxes will help to decide where to DI.

malva00

Smash Master
i would like if you could screenshot fox's uair both hits, i would really appreciate it.
i always have problems DIing out of it, the only one i know who does it really consistently is mahie. i think watching the hitboxes will help to decide where to DI.
why don't you just download the saves? >__>

NOKAUBURE

Smash Apprentice
why don't you just download the saves? >__>
xD these guys hate downloading :p

Another thing, i see this:

- some guys see the character hitboxes colorized. For me, i see black hitboxes
- some guys see transparent hitboxes and other see opac.

All of this depends of the grafic plugin.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
What do blue boxes mean? Invincible areas? Interesting to note that DK's down-B have them, and it looks like most down and up smash attacks have them. What about green boxes? Ness' up-B into himself and successful grabs have them.
Yeah, blue is invincible. Green is also invincible, but if someone hits a green part, there is hitstun for them (blue is like if the hurtbox wasn't there altogether).

There are a ton more invincible frames/body parts than previously thought. Which is good...I can definitely see a decent amount of progress in the metagame to come.

A lot of it is surprisingly like in Melee--for instance, Fox's head is invincible during his Usmash. And his legs are when he begins his Dsmash. Sheik, eat your heart out.

You also realize why the smash community has been somewhat confused over how priority works over the years. ****ing Nintendo has been playing tricks by putting these invincible hurtboxes in particular moves of particular characters, but we never saw the collision boxes until now, so we could never be sure.

Example rules and apparent violations:

Air vs Ground: Each attack can hit if a hitbox is registered as overlapping a hurtbox on a frame. No true priority exists.
Apparent violation: My Dair clearly hit Mario as he was doing his Usmash, but he seemed to completely override this. (I myself have often been shocked at the unexpected power of Mario's Usmash...many times my attack seems to be clearly overlapping his model...my explanation to my friends has been jokingly that his head is made of titanium, but this turns out to be truer than I thought...)
Explanation: Mario's head is invincible during his Usmash.

Air vs Air: Each attack can hit if a hitbox is registered as overlapping a hurtbox on a frame. No true priority exists.
Apparent violation: Exchanges vs Ness's Uair seem absurdly futile.
Explanation: Ness's head is invincible during his Uair. lol

Ground vs Ground: If the two hitboxes overlap and deal within 10 damage of each other, there will be a clank. (This is the extent of real priority in this game.)
Apparent violation: Few, if any. This one's pretty safe from violations since it's based on where attacking hitboxes overlap and bypasses the range from hitbox to hurtbox altogether. It also helps that most strong ground attacks have better range than most weak ground attacks anyhow.

Mario's down-tilt reaches farther in front of him than his downsmash. o.O
In related shenanigans...
It's official: Puff's neutral air has more forward range than her forward air.

Also,
Fox's rapid kicks have a completely disjointed hitbox.

And Yoshi's head is invincible during his dash attack.

...Sakuraaaiii

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I downloaded malva's saves but when I load them I can't do anything. The only thing my controller seems to be capable of is pausing and quitting the match and I can't move or anything.

DMoogle

A$
The hitboxes move a lot, so it's very difficult to tell when the first hit ends and the second one begins. I'm not looking at these at a frame-by-frame basis (I don't know how). The pictures I posted may have even more ridiculous looking parts, I just paused at lucky times. :p

Also, hitboxes won't tell the whole story. By just looking at Fox's u-air's hitboxes, you would think that DIing down is optimal, but it's very important to put into consideration that the first hit will hit you UP. I'd speculate that for heavy characters, DIing down would be best, and for lighter characters, DIing up would be the way to go.

Yeah, blue is invincible. Green is also invincible, but if someone hits a green part, there is hitstun for them (blue is like if the hurtbox wasn't there altogether).

There are a ton more invincible frames/body parts than previously thought. Which is good...I can definitely see a decent amount of progress in the metagame to come.

A lot of it is surprisingly like in Melee--for instance, Fox's head is invincible during his Usmash. And his legs are when he begins his Dsmash. Sheik, eat your heart out.

You also realize why the smash community has been somewhat confused over how priority works over the years. ****ing Nintendo has been playing tricks by putting these invincible hurtboxes in particular moves of particular characters, but we never saw the collision boxes until now, so we could never be sure. Example priority rules and apparent violations:

Air vs Ground: Each attack can hit if a hitbox is registered as overlapping a hurtbox on a frame. No true priority exists.
Apparent violation: My Dair clearly hit Mario as he was doing his Usmash, but he seemed to completely override this. (I myself have often been shocked at the unexpected power of Mario's Usmash...many times my attack seems to be clearly overlapping his model...my explanation to my friends has been jokingly that his head is made of titanium, but this turns out to be truer than I thought...)
Explanation: Mario's head is invincible during his Usmash.

Air vs Air: Each attack can hit if a hitbox is registered as overlapping a hurtbox on a frame. No true priority exists.
Apparent violation: Exchanges vs Ness's Uair seem absurdly futile.
Explanation: Ness's head is invincible during his Uair. WUT

Ground vs Ground: If the two hitboxes overlap and deal within 10 damage of each other, there will be a clank. (This is the extent of real priority in this game.)
Good stuff. I didn't know about what causes a clank. I was already sure that Jiggly's n-air had more range than her f-air though. :)

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean to double post.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I was already sure that Jiggly's n-air had more range than her f-air though. :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is somewhat compensated by the fact that the Fair gives a small boost to forward movement, right? (or so I'm led to believe by BtT/BtP runs)

DMoogle

A$
I'm pretty sure you don't get a boost in movement, you just don't descend as quickly when you combine Jiggly's and Kirby's f-airs with their mid-air jumps. I can't think of a logical reason why this is.

Obviously more range doesn't necessarily mean better move. However, we can generally say that Jiggly's n-air is better for approach, and f-air is better for comboing.

NOKAUBURE

Smash Apprentice
i think, anyone can make a thread about hitboxes to study it more inside. This needs a thread

Im trying to find the damage and the knockback of every move, it can be good to known and edit them.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You also realize why the smash community has been somewhat confused over how priority works over the years. ****ing Nintendo has been playing tricks by putting these invincible hurtboxes in particular moves of particular characters, but we never saw the collision boxes until now, so we could never be sure.

Example rules and apparent violations:

(priority stuff here)
We've had hitbox characters in Melee for years, so this has already been known for years (judging from your post and Mew2King's explanation of Melee's priority, Smash64's and Melee's priority systems are pretty much the same). It's just that it isn't common knowledge.

@DMoogle Doing fairs immediately after midair-jumping with Jigglypuff/Kirby DOES make them go faster/farther. From what I recall from reading a post a long time ago, the top of their jumps slow them down slightly for some reason, but doing an aerial cancels it. To test it, I held left against the **** tent wall in Hyrule, then jumped as far as I can, first with fairs, then without. Both Puff and Kirby went significantly further with fairs.

DMoogle

A$
I already know it allows them to go farther, I was just arguing over the specifics of how. You don't really get a "forward boost." That would imply that by just jumping+f-air, you move forward (like Jiggly's and Falcon's neutral-Bs).

I have no idea why it has to be f-air though.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It can be any aerial but fair is the most convenient. You can also easily jump backwards without turning around in midair by doing Bairs with each jump.

The Star King

Smash Hero
No, it's impossible to keep maximum forward momentum with something other than fair, because you have to move the control stick somewhere other than forward for at least 1 frame.

mr yo

Smash Cadet
im sory, but i have read the explanation of the word momentum in different places but i just don get what does it really mean, its a bit confusing because it seems to have different meanings in different contexts; could someone explain it to me?

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Viper and the AntiGS central crew need some credit too sense they made the code to allow players 2 cpu be human in story mode.

malva00

Smash Master
so how is this bug free when some players can move and attack others before the beginning countdown finishes?

good thing this bug exists though or else you can't do some fun glitches

andrewajt62

Smash Journeyman
How do you even use these codes? When I copy the values of the character modifier into PJ64 it doesn't let me save the cheat. I just see FD character modifiers, nothing for the actual stage. And what mode is the FD ones intended for?

Sangoku

Smash Master
How do you even use these codes? When I copy the values of the character modifier into PJ64 it doesn't let me save the cheat. I just see FD character modifiers, nothing for the actual stage. And what mode is the FD ones intended for?
1. Download the file "Project64.cht" and place it into your pj64k folder.

2. Run ssb64, go to options Gameshark codes.

3. There you see a Final destination section. If you want for example to play as link against mario (human) do the following:

4. Double click "must be on" and choose the first one $01, then check it.

5. Under P1, double click "character modifier" and choose your character (link in this example) and check the box.

6. Then for P2, do the same thing with character modifier (choose mario) and double click "controled by" and choose human. Once again, check the box.

7. Double click on stock modifier and choose the number of stocks you want and check it.

8. Finally you can tick the music fix if you want to hear the music of final destination. However, it will play all the time (even in the menu) so uncheck it when you're not on FD.

9. Close the Cheats window, go to 1P story mode, choose any character, any difficulty, any lives and start. Instead of fighting link, you will be on FD with your Link against Mario as the second player.

And of course, you can adapt it as you wish (fighting against CPU, etc...)

I hope that answered your question =)

andrewajt62

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, got them working. Is it possible to use the final destination cheat file and my original cheat file at the same time?

EDIT: Nvm I just added my smash cheats into the new cheat file. I put the old one in another file for safekeeping though, since It does hold all the codes for all other ROMS.

Top Bottom