• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final-D

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
pikachu is a good character, but in final-d he/she/it is a beast. the down b is almost impossible to air dodge. :dizzy:

aznzc

Smash Rookie
thunder is the easiest thing to dodge, because all they got to do is side step when they are ontop of u or just di away from u. i usually just thunder after they side step just to throw off their playing pace or scare them.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Because of the distinctive sound before you even see the attack, it's rediculusly easy to dodge or counter. Though the fact that on most stages the thunder reaches to the top of the screen makes up for this.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Thunder sucks.
How's that for blunt?

Especially on levels with no platforms. Maybe because the people I play with don't play at a casual level but the second they see me standing still using thunder they dodge it, counter or, or jump in the air and absorb it (Ness/Lucas/G&W). It's easy to see coming even when combo'd into it, it's still extremely dodge-able. At least on stages with platforms like battlefield your opponent may not fall through the platform the first time and get hit for it. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice attack when it hits but in most of the matches I've played/watched, it usually ends up with pikachu getting hit.

I find that most of the aerial/smash attacks are more useful. Throws being extremely useful.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
It all depends on how you use it. Also, most people I know who play pikachu don't stand still and use thunder unless theyre certain it will hit. Travelling thunders are harder to judge unless you've had some experience with pikachu players, which most people havent.

Osgiliath

Smash Apprentice
Thunder is one of the most useful moves Pikachu has and is one of the few reasons he is only Mid-Low Tier instead of Low Tier. I mainly apply Thunder to a few uses, QAC -> Thunder (hardly anyone I faced ever see it coming), as a VERY effective edge guarding technique, and mind games. Particularly with edge guarding. Pikachu has such a great recovery when it comes to distance (and with the buffing of his skull bash he is even better at recovering). Because of this ability to do powerful attacks off the edge with tremendous lag, and still have the ability to recover from great distances below most stages, there are a lot of options of attack. I don't have the time to list them all, but anyone willing to learn first hand, hit me up on AIM ;)

Ilex

Smash Ace
I just use it when they're blasted high up in the air, it gives that little extra boost to send them flying off the top of the stage. Other than that it's too predictable and leaves Pikachu vulnerable. You could say that thunder's a move made to kill when they're extremely weakened and not for casual close-range battling.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
most people don't know how LONG thunder lasts and attack pikachu and STILL get hit by thunder. But then again, I don't see many pikachu users unless its on the pikachu forum (go figure) so i'm assuming not many people have experience against pikachu.

Kira Elite

Smash Rookie
I only use thunder as a edgegaurd, unless I know for sure I can get a hit on it, or I will try to hit them when they are in the air with it.

Top Bottom