• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Cutter - Invincibility Frames/Super Armor?

Tynomic

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I don't know which from which.

Anyways, I was fighting this Ike one time, and he got his FS. Then, right as I used up be, he tried his FS. I was directly in front of him (I didn't leave the ground yet) and it didn't work on me! I think Final Cutter has invincibility/super armor frames

PS: Can someone please tell me the difference between invincibility frames and super armor frames? Thanks.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Invincibility Frames come when you die, then come back on the platform then your invincible for a while. Super Armor is when some characters do an attack and they won't flinch. So I guess your talking about Super Armor, but it's not supose to work on Final Smashes. I don't know if it's a fluk or what? =/

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think it might have a few Armor Frames at its startup.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Invincibility Frames come when you die, then come back on the platform then your invincible for a while. Super Armor is when some characters do an attack and they won't flinch. So I guess your talking about Super Armor, but it's not supose to work on Final Smashes. I don't know if it's a fluk or what? =/
First, some attacks have invincibility frames at some part of the attack (Wolf´s reflector for example) and you also have them when you´re rolling or spotdodging, so they are not just after the death. The difference between invincibility and super armor frames is that you don´t take damage or flinch when hit during your invincibility frames, but when hit during super armor frames you take damage but don´t flinch.

Second, super armor frames work against final smashes:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UJfyBC-hN4U

Tynomic

Smash Rookie
You just weren't within range. Some attacks do give you invincibility frames, but none of Kirby's attacks have this property.
I was right in front of him and he was facing me. I swear.

First, some attacks have invincibility frames at some part of the attack (Wolf´s reflector for example) and you also have them when you´re rolling or spotdodging, so they are not just after the death. The difference between invincibility and super armor frames is that you don´t take damage or flinch when hit during your invincibility frames, but when hit during super armor frames you take damage but don´t flinch.

Second, super armor frames work against final smashes:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UJfyBC-hN4U
Thanks for clearing that up! So maybe it DOES have some...super armor? frames.

Well I'll be dammed?!?! I have never seen that happen before. XD

Thank you for clearing what Super Armor and Invincibility Frames do as well. But it's still unthinkable that if Kirby has one or not. =/
Well, Kirby is just awesome, so he'd be awesomer if he did!

Doval

Smash Lord
Super Armor will not protect against Final Smashes that start with a "grab," because it's a grab and not a hit. And Great Aether would be one of them. The Great Aether just missed, because you moved out of the way, not because he has invincibility frames.

Tynomic

Smash Rookie
I am positive that it I was in the way. I was right in front of the Ike, on the ground and he WAS facing me.
So I think it has invincibility frames?
I'll go run some tests.

Top Bottom