• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fighting the puffstar

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
ok, like really, how the **** do you fight kirby? cause i can't figure it out, i know this has been discussed in the matchup section and stuff, but its old and doesn't say how to counter him, just says his moves and tactics, so guys, what do you think about approaching the matchup against this puffstar

Rocann

Smash Lord
Fight him like DeDeDe. He likes to go for low aerial approaches, which we know how to deal with. Just like DeDeDe, he's a fairly grabby character. So you can't feel safe just shielding whatever main approaches he's got. You've got to stay mobile and basically kite him around, as he has no efficient projectile. Do *not* edgeguard him close. Inhale will destroy you even at 0% as olimar if he does it right. So more or less, what you have to do is camp/play keepaway. He is going to be using fsmash if you're near the edge, grabs when you're in the middle. As with all characters with strong aerial approaches, pivot grabs are tasty when he lands.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I only know of one good kirby in the region up here..
Who would that be of yours?

Awex

Smash Lord
Camp 'em. ;x

Kirby is an amazing character with no really safe approaching moves.

Don't walk into bairs, pivot grab em.

Don't be dumb and get in Kirby's grab range. Kirby's got grab combos too, but come on, his arm is like an inch long. :p

Smaller tip, not huge matchup advice: Because of how easily Kirby can out-prioritize up smash, combo with it and don't even worry about stale moves. Blue and Purple throws are going to be your most reliable KO moves here. At least that's what I've found from the matchup.

GenG

Smash Lord
Kirby is tricky, after they realize that they can't dair you they'll start airdodging into you. Sometimes jumping suddenly with a fair messes with their spacing.

Weruop

Smash Ace
not really lol >.>

all im saying dabuz is kind of camp them and watch urline but always be on ur toes ready to act. pivot grabs will **** and u should save up smash for finisher

Top Bottom