• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game night at Game Universe!! Every Tuesday

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
thx to the people who came last night it was a blast. There will possibly be one next Friday but I will update you as I find out more info.

Thx again

Vigiliante/**** tom

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
im totally hitting this up next time. to bad i couldnt go this time, but oh well...

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
There will be one this friday coming up and there will be some tourneys like Tasunoko vs Capcom,3rd strike, and Street Fighter HD. As always there will be smash there so come on down if you can.

It starts at 6 but you can arrive any time before hand.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Sry for double posting but I think everybody should now this info.

1. Shout outs to the last minute Firday Night Fight night. SICK LAST GRAND FINALS intense haha
gratz to Gridman and Sean!

This up and coming Friday 02-06-09 we will have another Firday Night fight night!

HD rEMIX TOURNy
singles
$5

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
Singles
$5

Third Strike
TEAMS
$5

And last but not least
Street Fighter Alpha 3
singles
$3

So get hyped!

But heres the REAL BIG NEWS
We are ordering a Japaneese Version (2 copies) of SF4 for ps3. What does this mean? STREET FIGHTER 4 ON FEB 13TH
Now I CANNOT guarantee this, but We payed for first day shipping and when we did this for TvC it came the next day.

SO here's what we decided to do. Friday the 13 will be another Fight Night at Gameuniverse. 5$ entry fee play all games till 2 am with tournies.

IF WE HAVE street fighter we will have the frist console SF4 tournament that day!
Singles Double Elimination 2out 3
$10 entry
50-30-20
As SOON AS WE GET IT IN I'll post but we'll run somthing that night no matter what

GET HYPED

Also it will be $10 for ALL DAY PASSES to play Street Fighter 4 any day that's not fight night even AFTER the game comes out!

This is all from the post on Shoryuken from the guy who runs it at GU so if this sparks any interest it should be mad hype.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
woooo i cant wait to go to this today =D

to bring hacking materials for melee or not to bring hacking materials for melee XD

Almo

Smash Ace
omfg sheik's target test owns.

coffee shop quarter MM. lol

i used to love action replay but the card for it broke, and idk where my disc went. and i never figured out how to TAS stuff so i would just frame by frame samus' super duper wavedash. LOL

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
ok so im bringing along with me

Melee
AR
Immaterial and Missing power
and a copy of dracula (irrelevant but WHO CARES? XD)

should i bring a wii and brawl? if there isnt a setup already

oh and btw im gonna bring my sd card so if i get short matches i can save em =D

Almo

Smash Ace
this was wicked fun. i wish i entered the SF tournament.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
This Friday coming up they should be getting SF4 console version for PS3. Be the first to try SF4 on console and if there is enough people there should be a SF4 tourney. I will try to be there around 1pm so if you want to come early there will be a set-up or two of smash.

See you all there!!

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i wish i could have gone this week. :< hopefully there will be one next week right?

Almo

Smash Ace
SF4 was awesome even though i didn't win at all. Smiley is too funny. i hope there's one next week too.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
SF4 was awesome even though i didn't win at all. Smiley is too funny. i hope there's one next week too.
There will not be anything going on this Friday but there is a gathering on tuesday. Also you can show up at GU anytime to play it and get some practice in.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
now i have been pondering long and hard....will there be a fighting game night this friday before mass madness? :O

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
now i have been pondering long and hard....will there be a fighting game night this friday before mass madness? :O
There will not be one because the guy who runs it will be in philly and I will be working till 10pm. I will be appearing at MM this sat so see you guys there.

Almo

Smash Ace
cool. i haven't bought SF4 yet but have been playing it a bit so i'm looking forward to that. and of course brawl.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
cool. i haven't bought SF4 yet but have been playing it a bit so i'm looking forward to that. and of course brawl.
Good stuff man I will be heading down after I get out of work so we should get some matches in both games. See you guys after 10pm son!

Almo

Smash Ace
Good stuff man I will be heading down after I get out of work so we should get some matches in both games. See you guys after 10pm son!
you actually just reminded me that i had work. i'm on call though so i can probably make this. and hopefully stay past 10 so we can play.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
This friday is Fighting Game Night definate... last couple weeks didn't happen due to a SF Tournament in Philly. Dan is running this and does a great job. BTW I LOVE STREET FIGHTER 4! We need to battle Tom!

Almo

Smash Ace
zangief is the man but i can't STAND playing him. if you still play him then expect to grab me. ALOT.

Almo

Smash Ace
lol they can't ALL be luck. i'm just out of it i guess. i'll get it back eventually.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
If anybody goes to Game Universe tonight DON'T go because there is nothing going on tonight. I will update you guys if anything is going on on friday.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't know if I will be there on friday but there will be something still going on. it's my sister's birthday on friday.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
The next Fighting Game night is Friday the 20th. Also, SF4 Tournaments at 1pm and 6pm this saturday!
yo jamie you got to put that tourney on smashboards so it can get advertisement. If you want I could do it if you want?

Tomorrow is the 20th be there or be square!

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
Tom.. I would like to see a greater improvement in the smash side, its very weak, that is why I have been continuously posting my ads for over 2 months. As GU/Dan/the powers may be have permissioned me to actually correlate the smash brothers side of this event, and since S.B.Soldier is retired forever from smash, It's my duty to try to get as much hype out as possible for this...Any suggestions would be nice as well... This post is just for reference and is not intended to belittle anyone, just looking for an effective means to turn this event into a huge and fun time for both smashers, SF4ers, etc.

Top Bottom