• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight Club

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I just finished watching Fight Club and throughout the movie I couldn't help but think how awesome it would be to belong to an occult community hidden among the masses, and then I realized that I do.

I mean obviously the melee community doesn't blow up credit card company buildings but, there are many parallels between the fight clubs and melee. the most obvious parallel being that we gather together to fight, albeit using light images of nintendo characters, but the interesting parallel is the hidden nature of the smash community, melee is not by any means a mainstream game yet the community is fairly large, and people you have never met before would generally be willing to let you stay in their house due to the simple fact that you both play melee. I thought about Brandon posting the youtube video for funds to buy a new hardrive and the next day post another thanking everyone for the harddrive,

people who know top players well but don't play smash probably just think of them as average dudes, but to people who they have never met before they are elevated the height of gods

So I was thinking that it would be fun/awesome if in every major city, people made Stencils of the Melee image the red Circle with the upside down cross, and maybe with the word melee underneath and tagged them on random buildings or wherever near main streets or billboards or whatever, and it could be like a sign to all that the melee community is alive and well in that particular area plus it would be fun to do, or also just pasting posters on walls that just say Melee>Brawl you know or whatever you want.

don't know how many graff artists there are in the melee community but yea I thought It could make a fun addition to smash sessions, you know when you take a break to go get something eat or whatever bring along a can of spray paint and a stencil., cause just imagine how dope it would be to travel to some big city on the far coast, be it LA or NY or London, Paris, Vancouver, Toronto, Mexico city, Somewhere in Chile etc etc walk out the airport or get off the Bus and see some big *** Melee Logo Tagged on some major Corporate building, I mean even if you were just there on vacation with a friend or your family and were not going to play smash in this city, it would still bring a smile to your face

`DNS`

Smash Lord
The first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club.
The second rule of fight club is you do NOT talk about fight club!

tagging buildings might be a bit much lol
would be cool but..

stickers would be better

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Cool idea. Tagging would be too much, but there should be some kind of sign that a Melee community is present, something that is obscure enough so that it won't get taken down, but any smasher should be able to tell what it is easily.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
There are a lot of parallels, but we have a huge forum (here) and it's kind of irrelevant since everyone in the same city can meet each other through here. The only people that wouldn't would be any lurkers that don't step up to meet other people in their city.

However...

and people you have never met before would generally be willing to let you stay in their house due to the simple fact that you both play melee.
...is a really interesting point. There's a lot of mutual trust just because two (or more) people both play the same game.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Always the ICs mains....

edit: fly, you should convince ICG to dress up like nana and you can dress up like popo and then go to the same tournament. The pull out some hammers and do desynced taunts

Wumbologist

Smash Rookie
Well, I've seen people in my town play Melee, but I haven't seen any New Braunfels players on this board yet. I think it would be amazing to see some kind of melee symbol, so I might be able to see how it came to be on whatever it's printed (painted, written, whatever).

Also, the Melee community seems to be pretty amazing when it comes to trusting each other. People posting there phone numbers, addresses, housing people they've only talked to once or twice, maybe not even in person, and just overall the community gives a sense of welcoming.

I'm happy to try and become apart of this community, and I will. It may take a while to get things straightened out, but I'm gonna try. I couldn't picture a better group of people to join, either.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
There are a lot of parallels, but we have a huge forum (here) and it's kind of irrelevant since everyone in the same city can meet each other through here. The only people that wouldn't would be any lurkers that don't step up to meet other people in their city.
it doesn't have anything to do with meeting people, its just about throwing up gang signs.

so about blowing something up....what if instead we just kidnapped sakurai and then film him apologizing at gun point for making brawl then sneak the footage into the priemiere of a major motion picture.

Stev

Smash Ace
it doesn't have anything to do with meeting people, its just about throwing up gang signs.

so about blowing something up....what if instead we just kidnapped sakurai and then film him apologizing at gun point for making brawl then sneak the footage into the priemiere of a major motion picture.
But... doesn't showing him at gunpoint kinda invalidate his confession? Shouldn't we just keep the gun off screen to make it look real and then have a chance at having SSB4 actually being good? Or is it just about exerting our power...

-Medaphor-

Smash Rookie
HA thats pretty sick, yea posters of that would be marvelous

EDIT

or how about

lol I wanted to do saturn but the rings make it kinda difficult

I could tag that just tell me when and where lol.....

But in all seriousness I could

jugfingers

Smash Champion
well I mean its up to you, but im sure it would be fun to Tag Melee symbols on random buildings in new jersey and or bakersfield.

if you do and you have a camera you should take a picture of your work and post it in this thread.

should be relatively easy to make a simple melee symbol stencil

Top Bottom