• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Jeike said:
This stuff about" He's too powerful" look at ganondorf. Or bowser. They were all powerful beings in their games, but look at them now. I think it is likely they will take out young link so I think they should replace him with Fierce Diety Link.
Young Link won't be removed he'll just be cell shaded and Fierce Deity Link's chances of getting in Brawl are slim to none

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Jeike said:
This stuff about" He's too powerful" look at ganondorf. Or bowser. They were all powerful beings in their games, but look at them now. I think it is likely they will take out young link so I think they should replace him with Fierce Diety Link.
Yes, look at them now. They're the 2 strongest characters in the game. But they're balanced, though. Big and slow. If FDLink was in the game, he'd be like them with a big-*** sword that shoots rays and has by far the longest reach in the game from the strongest fastest character. That wouldn't be fair.

****, this really looks like it'll go on forever. **** it, put him in the game so they'll shut the **** up. Bunch of babies whining about a cool version of a character from like 3 games ago that will never appear again in any other Zelda game. Why don't we put Hammer Suit Mario, Giga Bowser, Pig Ganon, and the powered up Samus at the end of Super Metroid in the game so that way we can have a bunch of overpowered, cool, kick-*** characters in the game so that everyone can have their favorite "version" of each character and just forget about the normal characters.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
TDub301 said:
****, this really looks like it'll go on forever. **** it, put him in the game so they'll shut the **** up. Bunch of babies whining about a cool version of a character from like 3 games ago that will never appear again in any other Zelda game. Why don't we put Hammer Suit Mario, Giga Bowser, Pig Ganon, and the powered up Samus at the end of Super Metroid in the game so that way we can have a bunch of overpowered, cool, kick-*** characters in the game so that everyone can have their favorite "version" of each character and just forget about the normal characters.
Actually, Hammer Suit Mario is often desired as an alternate costume. And Pig Ganon has appeared in every Zelda Game before Majora's Mask [Link's awakening excluded of course.] And if you mean Samus with her super beam that she got from the Metroid, that's a different case. She was still Samus with the same artwork and everything, just another beam. And actually, that beam might be her Super attack in Brawl.

The reason Oni-Link should be in Brawl is because he was simply one of the coolest things to ever happen to a Zelda game.

He wasn't any larger, heavier or faster than Adult Link. He was really just a modified version of the Adult link Model. And in fact his helix sword was about the same length as Biggoron's sword. So here's the plan.

Make him, super powerful with a longer range than Link, only one projectile [his beam], and the inability to block/grab conventionally [since he couldn't block in MM and his hand are always full anyway]. His other B-moves could be filled in with Marth-like attacks or something original. And then set him as a transformation activated by Young Link's super attack, which could be maintained until he received X amount of damage. Considering his inabiltiy to block. It would require some mad skills to stay in the Deity form very long. And it would also Make Young Link worth playing this time around.

If anyone can find fault with this plan, aside from saying WW Link is a better choice, please let me know.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
It's whatever man, maybe you should be a game developer, why don't you turn in your resume to Nintendo and HAL studios. I never minded him being in as a version of another character, just don't think he should be an individual character, enough Links in the game already. Maybe his ability to grab shouldn't be taken away, though. Despite his hands being full, there's probably still a way he could do grab moves, (grab them with his sword somehow).

For the record, her super beam will probably end up being her special. And Hammer Mario would kick *** if he was in. I knew someone would break that down, but I think you missed the point of what I was trying to say. And I never finished Majora's Mask, got to the level where you finally find the mirror shield and got tired of it all-of-a-sudden. So I never got to play as FDLink, I always thought he was bigger. Also, if his sword is the same size as the Biggorn sword, it'll probably have the longest reach in Smash Brothers still.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
NNot really, it'd be slightly longer than Roy's sword, and Roy's sword was great itself. And technically, Ganondorf was this teleporting , kamehameha ball throwing swoll as evil black guy with magic ability, AND HE'S NOT BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER CHARACTER....

AS long as there are Foxes and Sheiks he can still be combod and chain grabbed, so that's beside the point
And I got stuch in front of te Stone Tower, I will try and fix that today though.

And I'd love for him to be in Brawl though... And how is there too many Link's in Smash? There might even be more than one in Brawl!

And he'd be much better than a Young Link

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
How are there too many Links in Smash? There's more than 1, which is too many.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
TDub301 said:
It has nothing to do with skill. It has to do with power. People complained that Mewtwo was in the game and getting his *** kicked. He should arguably be the most powerful character in the game, even though he's one of the most *****ed characters. In real life Mewtwo would kick Snake's *** with a flick of his pinky finger. The point is that if FD Link were in the game and they made him true to his REAL character in MM, he'd destroy all the other characters (since the ones who could fight him have been toned down). That's not right. Or they could take the other course and tone him down. But then we'd have another Mewtwo on our hands. They can't make him big and fast with a lot of weight, even though he has all those qualities. He'd be toned down and then would only be a shadow of his former self and I don't want them to do that. Being powerful is mostly why he's so cool. If you like him enough, you wouldn't want to play as him so bad that you'll make them embarress him and make him suck. Although, if they made the mask an item that a character could pick up, they don't have to mock him by toning him down, they can keep him kicking *** and in the game, it's just got to be fair for the other characters. Or they could make him an unlockable boss, they'd probably just ban his use in tournaments if that happened.

And for the record, wether Snake would kick Mario's *** is very arguable, Mario is very agile and able to fight just like Snake. Just because you like Snake more doesn't mean he'd kick Mario's *** in a fight, sorry.
For the record, I really don't like Snake, or his games. But an acrobatic plumber really isn't going to stand a chance against a gun. Yet Snake isn't getting his guns, and there aren't any real complaints over that, are there?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
How are there too many Marshigios on Smashboards? There's 1, which is too many.

[just kidding, Marsha, we love you =p]

But still, considering Mario, Link and Pikachu were the three biggest characters in Nintendo history, it wasn't unreasonable to put two versions of them in smash. Also their respective franchises, because of their popularity and success, are probably the most likely to get another character in Brawl...after Dedede of course.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
No he doesn't, no one deserves that.

Mario is the best franchise owned by Nintendo, pokemon 2nd, then LoZ in 3rd place. I'm talking about sales here, if I chose, pokemon would be at the bottom and LoZ would be 2nd.

Resting Fox brings up a good point though, I feel so loved now. :p

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Resting_Fox said:
But still, considering Mario, Link and Pikachu were the three biggest characters in Nintendo history, it wasn't unreasonable to put two versions of them in smash. Also their respective franchises, because of their popularity and success, are probably the most likely to get another character in Brawl...after Dedede of course.

Hyper-Link said:
Um, Link is the best franchise owned by Nintendo.

Comparing OcArina of Time to Luigi's Mansion or Mario Sunshine is like Michael Jordan to Yao Ming

He deserves to have THREE or FOUR versions of himself
That whole argument is empty. It is completely based on what you think. But what you think is the best doesn't matter. Link is already one of only 2 characters who has 2 versions of himself in Melee. Which means, to reiterate what Resting Fox is saying, in those terms that he is on the same level as Nintendo's mascot (and the main face of the game) Mario. Link does not need any more forms of himself. If they want to make FD Link transformable somehow from Young Link, I'd go for that, no problem. But he definitely doesn't need 3 more forms, that's crazy talk, how old are you? Shouldn't you be in school? Oh, right, it's summer now.

Master Puppet said:
For the record, I really don't like Snake, or his games. But an acrobatic plumber really isn't going to stand a chance against a gun. Yet Snake isn't getting his guns, and there aren't any real complaints over that, are there?
See the problem is you're giving him a weapon now, how is that fair in any situation for any two characters? Of course I'm talking about them on an even playing field in a fist fight. And I was actually upset when I heard Snake wouldn't have any guns. I understand why, but that takes away a main part of him, gunfighting. Not everything, but a solid part of his offense.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
TDub301 said:
That whole argument is empty. It is completely based on what you think. But what you think is the best doesn't matter. Link is already one of only 2 characters who has 2 versions of himself in Melee. Which means, to reiterate what Resting Fox is saying, in those terms that he is on the same level as Nintendo's mascot (and the main face of the game) Mario. Link does not need any more forms of himself. If they want to make FD Link transformable somehow from Young Link, I'd go for that, no problem. But he definitely doesn't need 3 more forms, that's crazy talk, how old are you? Shouldn't you be in school? Oh, right, it's summer now.

See the problem is you're giving him a weapon now, how is that fair in any situation for any two characters? Of course I'm talking about them on an even playing field in a fist fight. And I was actually upset when I heard Snake wouldn't have any guns. I understand why, but that takes away a main part of him, gunfighting. Not everything, but a solid part of his offense.
First of all, history means nothing statistic-wise. If Oni Link plays and looks completely different than Link, what does it matter if he's the same character in his games? And besides, I've covered this point before.

As for you addressing me, the reason I gave Snake a gun in my analogy is because he has them in his games. Just like Oni Link has godly power. Take it out and get a good character.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
A character is just a shell to hold a moveset. You could change marth to hello kitty and it wouldn't matter. The whole game could be pokemon themed for all I care. Why is everyone saying that 4 marios would be bad?

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Master Puppet said:
First of all, history means nothing statistic-wise. If Oni Link plays and looks completely different than Link, what does it matter if he's the same character in his games? And besides, I've covered this point before.
commonyoshi said:
A character is just a shell to hold a moveset. You could change marth to hello kitty and it wouldn't matter. The whole game could be pokemon themed for all I care. Why is everyone saying that 4 marios would be bad?
I think you guys are getting too technical with this. This is about characters, not programs. Yes, technically, in every video game, a character is nothing but a created shell that does specific, programed movements that have certain effects. But you can't look at it that way, you're supposed to see it as the actual established characters from the Nintedo Universe. If you look at games that way, you must have no kind of imagination whatsoever and likewise are taking away from the whole point of video games in the first place.

Master Puppet, everyone in this thread is covering this topic, you're not the ultimate authority on anything here, so don't be so cocky saying **** like "I've covered this topic before". This is an opinion page and most people want equal representation for all the Nintendo games represented. Yes, Zelda and Mario are the most popular franchises, but their main characters both already have 2 versions in Melee, why do we need more? That takes away room for other characters from either the same game or different games. Most players don't want to see different versions of the same characters over and over again, including me. I'm not saying FD Link shouldn't be in the game, I just don't think he should be a separate character, that's all.

Master Puppet said:
As for you addressing me, the reason I gave Snake a gun in my analogy is because he has them in his games. Just like Oni Link has godly power. Take it out and get a good character.
But I'm referencing you because you said Snake would kick Mario's *** in a fight and I'm saying that anybody could kick his *** if they had a gun and knew how to use it, it doesn't make Snake special by any measure. It has nothing to do with whether he'd be a good character or not. Furthermore, they didn't give him his gun but they are making him use primarily explosive weapons which can do a lot more damage than a pistol. And if we take out FD Link's godly powers, guess who we'll have? Regular Link. So what would be the point of putting him in if he's gonna be just like Link? Just a waste of space.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
TDub301 said:
And if we take out FD Link's godly powers, guess who we'll have? Regular Link. So what would be the point of putting him in if he's gonna be just like Link? Just a waste of space.
Well first of all, don't listen to commonyoshi, or try to debate with him. He's right about what he says, but the idea behind it is just dumb.

Secondly, putting FD Link in without his godly powers would still make him Link with a two-handed sword and longer range. Something on par with what I expect from Ganondorf in Brawl. OR just an alternate costume for Link [with helix sword shortened and a new sheild], which is also an idea I like, just not as much as making him Young Link's super.

Let's make this topic go to 5+ pages.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Resting_Fox said:
Well first of all, don't listen to commonyoshi, or try to debate with him. He's right about what he says, but the idea behind it is just dumb.

Secondly, putting FD Link in without his godly powers would still make him Link with a two-handed sword and longer range. Something on par with what I expect from Ganondorf in Brawl. OR just an alternate costume for Link [with helix sword shortened and a new sheild], which is also an idea I like, just not as much as making him Young Link's super.

Let's make this topic go to 5+ pages.
Okeedokee.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have even thought about what he said, I guess I gave the idea more credit than it deserves when I gave my rebuttle for it (I feel like I should be behind a podium like in Old School).

Now I wouldn't have a problem with him either being a super of Y. Link or being an alternate costume of Link, even if he still had the 2 handed sword and lost the shield. I just don't think he should be a separate character because I want that space saved for new characters and not versions of the already-included characters.

Actually, now that I think about it, he shouldn't be an alternate costume because if he's FD Link he should have a different moveset than regular Link. That would be taking away from the whole point of a Fierce Diety Link if he was just a costume of regular Link. I'd rather him be a super for Young Link. Someone brought up a good idea (pages ago, I'm not gonna look for it) when they said he'd transform somehow and stay that way until he got to a certain percentage. Maybe doing a long enough combo on him can knock him back to Young Link. But if you take away his Godly Powers, then what's the point of him being FD Link? Having Link with the Biggoron sword instead of his regular sword I think would better fit your request, it would fit strategically (which is how I think you're looking at it) without putting FD Link on regular Link's level (which he shouldn't be on). Of course if that's how Ganon is going to be, then maybe there's no need for a Biggorn Sword Link either. I hope Ganon doesn't, though, cuz I don't want half the characters in Brawl to be swordfighters, it was already starting to get old in Melee to me.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
TDub301 said:
Actually, now that I think about it, he shouldn't be an alternate costume because if he's FD Link he should have a different moveset than regular Link. That would be taking away from the whole point of a Fierce Diety Link if he was just a costume of regular Link. I'd rather him be a super for Young Link. Someone brought up a good idea (pages ago, I'm not gonna look for it) when they said he'd transform somehow and stay that way until he got to a certain percentage. Maybe doing a long enough combo on him can knock him back to Young Link. But if you take away his Godly Powers, then what's the point of him being FD Link? Having Link with the Biggoron sword instead of his regular sword I think would better fit your request, it would fit strategically (which is how I think you're looking at it) without putting FD Link on regular Link's level (which he shouldn't be on). Of course if that's how Ganon is going to be, then maybe there's no need for a Biggorn Sword Link either. I hope Ganon doesn't, though, cuz I don't want half the characters in Brawl to be swordfighters, it was already starting to get old in Melee to me.
First of all, you can debate without getting angry and flaming me, can you not? I meant no offense from what I posted, but you seemed to take it as such. I apologize sincerely, and hope such a misunderstanding never arises again.

Now, to the point. Oni-Link may not be a major character, but he was the most powerful character in MM and does deserve representation. You are right in that he should not be placed at the importance of Link, one of Nintendo's "four corners", so to speak, but a role as Young Link's super may be too minor, for several reasons. We are almost sure that these supers are rare, so Oni-Link will not appear often. Also, people only with a small taste of him will complain and be upset over not being able to play as him long. He will also be tournament-banned if he is only Young Link's super, shutting him out of a major part of the game. An unlockable character sounds good to me, as long as his importance is depressed. And I seriously doubt Oni-Link will get in over other, more likely characters. Odds are, if he gets in at all, he will be a last idea for the developers, groping for new characters.

As for your argument of him being a swordsman, he would no doubt play very differently from Link, having a long sword. Now, of course, you will be thinking "But Ganondorf will have a long sword, so we don't need any others!" Logical at first, but we must take into account Meta-Knight and Link, two confirmed characters, have short, one-handed swords. By that logic, Meta-Knight should be quickly removed. And about there being too many swordsmen, there will not be. There are no swordsmen in the Mario or Pokemon series, which will be represented greatest next to Zelda games. Nor are there any in many of Nintendo's smaller series, e.g. F-Zero, Metroid, Star Fox, etc.

And if Oni-Link gets in, he should replace Young Link, a complete clone of Link, solving the dilemma of having three Links.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
No, he should not be in this. Dr.Mario is one the most likely characters to be removed, and then there will only be one Mario, hopefully.

There will still be a dilemma of having two Links, and the way some people are making him sound, no one will care to play as Link at all. I'm not saying there are too many swordsmen, because I like swordsmen and want more.

Now, I have no idea on how they plan to keep Ganondorf from easily killing all the other characters with his sword without making him a dissapointment. The same COULD happen with Oni-Link, but like I've said already, there are more deserving characters than Oni-Link.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Master Puppet said:
...a role as Young Link's super may be too minor... people only with a small taste of him will complain and be upset over not being able to play as him long. He will also be tournament-banned if he is only Young Link's super, shutting him out of a major part of the game
Well, then that would make Oni-Link true to the original. A teasing taste of divinity. As he was always intended to be. And we're not yet certain whether supers are activated solely by items or not. They could also come at high percentages [say 150 on average] or some other criterion. So saying he'd be completely tournament banned is a shaky assertion.

Odds are, if he gets in at all, he will be a last idea for the developers, groping for new characters.
But you see this presents a dilemma. The way you're saying it is either he's in as Young Link's super or not at all.

And if Oni-Link gets in, he should replace Young Link, a complete clone of Link, solving the dilemma of having three Links.
Don't forget though that Wind Waker Link is often requested, and that there may be [MAYBE] 3 Links or 3 Mario's anyway. If there are then the choices are obvious. Satisfy everyone [WW Link, TP Link, FD Link]

Lastly, does anyone maybe know the origin of THIS model of Oni-Link? It seems cheap enough to be fan-made, but maybe it was a promo design or something. Anyway, it definitely shows Oni-Link's popularity is nowhere near dead.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Resting_Fox said:
Well, then that would make Oni-Link true to the original. A teasing taste of divinity. As he was always intended to be. And we're not yet certain whether supers are activated solely by items or not. They could also come at high percentages [say 150 on average] or some other criterion. So saying he'd be completely tournament banned is a shaky assertion.
It's quite likely, though not certain, that a super is activated by the Smash Emblem. Whatever the case, that item has something to do with it, and items are banned in tournaments. Therefore, the odds are slim that Oni-Link would be playable in tournaments.

Resting_Fox said:
But you see this presents a dilemma. The way you're saying it is either he's in as Young Link's super or not at all.
How so? What I'm saying is when the developers are running out of character ideas, they may turn to Oni-Link. It won't be first choice.

Resting_Fox said:
Don't forget though that Wind Waker Link is often requested, and that there may be [MAYBE] 3 Links or 3 Mario's anyway. If there are then the choices are obvious. Satisfy everyone [WW Link, TP Link, FD Link]
WW Link is more likely than Oni-Link, I agree, being the star of two games, one yet to be released. Three Links does seem a bit far-fetched: but with WW Link, Oni-Link as his super makes absolutely no sense.

Resting_Fox said:
Lastly, does anyone maybe know the origin of THIS model of Oni-Link? It seems cheap enough to be fan-made, but maybe it was a promo design or something. Anyway, it definitely shows Oni-Link's popularity is nowhere near dead.
It looks like a recolor of SCII Link. Just a guess, though.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Master Puppet said:
First of all, you can debate without getting angry and flaming me, can you not? I meant no offense from what I posted, but you seemed to take it as such. I apologize sincerely, and hope such a misunderstanding never arises again.

Now, to the point. Oni-Link may not be a major character, but he was the most powerful character in MM and does deserve representation. You are right in that he should not be placed at the importance of Link, one of Nintendo's "four corners", so to speak, but a role as Young Link's super may be too minor, for several reasons. We are almost sure that these supers are rare, so Oni-Link will not appear often. Also, people only with a small taste of him will complain and be upset over not being able to play as him long. He will also be tournament-banned if he is only Young Link's super, shutting him out of a major part of the game. An unlockable character sounds good to me, as long as his importance is depressed. And I seriously doubt Oni-Link will get in over other, more likely characters. Odds are, if he gets in at all, he will be a last idea for the developers, groping for new characters.

As for your argument of him being a swordsman, he would no doubt play very differently from Link, having a long sword. Now, of course, you will be thinking "But Ganondorf will have a long sword, so we don't need any others!" Logical at first, but we must take into account Meta-Knight and Link, two confirmed characters, have short, one-handed swords. By that logic, Meta-Knight should be quickly removed. And about there being too many swordsmen, there will not be. There are no swordsmen in the Mario or Pokemon series, which will be represented greatest next to Zelda games. Nor are there any in many of Nintendo's smaller series, e.g. F-Zero, Metroid, Star Fox, etc.

No no buddy, I apologize, I think I was getting heated cuz I thought you were in one of your posts. But regardless, Resting Fox makes good points.

I don't think that Link with a long sword would play similar to FD Link in general. But if they tone down FD Link, then I think they would because FD Link wouldn't be so strong anymore. And you're right, there still won't be that many swordfighters in comparison to the rest of the characters, I just don't want them to go overboard with it.

Resting_Fox said:
Resting_Fox said:
Now I like FD Link, he's a good character. I just don't want a bunch of versions of different characters in the game like Marshigio. I also don't want him to be in if he's not gonna be god-like and toned down, cuz that's not true to the character. Now, I think they should make him a transformable version from Young Link (or maybe the regular Link) just like Zamus is from Samus. Just whoever is playing as Link has to do something special in order to turn to FD Link and he can be turned back if his opponent does something special, too. That way if you want to play as him, you have to earn it so people couldn't have a right to complain about it. I think that's very fair, since he's supposed to be such a powerful character, so we should have to earn being able to play as him.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Marshigio said:
No, he should not be in this. Dr.Mario is one the most likely characters to be removed, and then there will only be one Mario, hopefully.

There will still be a dilemma of having two Links, and the way some people are making him sound, no one will care to play as Link at all. I'm not saying there are too many swordsmen, because I like swordsmen and want more.

Now, I have no idea on how they plan to keep Ganondorf from easily killing all the other characters with his sword without making him a dissapointment. The same COULD happen with Oni-Link, but like I've said already, there are more deserving characters than Oni-Link.
I agree with this guy, but no one seemed to reply to what he said. I still don't like Oni-Link, just because he's a beefed up version of Link doesn't earn him a spot in Brawl.

There should be ONE version of every character, and it seems like it's going to be that way in Brawl. Zamus will probably play MUCH differently than Samus, who is a projectile fighter. Zamus seems like she'd only be using the pistol for some of her moves.

Link and Oni-Link would be too similar. Oni-Link would still be slashing with a sword, he'd still be using a projectile(some magic frisbee or something that someone else said) which resembles a boomerang.

The only difference anyone has said so far between them is that he'd be stronger, and he seems to have the same build as Link. That means they'd be exactly the same with a few different variations of moves, but Oni-Link would be stronger and that'd be the only difference.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Well FD Link would have a large, 2 handed sword that shoots rays when he swings (like old school Zelda games when Link's at full health) with no shield. And not only is he stronger, but faster, too. He would play differently, definitely, because of the weapon and strength difference. Link doesn't really have a whole lot of power moves if you look at how he uses his sword (a couple). FD Link would be like all power swings with a big-*** sword. But in the game, they'd probably make him slow if he was his own playable character and I don't think that's cool, cuz then he isn't really FD Link anymore (he's more like a Cloud who looks like Link with War Paint and no irises in his eyes).

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It shoots rays when he swings? That's exactly like the Star Rod, but not an item.

Faster, Stronger, and more range. Not a single thing that's bad about him, that sounds like a Marth to me, which should be avoided at all costs. He shouldn't be in this.

As for that Cloud thing you said, I just felt like putting this into this thread because I'm bored.

Cloud vs. Link

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
The sword's energy projectiles could easily be assigned to his B. Since Link can't use the Boomerang, Bomb, or Bow in FD form. So he could have a three-move difference from regular Link. Something like.

B-> A backflip---useful for evading whenever rolling would cause too much lag or distance. The backflip has less of both, but also less invincibility frames. To be used wisely.
B-up---Same.
B- Ring of Light---Swings the sword to shoot off a ring of light. If it hits [either sword or ring], the enemy glows with the signature holy light. Obviously it would have to be a weak attack [a little stronger if the sword hits DUH], not too different from Fox's blaster, but obviously not as swiftly executed.
B-Down---I can't think of anything original so...Counter [stolen from Marth]. Maybe B-down could remove the mask, and then you'd have to wait till Young Link got another super.

It wouldn't require all that much work on the programmers' end. The character model and animations for all A attacks are the same [or simply changed to two-handed consistently], just an increase in hitbox and alterations of attack properties. Also, FD link has no Ginsu Blades [A,A,A,A,A...], ever.

I will keep theorizing until the non-believers are convinced.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
So what if he has a few B moves?

That doesn't mean he should be in Brawl... and you're going to do a lot of theorizing to convince me that he shoud be in.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Wait, you're one of those WW fans aren't you?

I'll let you in on a little secret. Wind Waker was only put out to pacify the fans while Twilight Princess was being developed beyond the spotlgiht. Now they're continuing with the style because it met with such ironcally resounding success.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
It shoots rays when he swings? That's exactly like the Star Rod, but not an item.

Faster, Stronger, and more range. Not a single thing that's bad about him, that sounds like a Marth to me, which should be avoided at all costs. He shouldn't be in this.

As for that Cloud thing you said, I just felt like putting this into this thread because I'm bored.

Cloud vs. Link
No, he'd be stronger than Marth in general and his attacks would do a lot of damage because his sword is giant (like Cloud's, which was why I made the comparison) so all his attacks would be like big hulking swings. That's if he's not toned down. If he is, they'll probably just make him slow as hell, but still keep the strength and big-*** sword. Marth's sword is long, but not big and he uses one hand most of the time. He wouldn't play like Marth, or he shouldn't I'd say.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
TDub301 said:
Now I like FD Link, he's a good character. I just don't want a bunch of versions of different characters in the game like Marshigio. I also don't want him to be in if he's not gonna be god-like and toned down, cuz that's not true to the character. Now, I think they should make him a transformable version from Young Link (or maybe the regular Link) just like Zamus is from Samus. Just whoever is playing as Link has to do something special in order to turn to FD Link and he can be turned back if his opponent does something special, too. That way if you want to play as him, you have to earn it so people couldn't have a right to complain about it. I think that's very fair, since he's supposed to be such a powerful character, so we should have to earn being able to play as him.
Technically, you do earn unlockable characters. So that piece of logic doesn't make much sense. Just because FD Link won't kill everything in three hits won't make him underpowered. Give him great strength, average speed, and as someone suggested a while ago, remove the shield function for him. That's not underpowered.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Master Puppet said:
Technically, you do earn unlockable characters. So that piece of logic doesn't make much sense. Just because FD Link won't kill everything in three hits won't make him underpowered. Give him great strength, average speed, and as someone suggested a while ago, remove the shield function for him. That's not underpowered.
I'm not talking about choosable characters. I'm talking about earning him in the middle of play, like you have to do something special like get a 10 hit combo or something (it could be anything) and Young Link will turn to FD Link while you're fighting. I think that's a good idea, as long as the person you're fighting can turn you back to normal just as easily (or hard) as you turned to FD Link.

FD Link should be able to kill everything in 3 hits cuz he's supposed to be really powerful. If the hits are right, Bowser and Ganondorf can kill most characters in 4 or 5 hits, FD Link should be stronger than they are. And why remove the shield function if he's gonna be balanced, then it stacks the odds against him. That doesn't make sense.

Removing the shield should further support him not being a separate character, why would one character not have a shield when all the others do? That's a silly idea, doesn't fit into the mold of the game or it's mechanics.

kaid said:
Marshingo was comparing Marth's brokenness to FD's brokenness.
Alright.

I wasn't talking about him being broken or unbalanced, I was just saying that he wouldn't play like Marth. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be similar, but they'd have a different feel for the reasons that I already explained. It didn't seem to me like Marshigio was saying they'd be broken, specifically, but that they'd be about the same. But that's such a subtle point, why even bother talking about it? It's almost like you just wanted to argue to you brought that up.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
Wait, you're one of those WW fans aren't you?

I'll let you in on a little secret. Wind Waker was only put out to pacify the fans while Twilight Princess was being developed beyond the spotlgiht. Now they're continuing with the style because it met with such ironcally resounding success.
No, I liked WW but I still don't want WW Link in. The only Link I want in this game, is Adult Link(and we already that happened) and that's it.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Whatever, I'm tired of talking about this and bumping the topic. Let's just agree to disagree, because I can see where you're coming from Marshigio, but I still think there may be more than one version of some characters in Brawl. It happens in a lot of fighting games.

'Tis a shame FD Link wasn't mentioned on Sakurai's poll, and WW was. But given the Japanese favoritism of cuteness over pure embodiments of awesome, it makes sense. Well, I've already gotten all my ideas out and I know they'd work fine if implemented, so if anyone else has anything valuable to say, go ahead.

I'll just put FD Link, Geno and Ridley in my sig.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I think we have just about crushed this topic and reached a point where any more elaboration will just be a repeat of what has been said in a previous page. 11 pages ain't bad, though.

Top Bottom