• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Females require more skill?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeah, there are secret costumes (sarcasm). You know, Marth has a sword, and it would be a bit more convincing if you put one in there, and also, if you use photo shop on the trophy description, it would be even more convincing. And do you know what else, I just gave all the good ideas away, now you Can't joke about it anymore (sinister laughs)!
Its called an inside joke. Come back in about 6 months and you may laugh

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
What? Sheik and Peach both take a crapload of tech skill in Brawl.

Well, depends on playstyle I guess.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Now that I feel like not being an ***...

Zamus: FAir, side B, UAir
Jigglypuff (Melee): Rest and the wall of pain; not much technical skill required for Jiggs either
Peach (Melee): DSmash lololol, FAir, NAir, BAir
Zelda (Brawl): Din's Fire, Smashes, (Anything)Air
Sheik: ...
Marth: ...
Marth is obviously a brute strength player. Keep the attacks coming and your opponent will have a tough time beating you.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I've been loling to the infinitum since this thread started. wavelucas and charizard are clearly newbs, hah they haven't unlocked Princess Martha.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say so. Samus has pretty hard hitting attacks, Zelda has VERY hard hitting attacks when used correctly, Marth's attacks are also fairly powerful if you get them on the tip of her sword. Sheik and Peach seem to be less hard hitting now, but before they were quite powerful. I guess Jiggles has some hard hitters as well, although her main one, rest, is pretty hard to aim.

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say so. Samus has pretty hard hitting attacks, Zelda has VERY hard hitting attacks when used correctly,
That is what I mean. With people like CF you can hit hard with any part of the attack, but the females require the skill to hit in the right spot.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say so. Samus has pretty hard hitting attacks, Zelda has VERY hard hitting attacks when used correctly, Marth's attacks are also fairly powerful if you get them on the tip of her sword. Sheik and Peach seem to be less hard hitting now, but before they were quite powerful. I guess Jiggles has some hard hitters as well, although her main one, rest, is pretty hard to aim.
Eh Marth is a guy.....

manhunter098

Smash Lord
That is what I mean. With people like CF you can hit hard with any part of the attack, but the females require the skill to hit in the right spot.
Well Samus side Smash is moderately strong though not incredibly impressive. But Zeldas up smash and side smash both have a multi hit vacuum effect where if you touch any part of the attack, you are likely to get sucked in and take the full knockback, which makes them both VERY easy to sweetspot.

inside

Smash Journeyman
I agree with some people here about it takes skill to play a character regardless of their gender, everyone has strong and weak points, and that gender doesn't take a role in their skill play. If you think about it peach is quite powerful.

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
I agree with some people here about it takes skill to play a character regardless of their gender, everyone has strong and weak points, and that gender doesn't take a role in their skill play. If you think about it peach is quite powerful.
I never said she wasn't

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
Well Samus side Smash is moderately strong though not incredibly impressive. But Zeldas up smash and side smash both have a multi hit vacuum effect where if you touch any part of the attack, you are likely to get sucked in and take the full knockback, which makes them both VERY easy to sweetspot.
That's probably because Zelda is made to finish off the damge shiek inflicts (it says so on her melee trophy).

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
no jokes
there are secret costumes
fer realz
you have to be pro to get them though
guess you havent gotten that good yet =\
its okay princess martha will wait for you
But Wario alone is special... You DARE call Sakurai a liar?! XD

And yes, Sonic IS in fact a girl, you obviously haven't seen his Amy Rose costume.

EDIT: Post 777, how lucky :marth:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I thought your point was about female characters, not aggressive characters. In fact, I just checked, and you never used the word "aggressive" at all in your initial post. You did use "Zela," "brute force," "brute strength," "precice accuracy," and "female heavyweights" (the last of these is not true, incidentally, since both Zelda and Samus are in pretty heavy weight classes).

Edit: I forgot "wich reqires" and "for examle."
I'm not sure about Samus, but Zelda is lightweight =/

I also agree with the OP to the degree that Zelda should really be used as a defensive character. She really doesn't have the approach to be a decent offensive character.

Kraut

Smash Apprentice
Is it me, or are we the only ones who think Marth and Shiek are males?
well your wrong
sheik isnt a male. wtf where did you get that?

and princess martha obviously is female. why would a guy wear a tiara? and if you try to spew that crap about its his sister, he could just like have it as a keepsake. doesnt need to wear the dam thing

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
well your wrong
sheik isnt a male. wtf where did you get that?

and princess martha obviously is female. why would a guy wear a tiara? and if you try to spew that crap about its his sister, he could just like have it as a keepsake. doesnt need to wear the dam thing
Well Marth is jappaneese and they might do something like that over there, and for Shiek just look at HIS Melee trophy, in fact, do that for both of them and you will see that the pronouns him or his are used in at least one of their three trophies.

Kraut

Smash Apprentice
Well Marth is jappaneese and they might do something like that over there, and for Shiek just look at HIS Melee trophy, in fact, do that for both of them and you will see that the pronouns him or his are used in at least one of their three trophies.
are you implying that japanese people frequently cross dress? thats racist.

the trophies are known to have many mistakes
play OoT and then talk to me

Looper

Smash Journeyman

you just had to throw in the obligatory passive-aggressive remark

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice

How did this come of the question, "Do female characters generally require more technical skill to be good at than male characters?"???

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Well, captain falcon is considered widely to be gay lol (im not a homophobe). But Zelda is completely different from most female characters. You can rely on brute strength wit h her, and Peach uses her aerials, but you need cleverness to main Peach.

Kraut

Smash Apprentice
How did this come of the question, "Do female characters generally require more technical skill to be good at than male characters?"???
mostly the fact that you dont think martha is a female. and you think shei is a dude

oh yeah, and your topic is trying to seriously ask if female characters are harder to use than male ones

Top Bottom