• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

February 10th, got a plan? I do.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
1. Die from anticipation.
2. Get resurrected.
3. Play melee with friends.
4. Plead for someone to drive me to Gamestop for midnight release, and to call me in sick for school monday.
5. Play SSE.

Praetoria

Smash Rookie
1.Get a phone call saying your copy is reading to get picked up
2.Do a victory dance for thirty seconds
3.Run to EB Games
4.Do another victory dance, in front of EB Games
5.Go in and Buy Brawl
6. .... Victory Dance obviously.
7. Run Back Home victoriously.
8.Play Brawl

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
1. Die from anticipation.
2. Get resurrected.
3. Play melee with friends.
4. Plead for someone to drive me to Gamestop for midnight release, and to call me in sick for school monday.
5. Play SSE.
With number four why don't you sleep with the window open then get a cold and stay home or fake your way out

My new plan is as follows

1. Wake up eat some breakfast
2.Beg my dad to take me to my EB games at the mall
3. Rampage to the store
4.Buy it (if theres a line then talk to fellow smashers. I have it preordered so I will get it.)
5. Read the instruction manuel on the way home
6.race to my room with a phone have the tv turned on,have the wii turned on with the menu up, have fresh wii mote batteries,have Gamecube controller plugged in.
7. Call me friends
8. Cry as I watch the best opening cinematic to any game then wipe my eyes.
9.classic mode
10.Vrs mode
11.SSE
12.Earn as much stuff as possible

And that is my plan for February tenth.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
The 3 Fold P Plan:

Step one: Punch someone in the face.
No in particular, just someone. I've had the urge to do so lately and, well, I figure it's going to come to a head on the 25th of January or 10th of February

Step two: Pick up Brawl
Includes driving to Gamestop, picking up game, opening game, driving home, and putting game in system.

Step three: Play Brawl
Includes selecting the game's channel, selecting start, going through menu screens, and starting SSE.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
On Feb. 10th?

I'll be pissed because when you reserve from Gamestop you get the game a day late...

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I'm doing the midnight launch party thing with a whole bunch of friends. I'll probably be doing carpool to gamestop as well since I'm one of two who can drive, once we all have our copies of Brawl we'll probably go to someone's house where there will be a few TVs and Wiis wet up and proceed to do whatever we wanted in Brawl for a very long time, all the wile expressing all varieties of happiness.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
Well I really am hoping that my K-Mart pulls another dumb one and when Brawl gets shipped and they put in on the shelves ;I will be checking friday and saturday. They did it with Mass Effect maybe they will do it with Brawl.

If not then I will be going into Tallahasee early with a friend of mine, then speeding home (yes I own my own car :p). Then we will either do versus, or if I can talk him into it we will co-op play SSE. I can use that to help me pick what characters there are and try out all (or most) of the characters.

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman
GIANT LIST

Okay. First, i will wake up at 5:00 in the morning and excited i'm getting brawl that day, i'm already awake. I will go get my breakfast, get clothes on, get my camera, feed my dog, and take the current disc out of the wii so it will be ready. I will also put charged batteries in my wii-mote. Then, i will wait an hour before future shop opens. Once it's an hour before it opens, i'll drive like the wind to future shop and get brawl. then i rush back home, not read the manual, open the cover and play brawl, not before taking a picture of it. If all goes well i'm skipping school on the monday just to play ssbb.

captainfalcon_rulez

Smash Apprentice
me and my cousin play for three days because we dont have school =) play sse together maybe a little 1v1 anyways we got it plan have chips,soda,and pizza yeah wer ready

cheesewiz189

Smash Rookie
ha my cousin works at gamestop so mt plan is

1. go to sleep

2. go to school

3. go home to see my cousin in the front with my copy of brawl.

4. play

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
For high profile games like SSBB, they usually ship before the date and force stores not to sell until a certain date.

Theres your answer Jiangjunizzy. They do this with alot of game actually. Like I said some even have theres up before the actual release date (K-Mart:Mass Effect/Toys-R-Us: Bioshock)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, Ill probably go to Gamestop at 11:30 P.M. on Feb 9th, assuming theres a midnight release. The Ill drive home, sit down on the my bed, open the case, sniff it, insert the disk, move to the icon with my classic controller, click play, grab my gamecube controller, scream in happiness, cry for a minute, watch the opening movie, smell the box again, browse the menu in awe, play a few matches with Diddy and the PT, play Subspace emissary nonstop, unlock all the characters and stages and see you guys online!

The play online nonstop for the next 2 days.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
ha my cousin works at gamestop so mt plan is

1. go to sleep

2. go to school

3. go home to see my cousin in the front with my copy of brawl.

4. play

Lol the 10th is a sunday, scratch the school part.

edit: Oops double post.

JoseOle92

Smash Apprentice
Theres your answer Jiangjunizzy. They do this with alot of game actually. Like I said some even have theres up before the actual release date (K-Mart:Mass Effect/Toys-R-Us: Bioshock)
like they're selling it before the release date?

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
feb 10th midnight i will run to gamestop at C.Falcon speed and falcon punch any body who is in front of me on line even though i reserved it out of pure excitement. then after i get home play brawl NONSTOP 4 like 2 days.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
like they're selling it before the release date?

yes I bought Mass Effect about 3 days before the game came out. The Game had a very bright orange sticker on the top that said " DO NOT SELL BE ??/??/????"(forgot the date). They never noticed it, the guy who sold it to me said that he loved the game and had already beaten it. The poor guy didn't even know that he was lucky xD

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
On Feb. 10th?

I'll be pissed because when you reserve from Gamestop you get the game a day late...
Au contraire my friend actually my gamestop said the 7TH SO HOPEFULLY ill be able to get it then but if not hten definitely the 10th i never heard of gamestop releasing games later than the release date.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
WEll find a low down store that still gets video games on time. In my case it was the K-mart that gets no business due to Wal-mart. I can't promise that anyone at all will do it. I really doubt that my K-Mart will do it again, I will ask them though.

Well good luck!

luckycharmstrixme12

Smash Apprentice
How do you know if they are going to do a midnight release?
EDIT: And to FrogButler why would you get the game a day later if you reserved it from gamestop?

JoseOle92

Smash Apprentice
WEll find a low down store that still gets video games on time. In my case it was the K-mart that gets no business due to Wal-mart. I can't promise that anyone at all will do it. I really doubt that my K-Mart will do it again, I will ask them though.

Well good luck!
hmm well i'll try it still
so i'll try like 10/7? 3 days before the release? or is that too much?

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
ITs a possibility i just don't know exactly when they are shipping the game to retailers, anytime after that would be when you need to start hunting for it.

SmashBrosManiac

Smash Cadet
Not going to be a midnight release (EBgames @ mall)

- Wake up a few hours before the store opens, rush to the mall (bringing my friend)
- Buy game
- Freak out
- Get home and play for 3 days straight

Does anyone know if I can still get my preorder after I lost the receipt? (I think my dog might have ripped it apart) Can I just give them my number/name?

BlublacMH

Smash Apprentice
Here's my plan:
*I go to church on Sundays so there first
*Then (around 1 or 2 PM) go out to Gamestop & pick up Brawl
*Nestle Brawl into its seat belt and go pick up my best friend
*Break several speeding laws and run several red lights on the way home
*Once home, Gently insert Brawl into the Wii and boot it up.
*Watch the intro movie and check out menus
*Try out Peach, Link, Pit, and all the other defaults in VS mode
*Co-op SE, then take my friend back
* #4 again, then continue SE & events (maybe even classic here and there) to unlock all characters
*Play two days straight (Not going to school Monday, being a high school senior has perks)
*(Weeks later) Return to the Internet and begin predicting for SSB4

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I'm hosting my own party at my home. Gonna have my brother, his girlfriend, co-workers, old friends, and any friends they want to bring. With soda and Gamecube controllers and Numchucks, we're gonna have fun!

Because Brawl was meant to be played with others, even those that have never played Smash Bros.! I'm sure the pity Smashes will come into play. ;)

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Not going to be a midnight release (EBgames @ mall)

- Wake up a few hours before the store opens, rush to the mall (bringing my friend)
- Buy game
- Freak out
- Get home and play for 3 days straight

Does anyone know if I can still get my preorder after I lost the receipt? (I think my dog might have ripped it apart) Can I just give them my number/name?
They should still have you in the system. Especially if you go to the same store. I certainly hope so anyways, as I preordered mine the first day it was available for such. I was also the first one in the store after it opened to do so. I can't find my receipt anywhere though. >_<

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Darkfur...your sig has one my favorite sig of all-time award (b' ')b APPROVED d(' 'd)
Redwall is the best book series ever, I've read them all like 3 times through...anyways

I realized a major flaw in my plan, I somehow need to get enough money to buy loads of Munchies and Sobe.
I'll be going in for the long haul here people, we should have a contest to see who stays up the longest by posting in a certain topic once every hour, like have 10 contestants. and the winner gets a Brawl Obsessed user title

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
My plan for feb 10:

Nothing, i'm away on the east coast, I have to wait 'till late april to play... :(

Burz

Smash Rookie
I'm going to be brooding under a bridge like a troll, mumbling about you Americans who actually know when they'll be getting the game...But when it's released over here in the UK, me and my friends are all heading to a store together, buying the game and then going back to someone's house for a Super Smash Brothers Brawl orgy. And then the real orgy. Then I'll go home and play SSE Co-op online with my friends. Then...who knows?

Allin

Smash Journeyman
My plan is as follows

Feb. 9
3:00-7pm Friends Come over we saw our farewells to SSBM by playing it one last time
6:00-12:00-A Toruny for SSBM
12:00-Pick up 2 copies of brawl, head home play all night

Feb.10
2:00pm- Friends head home, i play SSE with my next door neighbor
6:00- Unlock every char. in some way before the week ends :D

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I already prepaid in full for brawl at my local gamestop in our mall.
I have no clue if they will midnight launch or not but I will call to find out before hand.
If they do a midnight launch, I will drive there an hour early or so and wait if there is a line.
Then get it as soon as possible running past anyone that gets in my way to the car.
Drive home the quickest way without breaking any laws... Wouldn't want to get a ticket or go to jail on that night. LOL
Get in my driveway, turn the car off, lock it, get out with my game, unlock my door, and go inside my house.
Take the package off of brawl and remove the disc in all of it's glory and turn my wii on, then turn on my 2006 model 52 inch HDTV. God I love that TV ^^
Select the brawl icon on my wii channels and start the game, then watch the intro.
Go to options and make sure everything is set right like widescreen ect.
I will then play afew rounds with my friends if they are with me that night which I know my pal Kira (Sheik/Fox user) probably will but my rival DJ FaZe (Samus user) might be busy working that night if he doesn't use afew sick days.
I will pick Link first and pwn with afew brawl friendlys then play afew other chars then check out the extras and minigames ect.
After that, I'll play classic or SE co-op if able and unlock everything I can.
After unlocking enough I might try afew online matches and see if I can get some of you guys on the forums to play me.
Then I'll finish unlocking everything. I hope everyone will enjoy brawl as much as I am going too. ;)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
ITs a possibility i just don't know exactly when they are shipping the game to retailers, anytime after that would be when you need to start hunting for it.
I think there shiping the 7th of feb

krynny

Smash Cadet
On Feb. 10th?

seriously? ****, i pre-ordered at GameStop. lucky i only put $5 down.

ok, some changes to my original plan are:

i think the first thing i would do is a few basic brawls, just to see how the gameplay is. then its straight off to SSE to unlock a ton of chars and play through the story.

Also, many of my friends have bought games a few days before their release dates from UPS/DHL drivers. If i am lucky enough to find one, i will certainly spend the cash to get the game a few days before the 10th.

Top Bottom