• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

February 10th, 2008. A magical starsign.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I'm going to EforAll, I knew it'd be worth it! (I signed up for it then day is was announced.)

Ill be playing as Meta-Knight because of the lack of Lucas (In the demo)
My friend will be playing as Pit and my other as Sonic. With the tournaments there, I hope I do well. (Im pretty good but its with new controls and I have never been to any competitive Smash events.

Ill try to take pictures and videos, but we may not be allowed too, please keep that in mind.:ohwell:

Ill have details though.
you suck...........*cries*

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I'm going to EforAll, I knew it'd be worth it! (I signed up for it then day is was announced.)

Ill be playing as Meta-Knight because of the lack of Lucas (In the demo)
My friend will be playing as Pit and my other as Sonic. With the tournaments there, I hope I do well. (Im pretty good but its with new controls and I have never been to any competitive Smash events.

Ill try to take pictures and videos, but we may not be allowed too, please keep that in mind.:ohwell:

Ill have details though.
tell me where you are going to post it. I want it to be a surprise for me.

smashking27

Smash Rookie
Not Friggin Fair

why cant it be all over the U.S. (not in Alasaka because its tooooo cold no offense) they can travel to state each week

Frogla

Smash Ace
well in retrospect i see that i want be po'd if the following happen

around 40 charachters
Nice Online Mode which allows a Rival Feature

If i get the game and see this i wont be mad for the wait. So this is my stand

krynny

Smash Cadet
so next week Thursday is the playable demo. i wonder if the update for the following friday will be any videos of ppl playing from thursday. doesnt Ken live in CA? maybe he can show up and tear everyone apart. and i dont remember who said it back on the first page, but does this mean we get even more daily updates? is that a good thing or bad thing?

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
We should have expected this, now that I think about it. I just hope it doesn't pull a Twiglight princess. Well, I guess it CAN'T be that bad, can it?

"Bad news everyone, we had to postpone it again. Good news too though, expect it to be the number one game on the Wii AND the eighth generation Nintendo console!"

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
o that was me i said that lol nd ya i think so i mean i always figured that at the rate we were goin the updates were def gon exceed december 3rd so i think it will but that means less often charachter updates 2 tho

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
so next week Thursday is the playable demo. i wonder if the update for the following friday will be any videos of ppl playing from thursday. doesnt Ken live in CA? maybe he can show up and tear everyone apart. and i dont remember who said it back on the first page, but does this mean we get even more daily updates? is that a good thing or bad thing?
With different game mechanics, new characters, new physics, new moves, EVERYTHING about brawl, I'm not sure how familiar people will be jumping into it.

Sure, people who play the game will be familiar with it, but it will take getting used to. Plus a lot of the people I saw playing in videos were using classic controllers, a controller none of us are used to playing Melee.

Things will handle differently and will take some getting used to, but I don't think any one of us could go into brawl and play it as well as we could melee, at least at the present time.

And yea, we probably will get more updates because of the two month pushback. I find it very unlikely for December to hit and the site says "Welp, we're outta stuff. Enjoy the next two months of blank goodness while you go insane from lack of news, info, and a game."

Expect the prolonging of the updates for sure.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Why is it amercia and japn always get exact dates when the gamees being released but europe get a date that will keep us lot guessing

Darkurai

Smash Master
Why is it amercia and japn always get exact dates when the gamees being released but europe get a date that will keep us lot guessing
We all know how long it takes to translate American to English.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
I KNEW IT I KNEW IT i told you that brawl's release date would be pushed back
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
:mad::urg::cry::demon::eek::crying::crazy::grrr:
BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT'S TRUE

ragda

Smash Rookie
Wii Demo of Brawl?

Apparently someone has posted up some VIDEOS of it, go to this link, and watch it. It looks like the demo, and they show character entrances, how the smash ball is used, and others. This one is between Samus and Mario on Battlefield. THere are other vids, like Sonic and Link, and you can see Sonic's Final Smash!!! Also, sudden death between Sonic and Meta Knight, Diddy's Final Smash in action, Fire Emblem Stage, Yoshi's Island, etc. So go to this link now!!! Unless you've seen these already...

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/15373

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The moved release date gives the Nintendo company more time to make changes to the actual game. The demo is basically a beta version of the actual game. Anything on the demo could be removed if Smashbros.com hasn't confirmed it.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Though I have no special connection with Feb 10th, and I am upset that the game is delayed, I try to think of it this way. February is right after my exams (no brawl to distract my studying) and there'll be more imporvements upon the game...

There will be improvements right?

They're not just saying "Improvements" just because they've begun to slack off and couldn't make the deadline.... right? RIGHT?!?!?!

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
i loved the videos thank you so much
and i loved yoshi's stage
and my fav part when peach used the hammer on meta night

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Two days before my B-day!!!!

Now I suddenly have an idea of what to ask for my bday....
You are waiting two days?!?!

With all this pushing back, me waiting till december third all the time, it seems like this is a huge pushback, although it is not that bad at all. But I can still see myself camping out for this game, as well as unlocking everything before you get the game.

No hard feelings?

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
All i can say is this gives the game more time to get better so lets hope it does. ^^(If thats Possible)

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
quote- Wii Demo of Brawl?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently someone has posted up some VIDEOS of it, go to this link, and watch it. It looks like the demo, and they show character entrances, how the smash ball is used, and others. This one is between Samus and Mario on Battlefield. THere are other vids, like Sonic and Link, and you can see Sonic's Final Smash!!! Also, sudden death between Sonic and Meta Knight, Diddy's Final Smash in action, Fire Emblem Stage, Yoshi's Island, etc. So go to this link now!!! Unless you've seen these already...

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/15373 -Quote

OMFG i learned so much **** u learn well a rediculous amount u c dk grab sonic out of mid air nd now we know wats at the bottom of castle seige omg so much info crazy yo

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
i downloaded all the videos today
but thier is one thing for sure my first match will be with Meta knight i will
use a FS on him:laugh:

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Troubling news at first, but I'm over it. More modes, characters, stages, hopefully glitches being weeded out, and above all else...A more expansive online interface. Think about this. The other day, the use of a keyboard was made possible for the Internet Channel. How much work would it take to move that driver into the game disk so you can a usable have a chat window going between matches? Not too likely it they had it out on the third, in which case people would complain for YEARS about it.

Six years later, people are still complaining about broken modes in Melee and clunkiness in general. Two months of waiting can save us years of complaining.

Finally, if they keep up the character update pattern...Eighteen possible character confirms before launch. That's six more than the original game even had. On top of the other general updates, it'll be pretty tough NOT to know everything by the time it comes out. Picture how crowded the Dojo roster is going to get.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Before the delay, my calculations put it into the forty count. Now?

...'Under Fifty' may no longer apply.

Maybe there should be a demo for the Wii shop. I'm sure loyal smashers would pay $20-30 for a smash demo. They could also package a demo of Smash with Super Mario Galaxy.;):grin::)

Can you change that clock to your background, Knyaguy?

Top Bottom