• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 28, 2015] Scenic City Smash III: The Stratosphere (SSBM, SSBU,... (Chattanooga, Tennessee)

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Doors open at 10:00 am. Feel free to come anytime after that to warm up.
Jaymes Stanley will be doing a devotion at 11:30am.
Melee Doubles will start at 12:00 PM
Melee Singles will start at 1:00 PM
Smash 4 Wii U Doubles will start at 2:00 PM
Smash 4 Wii U Singles Will Start at 3:00 PM
Project M Doubles will start at 5:00 PM
Project M Singles will start at 6:00 PM

Melee Doubles:
Entry Fee: $10.00 ($5.00 per person)
Payout: 60%/30%/10% (Split Between Two People)

Melee Singles:
Entry Fee: $5.00
Payout: 60%/30%/10%

Smash 4 (Wii U) Doubles:

Smash 4 (Wii U) Singles:

Project M Doubles:

Project M Singles:

Melee Ruleset:

- 4 stock, 8 minutes.

- Sets are best of 3. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of 5.

- Items set to “off” and “none.”

- Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

- Wobbling is legal.Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed.

- Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

- Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.

- Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the person who pauses the game.

- If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

- Coaching: Coaching is allowed but only 1 person per player/team. No extra people crowding up where the players are playing.

- Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

- Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage.

- For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 1 stage (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Melee Doubles Rules:

- Team Attack: ON

- Life Stealing is allowed

- If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

- Stage List
Starters:
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:
Pokémon Stadium

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash 4 (Wii U) Ruleset:

- 2 stock, 5 minutes

- Sets are best of 3. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of 5.

- All Equipment is banned.

- Custom Moves are banned

- Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

- Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

- Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

- Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.

- Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the person who pauses the game.

- If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

- Coaching: Coaching is allowed but only 1 person per player/team. No extra people crowding up where the players are playing.

- Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage.

- For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 1 stage (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

- Banning Final Destination also bans all Omega stages.

- Stage List
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Lylat
Town & City
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Project M Ruleset:

- 4 stock, 8 minutes.

- For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.

- Buffer set to off.

- Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

- Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.

- If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQ'ed without refund and banned from future events.

- In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQ'ed at the TO’s discretion.

- For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

- Stage List
Neutrals:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Smashville
Dream Land

Counterpicks:
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
WarioWare
Final Destination
Norfair

roadkillrambo

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't be able to bring a TV, but I could bring a Wii for melee and project m if I come. Me coming depends and my idiot friends. How big a turnout are you expecting?

TheSteelScizor

Smash Rookie
NNID
thesteelscizor
3DS FC
0662-5882-3084
Dude I just heard about this at my school today and i gotta say I'm really excited, im gonna bring myself and probably 8 or 9 of my friends including my brothers. So be ready ;)

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Huntsville is planning to show up with hopefully more people than we brought to the last one. Are you guys planning to stream any of the events?

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Oh alright. What channel are you going to stream to if there is one?

Last edited:

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
If you guys don't have one, I could see about Huntsville bringing our setup to stream. We're looking to start doing more events other than our monthlies/smashfests soon. If not no worries, but drop me a PM if that'd be helpful.

Mr. Odd

Smash Cadet
I'm from Johnson University, and I may be able to get a group of us to come down. I don't know if we would be able to bring any set-ups, but is there anything else we could help with?

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Hope I can make it, but I have to get my P:M game back!

If there is a stream, I'll play my best :D
ALSO
Any palutena players there, please find me/contact me on skype, I'll be in a striped jacket and blue jeans if I'm there :D

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
@ Host Change Host Change Who all you bringing? Will be cool to see some of you again after KiT.

Memphis is coming. Bringing MDDGT and Tatsumaki, possibly Thrillerman. Talon and JetA cannot make it sadly.

Last edited:

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
@ Host Change Host Change Who all you bringing? Will be cool to see some of you again after KiT.

Memphis is coming. Bringing MDDGT and Tatsumaki, possibly Thrillerman. Talon and JetA cannot make it sadly.
I'm unfortunately not going now because they wouldn't give me the day off work. :( I think Huntsville may still go to this though.

avoid324423

Smash Rookie
Hey does anyone have Epi's contact info, or Friday Night Fights? Meant to get his number before I left from Scenic to play GG.

Top Bottom