• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 28, 2015] Cusetown Beatdown - Melee/PM/S4 (Syracuse, NY)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Cloud City Comics and Toys
Shoppingtown Mall
3649 Erie Blvd E, Syracuse, NY 13214

10:00AM Doors Open Registration and Free Play
11:30AM Events Begin

Venue= $10 or $5 w/setup (TV+System/Game)
Singles entry for each game = $5
Doubles entry for each game = $5 per player (10 per team)

SINGLES PAYOUTS
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

DOUBLES PAYOUTS
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Syracuse Smash Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/syracusesmash/

Event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/447316818753212/

RULES FOR MELEE / PROJECT M:
General Gameplay

- 4 stock
- 7 minute timer
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- Controller ports will be decided by players or RPS. Neutral start can be elected.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller)
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match.
- Stalling is banned.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game.
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it.
- Coaching mid-match is banned.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick unless agreed.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
- ALL sets are best 2 of 3 games, INCLUDING the finals.

Set Procedure:

1. Character selection
2. Stage strike 1-2-1 (1-2-2-1 for PM)
3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces ban stage (2 bans for PM) for the set
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.

Tie Breaking:

Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.
1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent.
2. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the game. If there is a tie in this match, repeat.

Conduct Rules:

- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- TTL Rule: You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. Do not try to call me in advance to hold the bracket.

Melee ONLY rules:

- 1 stage ban

- Starter Stages:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land 64

- Counterpick stages
Pokemon Stadium

PM ONLY rules:

- 2 bans instead of 1 ban for stages

- Starter Stages
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
RULES FOR SMASH 4 WII U:
General Gameplay
-2 stock
-6 minute timer
-Custom Fighters Off
-No Mii Fighters
-Items Off
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- Controller ports will be decided by players or RPS. Neutral start can be elected.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller)
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match.
- Stalling is banned.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game.
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it.
- Coaching mid-match is banned.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick unless agreed.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
- ALL sets are best 2 of 3 games, INCLUDING the finals.

Set Procedure:
1. Character selection
2. Stage strike 1-1
3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces 2 stage bans for the set
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.

- Starter Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

- Counterpick stages
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd
KJ64 (doubles only)
Lylat Cruise
Town & City
Omega Stages* (are ALL treated as FD, if FD is banned, all are banned)

Smash 4 specific clauses:
- SelfDestruct Moves: If a match ends with the successful use of a character’s selfdestruct move, the player that initiated the self destruct move wins the match regardless of what the results screen states. Selfdestruct moves include only Ganondorf’s SideB, King Dedede’s NeutralB, Wario’s NeutralB, and Kirby’s NeutralB.
- Team Colors: Players’ character colors must match their team's color when possible, to avoid confusion (ex: Luigi on the green team must use the green costume).
- Alternate Controllers: The Wii U Gamepad is banned from use as a controller. All other controllers are acceptable for this event

Last edited:

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
I don't know about best of 3 for finals, man. I'm not gonna get there anyways, but I really think in the interest of fairness it should be Best of 5.

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
I don't know about best of 3 for finals, man. I'm not gonna get there anyways, but I really think in the interest of fairness it should be Best of 5.
It's a time issue due to both singles and doubles being ran for 3 events in not the biggest space, with a limitiing amount of setups.

The plan is do as many best of 5s as times allows, but don't plan on it.

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
For set procedure, you say 3 bans for PM. Then under PM ONLY rules, you say 2 bans. Which one?
Are you going to release a .zip that those bringing a PM setup should use?
Is there going to be a local burn ward for my opponents?

@Omnireader

-Air-

Smash Rookie
Gah, I wish this wasn't on the day of my college's dinky little tournament.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
I really want to attend this since I love PM. But it's one week after Winter Brawl!!! Ahhhh. We shall see.

Can we pre-register for this? My brother gets out of work at 10:00AM Saturday, so we couldn't be there until 11:30 or Noon. But I'd love to compete.

Last edited:

KillJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
K0maeda
3DS FC
0361-6214-0350
I really want to attend this since I love PM. But it's one week after Winter Brawl!!! Ahhhh. We shall see.

Can we pre-register for this? My brother gets out of work at 10:00AM Saturday, so we couldn't be there until 11:30 or Noon. But I'd love to compete.
If you can get out by 11:30, I'm certain we can get you guys in the bracket. Are you interested in just PM or Melee/Sm4sh as well?

Want me to make a good one?
Might be a good idea. You'd probably be about to figure out the SSS better than I could. I had the stages all over the place.

Last edited:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Copy paste from facebook so the formatting may be odd:

IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING SETUPS !! This event is shaping up to be record setting for Upstate NY, truly incredible that we'll be hosting several matches of The Melee Games along with singles and doubles of Melee, PM, and Smash 4! The only way it's possible is through each and every one of us in the community. Please bring setups for venue fee reduction! Here is what have and what we need most:

WHAT WE NEED:
-Absolute most importantly is CRT TV's!!
-Capable flat screens
-Wii U/Adapters (bring extra adapters if you have them!)
-Wii's w/ PM

WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE:
18 Wii's (melee)
16 gamecube (melee)
12 Wii's (PM)
3 Wii U + 2 Wii U controller adapters
4 flat screen monitors
6 CRT Tv's
4 streaming/recording setups!! (thanks Austin Buckalew, Shawn Taylor,Jay Bickford, Pastime Legends Smash Bros. Team!)

GIGANTIC thanks to the Pastime Legends crew Joseph A. Pirro Mike Sutton Adam LeClair and whomever else is coming with them, they are providing a majority of the setups and helping our starting position immensely.

So we are already in good shape, but help yourselves help the event and bring a setup! Please post here what you're able to commit to bring so we can better estimate and plan the events. Thanks everyone, only a couple days away smile emoticon

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Not sure if I want to go if the character I use is banned.. (mii fighter)

Last edited:

Just A Leek

Smash Rookie
Same here, 1st tournament ever. Lost all my competition matches, but got alot of good experience from them and all the friendlys I played as well. Hoping to get more stuff like this up where I'm at so we don't have to drive 5 hours hahaha.

Top Bottom