• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 21, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazier 8" Tournament (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

Sadface

Smash Apprentice
Super fun tournament, I love that all the setups were provided, never been to one that had that luxury. Raffles are always fun, and I liked the idea of the falcon tournament, wish it was melee/pm tho not 64 oh well.

All the people were super nice and it was run more efficiently than most tournaments I've been to that had 3 games in one day. Would love to come to the next one.

Shoutouts to me choosing falcon vs archer game 1 lol big mistake.
GG's foo super close games, would love to experiment more in the neutral game.
GG's to Fantastic kid, falcon is a fun MU.
Shoutouts to me 4 stocking Kai's Sonic with 1 move lolol. Diddy was hard tho :p

Had a fun time, glad to see some familiar faces.

-JELLY

Last edited:

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
It was fun, but players seem to segregate themselves based on skill level. I don't see the top players talking much with others outside their circle. It'd be nice if that were less the case, but oh well. I still had a ton of fun. Meeting new people, crazy 8 player smash as always, such a blast.

Some of those sets were just too hype, haha!

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
It was fun, but players seem to segregate themselves based on skill level. I don't see the top players talking much with others outside their circle. It'd be nice if that were less the case, but oh well. I still had a ton of fun. Meeting new people, crazy 8 player smash as always, such a blast.

Some of those sets were just too hype, haha!
It's just because those are the people they have known for a while, just branch out to them, and you can meet them, everyone is really nice at nc events.

Last edited:

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Ok my brother accidentally gave our controller to Mrs. Michelle?/squid king (forgive me if i'm wrong) but if either of you have it could we arrange a way to get it back? Send me a private message if you can! Thanks!

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
In friendlies it was back and forth but he practiced his *** off while I did not. Good matches for him
Honestly I barely practiced since you called me out. The last two weeks have been really hectic, I'm surprised I've done as well as I've been doing (outplacing/beating Karma, etc.).

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Shoutouts to @Nevermind for improving a lot on learning the Sheik matchup. I know she's a really frustrating character, and I'm really sorry about how our match ended, but you are definitely giving me trouble, trust me. If I don't work on Sheik v Ganon as much as you do, you are definitely going to beat me soon. I'm glad I got to play you in a really high-pressure situation, since I already got that chance vs your sister at the last Mute City.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Honestly I barely practiced since you called me out. The last two weeks have been really hectic, I'm surprised I've done as well as I've been doing (outplacing/beating Karma, etc.).
The point is you knew your **** while I did not. I am looking foward to meeting you in bracket at another tourney for redemption.

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Check out the results on the first page of this thread! Check out the pictures of the top winners too!!

archer.

Smash Lord
There were a lot of matches on the recording set-up at the last tournament that never got uploaded. What happened to them?

Top Bottom