• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Features you would like to have added?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Thanks, dude! :p

Also, on the note of the previous post, I think I'd rather have fewer unlockables than Brawl. An argument could be made that more unlockables means more to do, but Brawl had so many that unlocking them felt like doing nothing. Especially so on account of them just being random drops rather than specific challenges. That's just me, though.
i think a more fun/challenging way to unlock stuff is n order tons of unlockables is nothing but goodness.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Alternate costumes (real ones).
Animated trophies with sounds.
All-Star mode to be cut, replaced with an Arcade mode composed by 5 matches, cutscenes at the beginning and the end in the graphic style of the game they represent.
Modified victory poses based on the match. Example Mario Vs Bowser ends with Mario throwing Bowser off the screen like he did in Mario 64. Mario & Peach Vs any end with Peach giving Mario a kiss, and so on.

@Mr.C: great series Justified. Season 4 had an awesome ending.
Great, except Uprising taught me that animated trophies are horrible.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think that they need to make the cast less diverse from charecter to character when it comes to play style such as meta knight at an extreme of speed and Ike in extreme of slow.this woul in my opinion get rid of the unbalanced cast such as ness.ganon.and browser in the bottom and marth falco.meta knight at the top.every would be more equal in potintial.
AMEN !!!! Ow sorry..that wasent a prayer?

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
3 things that are a must for me to even consider getting this (all 3 were in melee and not brawl)

1. Stats for user names. Why they took this out of brawl is beyond me. I don't care how many times Mario beat Link, I want to see how many times "Jay" beat "Marc" I feel like removing this in Brawl took out a ton of replayability.
2. More stages that don't do damage. I felt like I spent most of my time in brawl dodging things flying at me from the stage instead of fighting my opponent.
3. No tripping or any other random mario party type things.

That's it. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
3 things that are a must for me to even consider getting this (all 3 were in melee and not brawl)

1. Stats for user names. Why they took this out of brawl is beyond me. I don't care how many times Mario beat Link, I want to see how many times "Jay" beat "Marc" I feel like removing this in Brawl took out a ton of replayability.
2. More stages that don't do damage. I felt like I spent most of my time in brawl dodging things flying at me from the stage instead of fighting my opponent.
3. No tripping or any other random mario party type things.

That's it. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
Everything has a price unfortuntly....

Signia

Smash Lord
Special non-invincible but vulnerable ground movement that keeps you in neutral and also works out of shield to replace wavedashing.

A way to instantly land on one-way platforms when you jump through them from below to replace wavelanding (hold down or some button as you go through them?).

Record feature for the training dummy, hitbox display. This will never happen though :(

Mkan

Smash Rookie
NNID
AssertivePenguin
3DS FC
2535-3815-4887
The stage builder mode from brawl was a neat idea, but it ended up being pretty lame due to the limited amount of objects you could place into the stages. The objects that you could put into your stages were pretty dull as well. They should definitely expand on the stage creation, it could be a lot of fun to build more intricate stages. Probably asking for way too much here, but it would be really awesome if it was on par of the stage creation tools of a game like LittleBigPlanet. That part tis' only a dream, but really any significant improvements to the stage builder would be appreciated by me. It would also be neat to be able to import MP3s into the game, so you could have any song you want be playing on any stage.

Also actually good online

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Probably asking for way too much here
Nope! If Namco putted in the stage builder the same effort they putted in the character costumization of Tekken Tag 2 it would be more than possible.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I guess the stage editor this time would be a lot better. For the character customization I don't know, I would rather have 3/4 alternate costumes for everyone, which make sense obviously.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Like King Dedede is able to throw capsules with smashballs/MrSaturn with his side B and Peach sometimes get a Bombombs/Lightsaber with her down B, I want more charas to have such skills with very low itemget chance.

Oh and Zombies&Gumbas should appear in crates again like in Melee.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Defo your last
Like King Dedede is able to throw capsules with smashballs/MrSaturn with his side B and Peach sometimes get a Bombombs/Lightsaber with her down B, I want more charas to have such skills with very low itemget chance.

Oh and Zombies&Gumbas should appear in crates again like in Melee.
defo your last request.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
About stickers, I'd like to have the possibility to rotate and even shrink them (at cost of have their effect reduced).
Other than that I'd like them to be more effective and have more various effect (you can see enemies damage, bosses weakpoints and secret locations are pinted out, damage slowly autocures, taking damage turns all your attacks stronger..).
Ultimate, more discrimination among trophies and stickers. I don't know you but it bothers me to see stickers of nice 3D models and trophies of 2D figures,
Also, this time I'd like to see the pixellated assist trophies in 3D like the Super Mario Bros. series objects in Animal Crossing Let's Go To The City.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I don't see this idea ever getting a chance of happening but it would be a right decision if they added a one on one battle mode where you could only play as bosses that would be too big and overpowered to fit in regular matches.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't see this idea ever getting a chance of happening but it would be a right decision if they added a one on one battle mode where you could only play as bosses that would be too big and overpowered to fit in regular matches.
Lol, sounds ridiculous but fun.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would like the ONLINE WAITING ROOM to be, basically, a Practice Mode.

So I can PRACTICE while I wait. TMNT Smash Up did this to an extent, when you fought your own clone.

OR, go the SSFIV way where you can even go into single player mode with Challenges being open for anyone while you play!

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I would like the ONLINE WAITING ROOM to be, basically, a Practice Mode.

So I can PRACTICE while I wait. TMNT Smash Up did this to an extent, when you fought your own clone.

OR, go the SSFIV way where you can even go into single player mode with Challenges being open for anyone while you play!
I've given up on using the "Battle with anyone" feature due to the abundant amount of time it requires to find a match up ... I'd usually battle friends only over wifi.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
First of all, I hope they restore the watered down mess that was the single-player mode in Brawl. It seems like the focus was put all on SSE, because if you look at the other single-player modes they all reverted back to the SSB days - no, actually worse than the SSB days. For example, stages were repeated in the modes, like you'd fight a giant twice in a single play through a mode. All of the modes felt watered down, though, that's just one example.

I don't want another SSE. I appreciate that Sakurai was trying to do something different, but I really preferred the Adventure mode of Melee, and would prefer to see an even better version in SSB4, taking you through all of the worlds of the characters added in the game.

Alternate costumes, like they did with Wario in Brawl. Mario should have Dr. Mario as an alternative costume, Pikachu could have Pichu and Raichu as alternative costumes, Pokemon Trainer could have alternative costumes (at the very least add Leaf, the FR/LG female trainer that you could choose instead of Red) Isaac could have Matthew and Felix as an alternative costume, Marth should have Roy and *another character* as an alternative costume, etc. I guess it all really depends on what extent the alternative costumes could be taken to.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know that Chronicle thing in Brawl that showed the dates (or just years) of the Nintendo games being released? I personally wouldn't mind seeing an expanded version of this that not only keeps all of the Chronicle stuff that Brawl had, but also keeps us up to date, so pretty much knowing all the games that came about before Smash4. While it's probably one of those things no one cares about, but it doesn't hurt to brush up on Nintendo history now and then. There were many games (and even systems) back then that I didn't even know existed.

Top Bottom