• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Features you would like to have added?

Angiance

Smash Lord
Not sure. I know that it both characters are basically dying, then we shouldn't have a winner because on character goes off the screen faster than another. For example sometimes in Smash you get the slow death where the character flies backwards and takes a couple of minutes to dissappear. I have seen both characters do it before and one hit a milisecond before the other and was declared a winner. I think there should be a double fault and go to sudden death in that case.
...........no

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Not sure. I know that it both characters are basically dying, then we shouldn't have a winner because on character goes off the screen faster than another. For example sometimes in Smash you get the slow death where the character flies backwards and takes a couple of minutes to dissappear. I have seen both characters do it before and one hit a milisecond before the other and was declared a winner. I think there should be a double fault and go to sudden death in that case.
To be fair, "fastness" in falling, since it's a consequence of weight, it's a fair stat.
If you pick Bowser, you pick him for his strength but you know that he falls faster than Fox. If you take that out, then it's like Fox and Bowser have the same weight, and so Bowser doesn't have weight as a weakness.

It's different when the character falls in the sky and takes 3 seconds more to die. The animation is fun but the time of death should be considered the moment he's off the screen, I can agree with that. Even though it's brilliantly fun to win while flying in the sky, sometimes it happens and it's always reason to some good laugh.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Vintage, I was talking about the last comment. To be honest, it rarely occurs in PvP matches and I have never had that issue in a PvP. I like to play tournament style play with the AI sometimes and I will pit AI vs. AI matches and that is were this problem really cares because I feel like there are matches were a character wins unfairly.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Imo...it pretty much comes down to if Sakurai wants to Make Sm4sh more like a fair actual fighting game instead of a giant fighting mario party mini game...
Depends on if it evolves or stays the same...dunno...

mas_torque

Smash Apprentice
Imo...it pretty much comes down to if Sakurai wants to Make Sm4sh more like a fair actual fighting game instead of a giant fighting mario party mini game...
hopefully he doesn't try to alienate competitive players again. he wouldn't even need to bring everything back from melee, just enough to make movement more dynamic and technical skills have some reward but not so much that it creates enormous skill gaps among players

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Not even classic fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Tekken are "fair". It's just impossible unless we have a roster of 6 perfectly balanced characters (better if we have only one moveset though) and only Final Destination as a stage. Without items, obviously. MAYBE then the game will be "fair".
Sakurai has to worry for characters that simply suck like Ganondorf or Link, and for the gameplay style itself, it's just a question of taste.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Nothing in life is truely fair, even sporting events like the Super Bowl, World Cup, and World Series that involve Millions perhaps Billions of dollars come down sometimes to bad calls, random bounces of the ball, etc.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Brawl was just sooo..slow clunky/chunky movement i hate it sooo much...man movement is probly tge most important thing its a reason why CoD is so popular and its something i love about gears of war.

The game shouldnt restrict peepz and limit there potential..it does nothing but dumb down the game..if you care to practice enough and learn your char & the games mechanics you should be able to reach the Sky = Melee.

It is so inportant i can not even begin to tell you guys..first thing ima do when i get hold of Sm4sh is too test this.

See how quick i can jump/land lag on moves time to start and end dash various things.

Smooth fluent movement is bliss.

In Brawl they just thought they could make the game look more tough more buffed but they way it ''FELT'' was awfull..stupid annoying stuff like after chars Up (B)
Bowser would bounce..
Dk would fall on his ass
Mario fall on his bsck...

Man..hate that soo much Brawl is volleyball/table tennis..hit run hit repeat..no combos no flow..sorry had to vent it...

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
I posted these ideas in the Neoseeker forums.
-Customizable moves. For example, if you are customizing Fox, you can choose to give him moves from either his movelist, Falco's, or Wolf's. Yes, I do think that certain "clones" should share slots with base characters by being costumes for said characters, but still have their movelist available.
-Custom colors
-The ability to change stages from being dynamic and hazardous to static and balanced. An example: Warioware in Brawl is what I would consider a "dynamic" stage. It would be cool if you could make the stage "static". By doing so, the stage wouldn't change into the minigames; it would remain as the starting platforms for the entire match. The point of this is obviously to expand the list of tourney stages.
-Playable bosses.
-Percent ceiling mode, where a match plays out regularly. The only difference would be that you could be KO'd when your percentage reaches a certain amount. The amount could either vary from character to character or be determined before a match.
-Tag battle. In Subspace, you could select multiple characters. When one character was KO'd, the other would swap in. It would be cool if this feature was available for regular matches. I understand that this concept has already been used for PokeTrainer, but tag-team combos would be pretty interesting.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
-Customizable moves. For example, if you are customizing Fox, you can choose to give him moves from either his movelist, Falco's, or Wolf's. Yes, I do think that certain "clones" should share slots with base characters by being costumes for said characters, but still have their movelist available.
Agreed with all except this one. I don't see a point in doing this.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
Agreed with all except this one. I don't see a point in doing this.
*Edit, due to posting info twice
Well I think it's a good idea if you want to make room for new characters. One of the main problems people have with clones is that they occupy limited character slots.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Vintage, I was talking about the last comment. To be honest, it rarely occurs in PvP matches and I have never had that issue in a PvP. I like to play tournament style play with the AI sometimes and I will pit AI vs. AI matches and that is were this problem really cares because I feel like there are matches were a character wins unfairly.
With CPUs it's kinda 'eh' but even if it's a millisecond apart in a PvP match... even small percent differences are made from the play of the player, so I see no problem with it.

The issue is when people don't focus on the specifics of a match though and just say 'oh he/she won' and draw from that. Those millisecond finishes mean the playes are probably almost, if not entirely, even-matched and the match should always be looked into with more depth.

What i'd like to see is the removal of random star KO deaths, because they are based on the game rather than player action and thus are very very unfair in that regard.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
-The ability to change stages from being dynamic and hazardous to static and balanced. An example: Warioware in Brawl is what I would consider a "dynamic" stage. It would be cool if you could make the stage "static". By doing so, the stage wouldn't change into the minigames; it would remain as the starting platforms for the entire match. The point of this is obviously to expand the list of tourney stages.
I approve! But it should be worth for every stage in the game.
Also, In the classic mode, stages could be dynamic or static ramdomly, but you are advised at the beginning of the match.

Speaking of another detail, since I'm expecting the loadings will be pretty slow (That's a weakness of the Wii U), besides trophies and stikers, I'd like to unlock a lot of epic artworks that will displayed ramdomly in the loading screens.

volbound1700

Smash Master
With CPUs it's kinda 'eh' but even if it's a millisecond apart in a PvP match... even small percent differences are made from the play of the player, so I see no problem with it.

The issue is when people don't focus on the specifics of a match though and just say 'oh he/she won' and draw from that. Those millisecond finishes mean the playes are probably almost, if not entirely, even-matched and the match should always be looked into with more depth.

What i'd like to see is the removal of random star KO deaths, because they are based on the game rather than player action and thus are very very unfair in that regard.

Luco, I agree with what you said. Yeah, it mostly game up with me when it was AI vs AI because AI doesn't act the same when they fight each other sometimes as when they fight a human. It would affect tournaments I ran at times.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
I approve! But it should be worth for every stage in the game.
Also, In the classic mode, stages could be dynamic or static ramdomly, but you are advised at the beginning of the match.

Speaking of another detail, since I'm expecting the loadings will be pretty slow (That's a weakness of the Wii U), besides trophies and stikers, I'd like to unlock a lot of epic artworks that will displayed ramdomly in the loading screens.
That's a pretty good idea. Who wants to look at stage select anyway?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
What Taichi said, option to disable stage hazards.

Also,
Character Customization!
This feature in Tekken Tag 2 was incredible!
With the staff behind Tekken working on the next Smash I'm sure they will be able to include actual outfits.
At least let us give the characters a custom color palette.
The PS3 version of Tekken Tag 2 allowed you to make decals similar to the ones in Call of Duty that you could slap onto your characters.
In the Wii U version you could draw with the stylus on your character.

The Jack O Lantern face was drawn on the scarf.
The clothing was bought with in game money in the games shop.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
That is probably going to be a thing. If it doesn't affect the characters' movesets, bring it on.
I want some badass things like the different horns for Ogre.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Yes please to customizing your character's appearance. I think this is kind of a no brainer.

One thing I would like to see is a visual lobby system like in Phantasy Star Online. I think it would be both fun and much more approachable than the "list of names" style of lobby that other fighters use, and approachability is a pretty big part of Smash in general.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
With the staff behind Tekken working on the next Smash I'm sure they will be able to include actual outfits.
I prefer they will spend the same skills and energy in the stage builder FIRST!
Then eventually even in the character costumization.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Customization would probably be a little too bizarre imo, I'd rather they just utilized alternate costumes so that it isn't unique only to Wario, in that way we can have Dr. Mario, Fusion Samus, Young Link/Toon Link (from Link,) etc, as long as it's kept the same character.

An improved Stage Builder would be awesome, and let there be an official place where you can share stages.

Fix AIs, when fighting against 3 CPUs in Brawl it automatically becomes a 1v3, it's so obvious that if you try to avoid them they all just rally together to kill you.

And for pete's sake, make us able to turn some characters off when selecting a random character.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Like making your own music on a sequencer. that kind of customizing.:)
Like Mario Paint (more sofisticated, of course)? Yess... It could work. And even rearrange the existing musics you can unlock in the game maybe.
Thinking back, I think a complete costumization of the Mii could be amusing. And I mean a so detailed one (aspect and moves) it could take you a whole day of fun to complete it.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Battle Damage anyone?

I'm not sure how good a texture replacement would express battle damage on an HD console like the Wii U, but small 3D objects like bandaids could be stuck to the characters, or if battle damaged outfits were preloaded before each fight they could be implemented too if the creators went through the trouble of making them. The variable that controls the switch to battle damage could be toggled on/off in the options menu.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Meh, I would like them on some characters, but on others I think they wouldn't work that well. Like Yoshi, what do you do with Yoshi?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
bandaids, bruising maybe?
The problem is that like half of the roster would come up with that. Metaknight has the mask, Link has the shield, but what about Kirby, Yoshi, King Dedede? Some characters could have the clothes ripped off (Peach's skirt? lol) but I don't know. I'm not against it anyway, it's just doesn't seem so important to me.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
It would be incredible if they actually created entirely new character models for when they are injured, I'm just thinking it's limited to altering the textures because of that metaknight screenshot. I am now curious as to what exactly a shelless bowser looks like.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
It would be incredible if they actually created entirely new character models for when they are injured, I'm just thinking it's limited to altering the textures because of that metaknight screenshot. I am now curious as to what exactly a shelless bowser looks like.
Being it part of his moves I dubt It can be brocken at all,

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yes please to customizing your character's appearance. I think this is kind of a no brainer.

One thing I would like to see is a visual lobby system like in Phantasy Star Online. I think it would be both fun and much more approachable than the "list of names" style of lobby that other fighters use, and approachability is a pretty big part of Smash in general.
Just because you mentione that game ''Phantasy Star Online'' instant respect and friendship i love you be my friend hope you have a good life nice beautiful wife god bless you wonderful person.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I have been pondering: It would be a nice thing if this time you can/have to buy/earn the glassbreaking hammers. As long as it's not a easy task, of course.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Just because you mentione that game ''Phantasy Star Online'' instant respect and friendship i love you be my friend hope you have a good life nice beautiful wife god bless you wonderful person.
Thanks, dude! :p

Also, on the note of the previous post, I think I'd rather have fewer unlockables than Brawl. An argument could be made that more unlockables means more to do, but Brawl had so many that unlocking them felt like doing nothing. Especially so on account of them just being random drops rather than specific challenges. That's just me, though.

Top Bottom