• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Features you would like to have added?

SheepHurdurr

Smash Rookie
How would you guys like to see customization as a feature? Like being able to customize what a character wears and customize your own colors.

Mr.C

Smash Master
I would like to see all of the game play features they removed and/or butchered from Melee re-added.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I agree with the guy above me and also keep the record matches thing from brawl but make it better.

Just pretty much like CoD's Theater mode save vids send em to peepz quick quick uploads and sending.

Tourney mode for Online and full or atleast lot more custom rules/options for online.

You know..good stuff...

SheepHurdurr

Smash Rookie
I think they should have a halo-like forge mode where you can edit and share levels and create brand new ones with limitless options. I feel like Brawl had extremely limited stage creation. What did have like 20 different blocks you could choose from?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Alternate costumes (real ones).
Animated trophies with sounds.
All-Star mode to be cut, replaced with an Arcade mode composed by 5 matches, cutscenes at the beginning and the end in the graphic style of the game they represent.
Modified victory poses based on the match. Example Mario Vs Bowser ends with Mario throwing Bowser off the screen like he did in Mario 64. Mario & Peach Vs any end with Peach giving Mario a kiss, and so on.

@Mr.C: great series Justified. Season 4 had an awesome ending.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I like the idea of arcade mode but were would that leave classic mode..really... Also melee lottery mode was cool wayy better than brawls mini cheesy game thing..i fully agree and support.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Customization is interesting, but with such a diverse cast of characters might be hard to pull off, and I mean very hard. I do strongly support it though! Sounds neat!

One thing I want to see that should be simple is the ability to save my freakin' match settings. Why don't we have that yet, for serious?

SheepHurdurr

Smash Rookie
Customization is interesting, but with such a diverse cast of characters might be hard to pull off, and I mean very hard. I do strongly support it though! Sounds neat!

One thing I want to see that should be simple is the ability to save my freakin' match settings. Why don't we have that yet, for serious?
I didnt even think of this. This better happen.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Whenever there are not four Pokemon Trainers playing i'd love to see their places occupied by not playable characters (as spectators) featured in the trophies you gained.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Board the platforms returning would be sweet.
The return of character unique Target Tests
Usernames can be seen in Basic Brawl, and you can friend someone from it as well.
Leaderboards
Outfit customization (more than just different color schemes EXA: Mario costumes could be Dr. Mario or something)

volbound1700

Smash Master
In a match, if both characters are flying off the screen at the same time, send to sudden death even if one dies a second before the other.

Impliment a 3 hit requirement for EACH character to get Smashball. Make it FAIR.

Ability to turn off the capsules.

Kind of small but feeling out the bracket in Tourny mode would be nice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Impliment a 3 hit requirement for EACH character to get Smashball. Make it FAIR.
It already is fair. If you only had to hit the smash ball three times, projectile characters or fast runners like Sonic or Captain Falcon would always get it. Bowser and Ganondorf wouldn't stand a chance.

volbound1700

Smash Master
It already is fair. If you only had to hit the smash ball three times, projectile characters or fast runners like Sonic or Captain Falcon would always get it. Bowser and Ganondorf wouldn't stand a chance.
Perhaps allow slower charaters less hit but no it isn't fair when someone smacks on it 5-6x and it flies across the screen into another characters hands who hits it once and gets it. Not to mention DK's final smash vs. Sonic Final Smash is totally unbalanced.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Perhaps allow slower charaters less hit but no it isn't fair when someone smacks on it 5-6x and it flies across the screen into another characters hands who hits it once and gets it. Not to mention DK's final smash vs. Sonic Final Smash is totally unbalanced.
The way the smash ball works is that it has a health bar. When the bar reaches zero the character gets the smash ball. This works well because strong and slow characters only half to hit a couple times (which can be hard) while fast characters have to hit it several times (but its easier for them to do so).

And individual final smashes can easily be changed.

volbound1700

Smash Master
As FalKoopa states, it moves all over the place so a player can bound it and then another get it. I guess we could keep health bar but I would like damage done by one player not to count for the other player. Everyone has to do same damage is what I am purposing.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
More online options, such as 1 V 1, Stamina Mode, and the ability to spectate live matches, not just old ones.

mas_torque

Smash Apprentice
bear with me here. i've been thinking about how cool it would be if there was reduced lag for certain series of moves. not necessarily like combos in other fighters where you HAVE to press certain buttons blahblahblah (definitely not where anyone wants smash to go) but more like making attacking more fluid by conserving the characters' momentum. say fox does his fsmash and instead of returning to neutral, you do a dtilt so he continues spinning and whips his tail around. or say X's bair is a kick backwards followed by a frontflip to return to his normal fall, and his fair is a punch with animation like doc's or ganon's. doing one followed by the other would let you chain them together. i realize it's sort of like iasa frames but i think it would be neat and would encourage learning and incorporating more attacks for more options in your gameplay. casuals would be into it too i think

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
More multiplayer gameplay modes.

King of the hill mode where a certain section of the stage shines red and players must fight to stay within that certain area as they gain points. The section will only be available for a short time, and then it will reset somewhere else. It could be a cool way to get players used to every inch of each stage. Like having it appear on Corneria on the guns at the bottom of the ship. Would be complete hell battling to win that spot.

Also sort of a capture the flag mode where you play 2v2 and a neutral flag appears somewhere on the course. You race to grab it and gain points for how long you're holding it. It would be held like a homerun bat but work like a bom-omb where you cannot use a moves without having to throw the flag. Leaving you to rely on your b moves, dodging skills and help from your teammate to avoid the other players. You can strategically throw it at enemies to protect yourself. The other team would have to hit you enough that you drop it, or KO you in order for the flag to drop. If it falls off the stage it resets somewhere else.

Break the Targets and Board the Platforms in an actual multiplayer battle. A target would appear on the stage and the players would rush to try to break it first. And a platform would appear somewhere on the stage and you would need to land on it first to get that point.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
^I like all of the above. I also support the idea of a party mode.
About in-game features, I was thinking about something crazy like the screen break when a character hits it (and self-fixing in a fading way after a while).

SheepHurdurr

Smash Rookie
^I like all of the above. I also support the idea of a party mode.
About in-game features, I was thinking about something crazy like the screen break when a character hits it (and self-fixing in a fading way after a while).
Party mode? Like drop-in, drop-out? I feel like that'd be really unbalanced in stock matches but it'd probably be fine in timed matches. So I agree with it being an option but only for timed matches.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I meant something like Mario Party or Pacman Party but with combats instead of minigames.

D

Deleted member

Turn off certain Pokemon and Assist Characters. For example, if Goldeen is turned off, it won't be summoned from a Pokeball. We won't see Goldeen during a battle.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Turn off certain Pokemon and Assist Characters. For example, if Goldeen is turned off, it won't be summoned from a Pokemon ball. We won't see Goldeen during a battle.
Thats not really nice..how do you think Goldeen feels?

Aint gonna lie if melee had that option i could have spent hours on yoshi island with only lugia & ho-oh on damage ratio low xD. Still did it...xD

D

Deleted member

New Game+ for Subspace Emissary's successor. If I beat the game on easy, I can choose new game+ so it'll be on normal difficulty.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Ability to turn off stage hazards for most or (if possible) all stages, save match settings and at least a few more alt costumes for some characters like with overalls and biker Wario.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would like to see all of the game play features they removed and/or butchered from Melee re-added.
This. Here's some things to do...

-Make character specific Break the Targets and 5 generic ones. Do the same thing for Board the Platform (which should return!)
-Make "Race to the Finish" a Stadium Mode.
-Keep the awesome event modes from Melee, re-add a few from Brawl, and keep the multiplayer event modes.
-Make a Melee-esk Adventure Mode on top of a full-fledged Story Mode.
-Make a "real' arcade mode.
-Return the lottery game.
-A drop in/drop out party mode.
-The ability to turn off certain Pokéball Pokémon and Assist Trophy characters.
-The ability to turn off stage hazards.
-Have it to where you can play on several actual Story Mode locations. I would personally love to fight on the Tabuu stage or a Break the Target/Race to the Finish stage.
-Make way more stage builder parts backgrounds, etc, and allow for stage uploads from external programs.
-Allow for music to be uploaded to the game.
-Return bonus mode, and introduce new game modes, like territories, juggernaut, king of the hill, capture the flag, hot potato (the last person to be the hot potato dies [or optionally takes a ton of damage] in a match; this can be customized to whether or not that is the only way to die),
-Have a color palette for outfits, as well as for most characters customization gear (ie: different Tunics for Link, different dresses for Peach, different hats for Mario, etc).
-Have a double and triple elimination tournament mode option, and make it to where tournament mode can be played on multiple WiiU's/3DS' with the same account/bracket.
-Unlimited time to record matches.
-Have a video editor for you videos where you can add music, special effects, visual cues, change camera angles, etc.
-Allow easy video uploads to a video upload site such as youtube.
-Have modern-day online customization and mode options.

I could basically go on forever, but I won't. :laugh:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
  • Return of individualized, intuitive target tests.
  • A big Adventure Mode with actual Nintendo content, or at least a Classic/Arcade mode with fun little cutscenes for each character.
  • One or two costumes for each character, each with their own color swaps. For characters with next to no costume potential, like G&W, give them tons of color swaps.
  • The option to freeze hazards on stages at an individual level.
  • An improved Stage Builder. I'm not asking for anything big. I just want the ability to make walk-offs, to rotate pieces 360 degrees, place background structures (so my rooms actually have a back wall), place water, maybe add weather effects, and maybe add some objects and textures from other stages.
  • All-Star Mode is ordered by year of character debut instead of series debut.
  • A new Special mode: Tag. Players choose between 2 or 3 (in Stock matches, based on what your stock count is divisible by) characters to swap between when dying. Can be played in teams, with 2 players on each team in a 1-on-1 format, switching partners when KO'd.
  • Replays more than 3 minutes long.
  • The option to change the criteria needed to be met for the crowd to cheer for a player. Successfully land many combos, get a multi-kill, unleash a Final Smash, lead by a certain amount of stocks or points, survive a certain amount of time without being KO'd, (for trolls) KO a partner, etc.
  • Good trophies, like in Melee. Don't really care how they're unlocked, but I liked the Lottery.
  • The ability to take 3D snapshots on the 3DS.
  • Customizable online profiles, with backgrounds, avatars, and pictures of mains.
  • A reason to use coins beyond getting trophies. Maybe just make an in-game shop where you can buy costumes, new palettes, music, or profile graphics.
  • Online voice chat, live spectating, more match options, and an overall better infrastructure. I'd even take host advantage if it meant I wouldn't have to experience Brawl's lag again. Maybe have a "communities" option like Mario Kart 7.
  • Creative new ways to unlock characters. Keep the "X number of matches" option for everyone, but include new criteria too. "Swim a total of 100 miles for Starfy", "Complete a level without killing any enemies for Snake", or "Knock a Smash Ball out of Fox 10 times for Wolf" are some possibilities.
  • Not saying it should happen, but if they ever go up to 6 players, then I want the option to do 3v3 and 2v2v2 matches.
  • The glorious return of bonuses.
Now obviously, I don't expect all of that. I'm be happy with just a few of these features being added.

Angiance

Smash Lord
Ideas: combo list creater; create character specific combo lists and send them to friends. CPUs that don't have rubberbanding AI; if a proffesional sets the CPU to 9, he has given the consent to have his a** thoroughly burrowed into the core of the Earth, not watch the CPU SD repeatedly. Online matches that allow for spectators to watch, with the player able to hear what they're saying etc. The ability to have friends join into random rooms. Online tournament mode, with spectation allowed. Pikachu mode... Smash4eveeeeeeeerrrrrrr

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Have Trophies that aren't just 3d Models ripped from the most recent releases, add a smash meter that builds up with giving and taking damage so you don't need items for final smashes and characters balanced by having crap Final smashes like Meta Knight aren't OP.

Plus most of what everyone else said.

P.S. also have the sound design more in tune with Melee than Brawl. Seriously, compare the Whirling Fortress's buzzsaw sound in Melee to the "rocks tumbling in box" sound it had in Brawl.

KappZ77

Smash Rookie
I think that they need to make the cast less diverse from charecter to character when it comes to play style such as meta knight at an extreme of speed and Ike in extreme of slow.this woul in my opinion get rid of the unbalanced cast such as ness.ganon.and browser in the bottom and marth falco.meta knight at the top.every would be more equal in potintial.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'd like to be able to trade stickers, trophies and costume pieces if they were made available.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
How would you guys like to see customization as a feature? Like being able to customize what a character wears and customize your own colors.
I'd like the ability to bring stickers into regular play.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Um, wouldn't this seriously affect tournament play?
Not sure. I know that it both characters are basically dying, then we shouldn't have a winner because on character goes off the screen faster than another. For example sometimes in Smash you get the slow death where the character flies backwards and takes a couple of minutes to dissappear. I have seen both characters do it before and one hit a milisecond before the other and was declared a winner. I think there should be a double fault and go to sudden death in that case.

Top Bottom