• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Features you want In Ultimate 3.0

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Oh and here's another. Get rid of gsp or give the people who won still get their gsp. I just got a ton of different quickplays, all that I never asked for. One was a stamina battle with 3 stocks and nothing but flags dropped. Of course the person who choose that version won because it was a free for all and the others were clueless and ignored them but kept coming after me.

But I finally got a cheese gsp match I won because it was nothing but items on high and all the crazy stuff. I just fought the cheeser and didn't let them get to the items. Didn't bother getting them myself, unless it was a pokeball I could throw off stage or something. And of course when the match was over, none of us got/lost any gsp, because they ragequit.

Or maybe during the waiting zone for online play, the server will show you what mode to expect, stock or timed, items on or off ect. And if none or any of those don't fit your liking, you can opt out quickly before it is too late. This right here will kill the cheesers.

Last edited:

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Other then Joker possibly being on the 3.0 update, I don't have many high hopes elsewhere. I would love to see some fixes to online play, doesn't matter if they're small fixes if they fix previous problems, but I feel like that is still wishful thinking.
Isn’t joker confirmed to be in the 3.0.0 update?

•Make shorthop aerial tech toggleable
I wanna button for short hops. I know that you can press both the x and y button (if their both assigned to jump)
And it will perform a short hop, but that feels awkward. So why not make short hop and assignable control

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know there was a difference between 3.0 and 3.0.0 lol. I just assumed it was the same.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Well damn, I guess I'm even more let down then I'd already be lol. I doubt any of the things I mentioned in this thread will see any progress.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Well damn, I guess I'm even more let down then I'd already be lol. I doubt any of the things I mentioned in this thread will see any progress.
I doubt anything anybody’s mentioned is gonna make actual progress

It’s probably just gonna be a huge list of buffs/nerfs

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Lemme see here:

* Combo Trials: I played a bit of Dragon Ball FighterZ and BlazBlue CTB, and the main reason I've improved so much in those games was because I went through characters' combo trials. Having combo trials in Smash can really help with that.

* Smash Run: As an owner of Smash 3DS, I can assure you all that this was the ****! This mode was so great and I (and many other Smash 3DS players) would love to see it return with new enemies (Castlevania's Medusa Heads, Stairface Ogres from Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda Guardian Scouts to name a few), changes to the game (Have characters interact with one another on the map, have more minigames besides the ones found in the game, have more than one post-run battle, etc.) and maybe new events (Map is covered in fog, all fighters are now heavy, temporarily invincible, any of the effects found in Spirit Battles, really), and maybe even new maps.

* Boss Battle Mode: All the bosses in this game are really cool and unique (Ganon can only be damaged from its tail before it's stunned, Rathalos' parts break, Dracula transforms, etc.), so I'd love to fight them whenever I want without having to go through WoL to fight them again. If they could also add other bosses like Necrozma, Ornstein and Smough, Mother Brain Second Form and Akuma, that would be great too!

* Hazard Toggle: Make it like the Omega/Battlefield toggle instead of just a part of the ruleset! That would make it so much better not just from a casual but from a competitive standpoint too!

* Home Run Contest/Stage Builder: I know, I'm jumping on the bandwagon because of recent datamining, but I loved those two modes and would be excited if they added it all!

* More FF7 Content: Yes, yes, we know, that's next to impossible considering SE's behaviour, but call me crazy here, but I think they're holding out on that at least until after Final Fantasy VII releases on Switch next week. More Spirits, Music and the like would be nice to have in Smash, and if it takes the source game releasing on Nintendo to do that, that'd be great. (Also, side question: was SE's treatment of Noctis in Tekken and 2B in SoulCalibur any good?)

Last edited:

OctoWich

Smash Rookie
NNID
OctopusSandwich
- Ability to leave a 4 player battle if you don't come in 1st or 2nd.
- Playing co-op online with a friend (me and a friend in person against somebody online, Wii U had it.)
- A quick play mode without GSP where you can switch characters.
- Display more settings for an arena like Team Attack being on or off without having to enter the arena.
- Stage hazards added to the FD and BF toggle.
- LET ME CHANGE CHARACTERS, STAGES, MUSIC ETC. WITHOUT LEAVING THE LINE IN ARENAS!!!

Oh, and buff Kirby. :)

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Yes, because I don't want to play someone once. I want to play against someone more than once to prove that my first win wasn't some fluke. Good were the days of SSB4 where people would do Bo3 in For Glory.
Mkay, so you just miss SSB4 online. That's understandable, and while I don't feel the need for them, I have no reason to oppose a forced competitive ruleset queue or potentially the option to rematch someone with a different character.

That said, fighting someone more than once has absolutely nothing to do with GSP, which is a feature I like, including the ability to see it, and do not want to see go. I've been a part of other online games that try to curb behaviors by hiding information from players--it never works and is always obnoxious for the people who want to see it. More available information is always, always, always better.

As for the coward thing... well, okay. That's fine. I'll be a coward, if I'm having fun. No worries here.

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
I wanna button for short hops. I know that you can press both the x and y button (if their both assigned to jump)
And it will perform a short hop, but that feels awkward. So why not make short hop and assignable control
That’s just another thing that can be put in as an option with the addition to toggling shorthop aerial tech.

Many I’ve talked to have mentioned that they desire the independent short hop button. The best way to go about things would be to add in both options for preference. I personally don’t want to play with 2 types of jump buttons, but that’s just because I’ve played smash all my life and am used to quickly pressing and holding the jump button.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Play a stage from the character's game like Smash Bros, if that makes sense. Of course it would only work for certain characters, but still.

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
I wish Spirits also gave you (or unlocked the ability to get) a trophy like in the older games along with a description. I'm far more into competitive Smash than casual Smash, but reading those trophies and looking at them.. collecting them? That was my favorite part of the casual aspect to these games.

That’s just another thing that can be put in as an option with the addition to toggling shorthop aerial tech.

Many I’ve talked to have mentioned that they desire the independent short hop button. The best way to go about things would be to add in both options for preference. I personally don’t want to play with 2 types of jump buttons, but that’s just because I’ve played smash all my life and am used to quickly pressing and holding the jump button.
Yeah, though I suppose if it helps some, it's fine. I could never see myself using two jump buttons, I've built up a long time habit outside of 64/Melee of immediately changing Y to Grab and Z to Jump and I'm VERY broken in on that system in games outside of Melee.. including Ultimate. I use X to jump SOMETIMES, but Z is my go-to.. especially for short hops because it's so easy and painless to just flick your index finger off of Z for easy short hops. I'm not the biggest fan of fusion auto short hops except on some characters / MU's, so manual short hops off the button are my go-to.. always. I could never get into the habit of pressing two jump buttons, even if with Z and X it would be easier to than pressing both X and Y consistently. One button for me is not only plenty, but preferred. I have a very.. exact, control scheme for Smash that I've become very accustomed to.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
1. Make Echoes more unique, like the Melee clones, just keep the same moveset but change their properties

2. Smash Run

3. This is just aesthetic, but show the winning squad in Smash Squad doing their victory poses instead of the renders.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
When you toggle items on or off for online, give the player what they want. Oh and someway to save your footage before the update. Like it will give you the option to upload some footage you may have forgotten to do something with before the update commences afterwards.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Stage Builder would be cool

Also the ability to turn off the camera zoom would be cool. I know it’s a cool effect, but it really only works for 1-1 matches. It usually leaves me defenseless in the hands boss fight which is really annoying as either Crazy or Master get a free hit when the other dies

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
What exactly do people miss about stage builder?

Now, I know I'm not the best person to comment as I'm less interested in the casual side of smash compared to the comp side, but even from a casual standpoint stage builder seemed VERY limited and gimmicky. The one in Sm4sh was even worse than Brawl, imo. I always thought that if they decided against stage builder, we could've gotten something else that was better, or at least the existing content could've been more polished. It always came off like a waste of dev time and resources, because it clearly wasn't some small after thought being that it appeared in two games and evidently had a lot of fans. I just don't get the appeal, if it were a BETTER stage builder I absolutely would, but the ones we got were total crap.

Also I don't feel camera zoom is the problem with boss fights. The boss fights in Smash flat out don't really work as boss fights, you can either fight them normally and get irritated or be bored out of your mind, or cheese the hell out of them and win at 0% while still being bored out of your mind. Mind you, I'm OKAY with Master and Crazy hand.. maybe Giga Bowser too. Those are OG bosses that are more related to Smash than they are anything else. I still think they're out of place in a game like Smash, but they have some degree of nostalgia and even I'll admit getting to briefly play as Master Hand (officially, did it with Melee a few times with glitches when I was younger) made me giddy and I loved it. I wish there were more instances where we could play as Master Hand, and I also would love if in said instances we could choose Master or Crazy Hand. Just for like, multiman smash modes and stuff, time wasting fun.

What I REALLY want, is a mode where I can fight Master or Crazy Hand, AS Master or Crazy Hand. Or just pit Bosses vs. Bosses in general and I feel the featuring of them in Smash would be a lot cooler. I want to fight my friends in a slap fight as the Hands.. imagine how hype it would be the first time you loaded up a Master vs Crazy Hand fight with your friend?

Basically just Smash as-is, but with a roster of Boss characters. AT LEAST the two Hands. Versus mode with bosses would be fun as hell, nothing more than a casual addition.. but FUN as hell and I've love it. Stomping around with Giga Bowser as a massive hand shoots bullets out of its fingers at me sounds 100% like some **** that would happen in Smash. I think it would also be cool if you could fight bosses ANOTHER PLAYER controlled as the normal roster, as well. The idea of those things to me is far more in line with what Smash is about than wailing on something with a health bar until it finally falls down.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Now, I know I'm not the best person to comment as I'm less interested in the casual side of smash compared to the comp side, but even from a casual standpoint stage builder seemed VERY limited and gimmicky. The one in Sm4sh was even worse than Brawl, imo.
They were limited and gimmicky and the Brawl one was indeed better. Those of us who like stage builders tolerated the previous ones and are still waiting for a good one.

Even with the limitations, there were some interesting elements to use in building stages in previous games. I would love more--basically, Brawl's editor but with more pieces. But you could get some decent and interesting levels out of them. And with the new stages they're adding to the game nowadays? It's really easy to make better levels than those. Just a main platform with different soft platform layouts is enough for a lot of folks.

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
I'd have a conniption if a stage builder that could make viable / legal competitive stages were implemented, but after the two instances of what we've gotten I don't see it happening and think it's just a waste of time & resources.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
- Ability to leave a 4 player battle if you don't come in 1st or 2nd.
- Playing co-op online with a friend (me and a friend in person against somebody online, Wii U had it.)
- A quick play mode without GSP where you can switch characters.
- Display more settings for an arena like Team Attack being on or off without having to enter the arena.
- Stage hazards added to the FD and BF toggle.
- LET ME CHANGE CHARACTERS, STAGES, MUSIC ETC. WITHOUT LEAVING THE LINE IN ARENAS!!!

Oh, and buff Kirby. :)
You can already do that. Set your rules to teams.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
A few things I want that came into mind recently:
- Ability to set multiple stocks in elimination squad strike, to be more like crew battles.
- Being able to set best of 3 or 5 in tournament mode. It bothers me how when you look at the rules and it says "First to 1 Win" but you can't actually change that part at all.
- When looking at the playlist description at the bottom it says "Build playlists to listen as you battle!" but you still can't actually listen to them during battle. I've said this awhile ago and probably in the 2.0 discussion thread to either include that option or remove that statement.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Squad strike online would be a really cool addition. I was disappointed to find out it's only available offline.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
For the love of God, let me play Squad Strike in Arenas. Why even introduce the game mode if it’s only going to be offline?

This one is much less likely, but GSP is one of the most headass mechanics I’ve ever come across in a game and I would sleep better at night if it were gone, never to be seen or spoken of again.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
In addition to the new modes, I'd like some quality-of-life features for Spirits, like being able to sort them by which Spirits have and have not already learned the given style for Dojos.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
What if they made a Boss Rush unlocked after you beat WoL, have it the difficulty mural of Classic Mode and put in
controllable Master Hand as the penultimate sorta minigame of the mode, retaining his playability but making it accessible outside of AN ENTIRE WoL RUN?

Top Bottom