• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[[FBT6]] - Mar. 20-21st - WI (Midwest Circuit) Results

Bil

Smash Ace
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: I wish I knew who you were so I can thank you for this shout out at the next tourney.

In all seriousness though, don't say anything about my playstyle if you don't know **** about Wario. Against good Dededes, you either camp them with Wario or get 3-stocked.
I watched you in other matches too. I'm not just talking about against lain.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
more shoutouts:

elfen lied- rly good matches in the tournament man, when that bob-omb blew up the skyworld platform in sudden death and my link couldnt reach the cloud with upB, i knew you had some real skills. hope to see you around. :)

Raid

Smash Cadet
i would post some shoutouts right now, but i got scared by cosmos's sig.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
yeah, lain owned. i enjoyed this tournament very much. this was a very, very well run tournament, and anyone who says otherwise is just johning because they didn't place well.

good **** spikes and wafles. and mad props to zicore for staying at the TO table for all of pools and keeping that **** running smoothly. also you are a cool guy and i hope we meet up again sometime.

uhm, what else. oh, tapion - it's a real shame if what they say is true (about you quiting the game). your snake is really, really good and if you just camped more i think you would be one of the best, period. you are a really smart player, and it's a shame to lose someone so good, but if it's real life getting in the way then i understand. but i hope you will at least come to a tournament or two in the future so I can get my revenge, lol.

hunger - good **** in that money match. you have a really smart snake also. im curious how you and tapion would have done against each other. . .

quik - you are amazing. i thought i had you in both of those games we played, but then you just took it to another level. good **** man

fatboy/grimace - you guys played really well in teams and i think you could have won the whole thing if a few things in gfs had gone differently.

wisconsin - way to **** dubs

iowa - nice seeing you guys, hope to see you again sometime

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
lain: nice job. it was nice meeting you, and watching you play.

rofa: thanks for my blanket! you were a pretty cool guy, hopefully mo makes it to a tournament where mi is at sometime soon.

fatboy/grimace: good job in doubles. you guys were pretty cool.

hunger: you should have clothes matched asc, i was really looking forward to that. nice job in doubles though, we had some close matches.

waffles: it's not wafles it's waffles. i'm pretty sure.

iowa: <3

thinkaman: better be wearing that hat while you're at gdc. did you ever write captain falcon ditto mm's on it?

everyone else: xoxoxox

Tapion013

Smash Lord
uhm, what else. oh, tapion - it's a real shame if what they say is true (about you quiting the game). your snake is really, really good and if you just camped more i think you would be one of the best, period. you are a really smart player, and it's a shame to lose someone so good, but if it's real life getting in the way then i understand. but i hope you will at least come to a tournament or two in the future so I can get my revenge, lol.
I dunno, I kind of like the fact it's left at 1-1 :) That way neither of us can say we win, I just won last that's all.

But anyway, to get to your point, I'm quitting (yes) for two reasons, one of which was said in your post, and one which was said in 7-8 pages worth of complaints in the other thread. I'm glad you think I'm a smart player, but playing a fighting game where camping/staying away is the best strategy to win is just a headache waiting to happen for me. Against ook, I could've ledge campped him the entire match on Brinstar. I did two upairs through the stage before my brain was like "OMG I'M SO BOARD PLEASE TRY TO DO SOMETHING." Yea, I ended up losing because of it, and I was sick anyway so I should've just dealt with the head ache I had the whole weekend, but I did the same thing against Razor's MK. I honestly thought I was going to lose to him because he was going to out wait me, which he did, but I thankfully still managed. Luigi's mansion never happened....

The second reason... is that the majority of brawlers are just.... well, not cool people. I thought both JLo and Bone were pretty cool during the friendlies we played, as well as Razor and the other Iowa and Missouri players, but the uncivil way they handled their "Ride Home Rage" is exactly the problem I have with the smash community now. So now I get the headache from having to camp, plus the potential anuerism from listening to Super Smash Brothers: We All Learned How To John players... well it's too much. If people can't establish that 1.) If they can't make it out of pools they aren't going to win/get far anyway, and 2.) If you want to play a variety of people seriously, money match as many people as you can (and not for a dollar) and not expect to get them through tournament matches, then please keep complaining...

But yea... There will be a few people I'll miss *CoughSagoLoneYouHungerGrimaceFattyLainseemedcoolSpikesWaflesQuikandArtywereaightCosmo spacetonotbreaksiteEthanMinnesotaOokthatmonster* But I won't miss brawl. It was fun using pit though XD

<3 Wisconsin, and I won't be responding to anything trying to come back at what I said about iowa and missouri and bone. I guess if you want the last word to make yourselves feel better, go right ahead, but I really don't care what you say and neither does anyone else at this point.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Tapion's amazing :p.

You better still release youtube videos haha.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
I will, I have to use my gamebridge for something! But it won't be of brawl, although my brawl matches are by far the most interesting matches to watch since I'm always running at my opponent.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You could just solve all your brawl community worries by moving down South with us :p I wouldn't even play "competitive" Brawl if it wasn't for the fact the TX community is so **** cool XD

Also, play Wario, he doesn't need to camp if you don't want to :D

Zicore

Smash Champion
But yea... There will be a few people I'll miss *CoughSagoLoneYouHungerGrimaceFattyLainseemedcoolSpikesWaflesQuikandArtywereaightCosmo spacetonotbreaksiteEthanMinnesotaOokthatmonster* But I won't miss brawl. It was fun using pit though XD

<3 Wisconsin, and I won't be responding to anything trying to come back at what I said about iowa and missouri and bone. I guess if you want the last word to make yourselves feel better, go right ahead, but I really don't care what you say and neither does anyone else at this point.
D: No Zicore in that long list of people? lol

<3 tapion

And Actually, I think these two reasons are what keeps me from playing brawl competitively. GG Tapion. You will be missed?

Will you go to any local brawl/melee things in WI? Like LPC2? It would be fun to hang at those.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
in terms of like, legit skill at smash brothers in general tapion was probably the best player there

i don't think many people will understand what i mean by that but oh well.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Tapion is win. If I'm ever in Milwaukee and have nothing to do we better get to hang out and play some brawl+ or something. =D

Definitely hope you can still make it to some various tournaments to just hang out, you're way too cool.

Back to taxes. D=

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Hopefully there aren't too many hard feelings remaining about complaints and such but that's not what I am here to talk about. I only posted in that thread twice once to complain and the second time to apologize so I hope we can all move past the unfortunate circumstances that took place following the tournament.

Loki: I enjoyed our tournament matches as well as our falcon dittos. How many tournament matches feature Captain Falcon, Mario, and Distant Planet?

Thinkaman: I will reclaim my falcon ditto dollar in Missouri.

Lain: Didn't even get to play you in singles but you are a cool guy. Hopefully we meet again someday.

Rofa: It was really good to meet you man, and thanks for the advice. I most likely wouldn't have advanced as far as I did without it. Also thanks for doing a Razor Challenge with me, even though I didn't end up on top. You can get your revenge on me for my pools victory when you come to Iowa whenever that happens.

Quik: Good matches man. After I won the first 7 minute and 30 second match I knew it was over and that I wouldn't win. I didn't have the patience, stamina, or focus to do even one more of those and that could be seen in the fact that I SD'd 3 out of my remaining 6 stock. But no johns you outplayed me.

Scythe: I was really worried when I saw I had to play you because I am awful at fighting against Lucario as you could see in our team loss to you and quik. I only won because before our match I talked to Rofa about what to do against Lucario. If I would have lost the first one I would have switched to Mario.... I'm not sure how that would have turned out....

Tapion: It's a shame you are quitting because I enjoyed playing you. If I would have won the first match which I almost did I would have had you. It's kind of funny because I always thought I was a very aggressive metaknight but against Snake I really can't be. Joker constantly destroying me has taught me that I need to wait back until the wall of grenades has stopped. And as for Luigi's Mansion I was just on fire for MK dittos at the tournament, I didn't lose one of them.

Jordan and Kit: Your team is truly the realest! Or me and Joker would have gotten you. The difference between Joker's last monthly and Oshkosh was I flat out got destroyed in Oshkosh and wasn't hardly touched at Joker's. Plus you two are prolly two of my favorite people.

Hunger/Tapion: Regardless of the fact that we got 5th in teams and you won it is a good feeling that I was a part of the team that 2-0'd you guys and sent you to the loser's bracket. I was on fire for the first few matches of teams. You two compliment each other very well.

Irsic?: Good job in pools man you were my only loss. Its too bad you didn't make it out of pools.

Everyone else I enjoyed our matches if we played matches. I'll be at the next circuit so I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
So this was prob going to be my last smash tourney for a while, and if not my last tourney in general. To be quite honest, I dislike this game for the same reaso as Tapion does, it's slow, defensive, and not fun to play unless you use a low tier. I really like going to hang out with the cool people that I met, and seeing everyone again after so many months. If theres anything that I'll miss from this game, it'll be meeting new people, and hanging out with the old ones. But more and more people are quitting this game, and most of the new brawl players bore me, and aren't interesting at all. I also am going to college next year, so I need to get a car, so my parents are forcing me to work a lot, and save, (not a bad thing though). So maybe when I get a car, and have a little extra cash, I'll start going to tournies again but I don't know. but I've decided as for now, I'm done. I'll still play wifi if you want, and maybe even free wifi tournies, and I might even come like Tapion just to watch and see people, but this game really does suck, and brawl + isn't anything exciting either. We'll see what happens with me going to melee tournies, but I highly doubt it. It's kinda time for me to move more and more away from smash, and focus more and more on getting ready for adulthood haha. But here's to my final Shout out. It's more of a career shout out to everyone. <3 (BTW, I'll still check the boards all the time)

1. Lain: Smokers are jokers haha <3

3: ook (Donkey Kong) $80
Dude, you're one of the few brawl players that is too good. I always enjoyed teaming with you, and it looks like you're going to start dominating tournies. I think you're a great guy, and I hope you have fun playing brawl, but like everyone else said, PLAY MELEE with us.You'd fit in with the melee community more than the brawl.

4: tapion (Snake/Pit) $15
I gotta say, I've truly found a good friend in the community. I don't know I've thought you were the coolest, but you were always there to help me with my questions about melee and brawl, and you were always honest with my skill level and such. I'll never forget that nightyou and vino stayed overnight, and we played melee pretty much all night, and then woke up and ate that great breakfast. <3. Out of everyone I'll miss from this community, it'll be you. You're a great guy, and a good friend! Keep it real Tapion, and get a job in the Fox Cities, fo serious.

5: hunger (Snake/Wario)

Hunger, I've only known you for a little bit, but you're still one of the cooler smashers I know. Keep owning in Brawl, maybe you'll somehow convince me to come back to this game.

7: rofa (Metaknight) See Lain :p
7: Grimace (Snake)
I <3 Grimace

9: sago (Metaknight)
Sago you might have a greasier sheik than me, but you'll never be able to beat mine haha jk. Sago, you're the best. I remember when I wore those shorts to that one tourney, and you were totally jealous. And that Atticus Shirt, too good.

13: Wafles (Falco/Metaknight)
Sam, it was cool that you got interested in the game because I somewhat got you into it, more of Hunger and Grimace playing more with you to stay interested. But I'll most likely see you a lot still since we live in the same city, and we both use to go to the same school. Good Luck in Brawl, you're too good.

13: cbk (Pikachu) Nice Pika, I hate pika, you seemed pretty cool IRL, good luck in Brawl
13: lonejedi (Jigglypuff) Best Jiggs eva.
17: Fade (Peach) See Sago
17: rapist norm (Snake) You were another cool brawl player, I def like the hair long though. Nice touch, good luck in brawl
17: fatboy (Metaknight) Sorry I made you cry :(

25: loki (Captain Falcon/Diddy Kong) Another cool brawl player, I only got to talk to you for a bit, but we were low tier brothern, Your diddy is too good, You're too cool man.
25: thinkaman- haha 13th>25th :p Jk Jk, your jiggs is too good as well
25: ficha - Fun friendlies man. Keep working on that Samus, watch Sago though, his samus is too good.

25: aerox (Lucario) Tennis Rocks
33: biL-- See Sago and Fade
33: cosmo
Cosmo how did you get down all this way? Should have ween GnW and planked like I did :p. But you're too good. You will always be another person who I love hanging out with at tournies. Def during the summer I'd go to a smashfest for melee with you guys at Spikes Den IV. Keep repping in melee, and btw, draw a picture of me sometime soon.
41: RJ
RJ! Dude you're another cool smasher, didn't get to play you, but keep coming to tournies, you're a real cool perosn.

57: dosdos
Dos, you're not going to read this but, you better appreciate that free singles entry!

(People not in brawl tourney)

Spikes: <3 Steve. Steve, you're the best TO ever, Steve >>>>>>>>>>>Brawl>>>>>>>>>Poop>>>>>>>>MW:W
I can't make the melee tourney in June, but if you host something towards the end of summer, I'd prob make it if I have the car by then. Steve, I'll never forget when you came to my church, just to play melee, that was hilarious haha. And I owned your marth so badly, and D33K haha. Keep repping in Melee, your doc is too good.

Zicore: You're a cool person in real life Zicore, and I get along with you great, but our Online egos don't work well together haha. Just don't party too much in college. I'll prob seeing you at a spikes den in the future.

Hayate: I'll never forget going to Point and beating you, ryan, and and your brother in water basketball, or the creepy chicks who wanted you to hook up their PS2 in their room. Those were fun times. Another smasher whos fun to hang out with at tournies. Don't look at Hentai, that's just gross man. But keep it real.

Toecutter: This tourney was for you man <3 <3 <3

If I missed someone, Sorry, but it's been fun Smash Community Keep it Real.

Lokeloki

Smash Apprentice
Eighteenspikes: Please don't stop running tourneys, they have all been amazing, FBT6 = best tourney ever ( though more ppl showing up would have been nice) See ya at nbc, maybe ill work on the ddr skills again, lol

Wafles: Yoshi is amazing, drop Mk, he sucks. I will be maining Yoshi at LPC2. His DR is soo hard, but I'm getting it.

Fatboy: Next time i win your pizza sticks.

Thinkaman: Your falcon is too good, you know all my moves, but i still won that first MM

Ook: Cfalc must be a dk counter pick, lol, too good at the tourney dk is amazing, love the super armor trick.

Lone: Your jiggly is too good to quit, there are so many cool ppl in the smash community to let a few spoil it. fun matches, i hope to play you again.lone sucks

RJ: you have become much better, keep it up, next time we get put together in pools you might have your revenge :laugh:

Bobby: work on you falcon... he requires more skill than other players.

Grimace: Your Luigi is too good not to play, what do i always see you using snake. Luigi is too good.

Ushi: I love you, but do better next time, lol

YoshQ: I know you were off your game, get some more sleep next time, we are reping eau claire, we have to represent.

Geko: You have much to learn if you wish to beat YoshQ and I. Lets keep practicing.

Tapion: A agree that camping is kinda gay, but i play aggressively and do well I'm just still working some kinks out, play the way you want to with the char you want to and make it work, it can be done. Brawl has more tech skill than most realize and i think we both know it. Pro players help sway the community's metagame. I think you are too good to quit, but hey i cant stop you, but aren't I a cool person in the brawl community?

CBK: work on that technique i taught you, its up to players like you to improve pika's metagame if you want to take out the top tiers.

Pipe: Love the pivot walking, you link is really good. I hope to see you at LPC2 since that will be your last tourney in the midwest.

Razor: sorry you didn't enjoy the tourney that much it was fun playing you, distant planet is too good. grats on 5th

sago: I cant believe you quit samus, meta is gay!

Ficha: My new favorite samus, i love the frontward backflips, i thought only i did those.

Hunger: i cant believe chitownwolf didnt show, wish i could have played you more, you are too good.

Irsic: i can believe you didnt make it out of pools, great lucas! did marth abuse you lucaas?

Bil: Falcon> Ganondorf. No top hat this time?

Jahordan: I like it when you cup my balls. Fun friendlies as always

sparrow: wth were you? i needed a rematch

The bates family: ****ing rules

Hayate: nice school girl outfit

FBT6 Rules!

Quik17

Smash Ace
Finally have time for some shoutouts!

Lain: Good **** on winning first. After all my past failed attempts, I was almost certain that camping you would work...but it didn't. Don't really know what to do against you anymore.

Ook: IL *****. DK is a beast.

Tapion: You probably would of got 2nd if you beat Ook. You were doing really well against me in friendlies. Sucks you're leaving. Your Pit is insane.

Art/Scythe: 9th!?!?!?! WTF!

Hunger: Nice job beastin me in teams. I'll get you back in Chicago though :)

Razor: Your MK is annoying. Everytime I tried to approach, I would either get grabbed or Up-Bed. GGs though. Intense first match.

Rofa: Nice seeing you again. Crazy gimp on me in friendlies.

Grimace / Fatboy: You guys are too good in teams!.

Veggie: You're a LIAR. You definately skate.

Sago: You picked up MK in a week and you were absolutely destroying some peoeple when I was watching. Good ****.

Kit: Most epic pool match ever. Keep working on that Wario.

Thinkaman: BEST Jiggs ever. Fun friendlies. Props for maining all low tiers.

Wafles / 18spikes: Great work with the tourney. Don't listen to what others said, It could not of been any better in my eyes.

Norm: I'll see you next week man. Still waiting to get revenge.

Cosmo: Nice job owning in Melee, maybe i can get a few friendlies in with you in Chicago with my Ganon.

Jahordan: Great G&W!

Raid: ONE GRAB AWAY from making it out of pools. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ficha: :samus2: > :metaknight:

Irsic: You get a shout out cause you main Lucas.

To all the WI people that made the finals match between me and Lain much more enjoyable with all the hilarious wombo combo shouts: GOOD ****!

Edit: Lonejedi: just saw a vid of you beating fatboy with jiggs in a tourney set. Might have to take back what I said about Thinkaman being the best Jiggs :)

hunger!

Smash Champion
quik. i dont have like any vids of you since in finals my computer was freaking out but why didnt you play more on the projector setup!!!!

Arty

Smash Lord
quik. i dont have like any vids of you since in finals my computer was freaking out but why didnt you play more on the projector setup!!!!
I just played on whatever T.V.s were available when my matches were called. :(

Edit: This is Quik, accidentally posted on my brother's account : )

Irsic

Smash Ace
razor - amazing games, sadly I didn't make it out of pools :[ looks like you did great in the tourament though, good job dude. you were also really cool, hope to see you again

quik - cool guy, wish we had gotten to play some **** friendlies

rofa - really nice guy, i know i'll see you again because this summer i'll be hitting up all the AA tournys D: so we're sure to game again, more lucas dittos

arty - hilarious friendlies

sago - dude your music is too loud

Wafles - sorry we didn't get to play some friendlies dude, i couldn't hang around after being out because of the sheer amount of homework i had to do, lol

joker - amazing snake, ill be sure to remember to ban green greens... D: cool guy

lonejedi - **** jigglypuff :( good jigglypuffs are so rare and so hard to fight x_x

veggie123 - dude why didn't I see you there? You played FEFan, he's from northern too.

kyle weis - really cool guy, but I'll get you next time :\ No more stage bouncing for me

loki - we needed more friendlies! you were pretty cool dude, and you had a sick diddy.

thinkaman - another **** jigglypuff! ugh nice friendlies

ficha - samus player! we had some nice friendlies

pipe - a link player! and a **** good one at that. keep it up dude

nicole - You know, I should have been the one counter character picking you :\ that way I wouldn't have had diddy vs. peach on FD at the end there... D: Amazing matches, really cool person. hope to see you at another MWC

RJ - screw yo ddd! cool guy, hope to see you again, and i will always force DDD to approach for now on

FEFan - steve sux lololol

Zicore

Smash Champion
Lone, as much as me and you clash, I clash with all. Your a cool guy and shall be missed. At least you will be the brunt of everything in WI.

THe one thing I remember was coming to the CC's with EOF and him making fun of your clothes all day. Good times. That, and you FREAKING OUT because of ***-back.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
But anyway, to get to your point, I'm quitting (yes) for two reasons, one of which was said in your post, and one which was said in 7-8 pages worth of complaints in the other thread. I'm glad you think I'm a smart player, but playing a fighting game where camping/staying away is the best strategy to win is just a headache waiting to happen for me. Against ook, I could've ledge campped him the entire match on Brinstar. I did two upairs through the stage before my brain was like "OMG I'M SO BOARD PLEASE TRY TO DO SOMETHING." Yea, I ended up losing because of it, and I was sick anyway so I should've just dealt with the head ache I had the whole weekend, but I did the same thing against Razor's MK. I honestly thought I was going to lose to him because he was going to out wait me, which he did, but I thankfully still managed. Luigi's mansion never happened....
This is what happens when melee players play brawl :ohwell: I'm suprised you stuck with the game as long as you did (after your reaction to the *** pre-release days).

It's sad to see you go :( Like lots of other WI smashers, you made me the player I am today. We had some good times, esp that 2 person melee tourney in Kenosha :laugh:

Hope to see you again sometime, you should come to LPC!!

Spikes - Good **** on the venue and sponsorship, I don't know how I do it. I always feel like a more noob TO everytime I go to one of youre tourneys. Also youre a pro sleeper.

Wayfulls - Good **** on the tourney, and on running brackets. GL on your next brawl tourney, and come over to melee!

Phil - Next time you're in Madison, let me know and we can smash. You should try to make it to LPC in May!!

Cosmo - LoL too good at melee and smash64. Up-B spike!! Bring a parka next time.

Sago - Youre commentating was too good again. That was the best wombo combo Ive seen yet. Also, less Notebook more Heavyweights!!

Ethan - Good **** on 2nd! Falcon > shiek. Sorry about Spike's den, idk what happened. :urg:

Bil - Lol those matches at spike's were too good. Looks like that gallon of mountain dew paid off! :lick::lick:

Gary - Lulz, magical cards. I want to get into legacy now. I'll bring a ps2 controller next time.

Zicore - Ken 2 good? Next time youre in Madison, we should smash/draft!

John - Dude, you're really good for never being to a tourney before. You're a quick learner too. You should def make it to more tourneys, you'll be good in no time.

Lone - Sad to see you go too. You should at least play some melee!

Hunger - Keep rockin those icies, they get better everytime I see them :cool:

Guy from Texas - Dayum Azen, I gotta shoutout to someone who drove from TEXAS. Hopefully it was worth the drive for you. At the very least, you can claim you drove across the country to a tourney.

Brawl players - C'mon guys, you don't have to do this to yourselves. There's plenty of good games out there. Just stay away from SF4 (brawl JR) :dizzy:

Ook - 222good

Top Bottom